Mohawk Industries Employee Reviews

Very profession and fun environment & culture
Systems Analyst II - EUS, Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 15, 2014
Mohawk is a very professional yet fun atmosphere for growth and knowledge. Although being a very large corporation my experience has been that it is very family oriented or maybe thats the relationships I've built with colleagues. I've progressed over the years from a desktop support technician to a systems analyst II...Management is very encouraging and for the roles they are in they are always striving for their team to do better, they encourage you to take training and will provide training...All the ones I have worked for or have been under have an open door policy, even the directors. Co-workers/Colleagues are very open and always willing to help if they see you struggling with something or if you have questions, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask...I've always felt very comfortable here whether its talking about something serious or just joking around, everyone knows what's required of them so it makes it a fun environment that you can grow with knowledge and experience. As stated before, I don't think there is a hard part of the job because of the environment of course there are times when systems go down and you have to work a little extra but being in a team that works together and accomplishes one goal makes most jobs easier, and with any corporation you'll have ups and downs with systems. I think everything I stated above describes how fun and enjoyable a job can be, but I also believe if you do not enjoy what you are doing how can you be happy? I enjoy most the type of work I do, the people I work with and the management everyone is easy to get along  more... with and we all have one goal in common and that's to make the overall customer experience whether they be internal or external a smooth and flawless experience.  less
Pros
on-site gym, great benefits, fun culture and environment
Cons
n/a
The best place EVER I have worked for!
Special Projects Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJune 26, 2013
I worked at Mohawk Industries Inc for 4 years, and very enjoyable ones too. I first started out as a maintenance man, repairing electrical problems in this HUGE warehouse as well as plumbing problems I fixed too. My duties involved filling up all propane tanks throughout the warehouse and storing filled tanks in an open air metal shelving facility, secured by a lock. I would pick orders of flooring and tile by using a forklift to get items too heavy to hand carry and stored on heavy racks in the warehouse. Then assist in using a stinger forklift to put heavy carpet rolls into warehouse, scanning barcodes with infra red scanners.

Later promoted to Special Projects Manager.
Provided sales personnel with various carpet and tile samples of open line products.I maintained a high degree of accuracy in receiving new products into the warehouse as well as interaction with sales staff in packaging and loading samples into a computerized order tracking system I set up. My coworkers were like part of my extended family, we shared amusing stories and pictures taken on our phones, had snacks together and when needed, worked OT together.

The hardest part was not trying to disappoint those who were counting on me to deliver whatever I had promised them that day, whether it was an order, spare parts or just assisting our sales staff.

The most enjoyable part was delivering my promised orders to whomever I had promised to, as I never disappointed any of our sales staff, employees or warehouse manager with my failure to deliver.
Pros
enjoyable job responsibilities, coworkers, lots of fun!
Cons
forklift traffic, always stress on delivery of orders, slow down in orders prompted company to lay off 8 employees, myself included.
High Stress, no appreciation, no structure, ethically wrong company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAAugust 5, 2014
The Logistics department at Mohawk is unorganized and has no structure. Members of Sr. Management and above have no appreciation of it's employees. The turnover rate in the last 2 years has been astounding. Employee ideas are disregarded with no attempt. So many people have been "let go" and their job duties have been assigned to remaining employees with no direction or compensation. An employee can do numerous things right or correct in a day, but one thing not done or a mistake being made, they are basically exploited for it amonst other employees and told they are not right for the job and told their opportunity for advancement is nonexistant. Human Resources is sneaky and can not be trusted when an employee goes to them in confidence when resolution is wanted. Sr. Management and above asks it's employees to do things that are known to be wrong to the employee but they do it anyway, and when the issue is brought to the employees manager, the manager doesn't side with the employee or back his/her decision and disciplines the employee for doing what they were told to do. Ethical and moral values is not something that is practiced at Mohawk. Employees there are not treated fairly and not appreciated for what they do.Mohawk is a far cry from what it once was, it is really a shame and it is sad that a person can't ask the ones that have been there for a long period of time, because those types of "dedicated" employees have been "let go" and told that "this isn't for you" or "time has outgrown you". Loyalty no longer is employed at Mohawk
Pros
grey hairs (if wanted), anxiety, high blood pressure and stress
Cons
very poor upper management, no ethics or morality, no advancement
Productive yet no longer wanted
Sales & marketing (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 2, 2015
The BEST part of my position with Mohawk was before they bought another company with their established sales people and began territory realignments . AND went into a "team selling" approach . This was based on trust of each other & it became extremely "cut throat" to one another . The new leaders slowly began changing individual accounts to their stars & when my sales showed declines I was terminated . They began a systematical approach to rid themselves of prior established "Mohawk" sales reps including the top 3 regions (myself included) that annually produced over $11 million in sales ...just in one product line . It ended up with me competing against my own teammates which made no sense .
Lost huge volume in the Mid Atlantic region . This had to be a difficult scene for any person to work within . Best part of my job was seeing things work & all pleased with product , installation , and follow through . Mohawk is a successful company however it came with the loss of many great people . Only concern was who had the next specification . I did that volume of business within the floor covering dealers by closely working with them and simply listening . This provide me with many wins by simply putting my arms around the dealer , his customers , and Mohawk . No longer appreciated . I am a team player but within product lines . If things were kept as they were all would be happier & I would not be looking for another job . I truly loved the position .
Pros
establishing a new territory & building strong relationships .
Cons
introducing product before thoroughly tested, new leadership wants little communication within company and sales, unbelievable number of reports .
Fast paced creative environment
Design Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Dalton Ga 30721May 26, 2012
A typical day in Mohawk's Design department starts with an assessment of existing custom design jobs to determine the jobs priority that day. Jobs awaiting client review of submitted design work are tabled. Jobs requiring redesign are given priority as the redesign phase is quick and provides the sales person with a valuable sales tool. During the course of the day new jobs are assessed both esthetically and for production functionality.

At Mohawk I have learned a variety of leadership and organizational skills which have been able to use to help bring the clients vision to life.

Management has been exceptional, helping to provide the skills and equipment needed to continually improve the design process. All the while allowing designers to explore solutions to various design challenges.

Likewise Co-workers have been exceptional. Even with the wide variety of personalities and responsibilities the work environment has a strong team atmosphere.

The hardest part of the job is the fluctuation of workflow as from week to week the number of design request shift dramatically,

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I am able to provide the client with design work that exceeds expectations in quality and cost. This is normally done by providing the client with various designs for a number of different machines, each of which has its own unique advantages and limitations.
Pros
excellent job security
Cons
vacation time
Hard worker, very fast paced jobs were no problem for me.
Key Account Manager - Home Depot (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GADecember 1, 2014
I worked with the Home Depot stores everyday on any problems they were having on backorder, pricing, claims or compensation. I was their key contact person.

I was responsible for all the monthly supplier reports and responsible for any other sales reports needed.

Maintained all database product information in Excel and was responsible for presentions within PowerPoint

After products were finalized with Home Depot it was my responsibility to work with Home Depot corporate to get all the sku information so I could start setting up in the Mohawk and Home Depot IDM system. I would provide Home Depot corporate an excel spreadsheet with all the spec information, warranties, upc numbers and pricing. Once Home Depot corporate got sku numbers setup I would have everything finalized in our system and verify that digital photography was available. If it was not then I would have to work with the art department to have these shot. Once I had all information I would then setup everything in Home Depot IDM so the stores could start placing the orders. Then I was also responsible in making sure the printing and sample company was on track to make the launch date.

Worked with customer service and claims on a daily basis with order problems, rushes and returns or damages.
Pros
job stability and i stayed very busy which i like it.
Cons
i felt like my boss could have deligated more work to me
the truth
fabracation (Former Employee) –  dalton ga / chatsworth /gaNovember 16, 2014
I was employed for Mohawk for 17 years the pay was and mostly fair for all .do not get a injury or you no longer have a job trust me I got injured had a surgery on my back I didn't file workers comp claim because of discouragement from management and hr my wife and son work there as well after surgery I return to work im fired for something that every one does even management then my wife of 23 years divorces me and marries a coworker at Mohawk a few months later she gets a 4 dollor an hour raise which is unheard of at Mohawk working for this company coast me my health my home my family my life all I had worked for is gone i have no job no family no money and a broke back all because of there greed work there if you want but you mean nothing to them I thought I did after that long of a time but once injured all they care about is this that you say I didn't get hurt here I ve applied for disability and have been denied twice im appalling the decision good luck to my ex her new man and Mohawk keep your funds if it means that much to you the lord will make away this that I speak to all is absolutely the truth ps if indeed removes this they care not foe you either that's indeed for letting me post regards in need of attorney
Pros
fairness
Cons
safty
A great company to work for, we were all team players
Sr. Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 17, 2013
A typical day for me once I came in was to check my emails from the previous night. I had a bunch of accounts on the west coast and some companies did business after work. After handling all customer inquiries/complaints, I then went on to check my pending orders which meant checking to see if any of my orders have shipped and arrived safely to their destination. I worked in the MVP department which allowed us to have direct one on one contact with high profile accounts. We were a team and co-workers were eager to help if any of us became overwhelmed or extremely busy.

The hardest part about my job was making sure our merchandise was delivered and installed in time. These were big renovations and if our carpet was late, it could mess up the whole process.

The best part of my job was getting feedback that my customer was happy and we gave them outstanding service. To go above and beyond is part of my job description.
Pros
we had customer service appreciation week every year.
Cons
very strict tardy and absentee policies
No Growth in Call Center
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE II (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, GANovember 1, 2014
Management in the call center is comprised of non college graduates. They have worked their way up from mill jobs and are not equipped to manage groups. They lack the expertise of vision and ability to put together cohesive policy and promote individual growth.
Further, it would be nice to read an email which is grammatically correct. Anyone with a BS degree is made aware not to ask questions or give input regarding policy. Policy constantly changes and creates confusion in the department. Favoritism is wide spread.
Do to interest in cutting cost in the department, many agents with seniority and benefits are being terminated. Mohawk is making up for decreased agent coverage by hiring part-time for morning and evening with no benefits. Do the math! They are also feverently pushing the agents to advise customers who call in to use MohawkNet. This is another cost effective strategy.
If you are looking for security, this may not be the area of the company to enter.
Sales and Management
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  NortheastApril 15, 2013
I do not know how this company runs from a manufacturing point of view but from a sales and marketing perspective particularly in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic, there are no values and almost zero customer loyalty. MOHAWK will sell their product to anyone that has a bank account and a check book. All the products cross over into other lines. Even the higher end products (Karastan, Wunda Weve, Custome Weave) that they try to tell retailers are top quality and top of the line, crossover into some BS Home Depot product with a different name at a much lower price. Then they tell you to go out and lie to you customers and tell them that it is a different product. If you are a person that has a soul and simply cannot sell you soul to THE COMPANY for a pay-check, this is NOT the company for you. Beware!!! From a sales and marketing perspective, this Company is nothing but lies lies lies.
Cons
healthcare is horrible. i was able to purchase in the open market for less than i paid per month.
Manage Business and Marketing for My Clients
Karastan Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 10, 2013
Increase sales and margin within defined territory Dallas/ Fort Worth, as well as develop new profitable business opportunities. Refocus current Karastan customers within advertising and marketing expectations. Launch five promotions a year with all Karastan accounts, including full advertising campaign from concept to execution. In addition, continually create new promotional ideas to reach key demographic.

• Demographic expansion. In first six months of position, gained eight new Karastan partners to capture business in new demographics of Dallas/ Fort Worth.

• Sales Increase. 36.5% sales volume increase prior to territory expansion in a $3 million territory

• Territory Expansion. May 2013 promoted to Karastan exclusive Territory Manager after 1 year for Dallas/ Fort Worth and Oklahoma. Responsible for top four performing accounts in South Central Region, $4 million territory.
Great Job if the management was better.
Quality Control Technician III (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, VAFebruary 2, 2014
A typical day at work for me is trying to make sure that the best carpet goes out the door everyday. The management does not listen to reasoning when someone explains to them that the carpet is not good to get shipped but they let it go anyways. It's about production and not quality and I am about quality. My co-workers are hard to work with because they do not listen when I explain to them to throw out certain things and they get confused because they don't know how to pack the carpet correctly. The hardest part of my job is explaining what needs to be done to have great quality but it gets looked over because they care about production. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that once a month I get 5 days off. I have learned how to make sure that I do my job correctly even though no one else wants too.
Pros
5 days off once a month
Cons
short breaks, and no one cares about their job
Very stressful and strick guidelines.
Customer Service / Customer Support Training (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAApril 15, 2013
Training new hire employees for Customer Services in a 6 week training program with included: Learning the AS400 computer system, product knowledge of 7 different flooring products with accessories, and soft skill communication classes. Also updated material, as needed, to help support the Customer Service Team. Presented enhancement and refresher classes as needed for on-going training. Maintained a good relationship with the Customer Service Supervisors to help give one-on-one training as needed for the Customer Service agents. Keeping a postive, upbeat, and energetic attitude in an enviroment that is so stressful caused by management was very challenging. But by helping/coaching someone to overcome their issue or their challenge was very rewarding.
Pros
very stable company
Cons
very strick guidelines
Technically challenging yet rewarding
Reliability Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAJuly 14, 2013
Mohawk Ind is an exceptional place to work. I have worked in the Reliability Department for almost two years without any problem. The management of the department was always on cue about any discrepancies or tools that we may have needed in order to complete the job at hand. I enjoyed the travel to and from the different plants that were based across the southeast region of the United States. The technical part of the job included taking trending data on motors and gearboxes as well as some crucial bearings along the lines. The challenging part was identifying which units were going to fail. Most of the equipment in use at Mohawk already exceeded the vibration limitations that are standard today. I was also trained in other areas of Reliability; Airborne Ultrasound, Rotary Air Compressor Training, and Infrared Thermography.
Good company with great benefits
Senior Colorist, Design Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GANovember 13, 2012
I worked in Design Studio with some incredible individuals. The atmosphere was one of creativity and encouragement. Our studio was managed by a enigmatic man who challenged us daily to expand our creative thoughts and encouraged us to seek help from one another. I truly enjoyed working with this team and the camaraderie we shared was a special experience. As far as what I found to be the most difficult, I would have to say, was in product development of new carpet collections. Launching new product always had a deadline and by the time it came to my part of this launching process, my time-frame was sometimes squeezed into a small window of time. but I always did what it took to get it done.
Pros
healthcare, educational incentives
Cons
tight budgets, position eliminations
I am a hard woker and need a Job
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, ALJanuary 21, 2013
Worked for this company for almost 30 years. Had new boss come In and put up some new poles around In the plant. So I hit one of the poles twice.And they sent me home went back 3months later to a new job and was told to go home cause I couldn't do the Job. The Job was In the spinning department. They was suppose to give me 8 weeks In training but only got three weeks. So they told me to come back the next day and I went back to take a sweeping Job . This Job was going to be a three dollar an hour cut In pay .But I was going to take It anyway. Then they told me things had changed and they said to just let me go. Everyone one else that Is doing the Job now Is hitting the poles. One Lady hit It and a person but she Is still there?. I put In a lot of years at that plant and never stayed out worked every time was ask to do over time.
Poor worst management
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  fontana, caJune 16, 2015
This company has the worst poor management ever. I worked in alot of warehouses with over 10 years of experience and this Mohawk warehouse in Fontana is the WORST company I ever worked in. I left my job of one year to come work for Mohawk because of the $2/hr more but I was let go in less than two months. The night shift is a nightmare to be in! Management there is horrible and irrelevant. They want you to learn 10 years of experience in 1 month. The veteran employees there are two face liars, backstabbing and will rat on you on everything you do. Management will treat you horrible and is always on their side. After they fired me management even lied to EDD by saying I quit the company so I wouldn't receive my unemployment. The pay is not worth it for the work and the ugly drama you will experience.
Good work envirmont not much room for advancment.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Summerville, GAOctober 8, 2012
I cleaned and changed filters on chip blowing system, changed blades in bottle chippers, troubleshoot ,fix, service, and maintain plant machinery. Do up keep on building an facilities,make and print work orders, fill lp tanks, and clean grinder rooms. I learned that doing your job correctly is important even if others you work with dont. I enjoyed working with most of my fellow maintenance employees and i had a good supervisor that cared about his guys. The hardest part of my job was having to do my job and most of my lead mans because he didnt know what he was doing. The most enjoyable part was getting four days off one week and two the next.
Pros
days off, and a good supervisor
Cons
working with a crew leader that doesnt have a clue
Overall was a good paying job and okay benefits, but very competitive.
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, GaNovember 11, 2014
My day was spent in a cubicle. If you can handle that this job is for you. The hours where a little tough for me, because I have a small child and no daycare stays open till 9. The pay is great for sitting on your bum and taking phone calls all day. The customers , overall, are mostly friendly. You get a few complainers, but that is customer service for you. Mohawk is always changing. If you like change and can roll with the punches GOOD, but I do NOT recommend this job for someone who is stuck in their ways and does not like change. They change the rules daily. Definitely, too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Best advice, do your job, make your paycheck, take your weekends off , and be done with it.
Top safety work place
Utility (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GADecember 5, 2012
A typical day at work.Safety meeting, stretching before we started working, and then we get to work.
What I learned working for Mohawk was the morals of safety and why following safety procedures are so important.
My co-workers were very helpful, and able to show me the ropes in a very fast paced facility.
The hardest part of the job for me, was not that bad besides the bending down and scooping, but hey if its not hurtin you're not working is what i was taught coming up, so I was able to look pass the soreness, and aches. I loved my job
The most enjoyable part of the job was being in a fast paced work area, and co-workers who were very helpful, And that's what made my job more enjoyable.
Pros
snack machines, free beverages, great people, and great hours weekly