Mohegan Sun

Mohegan Sun United States Employee Reviews

This workplace is a fun overall feeling. Fun atmosphere
FRONT DESK SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch, Benifits, great atmosphere
I love working a Mohegan Sun, I have been there for 8 years and I appreciate the opportunity they gave me. I have learned more in that 8 years then I have anywhere else. The overall feeling of the organization is amazing they always go above and beyond to make you feel like you are a part of the family.
It was challenging
Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAApril 10, 2015
Pros: Decent pay
Cons: the casino was always short handed
As a team we help open a new Mohegan Sun Casino in PA. It was a lot of long hours and it was a good challenge for our team. It was a long term success. I enjoyed my team and co workers. It was a pleasure being the supervisor of as many as 8 table games at one time.
Fun place to work and great coworkers
Fitness Center Rep (Current Employee), Uncasville CTMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Low stress, great coworkers, 10 hour shifts, working out during breaks
Cons: part time so no health care, no advancement
Working at the fitness center is great, you get to meet lots of interesting people and experience different cultures. The problem is that there is no room for advancement unless someone decides to leave. The job is what you make of it you can either sit at a desk and be bored or be proactive and make it something more.
Great place to work at
Credit Representative (Current Employee), Uncasville, CTMarch 29, 2015
I love the Mohegan Sun environment.The people and the management here are phenomenal. I've never been treated anything less than a priority here.
Excellent place to work
Table Games Dealer and Main Bank (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Free food! Flexible
I loved the people I worked with and the ability to move up and switch departments was a big reason I worked there. They offered great benefits and I learned a lot while I was there.
Exciting and beautiful place to work.
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTMarch 20, 2015
Pros: letting me be myself and entertain people. improving my math skills.
Cons: working in a smoky environment
Every day is different. My favorite table game to deal is Roulette. It's so exciting to see a lucky number hit and patrons jump for joy. Most people are there for a good time...and this is exactly what I try to show them. I love to entertain and tell jokes. This job allowed me to have fun and to improve my math skills. I was required to handle large sums of money, count quickly, and pay close attention to detail.
I worked with all levels of management and tried hard to not only fit in but to stand out. The hardest part of the job was dealing with cigarette or cigar smoke. I enjoyed meeting people from different countries and learning about their culture.
Fun Establishment To Work For
Player's Representative (Current Employee), Uncasville, CTMarch 8, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: smokey atmosphere
It's never a boring day when you work at Mohegan Sun. Something is always happening and or going on. Mohegan is a great place to meet new people whether that be from co-workers or guests.
Fun place to work
cashier/clerk (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTMarch 6, 2015
Pros: free lunches, great cafe, friendly co workers
Cons: short breaks
I enjoyed working at Mohegan Sun, it had wonderful supervisors and employees. I would go back anytime. It has a positive work environment and the customers are loyal and friendly.
used to be a good company to work for.
Slot attendant (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: management and their tactics to reduce costs
Mohegan sun in the early years used to care about their employees to the point that they would conduct exit interviews to see what the company could have done better. This all changed with the first round of layoffs in 2012. After that it was all about cutting cost and if you were a seasoned employee you were considered an expense to the company and it became management's job to cut cost (get rid of you). They started treating employees as if they were expendable. It did not matter if you were there for almost 14 years and we're the employee of the month and employee of the season. You were now considered an expense and if you volunteered for the layoff to help save your coworker you were denied and you became a target for management to cut costs. The choice became either leave the company or be driven away. I became the later unfortunately and needed psychological therapy after being driven away from a job I once liked.
Great Corporation
Director of Marketing Operations (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 6, 2015
If every company ran the way the Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority does, we would have a whole lot more happy workers in the world. True values to live and be guided by, team building by superiors and an overall fun place to work makes this company tops in the industry.
interseting days with interseting people
perp cook (Current Employee), uncasville ctFebruary 6, 2015
most funniest thing are the people I work with. we joke and have fun with costumers. the hardest part is the people that come in the lounge that are drunk and lost all there money. there really not all that happy and will take it out on me and my staff.
Fun Place
Dealer (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: good people, the food was good, management .like i said before that is when i was there 16 years ago.
Cons: i have nothing to say.
It was A good place to work when I was there(1999-2004 ,I can not say anything about what is going on today. The one thing I did have a problem with is how they treated a good employee who gave the company there time and effort to help the company to become successful other then that I loved the job when I was there.
A fun friendly place to work
Valet Attendant (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: free food, drive nice cars, amazing coworkers
Cons: free food, drive unsanitary cars
A regular day at work will consist of any amount of volume and weather thrown at you. I have learned to multitask and conduct myself in a professional manner. The team members I had the pleasure working with was a treat. Management was a dream and I think that they were always fair with discipline. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the guests that came into the casino. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships that I had built that will last a lifetime.
once was a great place to work where everyday was fun
Valet Attendant (Former Employee), Plains, PaFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: free meals, easy to achieve vacation time
Cons: poor management, lack of hours provided, lack of staffing, lack of organization
A typical day at work starts when you enter into the employee entrance and punch into the time clock. Then you proceed to where the office or the area where you have team meeting before your shift starts. After working 4 and 1/2 years in the same place, I learned things which have helped me grow up in the last few years such as handling stressful situations and learning to work with other people that are not like you

I feel the management can be better because when things get too crazy, there is just complete communication breakdown when it is most required. While some of the co-workers are some of the greatest people I have had the pleasure of working with, others have an immature mentality which makes work unenjoyable.
Fun work to work
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free lunches, good breaks.
Cons: expensive insurance
Good place to work.I execute my job with little follow-up.I fallow regulations, policies and procedures.we have nice team workers.I am very responsible for my job,always i have a good attitude and i try to perform my job with accuracy.
Nice place to work and very nice people to work with.
Supervisor (Former Employee), CageJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: $8 a day allotment for food, medical benefits, and ability to switch shifts with your co-workers.
Cons: not enough help, lazy co-workers and shift managers, having to do three jobs by myself with no help from upper management, miserable patrons and co-workers.
My day at work consisted of punching in no more than Twenty minutes before my start time. I supervised my cashiers and bankers and help solve any problems or concerns that came up. I had lunch in the company cafeteria which gave us an allotment of $8 a day. I then punched out after being relieved by the following shift and relaying any important information. I learned how to count money and to keep my work area neat and organized. The managers were ok, although not too prevalent in my daily duties. My co-workers were of different races, ages, and nationalities. There were the good ones that worked hard and were dependable. There were some lazy and not so dependable. The hardest part of the job was doing two to three jobs at once, supervisor, cashier, and banker for example. All at the same time. The most enjoyable part was making sure the guests and my co-workers had an enjoyable time.
Productive and Interesting workplace
Player Development Coordinator (Former Employee), MarketingJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free lunch or breakfast, gym
Cons: the long walk from the entrance to the office
Reviewing messages left for executives was always the most interesting part of the day. Patrons wanting tickets to shows, limos, dinner and rooms gave me a chance to review play and book what they were looking for. Most of the time it was yes, it was saying no that got tricky.
Productive fun place
Arena Concession Line Server (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTJanuary 21, 2015
I worked for two different departments. I always had something different to do. I enjoy working with different people and different backgrounds. I got to learned a lot of different things from the job and the people itself. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to meet a lot of new people and hear a lot of the clients background.
Friendly place and great work environment
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTJanuary 16, 2015
Had so much fun working for this company, and learned a lot of what it is like to work in the "real world" since this was only an internship for me. I had a lot of different opportunities to meet with other departments to view what it was like to run the company as a whole.
Excellent people to work with
Representative (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: expensive health care and a lot of the benefits of working there taken away.
Answering the phones as soon as I come in. Providing superior customer service. In putting data into the computer systems. Excellent computer skills. The people I worked with and interacted with on a daily bases where excellent. Hardest part of the job was that I could have always used more hours in the day and stopping working. The people were the most enjoyable part of the job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Mohegan Sun

The sun also rises at Mohegan Sun, a gaming and entertainment complex run by the Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority for the Mohegan – Read more

Mohegan Sun Salaries