Moffitt Cancer Center Employee Reviews

Extensive hands-on training
Teen Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 13, 2016
As a Teen Volunteer for Moffitt Cancer Center, I have had the opportunity to work with patients and the employees of Moffitt Cancer Center. I have been provided with various job duties including greeting patients, working on the internal computer system, pulling slides for the Pathology lab, and performing clerical work in the Teen Volunteer office, along with special assignments.

The doctors, nurses and management have provided me with unique opportunities which in turn has permitted me to learn how a large company works and thrives, while attending to its primary goal of saving people's lives.

One of the most enjoyable aspects of working at Moffitt Cancer Center is the coworkers and their ability to teach volunteers about each aspect of their job. I have had the privilege of working in 3 different areas of Moffitt Cancer Center.

I have learned not only the technical parts of my job, but I have also learned tremendous skills in working with patients of Moffitt Cancer Center. A great deal of the job requires exceptional interpersonal skills.
Pros
Exceptional coworkers
Great work environment
Cytotechnologist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 9, 2016
Only con is that I am always having to stay late.

Great people working in a sad environment, making the best of what they are given
Pros
nice people
Cons
staying late
small call center
Over -head pages (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 8, 2016
small work area in secure place. people are nice and like to help patients and loved ones get in touch with person needed.
Fast Paced multi-line department
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 8, 2016
Fun place to work. Helping people get to the office or appointment center as needed. Must be flexible and work as needed no benefits for PRN
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
must be very flexible in schedule
Family Environment
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 6, 2016
Great place to work, felt like family. There really isn't more to say but the site is making me type more. Not sure why this isn't a fortune 500 company but it should be.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short lunches, cafeteria food was bad
Compassionate individuals
RN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 15, 2016
The patients are the best set of people I've ever worked with as a nurse. They are highly motivated to learn at every opportunity. The staff, doctors, & volunteers are extraordinarily compassionate with the patients. Unfortunately, there are heavy politics that accompanies such a success-driven work environment. I don't even feel safe to say more than that.
Pros
Acute Care Clinic is free- I use as my PCP, been very happy with them
Cons
Toxic, political culture with significant corporate bullying.
Loved Moffitt
RMA (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 7, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Moffitt Cancer Center. I was forced to leave because of a move to a different state. Moffitt's team members go above and beyond for their patients. I loved it there!
Very fast paste work enviorment
Regulatory Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Tampa FloridaApril 7, 2016
Very fast paste environment. I have learned oncology, Leadership needs improvement. Great co workers.The hardest part of the job is communication and moving around the busy campus.
Great Experience
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 7, 2016
I had a wonderful experience at Moffitt Cancer Center. If it was not for my relocation I would still be at Moffitt. Management was always able to lend a hand when it was needed and the job was very manageable.
Teaching Hospital
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 31, 2016
Since H Lee Moffitt is a teaching hospital, you never get bored working there. I enjoyed working with the physicians, nurses and staff. The patients are warm and welcome conversation regardless of their condition. It is a great place to work and learn.
Pros
You can learn alot
Cons
Not a first choice for employment
RN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 31, 2016
The patient and nurse relationship was great. I learned an immense amount about caring for cancer patients. Management was disappointing for the fact that I witnessed many occasions which management did not support the nurses. Unit manager was rarely available and often after expressing a concern, conflict of error the nurse who complained was often let go from employment. My coworkers were terrific and very team oriented. Help was always available and patient assignments were more often than not appropriate and safe. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the patients typically for extended periods of time which facilitated connection between the nurse and the patients and the patients family.
A true team
Business Systems Analyst/Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 24, 2016
Fun to work with fellow employees and all were always there to assist when required. Learned how to deal with MD's, RN's and other hospital managers.
Pros
Teamwork and collaberation within departments
Cons
Sometimes short on personnel
Love it!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 22, 2016
Positive environment, great employees, great patients and families. Support system is great. Teamwork at its finest. No drama.
Competitive
Intern (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 17, 2016
Data Manipulate and data analysis in Moffitt Cancer Center
Identified the clinical problem and importing raw data from Excel
into SAS .
Preprocessed data (data cleaning, integration, transformation, reduction,
discretization) from several divisions using SAS.
Construct directed statistical model selection for risk factors effecting
usage of metformin which decreases risk of GVHD.
(Survival Analysis on right-censored data, Mixed Effect
Model and Longitudinal Data Analysis ,etc)
pleasured work
Trainer Pathology resident and fellows (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 12, 2016
Provide accurate and timely processing of a variety of laboratory specimens, including the majority of pathological specimens. Helping make a pathologic diagnosis, responsible for the gross examination and dissection of anatomic pathology specimens and the performance of postmortem examinations, prepare tissue for numerous pathological tests including frozen section, , flow cytometry and immunohistochemical staining.
Positive Culture and Passionate Team Members
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 29, 2016
Senior leadership and senior Management are focused to make improvements for patient care and team members. Every team member makes a difference in patients lives
Externship
Medical Assistant Internship (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 9, 2015
I did my externship at Moffitt and learned alot of information that will help me in future endeavours. I assisted in front and back office duties during my time with this company.
Medical assistant
medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 30, 2015
I love my job but, I get really attached to my patients and I see lots of thermally ill cancer patients. I would love to find a job that I wasn't afraid that I would never see my patients getting better.
Working on a cancer cure.
Survival Analysis Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 24, 2015
Worked with SAS program to create a prediction model. The goal was to identify patient characteristics which reduced the recurrence of breast cancer in 150 patients. All work was done on a computer with aid of my supervisor. Loved the people and the goal. Job entirely dependent on grant money.
Pros
Work towards a better tomorrow.
Cons
Job security changes with grant money.
Supervisor of EVS
Supervisor Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 17, 2015
I oversee the daily activities of the Environmental Services Department.
I ensure and prescribed levels of cleanliness, sanitation, and appearance are maintained though out the hospital. Supervise staff by orienting, scheduling and providing performance feedback on an ongoing basis. Trains staff in general cleaning and floor care techniques, chemical usage, set up procedures, power equipment operation, and safety. Inspects and cleaned Patient Rooms, Research Labs, Operating Rooms, Emergency Room, Dialysis, Cath Lab, Nuclear Cardiology, PSCU, PACU, ENDO, ASU and public areas to ensure high levels of service are being maintained. Ordered and uphold accurate inventory records and monitors all usage of supplies, chemicals and equipment within area of responsibility. Dispenses and collects keys assigned to Environmental Services staff. Monitors staff adherence to established safety standards. Takes required precautions when working with hazardous materials and power equipment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moffitt Cancer Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2