Mohave Community College Employee Reviews

All around poor place to work
IT Coordinator, September (Former Employee), Lake Havasu City, AZMay 4, 2015
Pros: Not any to report
Cons: Many
Not a good higher ed institution to work for, poor administration and management needs to learn to value their employees. Also lacks in student support and program guidance.
Great working environment
Asst. Librarian (Former Employee), Kingman, AZMarch 19, 2015
Pros: working at an educational institution
Cons: only contract work
Great company to work for!

Loved helping students learn and had a great time doing it!

I learned how to trouble shoot computer issues and peripheral devices.
Went to school also while I worked their.
Receptionist/Clerical (Former Employee), Kingman ArizonaFebruary 19, 2015
Enjoyed working with my co-workers, management, and in all the students and employee's. I also graduated with a AAS in accounting and an emphasis in bookkeeping while working at Mohave Community College. I loved to work with students also to see them succeed with their hard work and dreams. I position consist of helping students testing, financial aid, getting on the website to sign up for classes or what ever they needed help with, filing, data entry etc.
Good local community college
Clinical Instructor Second Semester Nursing (Former Employee), Bullhead City, AZSeptember 30, 2014
Enjoyed teaching 2nd semester nursing students, very rewarding, college in town
Work Study
Student Success Center Receptionist (Former Employee), Bullhead City, AZSeptember 24, 2014
Work study gives you the oppurtunity to work and do school work however it does not give many hours and is a very slow work day.
No Job Security
Accounting Technician (Former Employee), Kingman, AZAugust 19, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: benefits
The hardest part of working here is know you have no job Security at all
Fun place to work, very caring of employees.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Kingman, AZAugust 11, 2014
A typical day started with making the office comfortable and ready before the realtors arrived. I learned a lot about the real estate business. The office manager was always friendly and personable. My co-workers were very competitive among themselves, as I was not a realtor I was not competition. The hardest part of the job was keeping busy, most days were very slow. The bast part of the job was the learning environment.
Professional educational atmosphere
Associate Faculty - PreCollege Studies (Current Employee), Bullhead City, AZJuly 30, 2014
Gaining knowledge of the educational field. Instructor of the GED Mathematics course. Professional environment.
Good work enviroment
Fitness Center Technician Work-Study (Former Employee), Kingman, AZJuly 28, 2014
Was a great job to have while going to college, allowed you to study.
Fun and accommodating workplace
MATH TUTOR (Former Employee), Bullhead City, AZJune 30, 2014
Pros: relaxed, flexible hours, nice client base
Cons: minimum wage, no full time
Working as a tutor for Mohave Community College was an interesting experience. The switch over to the temp agency just made getting paid a little weird due to it being weekly.
I would normally go in and help people as they came in with whatever math they needed help with. Some people were quite frustrating to deal with, but it was in part because they were having trouble with the subject to begin with.
The work environment was a relaxed one, but within reason. It became more structured during my last semester there when we started implementing the appointment system.
All in all it was a good job aside from it being part time minimum wage, but the service provided was able to help a lot of people.
Great people
Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee), Kingman, AZJune 21, 2014
Fun place to work with great people for the most part. If you like working in a fast pace environment then this is the place for you.
wonderful staff and support system when I need any assistance.
Distance Educator (Current Employee), Bullhead City, AZApril 21, 2014
Pros: the flexibility to work at my own pace, while still being involved with radiology
I work at home using the computer to teach a Radiology class for the Radiology Tech program through Mohave Community College.

Each day I log on and review student progress, assignments, and post discussion forums weekly.

I have two other Educators that I work with for this program. They are onsite faculty. I am the only distance educator for this program.

I enjoy being able to teach for this course as it allows me to keep up with my Radiology degree, while being able to teach others, and help them become a competent, successful tech upon graduating this program.
Great Learning job for students
Student Services Specialist (Former Employee), Bullhead City, AZMarch 5, 2014
Pros: advisors, and students
Cons: was only work study position
It was fun helping students register, and learning all the different aspects of college life. My day was always a learning experience and I enjoyed my job.
Productive and Innovative Place to Work
Associate Faculty Member (Current Employee), Kingman, AZJanuary 29, 2014
A typical day includes interacting with students and others in a fun and ever changing educational environment.
Quiet, solitary, simple place
Library Aide (Former Employee), Kingman, AzJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: easy work, amazing people
Cons: time consuming chores
I would set up and break down labs, make media for Micro labs and clean out the tubes when they were done. Grade papers here and there, but mostly was just a lab rat. I learned a lot about the world of Microbiology, a lot about my orizational skills and efficient work ethic. The hardest part of the job was the strong smells that come with cleaning out the bacteria ridden medias. The most enjoyable were the students.
Fun, educational, personal
Student (Current Employee), Bullhead City, AZDecember 29, 2013
Pros: educational, learn time management, learn more about teamwork
Cons: short breaks, time changes
My teachers were very helpful and always making sure you do what you need to do to pass. Typical day was either taking notes or tapping into my creativity. My classmates were very nice and willing to work with me on projects. The most enjoyable part was being able to be creative and work hard and accomplish things I never thought I could accomplish.
Working at a college is great.
Instructional Support Technician (Former Employee), Lake Havasu City, AZDecember 18, 2013
Pros: new equipment; dell partner; pto
Cons: not many cons
I loved working at the college. The technologies are fresh; ideas flourish; and there was a lot of PTO. Wonderful place to work.
A very interesting and challenging job.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Lake Havasu City, AzOctober 13, 2013
Pros: working independently.
Cons: getting up early (4:00 am).
My time spent as a school bus driver was always exciting. My day started before dawn, crawling under the bus inspecting the breaks, checking the tires and engine. The bus must be well maintained for the safety of the children. The children were always very fun to be around. This job worked well for me while raising my children. My children are all grown now, so I went back to school to learn medical assisting. Working in the health care profession is something I always wanted to do.
challenging work!
Cataloger (Former Employee), Kingman, ArizonaSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: working independently
Cons: low pay for the job expectation and requirements
I had never been or had any training as a library cataloger. I was hired as a library assistant and informed on my first day of work that instead of that, I was the sole cataloger for the four campuses. Also, no one was there to train me, and no one, not even the library dean, knew how to perform the tasks. I learned it all on my own. The hardest part of the job was that learning curve. I worked independently, 20 hours a week. I spend those 20 hours cataloging books into the system for use by the students. I most enjoyed handling those books! I love books!
Library Aide / Computer Tech (Former Employee), Fort Mojave, AZSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: working and learning at the same place.
Cons: too many changes to keep up with.
I like working on campus and attending college at the same time.