Mollen Immunization Clinics Employee Reviews

Interesting place to work. Loved people contact
Immunization Nurse (Former Employee) –  ArizonaNovember 17, 2016
Part time job during flu season. They quiit having the immunization clinics in Texas. Loved the job because could pick the hours and places you wanted to work.
Pros
Able to choose hours
Cons
No breaks
Great Job
Immunization nurse (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 1, 2016
Worked for many years and learned so much. Great coworkers, teamwork. It was here that I learned the majority of my nursing skills. This is a continuing education facility.
A great part time job.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Corporation based in Scottsdale Arizona.July 20, 2016
Mollen provides flexibility, independence, and great experiences in non-traditional nursing roles.I was able to work shifts that fit my schedule during a very challenging period in my life.
Solid TEMPORARY position
Recruiter/Scheduler/Field Support (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 14, 2012
Work was temporary and served the purpose of a temp position. compensation is slightly less than other similar jobs.

Static office environment with walls everywhere. long hours of stationary work. not much time out of an office chair per day.

6 days a week is mandatory during the busy summer and fall months.

Winter brings looming layoffs.
Pros
nice people and nice management
Cons
lathargic job, very little room for advancement or a full time position
Very flexible Job got to meet lots of interesting people
RN (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of showing up at clinic location, checking to making they had appropriate signage in place. clocking in five minutes before shift and getting supplies from pharmacist. Performing count of vaccine on hand and checking temperatures. then proceeding to designated clinic area setting up and proceeding to vaccinate patients. In addition educating patients on need for additional vaccinations if they were not current and educating clients on possible adverse reactions and overall benefits of being vaccinated. There were no co-workers we worked alone and only had contact with management by phone witch was difficult at times. I really enjoyed getting to meet lots of different people as I traveled all over the valley and generally had time to speak with clients not to rushed.
Pros
flexible work hours chose own schedule
Cons
l didn't always have supplies and if had questions hard to get answers
Who knew....
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Merced, CADecember 16, 2012
that being a nurse meant being a sales person!!!

At typical day meant showing up at Walmart by 0900, and waiting 20 minutes to get your supplies. Your clock in time is always off because everything is stored in the pharmacy and you have to wait for staff to get the counts on your supply and the fridge/freezer temps....Next you have to get set up for the day often fighting with management for a good location. Once set up you can begin giving flu shots. All day long you are asked questions about paperwork, or told about how terrible the flu shot is. You get yelled at by potential customers, you get told all sorts of conspiracy theories in relation to the flu shot, and only get a 30 minute lunch break. There are no other breaks during the day. The compensation is decent, but don't mess any paperwork up because you may be waiting until 2 or more months after the end of the clinic to receive any incentive bonuses (and that is if they offer them) they owe you.
Pros
you work alone
Cons
rude walmart customers
Wonderful Place to Work.
Flu Clinic Nurse (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 5, 2015
There are opportunities for advancement for those who show initiative and the work/life balance with the company is very flexible to those who work with them. Amazing people to work with.
Very profession place
LPN (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, TNApril 21, 2016
Wonderful co-workers and professional atmosphere.
General Nursing responsibilities. Loved working with the patients.
Pros
Work Schedule
Cons
Temporary
A fun place to work
Nurse Vaccinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 14, 2013
Everyday is important and enjoyable at this facility.
I have learned leadership and management skills.
My co-workers anticipate team work.
The hardes part of the job is when I can not change a resident's pain level to zero.
The most enjoyable part of the job is caring for people and making a difference in their lives.
Pros
free food sometimes
benefits
awesome corporation to work for
LPN (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 3, 2012
scheduling is very flexible, you only work when you want to. Management is very accessible, very competitive wages, something goes wrong you can always get ahold of someone quickly.
Pros
pick your own work hours, compensated very well
Cons
there arent any, i cant wait until next season!!
great job to work for
LVN (Current Employee) –  Chino, CANovember 7, 2015
Enjoy the work environment and all the management and co-workers. Everyone is very supportive and always willing to help.
Good seasonal job.
Recruiter/Scheduler, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 30, 2012
Worked there for a few months during flu season. Typically signed onto computer system and signed nurses in/out of their assigned schedules at flu immunization clinics across the U.S. I learned how to interview/hire nurses via phone call. The computer system was often inoperable and nurses voiced their concerns during their sign-in/out conversations. "Meeting" the nurses was most enjoyable; they are a dedicated lot. The hardest part of the job was that the scheduling is disorganized and the management operates in a cliquish fashion. An ambiguity prevails as to who your manager is throughout your employment. Available parking for seasonal staff was quite a walk to the building and rather terrifying, when alone, late at night.
Pros
regular breaks, clean building.
Cons
parking, management, schedule.
Worst company I was ever employed by!
Client Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 14, 2014
This company lacks competent managers and superiors. I worked there for only a few months and my observation was accurate . Very poor and unprofessionally trained supervisor. She had ego issues and I'm glad she did what she did. Contacted all their clients and exposed the ruthless company by stating to them the truth. The truth is this company follows illegal business practices and glad they exposed themselves, even without others having to "inform them". I also have several relatives working as pharmacists for walmart pharmacies and had to share with them just how ruthless this company is, including their superiors. Mollen got what they deserved! I'm glad my goal became a reality. I remember one supervisor telling me to put my mobile away while I was on a call because it violates HIPPA! My husband thought this was comical giving the fact he's a physician.
Pros
Cons
Management, no upward mobility, unprofessional superiors
Tough to get shifts
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 17, 2013
The training for the job was very involved and intense and due to its online nature was even more challenging. The clinic placed a lot of emphasis on clerical work and when I had to call the office asking for help, the help desk was rude and difficult to deal with. I work alone and pay is base plus an amount for the number of immunizations given over a certain amount. I have no control of where I am set up so its tough to increase amount given. I would not recommend this job to a friend. The pay is low and the demand is high. There has been no opportunity for advancement that I have noticed. On the positive side, the literature and web site are very professionally done!
Pros
set your own schedule
Cons
few shifts available and not in area
A good place to learn to work independantly without the stress of a traditional job setting
LVN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2012
A typical day at work would include talking to new people and educating them on the benefits of seasonal immunizations (this was my favorite part of the job).

I learned to work without a lot of supervision, and to organize my work space so that it was most efficient for me. I was also abel to incorporate some of the business skills that I had learned through my education and previous work experience.

The hardest part of the day was closing up on time, since closing time always seemed to be the busiest part of the day.
Pros
setting my own work schedule
Cons
trying to get in enough hours, since i started in mid-season.
Its good to have as a new grad rn job
Immunization Nurse (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 11, 2015
You can schedule your job base on your availability and ability. Its fun to travel to different places and have a great experiences with different job and culture.
Corporate Free-for-All... Bad JuJu
Middle Management (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 21, 2012
The Good; The staff at the home office are friendly for the most part (some not at all, but you figure that out very quickly), and some genuinely care about the patients and field staff.

Now for the "issues", there are not any quality controls or procedures in place... like, anywhere. As you can imagine (if you come from a background of organized management) makes for reckless and unstable office and field protocol... we heard the phrase a lot that, "the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing." There are no training programs in place for staff development (management or line level employees) that are being utilized- new employees come in and get on the phones right away, so nurses and patients can hear any variety of misinformation and management seems to be aware of this but too busy to put any measures in place to improve.

Possibly compounding this issue is the fact that management isn't even given an opportunity for professional growth, and although career advancement is possible and could occur, it seems to happen without precaution for merit or skill sets. So basically, it seems like the "wrong" people are promoted for jobs that they are under-qualified for- or worse, new positions are "created" for people who have a history with upper management. It's widely recognized by those who are NOT in the upper echelons of the "good old boys club," that the staff who are actually experienced or skilled are often unrecognized or underutilized. This has a polarizing, "us and them" effect- so even the management seems to be pitted against one another, since some are
  more... part of the in-crowd and others are not, and therefore the workplace environment can seem hostile, disorganized, incompatible, or even worse- incompetent, because the management is such.

So, if you don't know anyone when you walk in the door, don't expect to climb the ladder. Starting pay for a temp is $11 an hour, so those who are actually good at their jobs will probably never come back, and the returning staff are the ones who seem to be unemployable elsewhere. Mollen also fails to recognize that the economy is rebounding and unemployment rates are improving, because they do not give raises and employees would not even be eligible for health benefits until their third year (temps will not be considered full time for at least one year, and almost all are laid off before that anniversary date- if they come back, their past service does not count, so most people work there without even a benefit of paid time off, and certainly without health insurance- so, no "work life balance." I think it's also quite laughable that a company who's mantra is 'Think Healthy, Live Healthy, Stay Healthy' fails to offer any health benefits to 90% of its employees.

In general if you do manage to become a manager or supervisor, new ideas are accepted and encouraged... but if they actually come to fruition they are implemented in a very disorganized fashion, often creating mass confusion among employees and management alike and, of course, there is no expectation for anything to be documented or even TESTED for that matter- heck, hardly anything even gets COMMUNICATED... so there are lots of problems .

Staff turnover is excessive, even though most employees are seasonal- nobody seems to have long term opportunities with Mollen and it seems that the "good ones" in the full time group are overqualified and under-appreciated. And nobody seems like they "WANT" to be there.

If you do decide to work at Mollen, know that weekend and evening hours are the norm and are expected... most put up with that because the atmosphere is mostly friendly when they are there, but there are departments that will promptly terminate you if you express any desire to have a regular or predictable schedule (because that's not their business model and they don't care that you have to pick up your kid from soccer), and you can even get canned if you say you need certain days or times off, despite giving the hiring or scheduling manager plenty of notice (the director of one certain department is NOTORIOUSLY "unapproachable, and/or unfriendly" and she will fire people at the drop of a hat, without reason... which is ironic considering the department that she runs (you'd think she'd know better, but again, she got her job because she was in the good old boy's club., and not because she had lots of skills or experience doing what she does.)

Overall, people seem to think the "ship is sinking" so to speak and those who are optimistic seem to be totally oblivious. So if you are looking to work at Mollen, go ahead- if you don't have any issues with any of the above, it can be a great job for you. Most people quit, or WANT to quit, because they have issues with all of the above... so you'll see a lot of "jaded" folks there who aren't shy about having these conversations (as in, complaining about all of the above) in the presence of other staff, which further degrades productivity and the general atmosphere.

If you can handle hostility, disorganization, cliques, drama, and a corporate free-for-all then this is just the place for you!
Pros
if someone takes a liking to you, you could become a vp virtually overnight!
Cons
everything else!
Provided an excellent work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 28, 2012
I learned who to work on spreedsheets, I helped nurse's out in the field that had questions regarding injections. I an opportunity to go to the Natinal Guard and run EKG's on the returning and being deployed soldiers. My co-workers were always willing to help if there was a situation that you did not the answer to, management always had an open door pollicy. I enjoyed every part of my job and the hardest part of the job was when the season was over and I had to leave.
Pros
free lunches and pot lucks
Cons
season was not long enough
Productive days where personal results can be tracked and praised
Contracted Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 16, 2014
As a recruiter, this was a learning experience for understanding the ins and outs of the company. How and why certain processes were done. This position quickly turned into a wide-spread position beyond recruiting due to my available skills with Microsoft excel, and operational skills.
Pros
Upward Management
Cons
Company has closed for business
Unprofessional company run by unprofessional characters
HR/Recruiting (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 15, 2012
Floor Supervisors lack general management skills. Unprofessional, rude, demeaning, belittling and quite evident they lack general leadership skills. Also, poor training /trainers. No formal OJT training, but a generic character who will hop from topic to topic and throw you off.

If you're educated , seek employment elsewhere! Don't waste your time.
Pros
location
Cons
poor management, unprofessional, incompetent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mollen Immunization Clinics. Our community is ready to answer.

Mollen Immunization Clinics Reviews by Location