Mohawk Industries Employee Reviews

needs lots of work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAFebruary 14, 2017
I was a supervisor there for several months. I would not get clear directions on what was expected, one manager would want me as a hands on supervisor the other manager would want me as a supervisor leading the team letting them do the work. They are trying to improve by bringing in a people to train supervisors and management how to talk to people but a lot of backstabbers and people who really are there for a paycheck along with poor moral really makes it hard to make a difference. I left the first chance I got.
Pros
met a few great people there
Cons
short notice on overtime, poor moral for leaders and employees
A fairly good place to work
Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJanuary 30, 2017
The people I worked with were good people! I like all of them. they worked hard! I learned that being a supervisor at Mohawk was a hard job. mostly made hard by upper management! wanted me to run with less people and still get production! Not having the people I needed made it hard! The best thing about the job was the people! Real good hard working people!
Pros
The pay was Good! And they care about safety!
Cons
Didn't want to give you the people you needed to get the job done.
Mohawk
Supervisor Production III Extrusion (Current Employee) –  Bennettsville, SCFebruary 9, 2017
A typical day at Mohawk. I get to work around 5:30pm. I see if I have any employees call out. Make sure I have enough supplies for my employees. Around 6:10pm, I do a plant walk-through. I check from the 4th floor to the 1st floor looking for anything that needs to be cleaned up or anything unsafe. At 6:45pm I hold a pre-shift meeting for my employees. Work starts at 7:00pm. I make sure I have somebody on every line, then I go to the office and start doing attendance and time. Through out the night I make sure all my employees are doing what their job requires them to do.
Pros
close to home
Cons
12 hours
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Bennettsville, SCJanuary 4, 2017
It's a ok place to work. The 12 hours seem long but I got use to them. The only thing is we can't go outside but some times u need that fresh air to wake up. I think they should have a smoking area for people that smoke. The breaks could be a lil longer. If they can they should try better was to keep the place a little cooler cause it does get very hot. I feel like they should also raise the pay a little cause it's a lot of work for the money they pay u.
Pros
Most holidays off
Cons
Short breaks, can't go outside, very hot
Mohawk Review
Ops Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 22, 2016
The work was fine. The benefits kept decreasing. The management was changing and hard to work with at points. The constant changing of corporate safety was a nightmare, always a new person, and everything had to be filed a different way, A total waste of resources. I had many employees and some were great and others came and went, but we enjoyed the challenge. The underhandedness of mid management was very hard to deal with. There was NO trust in their dealings with managers.
Pros
Good facilities and equipment
Cons
ever changing business points and goals
Good experience
Senior Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Typical Day - working shoulder to should with field personnel to achieve target KPIs

Experience - great interaction with C-level management; exposure to multiple different areas and departments

Culture - large multi-billion dollar company that has a smaller company feel

Obstacles - systems, IT, Location (South Dallas)

Most enjoyable - project oriented tasks
Pros
Proximity to Home
Cons
Location - south Dallas
The work place is demanding and hard work
Machine Operator Relief (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, VA 24555January 25, 2017
Good pay, but hard labor, not for everyone. I learned a new appreciation for those of us who work in factories. The environment is loud, and fast paced. Management pushes production, and quality which sometimes does not happen to go hand in hand. Hardest part of the job was working on weekends mandatory, and leaving my family.
Pros
Good pay, and overtime
Cons
Short breaks, mandatory overtime
Good company to work for . very stricted company policy's . still a good company over all . i would reccommed the job for on or job seekers .
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Bennettsville, SCJanuary 2, 2017
Nice place to work , friendly coworkers but pay rate could be more. I would recommend the job for anyone seeking work . some of their rules are too stricted but not so much that you can't deal with .
Pros
Stresses safety, safety dinners & rewards
Cons
Not allowed to go outside on breaks for fresh air
Decent pay and benefits package, Work enviroment and job duties are very easy to maintain
Weaver (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAFebruary 14, 2017
I worked over 5 years with Mohawk industries and made over 45,000 year I worked around good people every day was a pleasant experience. The management area.liked alto to be desired for advancement was impossible
Pros
Wages people responsibilitues make job desirable
Cons
Management advancemnt opertunities are not to be desired
Ok place to work
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, ALDecember 13, 2016
Could definitely improve in a lot of areas. So i would rate it a 5 if I had to. A lot of favoritism is shown and the management is a little slack. The company would be better if they would let some of the employees that love their work place voice their opinions on how to make things run more smoothly. Or what changes could be made to better the workplace.
Cons
Short breaks, poor management
steady work no layoffs
Foreman leadman (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GANovember 5, 2016
Most days at mohawk were grate management communacated well with me. I really enjoyed the friendly co-workers i had who were willing to assest when called on the only problem was we offten seemed under staffed making things a little stressful but over all a good expereance.
Pros
health fairs once a year and once a month free dinner with no lost time injurys reported
Cons
favrotisom thou it was in my favor
Great Place to Work
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 12, 2016
People. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how much money you make, your hours, etc. What matters is the people you have on your team or in your group, that make coming to work fun. Mohawk is just like that - a family type environment.

The people make the place!!!
Pros
Onsite mini mart
Cons
Health insurance but that's everywhere.........
fast work, hard labor an very long shifts
Grader/ general labor (Former Employee) –  Holden, WVJanuary 4, 2017
Very fast pase work safety first quality second production third!

Very great boss as long as you work of course.

Being able to teach people new things an how to run equipment.
Pros
fast an hard work makes the day go by faster!
Cons
job security sucks an managment needs work!
I enjoyed working with Mohawk
PRODUCTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lyerly, GASeptember 22, 2016
Scheduling Production, Daily Production follow with the team. Reviewing Quality results, developing action plans for improvement areas,

Learned Lean Manufacturing skills and Raw material management

Co-workers were always willing to accept change and strive to make change work for the company
Pros
Great opportunity for growth
Cons
Did not really have any true cons.
100% Safety Driven Environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GASeptember 7, 2016
Safety, Safety, Safety! It gets a little old. Good job though, excellent pay for this area. Management is always having safety contest, free meals and giving away good prizes. Hours are always available and they always make sure you get at least one day off. The work can be a little hard at times. Mostly just constant and continuous. No lunch, but you get 3-20 min paid breaks. Open Door policy. I worked at night and we got the same treatment as day shift. We didn't get shorted on envolvment or prizes. All in all they some good people to work with and managers will help you work. They get dirty to!
Pros
Good people and good pay.
Cons
South GA heat.
Great place to learn and will miss the family I gained there.
CNC Operator/Machinist (Current Employee) –  Mohawk, TNJanuary 29, 2017
Great building learning experience for me by working there. Will miss the team and family I have grown to love through long hours of work and late nights I put in there.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Going out of business
Roll up the sleeves and get ready to work
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 30, 2016
Life at Mohawk is not about working hard, but working smart. Executive level decisions are made at a very aggressive pace, a necessity in order to stay competitive in the Flooring industry.

You can learn a lot from working at Mohawk. The opportunity to grow within the company is real. Benefits are less than average, but Mohawk can provide a quality lifestyle for all that work there.
Pros
Plant management cares about their employees
Cons
Manufacturing environment in Dalton is HOT!
Great salary for position
Coater Operator/ lift truck (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAOctober 30, 2016
I've worked at Mohawk going on 6 years and need a better position so that I can have more time with my family. I currently work third shift usually seven days a week, 8 to 12 hours shifts at a time. I enjoy working at Mohawk. I am looking to advance within Mohawk and obtain a better shift.
Productive and interesting
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXJanuary 23, 2017
I enjoyed meeting new people and working with management. I enjoyed the hours and location. I was an forklift operator and conveyed to management what needed to be done before work,
Pros
Excellent benefits package
Cons
Healtcare premiums are high
Horrible Management team...Do not care about employees whatsoever
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lyerly, GAOctober 18, 2016
Always cutting jobs and asking for more production. When failing to meet production goals, shuts down department and lays everyone off with no real effort to place anyone.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
No HR AT ALL!!! Department manager who's never even in the department

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mohawk Industries. Our community is ready to answer.