Mohawk Valley Community College Employee Reviews

Student job
Student Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJanuary 20, 2018
I worked in a Laboratory for four to five hours a week. It was a great opportunity for a student such as me to assist student in Lab and include it in my resume.
Find your passion
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYJanuary 12, 2018
If you want a job with perks this is it. Not necessarily monetary perks but committes, events, extra curricular activities. It may be hard to fit in at first as it isn't a trusting environment. If you can stick it out it will be worth it all the way around. :)
Pros
Institutes on interesting topics
Cons
No timely feed back, never sure of where you stand
fun
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYDecember 8, 2017
i stayed there for 3 years and i do not regret it . the team was great it was fun and never a dull moment. i always looked forward to the next day. but it does get a little hectic
Fulfilling work with very few perks
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYOctober 26, 2017
This institution is no different from any other community college in that it supports very few full time teachers and relies on adjunct instructors who receive minimal pay, resources and benefits.

The physical working conditions are very good, the new building in Rome has extremely nice classrooms and good office space. Access to gym facilities and other resources at Utica campus is very good.

I just love the students at MVCC - a high quantity of adult and returning students, 9 out of 10 are doing everything they can to climb up a rung - well worth the experience of helping them on their way.
excited
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Utica, NY 13501September 25, 2017
I like to work there, me and my co-work did the paint and moved materials lab. The hardest thing was moved the lab machine because they were heavy and hard to carried even we used forklift. however the job was done in on month.
Pros
bring won lunch
Cons
short break
Closed Minded Work Place
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYSeptember 21, 2017
Leadership does not value it's employees. They promote you picking up more work for them any where you'd like, but only because they don't want to do it themselves, expect no guidance. They do not promote the use of advanced technology or offer skill training. You will have the opportunity to work with gossipers, back stabbers and unaccountable management. Everything is a blame game and you'll be lucky to find a handful of healthy happy coworkers to talk to. Benefits are superb, and there are a plethora of extra curricular activities. My advice is to get a job there when you have already lost your soul to the devil. Unless you are the devil, you'll fit right in.
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
Hungergame layoffs when the budget is tight
Building Maintenance Helper (Current Employee) –  Rome, NYAugust 1, 2017
I learned that as a team a whole lot can get done and that no one person is bigger then the goal of the team. We are all on the same level when it come s to getting the job done and being professional while doing it. The job I have is great. I have great people who help me in all aspects of the job.
Pros
Great People
Cons
The Pay
easy money for college students, flexible hours
Caller (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYAugust 1, 2017
I loved working for the alumni center while at mvcc, I made some new friendships with the other students that worked with me and my supervisors were always nice, friendly and, helpful. would highly recommend this for a job in college.
Pros
connecting with alumni, free food, comfortable workplace
Cons
rude alumni, calling late at night
student
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJuly 20, 2017
great school, great staff, friendly learning environment for all, great diversity and community involvement, beautiful renewed facilities
different programs for all
Fun educational environment
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJuly 17, 2017
I worked as a TA in the machining class. It was usually easy going, and productive with all the hands-on lab work in the machine shop. The instructors are very solid and decent people. The machine shop is very well equipped. The students are almost always eager to learn in this field. Unfortunately there are some drawbacks... There is a lot of interpersonal politics between staff. And occasionally there are certain staff that just want to break the part time restrictions as far as hours worked, and some other selfish things. Unfortunately it becomes a bit like dog-eat-dog between certain staff. There are even instances where someone was willing to say any BS they needed to in order to gain job security and special treatment. But don't get me wrong, working there is completely worth it, no matter how bad I've made it sound. As long as you are an honest person with a passion for the field, you'll basically untouchable to these mischievous people. I would definitely work there again if I had the opportunity.
Pros
Good working environment if you love the field.
Cons
One or two difficult people that selfishly try to mess with things just so they can get more hours, and they try to cause trouble with anyone that they see as a threat.
a typical college part time job
Alumni Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJune 1, 2017
The job was a simple easy going job for college students.nothing too stressful talking to many different people over the phone helped me to keep my composure. we were constantly supervised throughout our shift to ensure our calls were professional and of good quality.
Pros
good environment. friendly co workers, flexible schedule
Cons
small workspace, limited hours
I wish I could go back
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYMay 18, 2017
I was guided and empowered. I got to try new things and there was always someone there to answer questions and There was literally nothing I disliked about working there.
Very productive and persistent
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYMay 14, 2017
A typical work day consisted of answering phone calls and helping my boss with anything she needed. I learned how to deal with situations that were out of my comfort zone and how to work together was a team. The management was amazing. The hardest part about the job was not having an answer for someone on the phone. The most enjoyable part was being a part of a team and being a team player.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Amount of hours per week we are allowed to work (21)
n/a
Building Maintenance Helper (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYApril 24, 2017
n/a • Performs routine manual work in repair, maintenance, or cleaning activities.
• Assists in the cleaning and minor maintenance of buildings.
• Assists with repairs to plumbing, steam lines, electric wiring, equipment, furniture, doors, windows, hardware, ad varied mechanical equipment and machinery, Mops and waxes floors and washes windows and walls.
• Participates in snow removal activities and sanding of icy roads.
• Occasionally operate a truck or other vehicle.

dwadswadxcsazxdszx
Productive and fun workplace.
Work Study Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYApril 18, 2017
Working at Mohawk Valley Community College was a success. There was always positive energy. Everyone enjoyed being around one another. Everyone always made sure there part of the job was accomplished. The hardest part of the job was escorting multiple people from the community out of the building because they enjoyed being in the facility whether it was the gym, weight room, pool, computer lab and etc. Everything was a success. Also, the manage was always positive and encouraging.
Pros
Positive Energy
Cons
short breaks
Flexible work hours, works around class schedule.
Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYApril 18, 2017
It was a great place to work and i could do my homework as i was sitting at the desk. The only downside is that sometimes other students working there would take a while to leave.
Pros
Did homework, helped students
Cons
Sometimes dealing with students who are rude.
Good place to work!
ESL INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYApril 7, 2017
MVCC has a culture of inclusiveness and shared governance. The facilities are well equipped and the students in the ESL program are highly motivated. Overall, it's a good place to work.
Nice place to work
Program Coordinator HIT Program (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYDecember 28, 2016
Taught various healthcare related courses. Planned budget, curriculum design and created new program. Worked closely with administration and students to ensure success in the program.
Challenging supervisors
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYDecember 18, 2016
There is no advancement opportunities at this college. No appreciation for hard work and dedication. I would recommend any other educational institute rather than working here again.
Pros
Working with students
Cons
The Supervisors, Rome campus director, Rome campus Dean have no interest in student success or employee moral
Productive Work Place
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYDecember 14, 2016
A good job great people in a college environment the diversity and ethic causes that Mohawk Valley stands for equivocates to something much greater than a job but a career.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No much Hours