Moffitt Cancer Center Employee Reviews

Moffitt is a great place to work
Oracle DBA (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 17, 2017
Moffitt is a great place to work. Moffitt provides Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement plans (401K), Paid vacation, Its very challenging work environment.
Great patients with a very stressful work load.
Patient Service Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 12, 2017
I was excited to join Moffitt until I started to work there. It's very stressful, very fast pace no time to breathe from the moment you start. This probably won't be where I stay permanently.

Great benefits!!! This is the best part of Moffitt beside the amazing patients.
Pros
Patients and the great benefits!!
Cons
Too stressful.....to much of a fast pace environment. Training was silly.
Be careful!!!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 9, 2017
I worked 3 North very toxic environment. Most of the other nurses are petty and caddie. The current unit manager acts like he cares but doesn't. He will literally lie to you and when it benefits him will throw someone under the bus or use them to make him look good.

DO NOT become "friends" with anyone do your job and go home...

Usually very short on staff, sometimes only one tech for 21 patients...
Pros
ARNP's are on very nice and will teach and help
Cons
management
Good companty to work for.
Data Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 9, 2017
Moffitt is a good company to work for. Provides great job security and benefits. It's a great place to work to gain experience if your interested in staying in this scope of work.
Pros
Benefits and Job security
Cons
PTO deduction and Not great pay for everything that many positions require.
Going downhill
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 2, 2017
Positions are held for favorites, therefore without qualified employees things never improve. This is so true regarding middle management and HR. Human Resources are the worse. They pretend to care about employees but its just a façade.
Particularly sad since we receive so much from the state and the public.
Pros
Location, benefits (however they used to be better).
Cons
They seem to have an eye for hiring the wrong people, even when they come with known reputation of not being a good fit, they are hired anyway.
work
RA (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 31, 2017
Little opportunity for growth. Benefits not good for Part time or PRN. Compensation not good compared to other places. Hard to balance work life while studying
Moffitt has a culture of believers...the team believes, know that together we will end cancer.
Professional Practice Coding Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 29, 2017
Moffitt is a team of people who work tirelessly toward the mission of ending cancer. All team members perform their jobs with a patients first mandate.
Great company
Registered Nurse, Float Pool (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 27, 2017
This company is a great place to work. As a employer, there is room for advancement. As a registered nurse, my main focus is making sure I give my patient the best quality of care. There is great teamwork and they challenge there employer to reach their full potential. The best part about my position is the ability to gain multiple experience as a float nurse.
Productive Work Place
Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 25, 2017
Nice culture and an awesome place to work. Day to day work life, common to everywhere else. Pro LGBTQ. Management are encouraging. Promote education. The end
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
No complaints
Poor Management
RN BSN Project/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 19, 2017
Management talks like they want to fix the problems but lack the motivation to hold people accountable. Management is manipulative and untrustworthy. The patients are worth working there.
Pros
Highly regarded in the community
Cons
Poor Management
they are great with being flexible if you every have a problem
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2017
this truly is a great company and i would recommend that anyone interested in working here go for it because you will not be displeased this was my entrance into "corporate america " and it was a great experience
A Challenging Operating Room
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2017
Moffitt Cancer Center is an amazing place. We do the most intricate and cutting edge surgical procedures for cancer patients. I learn something new with every shift I work. Our managers work hard to make the surgical schedule run smoothly and are responsive to staff needs.
Great company
Patient Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 13, 2017
My job was incredibly easy. I was there briefly but made a huge impact on my team. The other two members of my team did just enough to keep their jobs while I doubled their productivity. Doctors treated you like you were peasantry. Benefits were great, I wish I could have them where I am now.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Compensation
great place to work
CLINICAL DIETITIAN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 13, 2017
If you have to have cancer this is the place to be to get wonderful, tender loving care. The team that I worked with had an extra special touch with their patients.
Pros
great care
Productive and caring environment
Clinical Trials Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2017
They strive to create a good work-life balance although it still needs some work. Employees are valued and it shows. Excellent workplace culture and communication with upper management.
Benefits
Cons
Payscale
Nurse Resident Program (Current Employee) –  Lutz, FLJuly 4, 2017
Great place to work. Team members are very friendly, helpful and informative. Workers get extensive training on how to effectively care for cancer patients.
I don't want to review
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  PharmacyJuly 3, 2017
I still work here. I am not comfortable publishing a review. a typical day is hard. I've learned things every day. Management could be works. The culture is fine.
Avery busy patient load, taking care of very acutely ill patients.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33612June 25, 2017
A typical day involves taking care of very acutely ill cancer patients. I have learned great empathy for these patients and do everything in my power to make sure that my patients get all of their medications and have a degree of pain control that will allow them to be comfortable, if not by the current M.D. orders, then by calling the doctor and getting a new order. Mid-level management is very exceptional, upper management, I have no comment on. The overall culture is to take exceptional care of all of the patients going through life threatening experience. The hardest part of this job, is having to see a lot of these patients decline and then pass away. On the other hand, I get a great sense of accomplishment, knowing that I made someone’s day a little brighter.
Pros
good schedules
Cons
poor raises or no raises
Excellant Cancer Patient Care
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 21, 2017
Typical day would very according to staff needs. My duties included reconciling budget, recording meeting minutes, ordering supplies for various events, registering patients, creating Excel spreadsheets.
I learned on-line event registrations and event organizations.
Management worked with staff on annual Men's Health Forum event.
Management worked with staff through regular meetings.
The workplace culture was diversified creating a forum in which all cultures were included.
The hardest part of the job was acknowledging the fact that some groups within the community didn't have access to healthcare.
The most enjoyable part of the job knowing that a person was saved through early prevention through our departments community efforts.
Pros
Helping our commuintiy learn about early Cancer detection..
Cons
Noted above.
Float pool nursing has Great Managers
Contract Nursing to Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2017
It is not a long-term career for a seasoned nurse. They seem to be behind with a lot of their technology. Mgmt on most units tend to have poor skills.
Pros
okay starter job for New Grads
Cons
POOR mgmt due to improper actions from flr managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moffitt Cancer Center. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval