Molina Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great Company
Bilingual Enrollment Growth Senior Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 13, 2017
Great Company to work for love it just short lunch not enough parking. They train you, care for you, help you. Great management team very motivated. I would recommend working here.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
short lunch 30minutes
Loved my job/co-workers/manager/supervisor
Case Manager II (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 13, 2017
Loved my job as a Case Manger! Company started laying off so I lost my job. Would go back in a heartbeat! Hoping to be hired back on when hiring freeze is over.
Pros
pay, time off, co-workers
Cons
Layoffs
Great people and benefits, the upper management makes it difficult
Tech Support I (Former Employee) –  Long BeachSeptember 12, 2017
My review might make it seem like Molina is not a good company, it is. The service it provides it good, the idea behind it is good, but the problem lies in the board and upper management. Mismanagement as the company moves from medium business to national fortune 500 company is palpable. This is why turnover is so high. Molina has to find direction in the coming years or things will not improve.
Productive laid back Call center
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 12, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Molina. I hate to have to leave but the company is doing lay offs by the end of year so I need to find placement before December 15th.
Sacramento
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 12, 2017
Clinic ok to work. MA over work and alot of drama. They want the MA to basicly do everything. I think the providers should be asking some of those certain questions when triaging the pt. Also management has favorites. Always double booking the pt so it's bad for the pt that they have to wait like an hour to be seen. I feel bad for them. Need better workflow.
Pros
PTO approve when need.
Cons
Always short staff. Lots of drama.
Not a terrible job
PHARMACY TECH. SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Midvale, UTSeptember 11, 2017
Management is disorganized in some departments yet excellent in others. Lack of consistency between departments. Great culture program, unfortunately the sentiments of the culture program aren't always reinforced by corporate (very little PTO at supervisor/entry level, no good options for sick days - pretty much get a little write up for calling in without 24 hour notice - not always realistic in actual life). Does not encourage work life balance in any way except having the culture program promote it.
Pros
Great accomodations from facilities, good benefits
Cons
Disorganized, lack of structure
Intriguing and Interesting
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 9, 2017
A typical day at work would involve constant income of claims. The hardest part was keeping up because the job was fast-paced but, that part was also enjoyable. I learned a lot on the job when it comes to verifying claims. The job was also enjoyable because it was formatted much like a family. We were every connected.
Pros
Interesting, Ability to learn, Fast-paced
Cons
Wages, No career advancement
Good Job
Claims Auditor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 8, 2017
I enjoyed most of the people that I worked with as well as the flex times. I also enjoyed being able to listen to my headset while in working hours as well as the company gave us food days and expressed our accomplishments often. I did not enjoy the flex pay in regards to Molina, I felt as though as a new product that some of the pay decreases due to error should have been negotiable as they were a brand new product. Some of our data versus their data did not match and we were penalized. This caused me to receive pay way below scale.
Stressful and Uncertainty
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 6, 2017
This is not the friendly, family owned company that it used to be. Now everything comes down to how many dollars can be made for Molina. Quantity is much more important then quality.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
to many changes and upheaval currently
Awesome coworkers
Scheduling Coordinator/Customer Service Represe (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 6, 2017
It's been a great experience until the lay offs company wide management can improve lack of communication within the employees and clinics. Better resources
Molina Healthcare
UM Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILSeptember 5, 2017
As a UM nurse reviewer, your day is busy completing reviews, taking provider calls, preparing for rounds, etc. It definitely requires being organized. Supervisory and training staff are very helpful; it is very professional. I became more educated in the discharge needs of a patient working with case management. I enjoyed going to work every day. Management staff work as a team - excellent Director - understands the needs of the department. Collaboration throughout all departments.
Pros
very good benefits, workplace culture maintained, teamwork, remote status
Cons
growing company, many changes
Building a plane while learning how to fly it
Process Writer (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 5, 2017
Talent is not located in the right places, currently going through budget cuts and layoffs. Career advancement opportunities are put on a standstill until business develops new plan for advancement.
Great Organization
Manager, Learning and Communications (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 5, 2017
The organization has great vision and mission. The culture is very positive and powerful. duties will vary depending on job and department structure. Local leadership has come a long way form previous negative reviews.
Pros
Great vision and mission
Cons
constant back and forth with Corporate groups
Typical day
Associate Rep, Member Services (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLSeptember 4, 2017
A typical day at molina health care was very excited, you get to meet new people on the incoming calls and able to assist them with the daily questions from members. The work environment was awesome with a wonder team management helping along the way.
A good place to work
HCC Coder (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 3, 2017
A very work/family environment. Benefits are great, there is always room for advancement and they are encouraging and provide room for growth. Location in Long Beach is beautiful.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Going through many changes
Official response from Molina Healthcare
September 6, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We’re glad to hear you enjoy our family culture and appreciate you taking the time to leave a review!

Could have been a great company but
Provider Rep (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, IL 60440September 2, 2017
This could have been a great company but there are too many issues to overcome. The workload and expectations are unrealistic. There is serious lack of communication and accountability. There is no real training. You are thrown to the wolves and left to figure it out.
Review of My Job
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Midvale, UTSeptember 1, 2017
Answer calls from multiple states, give claim status, send claims back to be reviewed/reprocessed, assist with check tracers, appeal status, insurance verification, also portal support calls resetting passwords and unlocking accounts
Pros
Rate of Pay
Cons
1/2 hour lunchs
Great company with morals and value
Care Review Processor (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLSeptember 1, 2017
If there are areas you don't have the knowledge or experience, or are weak in, supervisor/ admin has explained how you'll overcome or compensate for that. I've grown with the " Mom and Pop" company which has grown to corporation..
Pros
health benefits, discount perks, family orient environment, 401k, dental, vision and stock
Cons
change of senior management, organization change which created lay offs
Molina
Appointment Center Lead (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 31, 2017
Provide direct assistance to management team. Assist in resolving member inquiries and complaints effectively. Attend and actively participate in meetings and training sessions.
ok place to work
Claims Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 31, 2017
people was nice there. I sat side by side to learn what I needed to do and got help right away when I asked for it. I learned more about the way the claims are process and paid,, I learned about the appeal process

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Molina Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval