Mohegan Sun Employee Reviews

Greatest front line employees.
HR Finance Specialist, Human Resources (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTJuly 29, 2015
I loved the employees I worked with. The Benefits Team was among the most wonderful group I have ever worked with. I obtained an abundance of information which will be great to bring to another company.
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Plains, PaJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Free meals and great co workers
Cons: Pay def didn't match the struggle
Well this is just a few things wrong about the job...

*When i first started the job it was fun and schedule fit the times i were avail to work...

*I really enjoyed working there the first 2 1/2 months until everything started slowly changing ...

*The supervisor started changing schedules without informing us then we got pointed for not showing..

*As times passed i realized some of the supervisors started nit picking at certain people (me being one)...

*A few supervisors told us workers how other supervisors were taking our tips...

*We were told that we couldn't work overtime cause most were part time emloyees bt we were giving 5 day wks with part time benefits..

* the whole point system thing sucked.

* stock people rather chat and make housekeepers wait instead of stocking and chatting when done.

* alot of equipment were broken such as vacuums and carts.

* most of the time the laundry didnt get in until after 11 which made getting 13 to 14 rooms done by 5 very very hard...

I honestly would NOT go back to work at that place unless the supervisors and some of the rules were changed...
Fun working environment with an ideal Service Culture
Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee), Uncasville, CTJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Appreciation, sense of belonging. Transparency, loyalty, teamwork...
Cons: Lower income and lackof benefits
Mohegan Sun has a fun working environment that is very employee oriented. It is very transparent in its management. In the last couple of years, Mohegan Sun has created a new Service Culture centered on employee engagement. It has given each employee a sense of belonging and fulfillment, as they see themselves key participants to the overall success of the company and thus, employee appreciation and morale were positively affected.
Did not enjoy feeling like just a number not an employee
Room Service Food Server (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTJuly 15, 2015
There are thousands of employees whom are employed for this company. I always felt that I was just a number instead of a person who always achieved what was expected of her and much more.
Fun work place
dealer (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTJuly 12, 2015
I love my job as a dealer.Entertaining guest and running a game.Pay and take losing bets.* hour day with 2 hrs break plus free food what more can you ask for plus benefits
Work Summary
Corporate & Leisure Sales Manager (Current Employee), Uncasville, CTJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, benefits, management.
Cons: Potential growth.
Assisting clients with superior customer service, booking hotel sale leads, assisting colleagues by answering questions, attending meetings with clients and colleagues. Creating hotel offers and closing contracts with third party online booking websites example groupon, living social, travel zoo, and booking.com. Co-workers are a pleasure to work with and the hardest thing part of my job is not being challenged enough.
Mr Security
Security Officer (Current Employee), Plains, PAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Suits provided and meals
Cons: Gained 25 lbs
I am older and was looking for a pt job to keep busy. Been with MSP for 18 months. Now full time and work Swing Shift. Love what I do. They provide my Suits and meals. Love the excitement of the slots exploding and meeting new people every shift.
Work At the sun
Security Officer (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTJune 29, 2015
Got To work At midnight.The people I worked with were all right. The manager i had was great to work for. we almost started at the same time so we worked together the whole time. The most enjoyable part was watching the patrons on the floor on the shift we had some very good stuff going on.
Overall good place to work
Garde Manger Sous Chef (Current Employee), Uncasville, CTJune 24, 2015
Pros: benefits, co-workers.
Cons: favoritism, bosses not adhering to the same rules they apply to us.
The benefit package is 2nd to none, we have our own pharmacy with most generic medications being no cost to us employees.
The hardest part of the job being the workload vs. the amount of staff we have: having to rush to get the work done compromises the quality of the product.
productive and fun atmosphere to work in
Server (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre,PAJune 21, 2015
Pros: fun staff
Cons: short breaks
During the time that i worked at Mohegan Sun I made life long friends. The management was exceptional although the hours were long and tiring.
Nice place
Poker Supervisor (Current Employee), wilkes-barre, PAJune 17, 2015
Cons: not open to new ideas, have to pay for benefits, no bonus incentive
Good benifits, have to pay for them. Free lunch.
Incharge of daily tournaments,dealer fills,daily promotions.
Current management not as available.
Love my co-workers, very helpful.
love the customers, love the shift(days)
Great Company to work for with good work/family balance
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Uncasville, CTJune 17, 2015
Pros: Great hours
Cons: smoking environment at times
My hours for this job was 9am-5pm with a little bit of travel.
I worked with the New England Based companies and had a good relationship with the meeting planners. Great office of Co-workers and enjoyed the day to day environment. Great boss to work for which allowed work and family to be balanced.
Productive and fun workplace
Pari- Mutuel Supervisor/ Teller (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTJune 3, 2015
Pros: free food, employee parking garage, healthcare
I enjoyed my job as a supervisor in the pari-mutuel department. Helping the customers was the most enjoyable part of the job. I loved my regular customers. The hardest part of the job was getting home so late some nights.
Best company I have ever worked for
Project Manager, Program Manager, PMO Manager (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTJune 1, 2015
Pros: Free lunch and other great benefits
Cons: The business is in operation 24/7, which can be a challenge for IT at times
Mohegan Sun is a fun and exciting place to work, especially in IT. There are many diverse lines of business and as a project manager, I got to experience just about all of them. The management team is top notch.
Always something new
Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Uncasville, CTMay 27, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, flexibilty, longevity
Cons: Advancement potential
I work with a variety of groups/clients and team members on a daily basis. It is challenging yet enjoyable on a day to day basis
productive and fun place to work with education assistance for employees and a game area for employees
Master Pastry Cook (Former Employee), Uncasville, Ct.May 22, 2015
Pros: piad breaks and cafeteria credit of $ 8.00 per shift
Cons: like every place risin health care costs, and lay offs
A typical day involved producing baked goods and pastry items for our buffets- breakfast , lunch , and dinner, and for our employee cafeteria, our lounges and our co-workers in the bake shop. My co - workers were great people to work with, we cared for each other and looked out for each other. I learned how to really listen and then communicate, as many of my co- workers did not speak English as a first language or even at all. The hardest part of the job was adjusting production schedules to changing needs and waiting on equipment, but it was not difficult to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to say to someone- " no problem we got that for you coming right now !'" well the other really fun part was the fun we had working as a team to get a really big project done - life size ginger bread house, wine fest, and more.
What I learned
Customer service (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTMay 11, 2015
What I learned while working at Mohegan Sun. A lot of patience because you work with a lot of different nationalities and people. I had some favorite people and not so many favorites. But I treated them all like family and made sure they're experience was the best while they visited.
Clean, organized, and well kept
Cage Cashier (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaApril 23, 2015
Zaras could be described reference to working in a boutique. Focused mostly on clientele but all customers were welcomed establishment. Very mature nature in clothing and fashion. What i enjoyed about Zara was they recognized their emoployees dedication and promoted them on their hard work and team ability skills.
This workplace is a fun overall feeling. Fun atmosphere
FRONT DESK SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch, Benifits, great atmosphere
I love working a Mohegan Sun, I have been there for 8 years and I appreciate the opportunity they gave me. I have learned more in that 8 years then I have anywhere else. The overall feeling of the organization is amazing they always go above and beyond to make you feel like you are a part of the family.
It was challenging
Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAApril 10, 2015
Pros: Decent pay
Cons: the casino was always short handed
As a team we help open a new Mohegan Sun Casino in PA. It was a lot of long hours and it was a good challenge for our team. It was a long term success. I enjoyed my team and co workers. It was a pleasure being the supervisor of as many as 8 table games at one time.