Mohave Community College Employee Reviews

Great Place to Attend School
Business Administration Student (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZOctober 12, 2015
I received so much knowledge when attending MCC, the teachers made sure that I knew what I was studying, they gave their time like I've never seen.
Pros
Great Education
Cons
time
the school environment is good
Associate Faculty (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZSeptember 14, 2015
This is a good junior college and the school environment is good. The college has various certificate and associate degrees programs.
Disorganized low paying company
Secretary II (Current Employee) –  Kingman, AZAugust 25, 2015
Terrible place to work! There is zero communication among the staff. Things are constantly being changed without notifying the employees impacted. Very low pay and most other employees will throw you under the bus at a moments notice.

It's an embarassment to see the only educational institution in a severely uneducated area being run so poorly but I guess that explains it! Little to no educated staff trying to run a company and teach others.

Very wasteful environment that doesn't recycle and constantly throws away things while going on about the budget.
Pros
Some flexibility in schedule
Cons
Low pay, poor management, zero communication among staff
Worst place to work
Enrollment Service Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZMay 31, 2015
Under current Dean, Director of student service's, and college President it is the worst place to work. Employees are not valued nor are the students! It's all about the money. Should they all ever be replaced it could be a great place; as it was at once was... 9+ years ago!
Pros
If you want to consider it a pro, all employees are on the same sinking ship together....
Cons
Lacks leadership, moral, and job security.... amongst so much more!
All around poor place to work
IT Coordinator, September (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZMay 4, 2015
Not a good higher ed institution to work for, poor administration and management needs to learn to value their employees. Also lacks in student support and program guidance.
Pros
Not any to report
Cons
Many
Great working environment
Asst. Librarian (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZMarch 19, 2015
Great company to work for!

Loved helping students learn and had a great time doing it!

I learned how to trouble shoot computer issues and peripheral devices.
Pros
working at an educational institution
Cons
only contract work
Went to school also while I worked their.
Receptionist/Clerical (Former Employee) –  Kingman ArizonaFebruary 19, 2015
Enjoyed working with my co-workers, management, and in all the students and employee's. I also graduated with a AAS in accounting and an emphasis in bookkeeping while working at Mohave Community College. I loved to work with students also to see them succeed with their hard work and dreams. I position consist of helping students testing, financial aid, getting on the website to sign up for classes or what ever they needed help with, filing, data entry etc.
Good local community college
Clinical Instructor Second Semester Nursing (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZSeptember 30, 2014
Enjoyed teaching 2nd semester nursing students, very rewarding, college in town
Work Study
Student Success Center Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZSeptember 24, 2014
Work study gives you the oppurtunity to work and do school work however it does not give many hours and is a very slow work day.
No Job Security
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZAugust 19, 2014
The hardest part of working here is know you have no job Security at all
Pros
compensation
benefits

Want to know more about Mohave Community College?

Ask a question
Fun place to work, very caring of employees.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZAugust 11, 2014
A typical day started with making the office comfortable and ready before the realtors arrived. I learned a lot about the real estate business. The office manager was always friendly and personable. My co-workers were very competitive among themselves, as I was not a realtor I was not competition. The hardest part of the job was keeping busy, most days were very slow. The bast part of the job was the learning environment.
Professional educational atmosphere
Associate Faculty - PreCollege Studies (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZJuly 30, 2014
Gaining knowledge of the educational field. Instructor of the GED Mathematics course. Professional environment.
Good work enviroment
Fitness Center Technician Work-Study (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZJuly 28, 2014
Was a great job to have while going to college, allowed you to study.
Fun and accommodating workplace
MATH TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZJune 30, 2014
Working as a tutor for Mohave Community College was an interesting experience. The switch over to the temp agency just made getting paid a little weird due to it being weekly.
I would normally go in and help people as they came in with whatever math they needed help with. Some people were quite frustrating to deal with, but it was in part because they were having trouble with the subject to begin with.
The work environment was a relaxed one, but within reason. It became more structured during my last semester there when we started implementing the appointment system.
All in all it was a good job aside from it being part time minimum wage, but the service provided was able to help a lot of people.
Pros
relaxed, flexible hours, nice client base
Cons
minimum wage, no full time
Great people
Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZJune 21, 2014
Fun place to work with great people for the most part. If you like working in a fast pace environment then this is the place for you.
wonderful staff and support system when I need any assistance.
Distance Educator (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZApril 21, 2014
I work at home using the computer to teach a Radiology class for the Radiology Tech program through Mohave Community College.

Each day I log on and review student progress, assignments, and post discussion forums weekly.

I have two other Educators that I work with for this program. They are onsite faculty. I am the only distance educator for this program.

I enjoy being able to teach for this course as it allows me to keep up with my Radiology degree, while being able to teach others, and help them become a competent, successful tech upon graduating this program.
Pros
the flexibility to work at my own pace, while still being involved with radiology
Great Learning job for students
Student Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZMarch 5, 2014
It was fun helping students register, and learning all the different aspects of college life. My day was always a learning experience and I enjoyed my job.
Pros
advisors, and students
Cons
was only work study position
Productive and Innovative Place to Work
Associate Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Kingman, AZJanuary 29, 2014
A typical day includes interacting with students and others in a fun and ever changing educational environment.
Quiet, solitary, simple place
Library Aide (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AzJanuary 3, 2014
I would set up and break down labs, make media for Micro labs and clean out the tubes when they were done. Grade papers here and there, but mostly was just a lab rat. I learned a lot about the world of Microbiology, a lot about my orizational skills and efficient work ethic. The hardest part of the job was the strong smells that come with cleaning out the bacteria ridden medias. The most enjoyable were the students.
Pros
easy work, amazing people
Cons
time consuming chores
Fun, educational, personal
Student (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZDecember 29, 2013
My teachers were very helpful and always making sure you do what you need to do to pass. Typical day was either taking notes or tapping into my creativity. My classmates were very nice and willing to work with me on projects. The most enjoyable part was being able to be creative and work hard and accomplish things I never thought I could accomplish.
Pros
educational, learn time management, learn more about teamwork
Cons
short breaks, time changes