Mohegan Sun

Mohegan Sun Employer Reviews

Underpaid and overworked
Database Marketing Analyst (Current Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: everything else
There are no typical days. Work is continually added each day with no extra compensation or notice. Mistakes continue to pile up and no one cares. Very little balance between life and work. Work consumers most of your time.
fun place to work with the right group of people
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTJuly 30, 2014
Pros: fun exciting times
Cons: who you are and what you do does not matter, just getting job done is most important
enjoyed my job. Dedicated passionate about positions that I held and work I did. Created a cross department communication meeting to keep everyone notified of operations.
Fun place to work
Surveillance Shift Manager (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTJuly 14, 2014
Pros: free lunch, employee center
Cons: work weekends and holidays
Good place to work, recreation area with pool table, foosball table and other games are available for use during break time. Covered employee parking garage attached to employee center.
This position was hard on the legs.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTMay 28, 2014
Cons: to much standing in one place. no movement
This position was a main bank position. I exchanged chips or currency. I stood for 8 hours a day counting money.
Okay place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee), Uncasville, CTMay 28, 2014
Okay place to work very slow paced to work and a lot of walking around and watching patrons.
My expierence with Mohegan Sun
Cage Cashier (Current Employee), Uncasville, CTMay 21, 2014
Working as a Cage Cashier I expand my customer service skills by meeting and assisting a variety of people. I enjoy putting a smile on customer’s faces when I get the chance to cash out their winnings or giving instructions on those who’s experiencing the casino and its functions for the first time. The hardest part of the job will have to be with dealing – more... with some people’s frustration. Sometimes there are customers who are very upset who only take their anger out on me as a worker for the casino, I simply try my best to make them feel better if not i wish them a better day. – less
Bad management and bad money.
Event Security (Current Employee), Uncasville, CTMay 11, 2014
Pros: co-workers are nice people, see famous people
Cons: bad management, horrible pay, bad hours
For protecting the most famous people in the world, you would think we get paid more than kids flipping burgers at McDonald's.
Great concept presented
Manager (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTMay 1, 2014
Pros: beautiful facilities and extra employee benefits
Cons: high turn over, pay cuts, and job elimination
The company believes they create a very comfortable and successful environment for employees. However, much like gambling at a casino, day to day can be stressful not knowing if your job will be eliminated. They shoot from the hip with a decision and it often effects the employees. The facility is beautiful and there are many corporate partners that – more... provide benefits to the employees. However there is constant turn over, pay cuts, and job eliminations. – less
i enjoyed this job
Security Officer (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTApril 12, 2014
Pros: one of my favorit jobs
Cons: n/a
this job was different but so fun you see new people everyday from all over.i met my now best friend there.i loved it.
free food, games in employee dinning room
Sever assistant (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 27, 2014
mohegan sun is a nice place to work but when i started the new casino just opened and my upper management was all other place. they would forget to inform people on day to day shift changes and would cut hours. all in all it was a nice place to work with some great extras.
not bad, wanted more
customer service rep (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTMarch 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: its a casino. they make money no-matter what, why pay for best workers
went to college to be an engineer not a customer service rep. if i made it threw college without having brain surgery, I could guarantee that I'd be working somewhere else.
NICE PLACE
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Norwich, CTMarch 20, 2014
Pros: free luck
Cons: hours
i work in mohegan sun and its a place with all type of people and teaches me to handle people calmly.
average place to work
Dual Rate Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTMarch 19, 2014
went to roll call
entered the casino floor
interacted with patrons
stay in your lane
arena line server (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTMarch 12, 2014
Pros: free meal, benefits, discounts
i remember when i first started working at mohegan sun for the first time and i worked a rock concert ooo man that had to be the craziest amount of people i saw in my life there were long lines in each section people were waiting for food shirts or either beverages i learned how to give the best customer service at mohegan from a greet with a smile – more... or a fellow good bye but i made sure customers got what they needed when they approached my stand to order the hardest part of the job was running out of snacks or paper towels cause you would have to go to a room which was on the other side of the arena and there would be a traffic of people every where but i enjoyed working there just by having co workers that were very nice and outgoing – less
Great place to work with many benefits
Cashier Supervisor (Current Employee), Uncasville, CTMarch 10, 2014
I love my job as a supervisor and helping out cashiers and bankers and trouble shooting when things go haywire during transactions . I enjoy the interaction with people and providing the best service I possibly can whether it be with back of the house employees or our casino customers . I think the hardest part of my job is asking myself if I could – more... have done something different or better when a situation arises and you handled it but was there something more I could have done to satisfy the customer or employee . My night usually starts relieving the previous shift and taking over whatever they may be doing at the time and collecting information on anything that might have happened throughout the night , like was our equipment working good or any information needed to make it through the night . Afterwards its keeping my cashiers and banker motivated so that they can reflect this excitement towards their customer service . I've worked grave shift since 1984 starting in Atlantic City and now at Mohegan Sun and I can only speak for management on this shift but here at the Sun , we have pretty good managers and that helps in making or breaking a night . I love a variety of music but salsa is my favorite .I also take enjoyment in spending time with my 4 gorgeous grandbabies in Virginia ,and my military son and daughter .I love making care packages for my mom in Florida and talking with her on the phone . I also love to cook and spending quite time with my man . – less
Continuously Striving for Imrovement
Customer & Client Technology Services Manager (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTMarch 7, 2014
I gained a great deal of experience working at Mohegan Sun. They allowed me to work my way up from a line level position to Management. I met many good friends both in my department and throughout the entire facility and enjoyed interacting with all of them. A great place to learn new things and build relationships along the way.
Working for Mohegan Sun Casino was a amazing experience.
Casino Host (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTMarch 2, 2014
Pros: bénéfice, free lunch, good salary, meeting people.
Cons: not appreciation for a person who do well there job, giving the best opportunity to the lazy ones.
Good place to work, learning day by day how to help our customerwith there diferent need, following always the best for them.
strange hours, stubborn supervisors
Set up/tear down rooms for the banquet manager (Former Employee), Wilkes Barre, PAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: crazyness
was not able to do my job without being micromanaged. average day was to setup/tear down the room being set for event.
Fairly decent place to work, gym, store and pharmacy available on site.
Groundskeeper (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTFebruary 26, 2014
Keeping grounds neat and presentable for the public, learned how to use all equipment and clean hazardous spills properly, how to be a team player and work with others, hardest part of job was winter during storms would work a lot of hours till storms were over. Summer time working outside and enjoying the beautiful days.
Fun Place to work
Lead Reservationist (Current Employee), Uncasville, CTFebruary 25, 2014
There are many things about working at Mohegan you might not get anywhere else, such as every year employee appreciation day at lake compounce or six flags, decent benefits, games to play during your break like pool, ping pong, pac man, air hockey. Also you get paid lunches, and breaks that are generous.

1 2 3 4 5

About Mohegan Sun

The sun also rises at Mohegan Sun, a gaming and entertainment complex run by the Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority for the Mohegan – Read more

Mohegan Sun Photos