Moffitt Cancer Center Employee Reviews

Excellant Cancer Patient Care
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 21, 2017
Typical day would very according to staff needs. My duties included reconciling budget, recording meeting minutes, ordering supplies for various events, registering patients, creating Excel spreadsheets.
I learned on-line event registrations and event organizations.
Management worked with staff on annual Men's Health Forum event.
Management worked with staff through regular meetings.
The workplace culture was diversified creating a forum in which all cultures were included.
The hardest part of the job was acknowledging the fact that some groups within the community didn't have access to healthcare.
The most enjoyable part of the job knowing that a person was saved through early prevention through our departments community efforts.
Pros
Helping our commuintiy learn about early Cancer detection..
Cons
Noted above.
Float pool nursing has Great Managers
Contract Nursing to Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2017
It is not a long-term career for a seasoned nurse. They seem to be behind with a lot of their technology. Mgmt on most units tend to have poor skills.
Pros
okay starter job for New Grads
Cons
POOR mgmt due to improper actions from flr managers
Don't try to get ahead
Office of Technology Licensing (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 15, 2017
Managers got their by being friends with the right people, or by outlasting everyone else in their department. If you are smart, ambitious, and hard working, you will end up doing all the work, and your boss will take all the credit. If you are irreplaceable, you are unpromoteable.
Pros
They used to provide free coffee
Productive day
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 7, 2017
Moffitt is a great company to work for and my day mainly consisted of going to meetings with my team and filing and processing claims. Some times we had to go to the main campus to get Dr. notes and make sure that the patient's RX was filled.
Pros
Great atmospher
Cons
A little stressful at times
a nice place to work to meet great patients even though they are sick and some wonderful nurses
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 6, 2017
This used to be my favorite place to work but along the way the company got too commercialized and were not thinking about the patients and staff. In the past employees were more recognized and upper staff would make rounds to see staff and how everything was happening/functioning on their unit but that hasn't happened in ages. The staff would like to know a little often that they are appreciated. The moral in the hospital is low but everyone puts on a smiling face cause they do need their job.
Pros
discount on food
Work place
Management Assistant, Comprehensive Breast Program (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 2, 2017
The doctors and staff were pleasant to work with.
I reported the Department Administration to Human Resources as a workplace bully. It was not a pleasant work environment.
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
Poor management
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 26, 2017
the environment in this hospital is great, the people the patients the doctors were great, i left to move away from other situations happening in my life, i would have love to still work there
family oriented workplace laid back
Financial Clearance Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 24, 2017
Great place to work. They allow you to be able to balance family and work life. Employees are friendly & make you feel like family. Safe and relaxing work environment.
Fun Work Place
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 23, 2017
Great place to work for, enjoyed my coworkers and manager. Pay was decent, culture was great, management was wonderful. Plenty of opportunities for advancement.
Very Fun place to work
Informatics System Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 23, 2017
The PM at there was very knowledgeable about the workflow, Cerner, and the Implementation process. He also wrote a book on it. Therefore we had someone that not only work in the field, but new the process.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Long Hours
Philosophy
PRN-Diagnostic Radiology Nurse/Rapid Response (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2017
Philosophy is great but the experience is horrible being an employee going for a cancer screening and charged a $400 facility fee. That is just wrong. Mother is currently fighting metastatic breast cancer and I have my annual mammogram and ultrasound as preventative health and charged a $400 facility fee along with a $120 physician bill.
Interesting place to work
Staff Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 19, 2017
Moffit is a tough place to work, since you are working with patients who have cancer. Some live and so die and here lies the difficulty. You have to work hard to keep your emotions in tact
Help Desk Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 16, 2017
Everyone here is so nice - we all strive to meet one goal - care of our Patients and Patients First. Everyone takes pride in working here and it can be felt from every employee!
Pros
The people
Cons
Length of time for foward/upward movement
Great learning enviroment
Perioperative Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 10, 2017
Moffitt Cancer Center has a broad amount of learning experiences in the O.R. setting that is extremely beneficial and appreciated. The environment is friendly and accepting from coworkers to managment.
Pros
Great people and benefits
Cons
Low compensation
Unpleasant place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 9, 2017
Not an inviting place to work. The place is very unorganized. There have been a variety of incidents with things being out of place or just plain wrong most of the time due to poor MANAGEMENT and COMMUNICATION. Employees have disgusting attitudes and are very sneaky. The company does not seem to have a real backbone. No real plans from when certain things go wrong in the clinic, everyone just seems to go crazy,flip out and panic like childeren. Pay is NOT GOOD and should be more due to the hard work you there and a stressful, unorganized environment. So glad I don't work there anymore. Wouldn't recommend friend by the way.
Pros
Pto, Team memeber health clinic, new building, new cubical
Cons
Short breaks, unorganized, very poor communication from peers and management
Awesome place to work!
Patient Account Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 4, 2017
I love my job! The work atmosphere is full of love and care for our patients as well as my fellow co-workers. Would definitely refer others as an awesome place to work!.
Pros
close net working environment
Cons
family and time management
Discriminate
RN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 28, 2017
My experience with Moffitt Cancer Center was very disappointing and disheartening. Upper management controls HR and hire and fire people with prejudice.The workload is overwhelming would not recommend anyone for this work place.
work place
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 26, 2017
My typical day working was to make sure we had the proper amount of food in the cafeteria to get through the night. The workplace culture was great because the cafeteria was completely remodeled. The hardest part of the job was to make sure we had the proper amount of staff working their assigned areas.The most enjoyable part of my job was that I enjoyed working with all of the staff and be able to talk to other department staff and patient and their family members.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
almost no or very short breaks and not having the proper amount of management working every night.
good place and people
Coordinator Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 14, 2017
This is a great place to work for if you are a people person and have a sympathy and care about helping others. You get a great satisfaction and feel you are making a difference.
Productive and purposeful workplace; job security
Lead Lab position (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 9, 2017
Very busy day, each year work increases so guaranteed jobs security
Work life balance is hard to manage, not enough staff
Hardest part of job is completing all the duties
Knowing you are helping patient outcome is rewarding
Pros
Extra hours available to work, expose to best of medical field
Cons
Can burn out

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moffitt Cancer Center. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval