Molina Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great Senior Staff, Incompetent Lower Level Management
Nurse Manager I (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 6, 2016
Great company values. Not the best environment for moving up in a timely fashion. The majority of the work outcome was based on Medicaid Members and their willingness to participate in Hedis prevention programs.
One of the best place to work
Sr. Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 16, 2016
One of the best place to work, good experience in ping pong table excellent team coordination. I learned a lot how to mingle and how to handle team. My team manager was very helpful he is given a suggestions how to work in there.
amazing company when i started but untrained management sent everything downhill
Records Collector (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 14, 2016
Not a bad company just my department once management changed we were giving a boss who micromanaged every part of are day even though are department had a good track record
If you don't measure up to unrealistic standards, you'll be fired
Provider Contract Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 2, 2016
As a previous employee of the OH Plan, I am greatly disappointed by the SC Plan. I know each State is different, but the treatment of its employees should not be.
After struggling for over 2 years, with numerous attempts to get help with workload, I was terminated just as I was getting caught up.
Pros
Good Insurance
Cons
Management sucks
Great Benefits
Correspondence Processor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 18, 2016
Molina is a great place to work with friendly co-workers that work great as a team as well as independently! I learned to verify member eligibility. I also learned to identify, if a member is delegated to an IPA(Independent Physicians Assoc.) and to look at contracts(DOFR) to verify who is responsible for services being requested. I learned about Adult Day Care, Skilled Nursing Facility/Bed hold, and Quality control to save money.
Pros
great location view, great benefits
Cons
too far to commute, bit of a distance between parking and office
Given constructive feedback make sure job functions are carried out.
Clerical Support (HEDIS Project) (Former Employee) –  3000 Corporate Exchange, Columbus, OHOctober 15, 2016
A typical day at work is:
* Unlock box for edit slips, call-in slips & vacation forms

* Pick up previous day staffing schedule for Operating rm. staff - balance daily work hours in Kronos payroll system.

* Pick up 3-ring binders' for PACU & PreOp units - to balance & round off hours in payroll timekeeping system.

* Page staff members' regarding missed punches, etc.
* Run absent reports' for managers' in all services units.
* Organize personal & office files
* Run reports for "shift differential" for three (3) units.

Learned: "How to manage my time" more effectively.
Management: Learned their needs & how to better assist them.

Co-workers: Working together in all situations'.

Hardest part of the job: There are several shifts on the units', not always able to reach staff during my shift for questions about their punches at the time-clocks.

Enjoyable: Everyone is friendly & willing to assists each other.
Pros
Very challenging
Cons
Fast pace environment, unable to meet staff (225/each)
check void
Claim adjuster/claims processor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 24, 2016
this is one of the best companies I ever work for. this company will teach you anything you need to know to help you far as learning to advance. this company is a company that will give you that extra go on any opportunity you would like to do
Lost its foundation
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCMay 15, 2016
They lure you in with niceties, then reality sets in. The SC branch is not representative of the corporate Molina vision. It's Top heavy with people who are nonproductive, too comfortable with a title, and catty. It recruits, but the retention rate is low. Beware: even if you get the job...consider it a temporary one. You will quit or they will fire you with no warning. I'm not disgruntled...I was compensated well, but couldn't tolerate the culture.
Pros
Reasonable pay and compensation package
Cons
Decent insurance plans for you, but many providers mistake your personal insurance for that of the state and deny service
productive busy
Concurrent Review Nurse (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 28, 2016
I enjoy Molina Healthcare INC. It is a fortune 500 company started by a MD and his wife for those less advantaged to help them get access to proper healthcare. I find it very rewarding to work at Molina. One of the best jobs I have every held.
Pros
supportive environment
Cons
workload varies and can be rough
They could do better
Associate Configuration Analyst (Current Employee) –  Carson, CASeptember 8, 2016
For one of the largest healthcare companies in the world, they are definitely lacking. They hire a lot of family members within the same departments which of course limits opportunity for unrelated people.
Flexible with life schedule
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 13, 2016
Molina is very flexible with working around every day life situations. This is a good place to gain some experience but moving up in the company is very difficult to do and pay/benefits are not that great.
Pros
flexible with time off
Cons
low pay, had to move up with the company
Specialist, Premium Billing (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 22, 2016
Seeking a challenging role within an organization where I can expand my knowledge and fully utilize my skills and capabilities while assisting the organization in the execution of its strategic plan.
Receptionist
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 28, 2016
Typical day open lobby first thing , meet and greet staff and visitors, verify access to building daily, sitting spreadsheets, room bookings, scheduling equipment for meetings via other sites,
Pros
Great Benefits, Great Culture
Great place to work for
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 9, 2016
The nursing facility department is great. The supervisors are respectful and do not use their authority to mistreat their employees. They are flexible with individuals who have children. This place is the best job I've had so far.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Yearly raises are not great
Good company
Inquiry D/A resolution coordinator (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 26, 2016
Molina healthcare is a good place to work. offers 401k which it matches as well as health and dental benefits sick paid days and a life insurance plan sponsored by the company. room for advancement is provided.
Pros
established company
Cons
short lunch
Exemplary company. Great job environment and culture.
Learning Facilitator (Current Employee) –  San Juan, Puerto RicoNovember 22, 2016
Great advancement opportunities and encouragement to succeed. A great place to obtain the knowledge needed to grow as a professional in the healthcare industry.
Unprofessional environment
N/A (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 12, 2016
Very unprofessional staff...management does not do anything when incidents are reported...energy draining environment...performance is not considered when raises are given out everyone gets the same amount..
Great Place to work
Provider Relations/Contract Negations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 15, 2016
Molina cares about their employees and is a great place to work. The only downfall is once you get in a certain department it is hard to move up or move out.
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
advancement
Mission Driven Organization with Considerable Growth and Opportunity, but unrealistic in many of their initiatives.
Supervisor, Case Management (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 1, 2016
Decent organization, mission driven. Basic work principles and ethics are commendable, but due to incredible growth, unrealistic with some initiatives. Leadership team with much potential but too much focus on profit creates an unwelcoming work environment. Staff generally unhappy and turnover is higher than it should be. Efforts are not appreciated and although work and life balance is encouraged, it is not respected.
Pros
Mission driven, dedicated to needs of members and community
Cons
Do not appreciate employee strengths, compensation and annual rewards are insulting.
Productive and fun place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 12, 2016
Nice place to work very organized and had very good benefits and it was very close to home my typical day was helping patients over the phone with there health insurance

2.8