Mohawk Industries Employee Reviews

Ok
Winder Operator (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GADecember 8, 2017
It's a good place to work some days.But other than that it's a job.We do a lot of work.for little pay I think we should get more money. You have good days and bad days it cause what the yard us like.
Loved the job I did and the pay was great.
CREELER (Former Employee) –  East Dublin, GADecember 8, 2017
Fast paced environment. Had to keep machines going. Was kind of hectic. Took some getting used to but once you know what you were doing it was great. People there were very considerate and helpful. Management was fair with their employees. Treated everyone equal.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Swing shift
Well...its a job
Operator (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GADecember 6, 2017
Its a job, with ok pay but they overwork you for the money many times doing the job of 3 to 4 people people because the keep laying off people and making other employees stretch themselves even thinner. This causes a drop in quality, which they fire the overworked employee for.
Pros
its a job
Cons
your just a number, they do not care at all about the employees.
Fast pace production
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Holden, WVDecember 4, 2017
It was a good job. The Holden plant was closed in April of 2017. There were many challenges. Everyone worked together. We always had most week ends off.
shutting doors
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 30, 2017
Company narrowed down going . But this company, had a family atmosphere. Great safety, everybody looked after each other. Was very hurt when let go. I felt like I Lopping my arm when I left.That business, the plant I worked at the plant in Eton, Georgia. Still miss it.
It was an ok place
Inspector, roll-up operator (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GANovember 28, 2017
Mohawk was an ok place to work if you felt like working your tail off for little pay and no further job advancement, they tell you that your pay checks are not based off of production, but with the machines always going down or having to get needles replaced, it's hard to want to stay at a place where you hardly get paid for what you worked
Pros
To be honest not that many
Cons
Have to work very hard, and it's production based for pay
Productive low stress environment with great culture
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GANovember 27, 2017
Mohawk is a very large company so it is hard to speak to it as a whole. I can speak to how I was treated there. I was trusted with projects day one for both positions I held at Mohawk. I was given all the freedom I needed to succeed. I was trained and guided so failure was not an option. My projects improved and my hard work was noticed.
Pros
Free training, great employees
Productive and good place to work
PRODUCTION MANAGER/SHIPPING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2017
Great job with good benefits good people for the most part. The management however doesn't seem to care much about anything but how to make themselves look better.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
No breaks
But like any place you work it has it up's and down
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CANovember 27, 2017
Mohawk give me the opportunity to do the things I love to do out side of work and take care of my family
Helps with my retirement for my future.
And it gives me the opportunity to work other jobs in the company.
Review
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GANovember 26, 2017
Mohawk has turned into a awful place to work the management is really bad people are so rude and disrespectful nothing is appreciated working for them anymore over the past 6 months it has been the worse company to work for
Operator (Former Employee) –  Bennettsville, SCNovember 23, 2017
I liked Mohawk due to that they were a building company and I liked the supervisors attitude. They showed that they cared and they also had a set schedule.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Short breaks
Large plant with various Departments
Mender (Former Employee) –  Eden NCNovember 21, 2017
This company was very clean and the pay was very decent. Working as a mender required one to use a large automatic to inspect and repair different styles of rugs.
Pros
Clean Place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, VANovember 19, 2017
Productive and fast paced place to work. Very demanding work load, just show up every day and do your job and you'll be fine. Bad benefits for health and dental.
Decent place to work
MECHANICAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, GANovember 18, 2017
Decent place to work. I would recommend to a friend. Overall the management was very kind and considerate. The work environment was great. The people that work their were also great!
Senior Claims Analyst
Senior Claims Analysis (Former Employee) –  Sugar Valley, GANovember 14, 2017
Job duties was to answer incoming calls from customers that had a dispute about the product they received and responsible to set up a new claim. As well worked all claims that was taken against the company and had research the claim. At that time we determined if the claim was denied or if a credit was issued.
Pros
Talking to customers and helping them resolve their issues
Cons
Working with the claims and researching them.
Good People
LPN (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GANovember 12, 2017
A secure place to work. Mohawk is a leader in the carpet industry and is always changing and exploring new things to enhance the materials we walk on.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Communication
Awesome group of coworkers and excellent opportunities
Machine Operator – Cutting and Milling (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, NCNovember 12, 2017
The Thomasville, NC plant is full of opportunities. We continue to grow with top of the line equipment and procedures. Safety is never sacrificed for speed. The production employees are all easy going and awesome to work with. Management is very understandable and goes above and beyond fighting for the best benefits, compensation, and working conditions for all employees. You can start with minimal production knowledge and work your way up to being a huge asset to the company as fast as anywhere else.
Pros
Benefits, paid vacation, very competitive wages, great interaction
Cons
12 hour production shifts, strict attendance policy
good place to work
Scrape Cell Sequence Leader/Grinding Tech/Grader (Former Employee) –  Holden, WVNovember 10, 2017
fast pace work loved it worked 5 to 6 days a week 13 more hours a day worked with robots and f or the last 5 years went to motorman in Ohio for programming
Pros
great pay
Cons
closed down in logan w.v.
Being able to meet different people
Battery attendance (Maintenance Department) (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GANovember 8, 2017
A typical day at Mohawk would be seeing the begin of how carpet is make and seeing the finish product in the same day. how to get alone with everyone and working together. I enjoy work with the management . the hardest part would be getting the product out so everyone will be happy.
Pros
I enjoy work at mohawk the plant just relocated
Cons
working in the hot building
Good
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Tifton, GANovember 7, 2017
Good job nice place to work at alright hours fast paced job half of the year it’s busy than the other half it’s very slow it’s a 12 hour job it’s open 24 hours a day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mohawk Industries. Our community is ready to answer.