Mohawk Industries Employee Reviews in United States

Good salary and advancement potential for managers and executives
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJanuary 30, 2016
High stress, long hour work environment. Good compensation at the manager and executive levels. Becoming more political as the company increases in size and complexity. Low value of work/life balance. No consistent career growth and advancement strategy.
I over all rate it not the best place for employment
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAApril 1, 2016
They put way too much on their current employees and make them work 10 hours a day 7 days a week and not really any time off. That is hard to do especially with small children. I am in constant fear of losing my job if I have to leave early or take a Saturday or Sunday off. I've been there for a year and a girl who has barely been there 90 days got an advancement because her family is in upper management.
enjoyable place to work,good management to listen to concerns an to know what direction the company is going in. I learned new thing from them
Machine Technician (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GANovember 23, 2015
enjoyable place to work,management would listen to concerns about problems when they arise about what needs to be done.I enjoy working with my team mates an learning things from them.A typical day having to pull chokes out of machines or repairing something that has broke on machines.The co-worker or enjoyable to work with.The only thing is i would like to have something a little closer to home
Pros
They have good benefits an retirement plans
Cons
I would like to be a little closer to home
A great place to work, if you can handle long hours.
Load Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Shannon, GAOctober 3, 2015
I started out as a temp agency employee, as a pole lift driver. This is not a difficult job to learn and I honestly wouldn't mind doing it again. The pay is VERY competitive with other carpet companies. Within 2 years, I moved up to the position of Shipping Clerk and from there, to Load Expediter within 4 years, which is the 2nd highest paid hourly position. Back then, the position paid $11.98/hr but now, starting pay for a pole lift driver is over $16.00/hr.
Pros
Great benefits and pay scale.
Cons
Long hours and short breaks.
Good employment opportunity but not a lot of promotion opportunities.
Certified Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAMarch 1, 2016
I was a forklift operator for many years. The job met my needs. I left to move closer to my family and new opportunity. It paid the bills. There was not much opportunity for advancement to pay raises.
This was once a great place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bennettsville, SCApril 3, 2016
I was an employee for 20 years. Current management on every level has no respect or consideration for experienced employees.
Benefits
Cons
Current work is exhausting.
it was a job
Support Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAMarch 10, 2016
No opportunities for promotion here, my immediate supervisors were good but upper management in manufacturing is very narrow minded.
Interesting company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GASeptember 27, 2015
Company is kind of up and down as far as culture and pay. Benefits are fairly good but management is a huge concern. Logistics are not a good operation making it very challenging to take direction.
Pros
a job, home veyr night, dont work weekends
Cons
logistics nightmare, pay calculations change alot
I enjoyed my job, I was very helpful to many co-workers and customers.
Account Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAMarch 14, 2016
I was in a position to be able to work with internal and external customers. I was very good at my job. I could trouble shoot for sales executives and was able to alleviate their problems and smooth the situation in at least 90% of the cases I dealt with.
Enjoyed my job and my supervisors
Creel outs (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, GAFebruary 26, 2016
Very active
Patience
My supervisors were great management not good they closed our plant down
We helped each other and had a good time
They called me in a lot for other jobs
Going home
Pros
They served us dinners from a restaurant every month
Cons
stressfull
it an ok job
Mold Operator (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXMarch 22, 2016
good for someone coming out of school learned how to run different machines fast pace ok pay long hours ( 8 hours to 12 hours not including overtime )
Exciting working with sales, shipping and manufacturing
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 18, 2016
On a daily basis answering the phone, taking orders and processing , following up with manufacturing and shipping to make sure of completing. Management was great to work with.
Exciting first day at work.
Twister Operator (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, GAFebruary 5, 2016
Mohawk helps people get ahead during in a tough economy. They offer decent pay along with great benifits. they offer other opportunities to excel in at your job. If you are looking for a great place to work think Mohawk.
Lto Driver
LTO Driver (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAMarch 24, 2016
Good place to work, Managers and co- workers were good to work with. Liked my job, good and bad at sometimes. Really fast paced at times.
Benefits
Cons
Not much room to move up
Mohawk Industries
Shipping and Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJune 15, 2016
An average day was checking to see what needed to be done and making sure all your employees were present. Checking for safety alerts and maintenance issues, any meetings and what your work load looking like for that day
I learned how to get alone with people from different cultures and that we are all human and basically want the same things in life.
Management was great - one of the best managers I ever had, clam , laid back, easy going. Soft spoken never got upset or angry. Very honest and someone you could count on. Always had your back.
Co-workers were great sometimes there was a communication issue but we worked around it.
I worked 12 hour shifts at night so the hardest part was staying awake sometimes at night especially on Saturday night when our computer system would go down for half the shift and there was nothing to do.
The best part of the job was the people. Really great people to work with. Very good team spirit. The company was great also, they provided very good benefits, holidays off. two weeks every year at Christmas time and one week for the 4th of July. Very safety oriented and career minded. They wanted everyone to work safe and advance.
Pros
Hours - 12 hour weekend shifts
Cons
Can't really think of any
Poor worst management
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  fontana, caJune 16, 2015
This company has the worst poor management ever. I worked in alot of warehouses with over 10 years of experience and this Mohawk warehouse in Fontana is the WORST company I ever worked in. I left my job of one year to come work for Mohawk because of the $2/hr more but I was let go in less than two months. The night shift is a nightmare to be in! Management there is horrible and irrelevant. They want you to learn 10 years of experience in 1 month. The veteran employees there are two face liars, backstabbing and will rat on you on everything you do. Management will treat you horrible and is always on their side. After they fired me management even lied to EDD by saying I quit the company so I wouldn't receive my unemployment. The pay is not worth it for the work and the ugly drama you will experience.
logistics is a joke
Delivery Driver-Class A-Tractor-Trailer (Current Employee) –  Walpole, MAApril 21, 2016
Sadly, after many years of working here, the logistics department continues to falter. Continued management changes and the perceived lack of understanding of what the drivers must deal with on a daily basis have made this company a nightmare to work for. There is little to no communication between management and the workers at all levels. The benefits are slowly going by the wayside as well.
Was a great place to work
Karaloc Weaver (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCJune 1, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Mohawk. Management for the most part went above and beyond to maintain an equal opportunity workplace. The work load was fair and the training process was excellent. I had plans on working 40+ years there, however the economy had other plans ans I was laid off. If not for that I would still be there.
Pros
Cons
Flooring depends on the economy
not very good at keeping equipment running
Machine operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXJanuary 20, 2016
worrked odd hrs management was never happy with any thing u do set imposible goal and aways short handed and they still expect u to keep up prduction
great place
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 20, 2016
love it so far just dont like 3rd shift management is great they actually treat you like someone. everyone works as a team and not just fend for your self