Molina Healthcare Employer Reviews

Rotten job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Miami, FlJuly 10, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
A terrible place to work, corporate paying off meedicaid hospital claims with proper auth. Management definetly needs help! Unexperienced, how can you have a manager of a department who is 26yrs of age????????????/
Nice place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 7, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: working evening shift
exciting and interesting coworkers very nice and friendly
Loved helping members on the phone with their situations
Productive and freindly place to work .
Medical Assistant Float (Current Employee), Wilmington, CAJuly 1, 2014
Being productive and administering good pt. care. Always ready and willing to learn new things to give our patients the best care they deserve.
Productive free environment
Enrollment Clerk, Temp (Former Employee), Bothell, WAJune 26, 2014
Pros: fast paced environment
Cons: long days
Typical day at work was daily mail and data entry, Sometimes having to call insurance companies to verify benefits. I learned a lot about state insurance and coverage. Management was great and helpful as well as my co workers. Hardest part of my job was the fact that we spend 10 hours a day at a desk only doing data entry with only a half hour lunch – more... and two breaks. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to go back and see what I had accomplished that day. – less
LPN, Community Connector (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJune 11, 2014
Fun atmosphere, for both remote and grounded employees. Workign remote is made really easy for everyone to learn.
Extremely rewarding experience in assisting members to benenfits of medical care.
Primary Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Farmington, NMMay 24, 2014
Pros: my schedule allows me to meet co-workers and friends for lunch independently.
Cons: case oad was very large.
Molina gave me the opportunity to manage member's health care. I learned the newest information on the new healthcare benefits available since the start of Centennial Care . I was ale to manage my schedule , and my travel. The hardest part of the job, was waiting for more staff to be hired., as my case load was huge and we were short of help. The enjoyable – more... part is driving and meeting members on the reservations and leaning so much about their life stories. – less
Good Place
Member Service Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 23, 2014
Pros: incentives
Cons: short lunches
Always something new going on
Learned more about company and how it started
Treated new employees to a trip to Corporate office in California
Not a good place to work at in Miami
Desktop Support (Former Employee), Doral, FLMay 20, 2014
Pros: great employees and office site
Cons: over-worked, under paid, management is not vested in the employees
As a former employee. There were promises made and never kept. I was hired as a TEMP employee and after nine months Molina did not want to be in TEMP employee business. They sent me and others to any agency where I lost all my accumulated days and started over from day 1. Like most business's they never hire from an agency/firm because it costs to much – more... money to buy the contract.
The employees are very nice but they are over worked. The amount of work that comes in for the departments is so overwhelming that most employees have to work nights and Saturdays just to keep up with the work load. The employees are all dedicated and great. But they are always tired and are not happy with the work load.
I do not recommend this place to work because there is to much stress and enough benefits at the end of the day. – less
Temporary Job
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Long Beach, CA 90802May 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches for work well done.
Cons: short breaks, highly stressful
- Answer all inbound calls and assist members with any issues.
- Transferring patients primary care physicians per patients request
- Management was great
- Co-workers were friendly.
- Coping with stressful 90 calls a day.
- Members satisfaction.
Molina Healthcare.
Provider Service Representative II (Former Employee), Long Beach, CaliforniaMay 8, 2014
Pros: job security.
Cons: micromanagment and unfettered bureaucracy.
The job in and of itself is terrific. Spent a great deal of time receiving calls, and inquiries from Members or Providers. Responsibilities included follow up actions, assisting with questions regarding Primary Care Provider assignments, eligibility, resolving billing issues, prior authorizations, referrals and general questions, and claims examination.
Good benefits, poor management
IT (Former Employee), FloridaMay 6, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: low morale, mediocrity is rewarded
After my over one year tenure at one of their health plan offices, working for the corporate entity, I enjoyed working for Molina, their management lacks vision, and makes all of the sudden decisions that affect team morale.

Above and beyond work is hardly ever noticed or rewarded, supervisors are very lenient and do not make an effort to enforce company – more... policies.

Not a bad place to learn about the healthcare industry and move on, promotions are based on who you know, not how well you do your job, it's the old Molina network that gets ahead. – less
Overall Positive Place to work
UM Supervisor I (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 23, 2014
Good company to work
Good Benfits
Growing company
Positive Culture
Loved the position/job responsibilities not the company
Community Health Worker (Former Employee), Bothell, WAApril 21, 2014
The position was great- felt like I was making a difference in someones' life on a daily basis

Management is out of touch w/ the population served

There is a mixed bag of competent workers vs. non
MEDICARE SERVICES SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Midvale, UTApril 11, 2014
A nice place to work if you don't mind the call center environment
Former Customer Service Employee Houston
Provider Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 4, 2014
Pros: good pay for the job description
Cons: micro managed
The company sounds great when in orientation but when back to the home site the company culture isn't observed.
its ok
Member Service Representative (Current Employee), Troy, MIApril 3, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: poor management
lots of company changes, people are nice and work hours are good.
Working in the Utilitization Management Department
Correspondence Processor (Current Employee), Oakbrook, IllinoisMarch 18, 2014
Pros: training, working as a team
Cons: activities
The most enjoyable part of the job is sending out via fax on a timely manner basis.
Fast paced...great and fun co-workers!
Member/Provider Service Rep II (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 5, 2014
helping members and providers with benefits and services available to them
Large company who cares too much about the numbers vs people.
Utilization Management Supervisor (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 2, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: lack if opportunities to grow and hard work will eat you up and spit you out!
Started out as a good place to work. Soon turned into a company that lacks leadership and does not care enough about developing its employees. The company will make promises and then not deliver. If your a self starter who just wants a job - then by all means apply. But if you want to make a difference and your caring - run!!!
Molina Healthcare
SR Corporate Recruiter/Talent Acquisition/HR (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAFebruary 26, 2014
Great place to work the company cares, Good/Great Managers and all around Great culture. Everyone is smiling, which is hard to find.

1 2 3 4 5

About Molina Healthcare

Navigating the murky waters of federal health care plans is no easy feat, but Molina Healthcare's mission is to¬†help Medicaid – Read more