Molecular Devices Employee Reviews

Trying to turn things around
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 15, 2017
Good company and people. I can see the management and HR are trying to do more for the employees like events and having more all hands meetings. I hope they keep it up.
Fun place to work, great people and friendly
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Work hard and play hard environment. Monthly parties courtesy of the company makes for a great place and easy to find people in to company that have something in common with.
Good place to work, but outsourcing job positions to China, India, Austria
Sr. Electronics Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 15, 2016
MDC started out as a fun and diverse workplace with a passion for rapidly developing bleeding edge equipment and software. Growth was organic and complementary cultivating amazing product lines, especially their software.
Subsequently acquired by MDS, and later Danaher it has been through several major culture shifts.
Currently MDC is a division of Danaher and it tightly integrated with Sciex (MDS-Analytical Technologies). As with all Danaher divisions it is lean. Think laser etched. As such there is little room for new product development or innovation as in the past. Like all Danaher divisions MDC will continue to sell it's existing product lines with minor improvements focused on efficiency.
Cons
Outsourcing job positions to China, India, Austria
Great bio-tek product lines, good working environment
Sr. Manager, Systems Engineering (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 1, 2015
Good leadership with streamlined long term vision
Associates are treated professionally
Highly competitive among project teams for resources
Great benefits
Nice co-workers
Sales (Former Employee) –  Rather not sayDecember 6, 2014
I cannot speak to the organization as it exists today; it is my understanding there has been so much turnover since I left, I would have very little idea what the current makeup of the company looks like.

That said, when I left it is not somewhere I would ever consider returning. Much of the reason for this is due to the complete vacuum in terms of management support and innovation, the life's blood of any company like this.

On the positive side, people outside of management were friendly and did their best to be helpful. I would definitely consider hiring people from Molecular Devices, but I would never recommend working there to anyone.
Pros
Attractive base salary
Cons
Everything else
Excellent company with Yoga sessions
Web Editor (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 11, 2014
Enjoyed working for intelligent team players. Very flexible on work hours.
Day to day
Price Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 19, 2013
Global Sales support, fast moving and high stress to meet goals.
This was a very good place to work
Service Accountant (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CaliforniaJune 15, 2012
I was the head accountant in the service department. I did not know that I had a broken back at the time that I worked at this position. Shortly after I left the position I found out that I could not work in a full time position. While I was working in this position I was in a tremendous amount of pain but I worked through it. I had to leave because I had an arrangement with my son's father for split custody and he took a job back in our home town, making the commute to see my son too far to drive with my back in the condition it was in. So I quit this job after only working their for 5 months.
Pros
i got a lot of accounting experience.
Cons
there was tension among the employees because i oversaw the employees regarding the finances.