Molex Employee Reviews

many machines to doing it by hand
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLJanuary 15, 2018
I had learned to use about 7 machines to make products. Some were very easy, one was a little hard. The hard machine had to be set up using a computer which took about a week to learn. Much preferred the hard one than the easy ones.
good
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 9, 2018
it was great was real great good pay good manager it was good worked with great people good benefits nice pay i worked there for 4 years and the environment was safe and the employees were nice very good company
Management was usually great but could change in a second.
Set-up Operator (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARJanuary 5, 2018
Had a family issue and they were unwilling to work with me which is why I had to leave. Could have been more understanding only needed a few days off that the point system they use wouldn't allow.
Competitive poorly managed division
Strategic Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILDecember 26, 2017
The senior leadership team was dysfunctional at best and has since been fired. The management never followed through on completion of any assignments and directionless. This is not a reflection of the company as a whole, but of the division I was assigned to.
I would love to find a job just like I had at Molex
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 21, 2017
As a trainer every time I got to train someone I learned something new I missed. The management treated me with respect and they do not want me to leave. The reference I will get from them will be great. I don't know how to say how great my work was, I loved everything I did, the people, the leads, supervisors and management were and are great. The hardest part of my job is leaving it. But I know that if I ever return to NE I will get my job back. the most enjoyable part of my job was going in every day. A typical day would be greeting everyone, doing exercises, finding what line I was going to be on, and if I would be training that day, one person on the line or if I was going to run between to lines to train 2 persons, I loved it. It was mostly sit down on the EOL with getting up to move boxes and pallets. I LOVED MY JOB. I have lots of respect for my company because they hire part time persons with disabilities, seniors needing supplement income, students and they try to work around all those needs.
Pros
clean safe work environment, great way to supplement income
Cons
because of part time no benifits.
Overall a great company
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 16, 2017
The department and the plant in general was run on the Buddy System. It hurt objectivity. The culture was "The employee is the most important asset" when I started and turned to "The employee can be replaced by anyone".
Pros
There were opportunities.
Cons
The buddy system was at play.
Very racist against white people
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARDecember 3, 2017
Unfairly let go bc i went to hr to report misconduct and bullying. Somebody lied about me and they never spoke to my witness.! No place for advancement if your not like
Benefits
Cons
One sided, management does not care about. Laborers
Do not recommend
Huma Resources Senior Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILNovember 29, 2017
The company does not acknowledge diversity in the workplace. Very few minorities and women in management positions. There was no room for advancement.
Slow paced, even slower workers
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARNovember 23, 2017
I tried to do my best and work hard, only to be told by full time employees i need to slow down, I make them look bad. The work was very basic and could be done very fast. Employees slow down the process, all the while expecting raises and bonuses. I did not enjoy this aspect of the job.
Pros
easy work, low supervision unless needed more
Cons
Lazy employees made me not want to be there
great learning experience
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CANovember 22, 2017
Molex was one of the many jobs that i actually loved working at. unfortunately due to the low pay rate i had to quit my job and find something to meet my needs.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
pour pay rate
Not a bad place to work
Senior Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILNovember 22, 2017
Not a bad place to work just poor management and very few advancement opportunities. Stable but compencation is on the low end of compare to the market.
Pros
stable place to work
Cons
no advancement, poor management
Overall a good place to work- however
Sr. SI Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MANovember 20, 2017
A good place to work, but it requires really understanding the culture that is a bit hard to figure out. You need to be able to 'read-between-the-lines', know who you can trust and who you can't (not unlike other large companies I'm sure).
Pros
Benefits packge, very upfront on the culture they want to create
Cons
Need to develop strong relationships in oprder to get people to be honest with you
Fun work
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 15, 2017
5 days/week (Mon-Fri)
more experience in inspector field
enjoyable job, working with people to make sure products is in perfect condition before shipping
Good Stuff
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 9, 2017
I liked working there. I worked at Molex for just over a year and enjoyed the paycheck and the culture. I did not like that management did not hold people accountable. I left to finish my degree at a faster pace.
Easy job
Assembly Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARNovember 7, 2017
There is no hard labor, it is a very relaxing work environment. The management there is awesome, laid back, and will work with you through any of daily life situations with their employees.
Pros
They show their appreciation for the employees hard work
Cons
Breaks are too short, and not enough lunch time
Busy, active, employee involved days
SENIOR HUMAN RECOURCES GENERALIST (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 29, 2017
Every day is different when dealing with employees. Some days hard to work on long term projects due to interruptions. Have learned to re-prioritize daily activities by the hour some some days. Most days are rewarding and other days and stressful but manageable.
Pros
Self directed - not micro managed
Cons
long hours, direction of company
Productive and positive work place for one livelihood!
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee) –  Injection Molding DepartmentOctober 26, 2017
The company's very passion for dedication to quality,efficiency and core values to provide a valuable product or service to it's customers. It's great
Pros
Learning more about injection molding departments
Cons
12 hr shifts
Good Environment
AWS / DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILOctober 26, 2017
Recommended to every people, awesome place to gain knowledge and enhance your skills. Even gave me all sort of requirement for the completion of the project .
Poorly managed workplace with low advancement and little to no concern for worker safety
Operator (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILOctober 19, 2017
Fairly balanced workload and guaranteed 8 hrs a day. I was able to sharpen my skills as a lift truck driver when I was there. Molex has a problem with favortism amongst the management and they do not like to hire on temps within any reasonable time frame.
Focus on independent work and development
Mechanical Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILOctober 10, 2017
Overall, Molex is a good place to work. The benefits seem to be good, but pay is pretty standard. Molex as a company is very large so there are lots of different positions and groups available to join, which is good if you're looking for a particular job.
Pros
Lots of individual work/control
Cons
Any project can become number 1 priority depending on the week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Molex. Our community is ready to answer.