Mohegan Sun Employee Reviews

Awful Work Environment
Bus Greeter (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTDecember 8, 2017
While working at Mohegan Sun, I didn't feel protected. There are a lot of people who walk through the doors of the casino, and I felt that security didn't do a great job of protecting everyone. I did not feel safe parking in the parking garages due to poor quality security cameras. They have amazing cameras in the casino, but they don't care as much about the parking garages. It takes too long for in house security to get to your location, and there is not nearly enough of them working for the size of the casino. The managers didn't seem to care about issues going on within the department. All they cared about was making them look good. There is too much of a hierarchy due to tribal members working. If you aren't tribal, then you aren't good enough for them.
Pros
$8.00 per shift for meals. Discounts throughout the casino.
Cons
Accrual of PTO was slow. No paid sick leave for part time. difficult hours.
Amazing id go back
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTDecember 7, 2017
Working as security there you see a lot of things you do not normally see while having fun there. Its was a pleasure working there. Once you were full time you could take all the overtime you wanted not many jobs do that.
Advancement opportunities and great benefits
Management (Current Employee) –  Montville, CTDecember 3, 2017
Mohegan Sun has a great culture and benefit package. Working as a full time employee you get 401k options, health care, vision, dental and pharmaceutical insurance. You always do have opportunities for advancement and job transfers if you get bored in one department. The only bad thing is the management in certain departments. They are not all consistent and some of the top people are on power trips and it reflects to the bottom employees and doesn't make work enjoyable. Sometimes it leave you feeling taken advantage of and like a number. But it highly depends on the department.
Summary
VIP Representative (Former Employee) –  Montville, CTNovember 27, 2017
I Loved working at Mohegan Sun Casino. I could use my customer service skills to the highest. The patrons and the employs where great. I don't think there was anything that I did not accept that came with the job Everything was enjoyable.
its cool, fun and good if you like people
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Plains, PANovember 20, 2017
Pay is low, but its great for your resume. Training needs to be vamped up a little.. they give u 3 days to have it down, then on your own, which is fine, cause if you are like me you learn by doing it [hands on]... Some of the people u will work with need to realize you are new, so u may have to tell them once in a while that they were new once too and to be patient.. its an easy job and once u have down the way things are done you will be Golden...co workers are cool, managers are nice...fun busting balls so take no offense, gotta have some fun on the job I guess....
Pros
food is free
Cons
slow paced.. guests can be very aggravating..
Security
Security (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 15, 2017
The environment will keep you on your feet and constantly going. This place offers room for advancement but offers very few leadership positions. All in all it is a good company to work for.
It’s like high school all over again
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Plains, PANovember 15, 2017
You get free food so that is a great plus, if you don’t get food poisoning. But great place to work If you love people because thats who you’d be working with all day.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No advancements
Give and take
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Montville, CTNovember 11, 2017
It's a decent place, for a first job it's pretty easy, no real issues as far as customers go as long as you can learn to laugh. Not a job for the quick tempered.
The best job ever
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTNovember 9, 2017
I loved working in the casino as a dealer. Lots of perks dealing to the rich and famous and everyone in between. Working five days a week, 8 hour shift with a 20 minute break every hour. Easiest money I have ever made.
Pros
to many to list
Cons
Lots of polotics
Seguro
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Bar AméricaNovember 9, 2017
Buen trabajo, seguro respecto
Confiable . El pago
A fun place to work
VP of Hotel and Transportation Operations (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTNovember 9, 2017
A funfull work place with lots of employee activities usch as: Employee arcade with lots of games. Work out center, lots of fun activities, social activities involvement etc....
Interesting and vibrant , Very diverse workforce,
Benefits Representative (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTNovember 7, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working here. The job entailed a number of different tasks and was never boring. I looked forward to going to work every day and often volunteered for overtime if it was and option. Working with co-workers from many different countries and assisting them was very fulfilling.
Pros
healthcare, free parking, pharmacy, gym, paid lunch time and ample $ for lunch, sheltered parking, free shuttle from garage to work
not the greatest experience
Players Club Representative (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTNovember 6, 2017
Really nice venue...most of the employees are very friendly...free food...However, shift managers rarely on the same page...will give you specific instructions on how to handle a situation, but if a guest does not like it, shift managers will often throw you under the bus despite doing exactly what they just told you to do....Also miscommunication between departments.
Pros
free food, long breaks, friendly co-workers
Cons
management miscommunication, rude guests
My Experience at Mohegan Sun
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Uncasville, CTNovember 2, 2017
I have work for Mohegan Sun since I was 18 year old. The company was flexible enough to allow me time to go to school full-time and worked part-time. Now that I am completing my master's degree it is time for me continue my career in the pursue of new challenges. I enjoy going to work and I love the people I work with.
Pros
positive culture, free lunches
Cons
Personal time off can be challenge
Company cares very little about the welfare of employees
Event Security (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTOctober 31, 2017
Assigned working hours out of profile, had to work first, second, and third shifts every week. Management uses loopholes in their policy to pay you standard wages on "key business days" (which are supposed to pay workers time and a half). One example is that a worker can be scheduled at 11:30 PM the day before Thanksgiving and will not be compensated for the time worked on Thanksgiving day. Adding insult to injury, the company will assign you an occurrence and a half for calling out on a key business day (An occurrence is a point system to keep track of call outs, nine points accumulated will result in termination of the employee).
Additionally,
The company will sometimes schedule you for work less than eight hours before a previous shift on the same day.
Being labelled as "on call" such as in my case allows the company to withhold benefits such as medical, dental, or retirement, regardless if I consistently work 40 hours a week.
Having worked customer service for other companies several years before my time at Mohegan Sun, I can say without a doubt that this is the worst company I have had the misfortune to work for. If you enjoy a lack of communication between employees and management, and/or not having your voice be heard by management, you may enjoy working here.
Pros
Free mediocre lunch
Cons
See below
Poor Management
Player Development (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAOctober 31, 2017
They kept making changes that was hurting employee morale. Also, the director was crazy! They were cutting corners to save money. They need to get back to what made them succeed when the casino was first established.
Pros
Co-workers, meeting new people, everyone knew who you are
Cons
Pay, work/life balance, customers, management
very sun work place
EVS Attendant (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTOctober 31, 2017
Everything at mohegan sun is fine. co-workers are so friendly and the management is awesome. I would suggest everyone to choose that place because it's really fun.
a great place to work, I always felt that I was a valued employee.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTOctober 29, 2017
Mohegan Sun is a wonderful place to work. I was very happy there and only left because I had a chance to get a job closed to what I used to do for a 20% salary increase.
Pros
free meal, well-treated
Cons
salary wasn't enough
fast paced work environment
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTOctober 18, 2017
Setting up and breaking down banquet functions. Events are different each day with support from management and coworkers. The hardest part about the job was physical labor of lifting heavy trays
its all about the game called craps
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Montville, CTOctober 17, 2017
I always enjoy my job. I like people and the day always flies.
I like being professional and having fun at the same time.
craps is the type of game that I was born to deal. I live close
to the sun and I'm very excited to get back to my game.