MojoPages is local search directory that helps people find the best businesses possible. Launched in 2007, MojoPages applies real-time social media trending and reviews from across the web to help people find the best businesses possible. Locate what businesses are trending NOW in your area and across the country. MojoPages also helps you figure out what neighborhoods are best suited to you. If you're traveling to a new destination or just want to explore new businesses in your area the app we are creating will be the one for you.
We are small motivated team, VC funded and Profitable since Q3 of 2011.
Are you a creative UX Designer with a strong sense of aesthetics and a desire to innovate?
Do you specialize in designing intuitive, inviting user interfaces for modern browsers and mobile devices?
MojoPages is looking for a talented designer who has the skill to not only create compelling graphics, but the ability to apply their creations to a user-centered design. A strong graphic designer portfolio is a good start, but we’re looking for more than just GD experience. The ability to position and control UI elements is critical, along with an understanding of how to construct designs flexible enough to display across multiple browsers, screen sizes, platforms and devices. But most importantly, we are looking for a designer that will be able to understand how users will instinctively want to interact with the UI and provide them with the ability to perform their tasks intuitively.
You will work on all user-facing elements of the application including layout, modals, navigation, icons, and more.
You will also provide design alternatives, wireframes, mockups, and design specifications.
The perfect candidate will have an online professional portfolio including Web sites and mobile applications.
About the role
Our product integrates with social media platforms and business directories. We've built the 1.0 version proving the model and now need to build out the 2.0 version that will really provide consumers with unique value.
We have a fun dev process that uses Lean Startup principles and a flat structure. Everyone is an owner!
We have a small but extremely impactful team. We solve problems aggressively, learn a ton along the way and have a lot of fun doing it.
We need someone who will:
- Have a strong desire to build something BIG and impactful that people actually use
- Participate in the business and aggressively solve problems
- Be part of a design process involving research, experimentation, and revision
- Incorporate usability testing feedback
- Elicit constructive feedback and is capable of interpreting that feedback into design solutions
- Perform field research to discover and implement important design details that people may not realize they need
- Collaborate with others and work well with developers and product management
- Demonstrate familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Ability to solve all sorts of design challenges with creativity, efficiency and precision; a full stack designer (interaction, usability, graphic design)
- UI and UX Design expertise
- Skilled at building original web sites and applications focused on user experience.
- Demonstrated custom web and mobile design skills that show creativity
- Must be self-directed, confident and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, both written and spoken English, with both technical and not-so-technical people
- Ability to explain why a design works or why it doesn’t
- Fun to work with
- Relevant undergraduate degree or 2 - 3 years of web and user application design experiences
- Able to integrate UX into Agile development practices through short development cycles
- Strong visual design skills: Latest trends, color and typography
- Strong interaction design skills: wireframing, prototyping
- A passion for semantic mark-up and standards
- Some experience with HTML, CSS (proficiency is not required)
- Experience with: iOS design, Android design, front-end design, OSX design, interaction design, GUI design or usability is a nice-to-have
More about MojoPages
Values - Our culture is built on transparency and the need to improve the daily experience for consumers finding local businesses. We believe in taking ownership of what we do, learning continuously and celebrating our wins together.
- Competitive salary and stock options at a profitable company
- An incredible team to work with
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401 (k) with matching
- Flexible vacation and sick days
This is a local position in San Diego, CA, please no remote workers or recruiters.