Mohegan Sun

Mohegan Sun Employer Reviews

Great Corporation
Director of Marketing Operations (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 6, 2015
If every company ran the way the Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority does, we would have a whole lot more happy workers in the world. True values to live and be guided by, team building by superiors and an overall fun place to work makes this company tops in the industry.
interseting days with interseting people
perp cook (Current Employee), uncasville ctFebruary 6, 2015
most funniest thing are the people I work with. we joke and have fun with costumers. the hardest part is the people that come in the lounge that are drunk and lost all there money. there really not all that happy and will take it out on me and my staff.
Fun Place
Dealer (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: good people, the food was good, management .like i said before that is when i was there 16 years ago.
Cons: i have nothing to say.
It was A good place to work when I was there(1999-2004 ,I can not say anything about what is going on today. The one thing I did have a problem with is how they treated a good employee who gave the company there time and effort to help the company to become successful other then that I loved the job when I was there.
A fun friendly place to work
Valet Attendant (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: free food, drive nice cars, amazing coworkers
Cons: free food, drive unsanitary cars
A regular day at work will consist of any amount of volume and weather thrown at you. I have learned to multitask and conduct myself in a professional manner. The team members I had the pleasure working with was a treat. Management was a dream and I think that they were always fair with discipline. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the guests that came into the casino. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships that I had built that will last a lifetime.
once was a great place to work where everyday was fun
Valet Attendant (Former Employee), Plains, PaFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: free meals, easy to achieve vacation time
Cons: poor management, lack of hours provided, lack of staffing, lack of organization
A typical day at work starts when you enter into the employee entrance and punch into the time clock. Then you proceed to where the office or the area where you have team meeting before your shift starts. After working 4 and 1/2 years in the same place, I learned things which have helped me grow up in the last few years such as handling stressful situations and learning to work with other people that are not like you

I feel the management can be better because when things get too crazy, there is just complete communication breakdown when it is most required. While some of the co-workers are some of the greatest people I have had the pleasure of working with, others have an immature mentality which makes work unenjoyable.
Fun work to work
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free lunches, good breaks.
Cons: expensive insurance
Good place to work.I execute my job with little follow-up.I fallow regulations, policies and procedures.we have nice team workers.I am very responsible for my job,always i have a good attitude and i try to perform my job with accuracy.
Nice place to work and very nice people to work with.
Supervisor (Former Employee), CageJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: $8 a day allotment for food, medical benefits, and ability to switch shifts with your co-workers.
Cons: not enough help, lazy co-workers and shift managers, having to do three jobs by myself with no help from upper management, miserable patrons and co-workers.
My day at work consisted of punching in no more than Twenty minutes before my start time. I supervised my cashiers and bankers and help solve any problems or concerns that came up. I had lunch in the company cafeteria which gave us an allotment of $8 a day. I then punched out after being relieved by the following shift and relaying any important information. I learned how to count money and to keep my work area neat and organized. The managers were ok, although not too prevalent in my daily duties. My co-workers were of different races, ages, and nationalities. There were the good ones that worked hard and were dependable. There were some lazy and not so dependable. The hardest part of the job was doing two to three jobs at once, supervisor, cashier, and banker for example. All at the same time. The most enjoyable part was making sure the guests and my co-workers had an enjoyable time.
Productive and Interesting workplace
Player Development Coordinator (Former Employee), MarketingJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free lunch or breakfast, gym
Cons: the long walk from the entrance to the office
Reviewing messages left for executives was always the most interesting part of the day. Patrons wanting tickets to shows, limos, dinner and rooms gave me a chance to review play and book what they were looking for. Most of the time it was yes, it was saying no that got tricky.
Productive fun place
Arena Concession Line Server (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTJanuary 21, 2015
I worked for two different departments. I always had something different to do. I enjoy working with different people and different backgrounds. I got to learned a lot of different things from the job and the people itself. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to meet a lot of new people and hear a lot of the clients background.
Friendly place and great work environment
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTJanuary 16, 2015
Had so much fun working for this company, and learned a lot of what it is like to work in the "real world" since this was only an internship for me. I had a lot of different opportunities to meet with other departments to view what it was like to run the company as a whole.
Excellent people to work with
Representative (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: expensive health care and a lot of the benefits of working there taken away.
Answering the phones as soon as I come in. Providing superior customer service. In putting data into the computer systems. Excellent computer skills. The people I worked with and interacted with on a daily bases where excellent. Hardest part of the job was that I could have always used more hours in the day and stopping working. The people were the most enjoyable part of the job.
Productive and fun workplace with lots of artists
Stage Hand (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: free meals, increase pay, meet famous people, get free tshirts
Cons: not enough pay, demanding hours
I was responsible for unloading the staging and equipment used for sporting and entertainment events off the truck and loaded it back in after the show was done. In between we set up the lights, sound, staging and costumes that were to be used for the show. Many times adjustments to the arena were made accordingly. Such as seating, front of house and back stage. Anything that was needed for the performers was provided to better accommodate them.
Working with fantastic and dedicated people
Poker Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: free food comfortable break room
Cons: constantly changing time starts from day to day.
I worked with a group of passionate and dedicated people trying to do an almost impossible job. We supported and helped each other.
I learned that the same situation occurring at different times can and will probably have different solutions.
The hardest part of my job was servicing different customers and supervisors at the same time. Quite often their needs conflicted with each other.
As I said the most enjoyable part of my job was watching a patron win big and working with the best group of co-workers that anyone could have.
Not a place where i want to advance in life
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Uncasville, CTJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free snacks
Cons: pay rate
I drive the bus all night long relieve co-workers for breaks. I do enjoy meeting new people and famous singers. I love to work, being on time, and enjoy meeting others. Manangemet on my shift are good people to work for. I like keeping busy and there are days that it is slow. But overall it is a fine place to work if you enjoy not being too busy.

I also have experience working for security .Am willing to relocate if there is any job openings in Blacksburg VA surrounding areas.

If need more information. Please do not hesistate to call me.

GG
Good workplace
Credit analyst (Former Employee), ConnecticutJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: working in the casino world
Cons: second had smoke
Typical day was to underwrite new credit proposals and update existing credit files. Management was great to work with. Co-workers were very pleasant. Hardest part of the job was working from 9 p.m to 4 a.m. Enjoyable part of the job was getting a meal each day provided by the employer.
Fun, fast paced work environment with an opportunity for personal growth
Slot Shift Manager (Current Employee), Mohegan Sun at Pocono DownsDecember 15, 2014
Great place to work! Focused on promoting from within, therefore provides a great opportunity to expand your skill set.
Great atmosphere to work in
Valet Attendant (Current Employee), Wilkes-Barre PennsylvaniaDecember 7, 2014
Pros: great people, friendly environment
Cons: working late hours, hours cut
A typical day at Mohegan Sun at Pocono downs in the valet department is a great experience for anyone who likes being active and working outside. You get to collaborate with great coworkers, while focusing on getting the job done. I learned many things while working in the valet department. I learned motivation and organizational skills through the management team. They set incentives for those who work hard to show they appreciate our dedication. The co-workers are great to be around, and create a positive atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is working until 2 or 3 in the morning, and trying to maintain a regular sleeping schedule. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with great people and experiencing a great atmosphere that Mohegan Sun creates.
Mohegan sun is a great place to work with many opportunities at your feet. There are almost always job openings throughout the company and plenty of c
Room Service Food Server (Current Employee), Uncasville, CTDecember 4, 2014
Pros: mohegan doesn't just pay for you to take a break, they also allow you to spend eight dollars of the companies money for lunch, they have break rooms, and smoke areas in very convenient locations
Cons: one con to working at mohegan sun is if you are a non-smoker, no matter what you do for a job you will experience the smell of smoke in one way or another.
My typical day at Mohegan is an eight hour work shift. It is a very fun and friendly place to work. Everyone is very polite and helpful. I've learned so much from Mohegan, I've learned mostly about customer service and how important it is.
Valet Attendant (Current Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 26, 2014
Mohegan Sun cares about their employees. It is a great environment and the other employees are great people.
Had a great team.
Engineering Manager (Current Employee), Uncasville, CTNovember 23, 2014
Pros: free uniforms and free meal
Cons: health care goes up to much each year
Was a great place to work just no retirement. There is nothing negative to say except about no retirement. Everyday was a good day.

1 2 3 4 5

About Mohegan Sun

The sun also rises at Mohegan Sun, a gaming and entertainment complex run by the Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority for the Mohegan – Read more