Mohegan Sun Employee Reviews in United States

Secure entry into the workforce
Event Security (Current Employee) –  Uncasville, CTMarch 9, 2016
Mohegan Sun is a good example for employment in the beginning of your workforce career. Management is all fun-loving and fair, always understanding when problems occur and eager to teach. Problems between coworkers are nonexistent, the workplace is casual and enjoyable with no conflict.
Workers can quickly and easily receive fair benefits, and from the beginning of their employment have access to a full cafeteria, grocery store, gas station, and pharmacy.
The only issue with working for Mohegan Sun is the low rate of promotion and the low pay rates.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good Benefits
Cons
Low pay, No promotions
Tough working environment
Table Games Associate (Current Employee) –  Uncasville, CTMarch 10, 2016
This is the job I've worked for the longest. I great company, with lots of potential, but with extremely bad administration. People move up the ladder due to the years they put into the company, and the people they make friends with, but not by their preparation level or their ability to perform the tasks. It feels more like an adult high school, and I don't feel secure, not have the chance to move up positions through my own abilities and skills.
Pros
Benefits for grand-fathered part-timers.
Cons
Can't advance positions. Feeling of insecurity to keep the job.
productive and Fun place to work
Cashier/Banker (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTMarch 30, 2016
I enjoyed my work as a cashier/banker at Mohegan. Its too bad the drive was one hour to and from work. I was at the gym every day as it was free to go there. The work and people I worked with was great and the benefits were wonderful. There was also great growth opportunities!!!! I miss working there!!!I
Cons
Be aware they are a sovereign nation
Meeting Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTJanuary 12, 2016
It used to be a great place to work... but with the current economic challenges, full and part time positions were turned into on-call positions, so they don't have to provide benefits. If you disagree or feel like you were not treated fairly, too bad. They are an independent nation, they don't have to follow labor laws, so you can't sue them or file a complaint.
Pros
Free meals, excellent variety
Cons
They have their own rules. Labor laws don't apply. Tribal preference.
Productive and fun workplace
LIGHTING TECHNICIAN/ELECTRICIAN (Current Employee) –  Uncasville, CTMarch 11, 2016
A great place to get your feet wet and learn a skill. Superiors are reasonable and willing to work with you. The benefits are really good.
Fun working environment with an ideal Service Culture
Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Uncasville, CTJuly 19, 2015
Mohegan Sun has a fun working environment that is very employee oriented. It is very transparent in its management. In the last couple of years, Mohegan Sun has created a new Service Culture centered on employee engagement. It has given each employee a sense of belonging and fulfillment, as they see themselves key participants to the overall success of the company and thus, employee appreciation and morale were positively affected.
Pros
Appreciation, sense of belonging. Transparency, loyalty, teamwork...
Cons
Lower income and lackof benefits
Fun job while meeting a lot of different people
Pari-Mutuel Teller (Current Employee) –  Carbondale, PASeptember 16, 2015
Fun work place with nice management. There are no steady shifts. Very little opportunity for career advancement and no chance for benefits. I love the people I work with and most of the customers made my time there worth it.
a typical day at wok
Aquai Dual Rate Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Uncasville, CTNovember 10, 2015
Your lunch is provided to you as part of your benefits. There are a lot of games available to the employees during their breaks free of charge such as Billiards, Ping Pong and Wii.
No Advancement
Casino Host (Current Employee) –  Uncasville, CTSeptember 3, 2015
No place for advancement in Casino Life. You may move around if you dont mind continuosly starting at the bottom. Hourly employees get stuck with most responsibility, while salary employees are never around.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks, management never around for guest issues
Beverage server
Cocktail Waitress (Current Employee) –  Uncasville, CTOctober 24, 2015
Great job, Met a lot of great customers and co workers. Love serving my customes. Became friends with a lot of the regulars on 3 rd shift. Have fun wih the, Love the benefits
Pros
great people
Cons
non team players
Work Summary
Corporate & Leisure Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Uncasville, CTJuly 9, 2015
Assisting clients with superior customer service, booking hotel sale leads, assisting colleagues by answering questions, attending meetings with clients and colleagues. Creating hotel offers and closing contracts with third party online booking websites example groupon, living social, travel zoo, and booking.com. Co-workers are a pleasure to work with and the hardest thing part of my job is not being challenged enough.
Pros
Free lunches, benefits, management.
Cons
Potential growth.
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Plains, PaJuly 20, 2015
Well this is just a few things wrong about the job...

*When i first started the job it was fun and schedule fit the times i were avail to work...

*I really enjoyed working there the first 2 1/2 months until everything started slowly changing ...

*The supervisor started changing schedules without informing us then we got pointed for not showing..

*As times passed i realized some of the supervisors started nit picking at certain people (me being one)...

*A few supervisors told us workers how other supervisors were taking our tips...

*We were told that we couldn't work overtime cause most were part time emloyees bt we were giving 5 day wks with part time benefits..

* the whole point system thing sucked.

* stock people rather chat and make housekeepers wait instead of stocking and chatting when done.

* alot of equipment were broken such as vacuums and carts.

* most of the time the laundry didnt get in until after 11 which made getting 13 to 14 rooms done by 5 very very hard...

I honestly would NOT go back to work at that place unless the supervisors and some of the rules were changed...
Pros
Free meals and great co workers
Cons
Pay def didn't match the struggle
Behind the scenes which helped the business function well overall.
Banker (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTAugust 25, 2015
Decent rate of pay. Amazing benefits. This job was basically an accountant mixed with a bank teller. Responsible for large amounts of cash and anything monetarily valuable to the company. Worked as an individual in my job but also had to work as an overall team. Most enjoyable part of this job was being able to listen to your choice of music while working.
warm vibes and challenges everyday
Asian Marketing Executive Host (Current Employee) –  Uncasville, CTMay 18, 2016
I have learned to have a strong management and organizational skills with new challenges everyday. There are different patron in the casino everyday, where I have to accommodate accordingly and to make sure they enjoy their times at Mohegan.

The enjoy helping patron out and being able to accomplish their request but at the same time it is the hardest part of the job, because as a marketing executive host, we have to go through a lot of different gate in order to get to the goal.
I wish I stayed.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTJuly 17, 2016
I do wish I stayed at Mohegan sun instead of working at Sears. Although I love Sears I would have had more benefits and job opportunities at Mohegan sun. It was so enriching working there. From the customers who came in to the employees who worked there and the culture all around. I was learning new things and experiencing so many different types of music and people.
Pros
Music, people, meeting bands, free dinner provided for each shift.
Cons
It was a far drive and I had to arrive 30 minutes early to catch the bus.
Challenging and fast paced environment where customer service is a top priority.
Event staff (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTJuly 22, 2016
Workload very heavy each day due to staff cutbacks
I learned many skills..supervisory, management, computer, human
resources
Upper management is usually not engaged with the front line
employees
Co-workers are sometimes not helpful with your work load as
they carry a heavy one themselves
Hardest part of the job was rotating hours and no set days off
Enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere in the events
It was an exciting place to be able to work where I could be very creative every day.
VP Sponsorship Sales and Strategic Relations (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTNovember 4, 2015
I have been fortunate enough to love each job I have had in my career and able to advance myself and my career with each position I moved onto.

I managed a staff of 8 and we laughed every day and enjoyed coming to work and performing our duties. I feel a created a fun productive environment for each of my employees, I always feel that makes us all more successful.
Pros
Fun entertainment enviroment
Cons
some of top management
Flexible
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTJune 5, 2016
as for as the food and beverage department server, barback, and bartender you cant beat the hours, flexibility, and money in comparison to almost anywhere in the country. Bosses do not breathe down your neck, it is a fairly laid back work environment.

must be able to handle upset customers often.

must be in good shape to carry tray with glasses all night.
Pros
hours, money, flexibility, co workers
Cons
benefits, environment, holidays
Slot Technician (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTApril 20, 2016
I would still be working there but the position was eliminated, I was a bill validator technician a division of the slot technical services that was eliminated / cut from the slot tech dept. I repaired / rebuilt BVs, my co workers were great, management was very fair and friendly and they offered unlimited training and certifications
Pros
Very good pay rate and good working enviroment.
Cons
Some heavy lifting and casino area was smokey.
Nice place
Poker Supervisor (Current Employee) –  wilkes-barre, PAJune 17, 2015
Good benifits, have to pay for them. Free lunch.
Incharge of daily tournaments,dealer fills,daily promotions.
Current management not as available.
Love my co-workers, very helpful.
love the customers, love the shift(days)
Cons
not open to new ideas, have to pay for benefits, no bonus incentive