Mohegan Sun Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Cage Cashier (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTAugust 26, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
i love this job with a passion. I enjoyed being a cage cashier and serving the patriots. I got many tips and met really great people are time. Working at the casino was one of the best jobs i ever had.
Behind the scenes which helped the business function well overall.
Banker (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTAugust 25, 2015
Decent rate of pay. Amazing benefits. This job was basically an accountant mixed with a bank teller. Responsible for large amounts of cash and anything monetarily valuable to the company. Worked as an individual in my job but also had to work as an overall team. Most enjoyable part of this job was being able to listen to your choice of music while working.
Nice job but too far from home.
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTAugust 20, 2015
Would have been better if I live closer. Working with other EVS employers was difficult seen they had other ways of doing their job that where not the same as given during training. It made it difficult for me to follow the rule while being push by other co worker to do things their way.
Good place too work can use big improvement
VIP Receptionist Aquai (Current Employee), Uncasville, CTAugust 6, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: stress, low pay
needs higher pay and less stress management needs to assume responsibility the food is a nice perk but could get redundant
Floor Supervisor
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Wilkes Barre, PaAugust 5, 2015
When we started there was absolutely no training whatsoever so we pretty much trained ourselves. It was a fun job and I enjoyed working with all of my dealers.
Uncaring management. You are just a number and expendible.
Marketing/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Customers and free lunch
Cons: Management was not knowledgeable and hard to work with.
Turn on computer, get phone messages, call backs, book in clients, customer service, office duties etc. I was not important to them. They are always right even if they are wrong. Terrible management and HR department will not help you at all. I really liked my co workers. Except for the liars and back stabbers. Dealing with management. Loved all the customers.
Greatest front line employees.
HR Finance Specialist, Human Resources (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTJuly 29, 2015
I loved the employees I worked with. The Benefits Team was among the most wonderful group I have ever worked with. I obtained an abundance of information which will be great to bring to another company.
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Plains, PaJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Free meals and great co workers
Cons: Pay def didn't match the struggle
Well this is just a few things wrong about the job...

*When i first started the job it was fun and schedule fit the times i were avail to work...

*I really enjoyed working there the first 2 1/2 months until everything started slowly changing ...

*The supervisor started changing schedules without informing us then we got pointed for not showing..

*As times passed i realized some of the – more... supervisors started nit picking at certain people (me being one)...

*A few supervisors told us workers how other supervisors were taking our tips...

*We were told that we couldn't work overtime cause most were part time emloyees bt we were giving 5 day wks with part time benefits..

* the whole point system thing sucked.

* stock people rather chat and make housekeepers wait instead of stocking and chatting when done.

* alot of equipment were broken such as vacuums and carts.

* most of the time the laundry didnt get in until after 11 which made getting 13 to 14 rooms done by 5 very very hard...

I honestly would NOT go back to work at that place unless the supervisors and some of the rules were changed... – less
Fun working environment with an ideal Service Culture
Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee), Uncasville, CTJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Appreciation, sense of belonging. Transparency, loyalty, teamwork...
Cons: Lower income and lackof benefits
Mohegan Sun has a fun working environment that is very employee oriented. It is very transparent in its management. In the last couple of years, Mohegan Sun has created a new Service Culture centered on employee engagement. It has given each employee a sense of belonging and fulfillment, as they see themselves key participants to the overall success of the company and thus, employee appreciation and morale were positively affected.
Did not enjoy feeling like just a number not an employee
Room Service Food Server (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTJuly 15, 2015
There are thousands of employees whom are employed for this company. I always felt that I was just a number instead of a person who always achieved what was expected of her and much more.
Fun work place
dealer (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTJuly 12, 2015
I love my job as a dealer.Entertaining guest and running a game.Pay and take losing bets.* hour day with 2 hrs break plus free food what more can you ask for plus benefits
Work Summary
Corporate & Leisure Sales Manager (Current Employee), Uncasville, CTJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, benefits, management.
Cons: Potential growth.
Assisting clients with superior customer service, booking hotel sale leads, assisting colleagues by answering questions, attending meetings with clients and colleagues. Creating hotel offers and closing contracts with third party online booking websites example groupon, living social, travel zoo, and booking.com. Co-workers are a pleasure to work with and the hardest thing part of my job is not being challenged enough.
Mr Security
Security Officer (Current Employee), Plains, PAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Suits provided and meals
Cons: Gained 25 lbs
I am older and was looking for a pt job to keep busy. Been with MSP for 18 months. Now full time and work Swing Shift. Love what I do. They provide my Suits and meals. Love the excitement of the slots exploding and meeting new people every shift.
Work At the sun
Security Officer (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTJune 29, 2015
Got To work At midnight.The people I worked with were all right. The manager i had was great to work for. we almost started at the same time so we worked together the whole time. The most enjoyable part was watching the patrons on the floor on the shift we had some very good stuff going on.
Overall good place to work
Garde Manger Sous Chef (Current Employee), Uncasville, CTJune 24, 2015
Pros: benefits, co-workers.
Cons: favoritism, bosses not adhering to the same rules they apply to us.
The benefit package is 2nd to none, we have our own pharmacy with most generic medications being no cost to us employees.
The hardest part of the job being the workload vs. the amount of staff we have: having to rush to get the work done compromises the quality of the product.
productive and fun atmosphere to work in
Server (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre,PAJune 21, 2015
Pros: fun staff
Cons: short breaks
During the time that i worked at Mohegan Sun I made life long friends. The management was exceptional although the hours were long and tiring.
Nice place
Poker Supervisor (Current Employee), wilkes-barre, PAJune 17, 2015
Cons: not open to new ideas, have to pay for benefits, no bonus incentive
Good benifits, have to pay for them. Free lunch.
Incharge of daily tournaments,dealer fills,daily promotions.
Current management not as available.
Love my co-workers, very helpful.
love the customers, love the shift(days)
Great Company to work for with good work/family balance
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Uncasville, CTJune 17, 2015
Pros: Great hours
Cons: smoking environment at times
My hours for this job was 9am-5pm with a little bit of travel.
I worked with the New England Based companies and had a good relationship with the meeting planners. Great office of Co-workers and enjoyed the day to day environment. Great boss to work for which allowed work and family to be balanced.
Productive and fun workplace
Pari- Mutuel Supervisor/ Teller (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTJune 3, 2015
Pros: free food, employee parking garage, healthcare
I enjoyed my job as a supervisor in the pari-mutuel department. Helping the customers was the most enjoyable part of the job. I loved my regular customers. The hardest part of the job was getting home so late some nights.
Best company I have ever worked for
Project Manager, Program Manager, PMO Manager (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTJune 1, 2015
Pros: Free lunch and other great benefits
Cons: The business is in operation 24/7, which can be a challenge for IT at times
Mohegan Sun is a fun and exciting place to work, especially in IT. There are many diverse lines of business and as a project manager, I got to experience just about all of them. The management team is top notch.