Venture and Government backed Startup Company in Sunnyvale, CA developing advanced power products is searching for a Senior Electrical Engineer.
The company is targeting a market segment projected to be over $4 B in 3 years and has a leading edge technology protected by over 30 granted and pending patents and several customers in the pipeline. The company is developing products for top-tier Consumer Electronics (mobile phone, camera, laptop, etc.) and Automotive OEM customers and is in the process of expanding its staff.
This is an opportunity for an experienced (more than 10 years of experience) electrical engineer who brings innovative electrical engineering and embedded system expertise to help the engineering team with various design, testing, and product development activities of the company. The technology includes power supply / magnetics design, battery charger design, analog and digital circuitry and microcontrollers for control. The candidate should be confident and capable of working on his / her own but also able to interact with other team members and provide oral and written reports. Experience with developing multiple simultaneous hardware and firmware products, product test requirements, FCC, UL, and EMI certification, documentation and working with manufacturing team to develop and manufacture products is necessary.
This is a hands-on position for product development with substantial growth opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and modeling of power, analog, and digital circuits
- Design of closed loop and PID loops for power and voltage control in power supply
- Testing and improvement of circuit designs
- Circuit layout, outsourcing for build, assembly and testing
- Electrical / mechanical / thermal characterization (modeling a plus)
- Development of BOM, costing, design specs and test results
- Provide oral and written reports to management and customers
- Actively contribute to the firmware development
- Familiarity with many various microcontrollers is required (Texas Instruments a plus)
Must have background and experience as follows:
- Must have power supply design experience
- Current hands-on Engineering skills in hardware and firmware development for embedded systems
- Demonstrated innovation with a track record of power design background
- Circuit layout, build and assembly experience
- Flexibility to work in a small company start-up environment, and enthusiasm to handle a wide range of tasks as needed
- Must be local
Education & Experience
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering
- Over 10 Years of related Electrical Engineering experience
Additional Desirable Experience:
- Experience in prototyping with mechanical engineering
- Some experience with Contract Manufacturers and Mobile devices
- Experience with Electromagnetic Emission and other Regulatory standards
- Magnetic and thermal modeling experience
Compensation: Dependent on Experience; Potential for equity at early stage company.
Principals only. Recruiters: please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job.
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.