Mohave Community College Employee Reviews

Great place to work, allowing great experience and growth
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZDecember 21, 2017
MCC is a great place for any student to work at while attending school. They offer positions for students, so they work around school schedules, allow time for studying if necessary, and give you an opportunity to gain work experience, and grow as an individual. I would definitely recommend working at MCC to any student who is looking for a job, while attending college.
Productive and fun workplace. The work day was usually even paced. Working with college students was awesome and rewarding.n
FOUNDATION STUDIES CENTER MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZDecember 14, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was matching a tutor with a student. When a student acquired a tutor and stayed with that tutor,
it was rewarding to see the student succeed with the exam(s) for which they studied. Eventually, the student passed the course. That was always awesome to see.
Pros
Even paced, flexible schedule.
Cons
Relatively low pay.
Great Place to Work
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZNovember 15, 2017
Co-workers were fantastic, positive, and supportive. The environment was both laid back and focused. It very much felt like a family environment which is hard to find these days!
A good job for this county
Employee (Current Employee) –  Kingman, AZOctober 10, 2017
Good job and Great benefits, perfect place to work, advancements are available in the right departments. The people are easy to work with, the clients are challenging sometimes.
Pros
excellent benefits
Fun work environment
Workstudy Clerical Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZOctober 5, 2017
Everyone was very kind. Was not very stressful at all. If I needed help with any part of the job everyone was helpful. I have social anxiety and my boss was very understanding.
Work Study
Receptionist - Tutoring Department (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZSeptember 26, 2017
Work Study is still working for someone while you are also attending the college for an education, and it should always be compensated according to the work performed and the hours it takes to perform the work, even if it takes more than the budgeted hours to perform. Work Study is a good program for students, especially when the compensation is fair and equitable.
Productive and challenging place to work
Resident Faculty (Current Employee) –  Kingman, AZAugust 15, 2017
Developing lessons and curriculum for practical nursing students. Co-workers work well as a team and are very supportive. I learned that I enjoy teaching and it is necessary to take into consideration of the diverse learning skills of the students. Management is very supportive and there is a multicultural faculty and student body. The hardest part of the job is to say goodbye to the students when they graduate,but it is also the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Friendly people
Nice environment
PCS Office Assistant (Work Study) (Current Employee) –  Kingman, AZJune 30, 2017
I'm a part-time work study student, so while I cannot speak for every type of position held here, I must say I rather enjoy my job. I do filing and database entry and suchlike in my office, and I love my coworker and boss, very cool people. The environment overall is a nice place to work in, starkly better than the crowded, whining throngs I endured in retail customer-service and food service. While not every person I interact with is necessarily pleasant, the professional, educational atmosphere seems to make it so that people are a little more behaved. A plus, to be sure!
Online education
Instructor, associate faculty (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZJune 24, 2017
Working with college students is very rewarding and keeping up with current research is also important. The hardest part is preparation to teach and issues with a very difficult learning management system.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Pay is too low
Great, supportive place to work
Student Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Kingman, AZMay 18, 2017
I started off as a work study and ended up in student services. I've never worked in a better place. The people here are very supportive and helpful and the students are great.
great people, questionable administrative tactics
Campus Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZMay 18, 2017
on the upside, MCC provided a learning environment, self paced work, and friendly coworkers across all departments.

the cons to working there were unrealistic timelines imposed by high level administration, lack of knowledge of IT at high level administration, and yet micro-management of IT abounds by the highest level of administration.

despite the cons, i overall enjoyed my tenure there and wouldn't have likely left if wasn't forced to due to circumstance and pressure from administration.
Pros
learning environment, self paced, friendly coworkers
Cons
unrealistic timelines, lack of knowledge in administration, micro-management abounds
Culinary Student
Culinary Artist (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZMay 2, 2017
Culinary Student, learn so much if it wasn't learning the books it was cooking we cooked for 300+ a day and cook for the new people who came into there new office.
Great Surgical Technology Program
Surgical Technology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZApril 11, 2017
This surgical technology program is top notch and the college is a good environment for both students and faculty. They have provided me with the opportunity to attend the Instructors Forum and the AST National Convention. The laboratory is complete with equipment, instruments, and supplies needed to instruct our students.
Pros
Program Director, fully equiped lab, and great people to work with.
Cons
Summer
Mohave Community College is a nice environment for students get help in Math/English
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZFebruary 8, 2017
I assisted college students one-on-one in homework and preparation of exams in Algebra, Trigonometry. Working with other tutors and we enjoy on helping students in Math and English.
Pros
I enjoy working with other tutors
Cons
sometimes see students struggle in Math, I felt bad and tried to figure out how to help them better
Great job
Associate Faculty (Former Employee) –  ArizonaNovember 22, 2016
teaching over 260 students the proper art of Phlebotomy.
A very rewarding and satisfying job.
Many of the students became future employees for Sonora Quest.
Pros
Getting students ready for a Certification board
Cons
I worked full time in addition to teaching
Productive and Interesting workplace
Laboratory Assistant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZSeptember 25, 2016
Mohave Community College provided me with a great opportunity as a Lab Assistant in the Chemistry department. My typical work day involved setting up and testing experiments with my supervisor, and it was a great opportunity to expand my knowledge while on the job.
Fun workplace and the ability to further your education
Clerk I, Enrollment Services (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZMay 16, 2016
I truly loved working at MCC as it was always a barrel of laughs but also a company that encouraged you to pursue a further education.
Benefits
Cons
Offering of relevant courses are expanding annually.
Associate Professor of Business (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZDecember 4, 2015
The academic environment is very conducive to learning. The staff and management is quite competent. The teachers in the business department were always helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with adult students who are enthusiastic about learning. The hardest part of the job is when a course does not have enough students enrolled and has to be either cancelled or combined with another.
Pros
Great way to teach students about what's required on a job.
Cons
Cancellation of classes due to low enrollment.
Great Place to Attend School
Business Administration Student (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZOctober 12, 2015
I received so much knowledge when attending MCC, the teachers made sure that I knew what I was studying, they gave their time like I've never seen.
Pros
Great Education
Cons
time
the school environment is good
Associate Faculty (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZSeptember 14, 2015
This is a good junior college and the school environment is good. The college has various certificate and associate degrees programs.