Moffitt Cancer Employee Reviews in United States

Compassionate individuals
RN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 15, 2016
The patients are the best set of people I've ever worked with as a nurse. They are highly motivated to learn at every opportunity. The staff, doctors, & volunteers are extraordinarily compassionate with the patients. Unfortunately, there are heavy politics that accompanies such a success-driven work environment. I don't even feel safe to say more than that.
Pros
Acute Care Clinic is free- I use as my PCP, been very happy with them
Cons
Toxic, political culture with significant corporate bullying.
Competitive
Intern (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 17, 2016
Data Manipulate and data analysis in Moffitt Cancer Center
Identified the clinical problem and importing raw data from Excel
into SAS .
Preprocessed data (data cleaning, integration, transformation, reduction,
discretization) from several divisions using SAS.
Construct directed statistical model selection for risk factors effecting
usage of metformin which decreases risk of GVHD.
(Survival Analysis on right-censored data, Mixed Effect
Model and Longitudinal Data Analysis ,etc)
Family Environment
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 6, 2016
Great place to work, felt like family. There really isn't more to say but the site is making me type more. Not sure why this isn't a fortune 500 company but it should be.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short lunches, cafeteria food was bad
Fast Paced multi-line department
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 8, 2016
Fun place to work. Helping people get to the office or appointment center as needed. Must be flexible and work as needed no benefits for PRN
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
must be very flexible in schedule
Great Experience
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 7, 2016
I had a wonderful experience at Moffitt Cancer Center. If it was not for my relocation I would still be at Moffitt. Management was always able to lend a hand when it was needed and the job was very manageable.
Mostly busy work
Research Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2016
My experience as RCII at the MCC was delimited to mostly reviewing medical records. However, this will vary significantly depending on who your PI is.
Very fast paste work enviorment
Regulatory Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Tampa FloridaApril 7, 2016
Very fast paste environment. I have learned oncology, Leadership needs improvement. Great co workers.The hardest part of the job is communication and moving around the busy campus.
Great work environment
Cytotechnologist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 9, 2016
Only con is that I am always having to stay late.

Great people working in a sad environment, making the best of what they are given
Pros
nice people
Cons
staying late
Extensive hands-on training
Teen Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 13, 2016
As a Teen Volunteer for Moffitt Cancer Center, I have had the opportunity to work with patients and the employees of Moffitt Cancer Center. I have been provided with various job duties including greeting patients, working on the internal computer system, pulling slides for the Pathology lab, and performing clerical work in the Teen Volunteer office, along with special assignments.

The doctors, nurses and management have provided me with unique opportunities which in turn has permitted me to learn how a large company works and thrives, while attending to its primary goal of saving people's lives.

One of the most enjoyable aspects of working at Moffitt Cancer Center is the coworkers and their ability to teach volunteers about each aspect of their job. I have had the privilege of working in 3 different areas of Moffitt Cancer Center.

I have learned not only the technical parts of my job, but I have also learned tremendous skills in working with patients of Moffitt Cancer Center. A great deal of the job requires exceptional interpersonal skills.
Pros
Exceptional coworkers
Positive Culture and Passionate Team Members
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 29, 2016
Senior leadership and senior Management are focused to make improvements for patient care and team members. Every team member makes a difference in patients lives
Approved
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2016
Liked the position. A good company and culture for employment. Important to remain in a good attitude and have good spirits.
Loved Moffitt
RMA (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 7, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Moffitt Cancer Center. I was forced to leave because of a move to a different state. Moffitt's team members go above and beyond for their patients. I loved it there!
Love it
Clinical Research Intern (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 6, 2015
Good place to work and grow as a student. The directors and staff are always willing to help.
Moffitt cancer center has played a huge role in fighting cancer in the country through ground breaking research and health education. It's an excellent place for people interested in making a difference in the fight against cancer through clinical research
Wonderful place to learn and work!
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 23, 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed my time spent at Moffitt. They are an incredible hospital with incredible staff. The research they do there is outstanding, and its wonderful to see the outcomes for patients who are in need of their research. Loved working with the pharmacist and technicians-they were always willing to help/teach me.
Pros
team-work, interesteing
Understaffed and Poorly Managed
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 18, 2014
Too many chiefs making six-figure salaries, not enough staff to carry out the important work of patient care and research.
Pros
the patients, the mission
Cons
overloaded, understaffed, benefits cuts, terrible upper management
Intense work, very rewarding
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 7, 2012
A typical day will include caring for 1-3 patients with hematologic disease undergoing auto or allo blood and marrow transplantation. These patients range from stable to critical, and the job has the potential to be both very rewarding and incredibly stressful. There are days that are fast paced and others that crawl by. For the most part the co-workers are phenomenally supportive, caring, hard-working, and fun to work with. Moffitt has undergone much change over the past 2 years, especially with the changing economic climate. The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling I get from helping patients reach their potential and get stronger to beat cancer! The hardest part is dealing with acute and chronic complications of transplant that can lead to disability, patient discomfort, and sometimes hospice care and death. Also, a high expectation for extra-curricular committee work on the unit and throughout the hospital which is rewarding, but demanding.
Pros
rewarding, co-worker support, job security
Cons
high stress, institutional changes, loss of benefits
Productive team work and fun place to work for.
Account Recievable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 4, 2012
Review claims that did not pay, edit and submit for payment. Edit and clean new claims for payment. Review worklist.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moffitt Cancer. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3