Moffitt Cancer Center Employee Reviews

Enjoyable and Rewarding
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 23, 2016
Working at Moffitt can be a very rewarding job. There is a lot of competition and a lot of room for career development. Upper leadership is very attentive to what the staff wants/needs.
Challenging but very rewarding
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 29, 2016
Moffitt was a great place to work. The team and patients were very diverse, and I always wanted to be at work. Like any job it has it's good days and bad days, but as a team we made it through day to day.
Pros
Diversity and constant learning opportunities
Cons
Loss of patients/giving bad news
Loved what I did
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaSeptember 22, 2016
I worked with very caring people. Very committed coworkers.
I enjoyed sharing knowledge.

My team was exceptional under the leadership of our Manager. I loved being part of such an exceptional team of professionals who worked in the community to make the public more aware of the importance of healthy eating and how it would impact their lives.

The population we reached was thankful of all the knowledge the outreach health educational representatives provided during their presentations.
Amazing opportunities
Transplant Nurse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 8, 2016
Moffitt provides a diverse environment for their nurses. Nurses are able to work in a variety of positions and they are able to move around with ease.
Pros
Ability to work in a variety of positions
Cons
N/a
Excellent workplace
PhD Candidate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 7, 2016
Moffitt Cancer Center is a phenomenal institution. The people here are highly collaborative and truly engaged in making a meaningful and worthwhile contribution to the prevention and cure of cancer.
Becoming a member of the Pain-Patient Care Team.
Registered Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 31, 2016
Provided a common understanding and guidelines for cancer patients in an outpatient clinic environment.

Functioned as both a resource and change agent in disseminating information, interfacing with nurses, physicians, other health care providers, and patients and families to facilitate quality pain management.
Pros
Worked with the most wonderful doctor who soon became my mentor.
Cons
Medical director was a demon physician.
Amazing opportunity.
Senior Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 29, 2016
Moffitt Cancer was amazing!! A typical work day would include checking the patients in and out of the clinic. I would verify patients insurance as well. The patients were fantastic for the most part. It is a cancer facility after all.
My supervisor was very understandable and willing to go to bat for her employees My co-workers were the best! It was like working with family .
The hardest part of the job was losing patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my coworkers and seeing patients beat their cancer.
Pros
My co-worker family, the patients were amazing!
Cons
Losing patients.
Took care of the cancer patients
Assistant (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 23, 2016
While working at the Moffitt Cancer center we did multiple things such as delivering mail, and prescriptions to doctors. We also help discharge patients once they are ready to leave the facility. We would also give the patients their lunch.
Work Life balance for IT is non-existent
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 1, 2016
Management does not seem to notice that staff are overworked and very stressed. Projects are always date driven regardless of staff workload. Those dates move frequently. If you are planning a vacation, better get it on the calendar before a project date changes. Management routinely stops allowing PTO or flexible work arrangements. Many managers play favorites. Some teams are not open to new people. There is never enough time to thoroughly analyze work or a project without being told to have it done by a certain date.

The department used to be fun and there was time for group lunches or time to enjoy your evenings. Now there is so much work, you eat at your desk. The Call schedule is a joke. It seems like every weekend is taken up with something for work, and there is no compensation for that work. Working on an issue overnight, does not seem to matter--you still have to come in on time the next day....you wind up working sometimes for 16 hours straight.

Managers are stressed --they seem to be just relaying information from the top down, without sticking up for their employees.
Pros
The mission of Moffitt.
Cons
Non-existent worklife balance. Lack of true leadership. Grueling hours.
Patient care priority
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 25, 2016
Nice organization includes research, clinic, and administrative. Direct patient care Physician's are great! I'm not interested in provided any additional information. I'm not in a position to elaborate.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Communication
Approved
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2016
Liked the position. A good company and culture for employment. Important to remain in a good attitude and have good spirits.
Mostly busy work
Research Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2016
My experience as RCII at the MCC was delimited to mostly reviewing medical records. However, this will vary significantly depending on who your PI is.
Extensive hands-on training
Teen Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 13, 2016
As a Teen Volunteer for Moffitt Cancer Center, I have had the opportunity to work with patients and the employees of Moffitt Cancer Center. I have been provided with various job duties including greeting patients, working on the internal computer system, pulling slides for the Pathology lab, and performing clerical work in the Teen Volunteer office, along with special assignments.

The doctors, nurses and management have provided me with unique opportunities which in turn has permitted me to learn how a large company works and thrives, while attending to its primary goal of saving people's lives.

One of the most enjoyable aspects of working at Moffitt Cancer Center is the coworkers and their ability to teach volunteers about each aspect of their job. I have had the privilege of working in 3 different areas of Moffitt Cancer Center.

I have learned not only the technical parts of my job, but I have also learned tremendous skills in working with patients of Moffitt Cancer Center. A great deal of the job requires exceptional interpersonal skills.
Pros
Exceptional coworkers
Great work environment
Cytotechnologist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 9, 2016
Only con is that I am always having to stay late.

Great people working in a sad environment, making the best of what they are given
Pros
nice people
Cons
staying late
small call center
Over -head pages (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 8, 2016
small work area in secure place. people are nice and like to help patients and loved ones get in touch with person needed.
Fast Paced multi-line department
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 8, 2016
Fun place to work. Helping people get to the office or appointment center as needed. Must be flexible and work as needed no benefits for PRN
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
must be very flexible in schedule
Family Environment
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 6, 2016
Great place to work, felt like family. There really isn't more to say but the site is making me type more. Not sure why this isn't a fortune 500 company but it should be.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short lunches, cafeteria food was bad
Compassionate individuals
RN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 15, 2016
The patients are the best set of people I've ever worked with as a nurse. They are highly motivated to learn at every opportunity. The staff, doctors, & volunteers are extraordinarily compassionate with the patients. Unfortunately, there are heavy politics that accompanies such a success-driven work environment. I don't even feel safe to say more than that.
Pros
Acute Care Clinic is free- I use as my PCP, been very happy with them
Cons
Toxic, political culture with significant corporate bullying.
Loved Moffitt
RMA (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 7, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Moffitt Cancer Center. I was forced to leave because of a move to a different state. Moffitt's team members go above and beyond for their patients. I loved it there!
Very fast paste work enviorment
Regulatory Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Tampa FloridaApril 7, 2016
Very fast paste environment. I have learned oncology, Leadership needs improvement. Great co workers.The hardest part of the job is communication and moving around the busy campus.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moffitt Cancer Center. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval