Molex Employee Reviews

Fast paced and hot
Mill Operator (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILMarch 14, 2017
They make the job sound good but really it is not. The training in not professional as it should be. If you are not bilingual then training is even harder and they do not help out with that and you have to do your best to try to keep up under poor conditions
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING
Has it's own gym,
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 14, 2017
Lots of changes going on with management at the time, coworkers can be very nice and fun to be around, certain positions can be physically demanding.
Pros
good pay with decent benefits
Cons
not a very family oriented company
Molex
Senior Desktop \ Regional Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILFebruary 20, 2017
Great company to work for with a great team support. Fast paced and well documented troubleshooting docs. Great bunch of guys if you needed help on a issue you could not solve.
Fair and growing employer.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILFebruary 9, 2017
My experience with Molex was educational. I had a fair amount of work, but certainly not too much. There was a system in place for mentoring new employees. The accounting department seems to be pushed a little harder than some of the other departments, but this behavior is common in business. There were occasional long hours, but it is similar to other accounting positions so there in no cause for alarm.
Pros
Food court and fitness center
Cons
Long commute
No direct mangement. Co-workers are not team players.
First Article Inspector/Technician - Hired (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJanuary 20, 2017
Miscommunication between quality leads and management down through workplace. One hand is not aware of what the other is doing. Apparent rivalry from upper management to middle management trickles on down and impedes workers attitudes to carry the same.
Poor scheduling and tracking methods of inspection work. Work schedule is terribly untimely. The actual time spent on a job by an inspector is grossly over-rated. Middle Management is totally distant from worker relationship which allows the inspectors to exaggerate the schedule to take more time than it should to complete an inspection.
This apparently is not followed up on and hence, the work agenda is severely backlogged.
Pros
Hot/Cold lunch line; work out room
Cons
No methology on how to rate a skilled worker, is all done on hearsay via co-workers, so if you display advanced knowledge one will tend to ultimately get excluded.
If you like money, you will like to work here
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 19, 2017
Molex is based on hard work with great benefits and competitive pay. Molex doesn't really have a culture it pushes innovation on employees with higher education. Molex is high pace, be prepared to work hard, and think on your feet.
It's a great place to work
Assembly Operator (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 21, 2016
I work the night shift and people there are like family as long as you work hard every day or in my case (night) you'll have no problemoooo. I need 150 letters....lol
Pros
Gym, Library, break rooms that look like convenience stores
Cons
Healthcare double pay on weekends triple pay on weekends for full time employees
its ok
Builder (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARDecember 11, 2016
the lay offs when work is low is the worst part of working at molex in all its an ok place I had a fine time while I was working there
Use to be a great place to work
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Maumelle, ARDecember 2, 2016
It's a good job, I used to love it. Like the saying goes find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life. Well that's how it was until they were bought out. Things have gotten worse. Management has no idea what they are doing superiors are clueless and have no backbone, and some of the people that are employed there within the last few years still don't grasp the basics of the job. Management
has let some employees get away with not running machines, being elsewhere other than the place they should be. And writing people up who have had clean records that have been there 15yrs plus without investigation.
If I could find a job with the same pay or better, I would quit! This place didn't change for the better.
Pros
Pay, vacation, medical insurance
Cons
Unqualified management, supervisors, employees and dental insurance
questionable
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILNovember 16, 2016
management/supervisor-indifferent;training-poor quality minimal
work environment-could be considered hostile,
most enjoyable part of job-quitting time
Pros
the cafe
Cons
all aspects of the unit
Great Company
Sr. Human Resource Associate (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILOctober 25, 2016
Great company, CEO and like are very dedicated to the growth and development of their employees. Would recommend this manufacturing company to anyone looking for work in this industry.
Sit down job, inspecting parts they made.
inspector (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 24, 2016
Worked in a warehouse environment, making sure parts was up to standards! Got along with co-workers well, helped each other out worked full time nights.
Engineering Techician
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAOctober 11, 2016
Working in a small dynamic engineering team, we have set product goals to meet quarterly. I work closely with a group of engineers that are motivated and innovative, like me. The culture of the company is very cohesive. I have enjoyed working here with much gratitude, and I hope to accrue the same with a new company in the mid-west where my parents reside.
productice
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 28, 2016
Acceptable environment to work in. Schedule was glecible and environment was safe. Never had any issues with management or peers. Would recommend to anyone if their busi ess got better.
Pros
flexible schedule
productive
Electrical Test (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 23, 2016
nice place with nice people. People work love teamwork. The company is getting more productive time to time. I think that helps to it to be competitive.
Productive and a fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILSeptember 22, 2016
Normal place to work at, I have learned many things about Molex and what they do. Management is ok. co workers are very friendly.
Pros
Great Cafeteria
Cons
NA
Not Trustworty Management
Metrology Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 20, 2016
Challenging environment with pressure to grow.. A lack of process and documentation makes getting things completed efficiently difficult. A long tenured workforce and management team will continue to operate as they have and fail to improve quickly enough.

You don't find out that they are really Liars until after you hire in!!
They talk about Integrity being number one, but turns out is at bottom of their List.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Lack of Strategic Direction, Clicquey, Infighting among team.
Productive and positive
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARAugust 29, 2016
I worked as a part-time employee and it was very convenient for me since I am a full time student. My co-workers were friendly and helpful. I learned how to manufacture and produce cable connectors that are shipped worldwide. I enjoyed working there until they laid-off all the part time employees, which I was really upset about. I loved my job!
Very good place to work
Product Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, IL 60069July 8, 2016
Molex is a well run company. They care about the well being of their employees. The training is exceptional. The work environment is comfortable.
productive work setting, very educational
Assembler / Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 5, 2016
Molex is a great company to work for. Management is great. My day consisted in clocking in at midnight and working to 7am. I learned how to operate machines, calculate measurements on products, and how to maintain certain machines when they breakdown. My co-workers were great. I love meeting new people so it was a great place to work and I wish I could have transferred my job when I moved. I would still be employed there.
Pros
Benefits/pay
Cons
No grace period for clocking in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Molex. Our community is ready to answer.