Mohegan Sun Employee Reviews

Wonderful multicultural organization
Marketing Lead (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTFebruary 21, 2017
Productive place of work with one of a kind amenities for their employees. Great employee appreciation services with a wonderful array of coworkers.

Work with all types of patrons. But by far the best thing of Mohegan Sun Casino is the tight family workplace culture. As an employee I really did feel appreciated and not just a number that clocks in.
Pros
A variety of Free employee services
Cons
Poor salary and little chance for advancement due to Native American preferences
great company with positive vibes
Shared Labor Representative (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTFebruary 16, 2017
Great organized company. Good benefits and work environment. I loved international young people around. The most enjoyable part of the job was manager's encouragement.
Pros
gym, lunch
Cons
This company is good to their employees.
Credit Representative (Current Employee) –  Casino CreditFebruary 13, 2017
I have worked for Mohegan Sun for over 6 years. I am looking for a job that offers daytime hours. The benefits are good and I am fond of the people I work with.

I keep busy most of the day. I have learned a lot about how credit works.
Pros
Free lunches, good benefits
Cons
I work from 4:30am to 12:30pm
casino lifwe
Barback/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 13, 2017
Great job if your in need for money to day to day. Tips are unaccounted for and if your fake you will get along. terrible management and bad cooks in the edr
Positive Team Atmosphere in Dynamic Resort
VIP Reception Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTFebruary 10, 2017
Mohegan Sun is an ever growing company that provides a positive atmosphere for both internal and external guests. This team oriented Resort focuses on its core values truly making it a company that is "Built to Last."
Pros
Above average paid time and paid holidays, Blue Cross Blue Shield Anthem health insurance, Matching 401k, Paid lunch breaks with food allowance
Concessions Employee (Current Employee) –  Uncasville, CTFebruary 5, 2017
A typical day at Mohegan Sun starts with role-call, assignments to different concessions, last-minute briefing, starting rush, intermission, then wrap-up. Overall, it's a good place to work in case college does not work out for you.
Mohegan Sun Is an all around great place to be at
Players Club Repersentive (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTJanuary 27, 2017
They are THE BEST verses other casinos. they are great people doing great things. The true spirit of aquai
that place is the true definition .. professional & so much fun all in one.. i miss it there so much. from the day it opened to now. i cannot believe how beautiful the place is. so unique. thank u for giving me such a wonderful experience. Working there was great :D
I have worked in other casinos & let me say you guys are the best & doing such an amazing job. Your employees are all happy & friendly all smiles and helpful. Why... because you the managers the departments. Human resources are the core of your success. You go out of your way to make sure your job is done RIGHT. why Mohegan Sun Casino stands out from the rest. Thank You
Pros
loved working there. a lot better than foxwoods 100%x2 .Thank you HR thank u management
Have to know someone
Facilities Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 22, 2017
They seem to keep the workers down while management keeps going up. They do not pay a living wage. No advancement opportunity. They would rather bring a friend in to take a job then advance someone that is already there. Bottom line. If you have a friend in management you'll do good, if not, enjoy your free boil n bag lunch
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low wages, no advancement, many departments are run by young people with little experience because they're cheap
Mohegan Sun Is a Fun environment with good customer service
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  EVS AttendantJanuary 15, 2017
I enjoy working at Mohegan Sun. It's a great environment, as an employee our department we work hard to blow the patron away with Great Customer Service. My job EVS has a good management. They really work with so far as work ethic we try keep customer please with keeping the casino clean. I Enjoy working with all my co-workers we kinda have a family connection on working together. The Most enjoyable part of my job is getting a tip, and the customer is pleased on how hard or work ethic is.
Pros
The pro's of my job is the free lunch, we get $8 dollars a day a thing after that it comes out of our check.
Cons
The Cons of my job is its mandatory to work all holidays
Fun and great working environment
Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norwich, CTJanuary 5, 2017
Can environment and a great place to grow I believe that is a great job opportunity for anyone. It has a lot of opportunities for growth in the field I'm great customer service if you continue to work with this company he will be able to get a lot of benefits
Pros
Great environment
Cons
A lot of standing
Fun workplace
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 1, 2017
I am on a part time position in the warehouse, I have been applying to several job offers within the company since the day I was able to (after 3 months) and I haven't been able to be a candidate for any of those position. is a great company, but it will take you a long time to achieve your goal.
Pros
free breakfast and lunch
Cons
Decent break time
They dont even have good benefits. Terribly unsafe place
Dealer (Current Employee) –  Plains, PADecember 29, 2016
It's not safe people show up with guns and fight with the staff all the time we've had 2 pit bosses get punched in the face and management blames them. No one has your back if you get in a fight good luck getting security or state police to help there counting their days till retirement and security would break a hip. Management is awful they step on everyone beneath them worst place to work ever hopefully I can quit soon.
decent place to work at
INTERMEDIATE COOK (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTDecember 28, 2016
management was the worst, always belittling their workers and slacking off and letting certain people do what they want while others struggled not a great place to work but it decent for only a few months of work.
Pros
trips, food, games
Cons
management, gossip, belittling, unfair workload
very fun in working
Culinary Intern Connecticut, U.S.A (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutDecember 27, 2016
i learned a lot from the workplace .the hardest part is when it is busy everybody is also busy but it was very enjoyable. and since i was a Filipino i feel happy because there are a lot of Filipino workers i don't feel different from other people
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health care
Fun workplace
Shared Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Uncasville, CTDecember 22, 2016
A great place to work! They treat their employees right and offer many benefits. Flexible work hours and great management. Staying here for a few years definitely gives you knowledge about the company and the message it is trying to bring to make it a world class travel destination.
Fun filled atmosphere with many benefits.
Marketing Lead Intern (Current Employee) –  Uncasville, CTDecember 20, 2016
Overall my experience at Mohegan Sun was enlightening. I enjoyed my internship and would suggest individuals to intern here as well. The staff enjoy their jobs. The patrons love the environment that they are in. Customer service is key.
Pros
Paid Lunches
Just alright
Event Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Uncasville, CTDecember 19, 2016
work with nice people
don't get a lot of hours
management rarely notices good work
patrons can be rough
see shows for free
free $8 for lunch
sometimes short staffed, other times over staffed
high turnover rate
Decent place to work
Front window cashier (Current Employee) –  Uncasville, CTDecember 16, 2016
Management and coworkers are great, job itself is a bit boring/slow, not very challenging. Customers can be difficult to deal with, most are cranky from losing money.
Fun workplace, great team member moral
Bellhop (Former Employee) –  Mohegan sun at pocono downsDecember 8, 2016
Excellent place to work for kids waiting for job outside of college. Employees treated fairly and the longer you work there the more management will go above and beyond to help you.
Pros
Free breskfast, lunch, and dinner
Cons
Hard to get benefits
Great co workers
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Uncasville, CTNovember 30, 2016
A typical day at work is making sure all chip fills get to their dealer tables. The best part of the job is working with the great co workers you have,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mohegan Sun. Our community is ready to answer.