Mohegan Sun

Mohegan Sun Employee Reviews

Always something new
Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Uncasville, CTMay 27, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, flexibilty, longevity
Cons: Advancement potential
I work with a variety of groups/clients and team members on a daily basis. It is challenging yet enjoyable on a day to day basis
productive and fun place to work with education assistance for employees and a game area for employees
Master Pastry Cook (Former Employee), Uncasville, Ct.May 22, 2015
Pros: piad breaks and cafeteria credit of $ 8.00 per shift
Cons: like every place risin health care costs, and lay offs
A typical day involved producing baked goods and pastry items for our buffets- breakfast , lunch , and dinner, and for our employee cafeteria, our lounges and our co-workers in the bake shop. My co - workers were great people to work with, we cared for each other and looked out for each other. I learned how to really listen and then communicate, as many of my co- workers did not speak English as a first language or even at all. The hardest part of the job was adjusting production schedules to changing needs and waiting on equipment, but it was not difficult to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to say to someone- " no problem we got that for you coming right now !'" well the other really fun part was the fun we had working as a team to get a really big project done - life size ginger bread house, wine fest, and more.
What I learned
Customer service (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTMay 11, 2015
What I learned while working at Mohegan Sun. A lot of patience because you work with a lot of different nationalities and people. I had some favorite people and not so many favorites. But I treated them all like family and made sure they're experience was the best while they visited.
Clean, organized, and well kept
Cage Cashier (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaApril 23, 2015
Zaras could be described reference to working in a boutique. Focused mostly on clientele but all customers were welcomed establishment. Very mature nature in clothing and fashion. What i enjoyed about Zara was they recognized their emoployees dedication and promoted them on their hard work and team ability skills.
This workplace is a fun overall feeling. Fun atmosphere
FRONT DESK SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch, Benifits, great atmosphere
I love working a Mohegan Sun, I have been there for 8 years and I appreciate the opportunity they gave me. I have learned more in that 8 years then I have anywhere else. The overall feeling of the organization is amazing they always go above and beyond to make you feel like you are a part of the family.
It was challenging
Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAApril 10, 2015
Pros: Decent pay
Cons: the casino was always short handed
As a team we help open a new Mohegan Sun Casino in PA. It was a lot of long hours and it was a good challenge for our team. It was a long term success. I enjoyed my team and co workers. It was a pleasure being the supervisor of as many as 8 table games at one time.
Fun place to work and great coworkers
Fitness Center Rep (Current Employee), Uncasville CTMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Low stress, great coworkers, 10 hour shifts, working out during breaks
Cons: part time so no health care, no advancement
Working at the fitness center is great, you get to meet lots of interesting people and experience different cultures. The problem is that there is no room for advancement unless someone decides to leave. The job is what you make of it you can either sit at a desk and be bored or be proactive and make it something more.
Great place to work at
Credit Representative (Current Employee), Uncasville, CTMarch 29, 2015
I love the Mohegan Sun environment.The people and the management here are phenomenal. I've never been treated anything less than a priority here.
Excellent place to work
Table Games Dealer and Main Bank (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Free food! Flexible
I loved the people I worked with and the ability to move up and switch departments was a big reason I worked there. They offered great benefits and I learned a lot while I was there.
Exciting and beautiful place to work.
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTMarch 20, 2015
Pros: letting me be myself and entertain people. improving my math skills.
Cons: working in a smoky environment
Every day is different. My favorite table game to deal is Roulette. It's so exciting to see a lucky number hit and patrons jump for joy. Most people are there for a good time...and this is exactly what I try to show them. I love to entertain and tell jokes. This job allowed me to have fun and to improve my math skills. I was required to handle large sums of money, count quickly, and pay close attention to detail.
I worked with all levels of management and tried hard to not only fit in but to stand out. The hardest part of the job was dealing with cigarette or cigar smoke. I enjoyed meeting people from different countries and learning about their culture.
Fun Establishment To Work For
Player's Representative (Current Employee), Uncasville, CTMarch 8, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: smokey atmosphere
It's never a boring day when you work at Mohegan Sun. Something is always happening and or going on. Mohegan is a great place to meet new people whether that be from co-workers or guests.
Fun place to work
cashier/clerk (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTMarch 6, 2015
Pros: free lunches, great cafe, friendly co workers
Cons: short breaks
I enjoyed working at Mohegan Sun, it had wonderful supervisors and employees. I would go back anytime. It has a positive work environment and the customers are loyal and friendly.
used to be a good company to work for.
Slot attendant (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: management and their tactics to reduce costs
Mohegan sun in the early years used to care about their employees to the point that they would conduct exit interviews to see what the company could have done better. This all changed with the first round of layoffs in 2012. After that it was all about cutting cost and if you were a seasoned employee you were considered an expense to the company and it became management's job to cut cost (get rid of you). They started treating employees as if they were expendable. It did not matter if you were there for almost 14 years and we're the employee of the month and employee of the season. You were now considered an expense and if you volunteered for the layoff to help save your coworker you were denied and you became a target for management to cut costs. The choice became either leave the company or be driven away. I became the later unfortunately and needed psychological therapy after being driven away from a job I once liked.
Great Corporation
Director of Marketing Operations (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 6, 2015
If every company ran the way the Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority does, we would have a whole lot more happy workers in the world. True values to live and be guided by, team building by superiors and an overall fun place to work makes this company tops in the industry.
interseting days with interseting people
perp cook (Current Employee), uncasville ctFebruary 6, 2015
most funniest thing are the people I work with. we joke and have fun with costumers. the hardest part is the people that come in the lounge that are drunk and lost all there money. there really not all that happy and will take it out on me and my staff.
Fun Place
Dealer (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: good people, the food was good, management .like i said before that is when i was there 16 years ago.
Cons: i have nothing to say.
It was A good place to work when I was there(1999-2004 ,I can not say anything about what is going on today. The one thing I did have a problem with is how they treated a good employee who gave the company there time and effort to help the company to become successful other then that I loved the job when I was there.
A fun friendly place to work
Valet Attendant (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: free food, drive nice cars, amazing coworkers
Cons: free food, drive unsanitary cars
A regular day at work will consist of any amount of volume and weather thrown at you. I have learned to multitask and conduct myself in a professional manner. The team members I had the pleasure working with was a treat. Management was a dream and I think that they were always fair with discipline. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the guests that came into the casino. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships that I had built that will last a lifetime.
once was a great place to work where everyday was fun
Valet Attendant (Former Employee), Plains, PaFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: free meals, easy to achieve vacation time
Cons: poor management, lack of hours provided, lack of staffing, lack of organization
A typical day at work starts when you enter into the employee entrance and punch into the time clock. Then you proceed to where the office or the area where you have team meeting before your shift starts. After working 4 and 1/2 years in the same place, I learned things which have helped me grow up in the last few years such as handling stressful situations and learning to work with other people that are not like you

I feel the management can be better because when things get too crazy, there is just complete communication breakdown when it is most required. While some of the co-workers are some of the greatest people I have had the pleasure of working with, others have an immature mentality which makes work unenjoyable.
Fun work to work
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free lunches, good breaks.
Cons: expensive insurance
Good place to work.I execute my job with little follow-up.I fallow regulations, policies and procedures.we have nice team workers.I am very responsible for my job,always i have a good attitude and i try to perform my job with accuracy.
Nice place to work and very nice people to work with.
Supervisor (Former Employee), CageJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: $8 a day allotment for food, medical benefits, and ability to switch shifts with your co-workers.
Cons: not enough help, lazy co-workers and shift managers, having to do three jobs by myself with no help from upper management, miserable patrons and co-workers.
My day at work consisted of punching in no more than Twenty minutes before my start time. I supervised my cashiers and bankers and help solve any problems or concerns that came up. I had lunch in the company cafeteria which gave us an allotment of $8 a day. I then punched out after being relieved by the following shift and relaying any important information. I learned how to count money and to keep my work area neat and organized. The managers were ok, although not too prevalent in my daily duties. My co-workers were of different races, ages, and nationalities. There were the good ones that worked hard and were dependable. There were some lazy and not so dependable. The hardest part of the job was doing two to three jobs at once, supervisor, cashier, and banker for example. All at the same time. The most enjoyable part was making sure the guests and my co-workers had an enjoyable time.

1 2 3 4 5

About Mohegan Sun

The sun also rises at Mohegan Sun, a gaming and entertainment complex run by the Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority for the Mohegan – Read more

Mohegan Sun Salaries