MOLLY MAID

MOLLY MAID United States Employee Reviews

was defentily a unique place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee), North Chelmsford, MAApril 14, 2015
Pros: monday through friday optional weekends independant work
Cons: no benefits
My typical day at work would be , me going into work i would fill my chemicals and prep my vacuum , then i would get my schedule of the day and go to each house and perform the duties that needed to be done . I enjoyed being interdependent and checking in when needed. The hardest part of the job to me was to finish a whole 3 bed room house with only two people in 2 hrs.
Harsh work
Team Leader (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 23, 2015
Pros: break time between houses
Cons: bad management
Working for Molly Maid was not easy, it was hard labor with expected PERFECTION. I did not enjoy the poor management, harsh weather conditions or the publics outlook on cleaners. Although, I gained great skills such as time management, good navigation and leadership experience. Overall I'm happy I do not work for Molly Maid anymore. I would suggest the job to someone who desperately needs work but not to someone who has options.
Just Don't
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee), woodstock,gaMarch 6, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: pay, the treatment, lack of training etc....
turnover rate is horrible if the management loves you then it doesn't matter if homes are not being cleaned properly. forget about bonus money or pay that is promised for training, often times tip money was not added to check which made me question each and every check because the checks were inconsistent. if you are too close to your customers you will be fired because they feel threatened that you will take them never trust your partner they will snitch you out. Too many it's okay for one person to do somethings and not ok for the next
Complete Waste of Time
Residential Cleaner (Former Employee), Pensacola,FLFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: company car, customers, tips, weekends off
Cons: backbreaking work for little pay, no concern for employees, short breaks if any
Don't waste your time. Hands down, the Worst work experience I ever had. Typical day starts with loading supplies in car and heading out to do cleans. Houses are underbid and spaced very far apart. You will be racing through each home to get it done, then on to the next. Customer are nice though, and tip sometimes. The hardest part of the job was trying to clean well against the clock. Some areas, usually bathrooms, needed more time to get clean. Route managers with condescending attitudes don't help the situation. The poor co-workers always looked like zombies when they arrived for work. This backbreaking work will take a toll on your body in a very short time. NOT WORTH IT FOR LITTLE MONEY. Don't count on getting home at a reasonable time. Management doesn't care how late you get back. Their only concern is money. Also, it takes the weekend to recover from the abuse your body takes.
Management is poor and uncaring
Residential Cleaner (Former Employee), Tucker, GAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: sometimes you get off early - but that means less pay
Cons: hard work, unrealistic expectations, management doesn't know what they are doing, managment can be abusive at times.
Hard work that is unappreciated. Management does not give good customer service. Management was abusive at times.

Frankly, scrubbing other people''s filth is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. The management does not recognize the customer service that is being performed by their staff.

Dealt with customers regularly who couldn't get management to respond to their concerns. The burden fell on the cleaners almost always.

Management was rude, and mean spirited at times. Lots of back biting going on.

I would not recommend this place to a dog that I liked. I also wouldn't recommend them to a potential customer.
fun workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Midland, TXJanuary 7, 2015
molly maid is a great company with great employees!! Customer are great nice people... As for management they are great just not to understanding when it comes to calling in for children/family/sick reason... But overall great company
Productive and fun work place
House Cleaner (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLDecember 31, 2014
Pros: monthly incentives
Cons: some long days
Arrival in the mornings start with loading up our supplies that is needed based on the route we travel for that day. Loading our vehicles and properly insuring the vehicles in proper running condition.

I have learned patience and conditioning skills with the clients as well as with the employees.

With this job you never know what one day has versus the next day.
High hours but low pay
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee), Livonia, MINovember 6, 2014
Pros: drove company car
Enjoyed Molly Maid, however the pay was not hourly and was working many hours. The employees were great and management was also.
Cleaning other people homes
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee), Birmingham, MIOctober 27, 2014
Pros: there was opportunity t maeas much money as one wanted
Cons: there were some homes that had too many pets
absolutely loved working at Molly maid. My day starting out finding out what route I was running each day and how long each house would take to clean. The Ladies I worked with were nice and was team players. We made sure we got the job done. The hardest part was driving to the far away homes The best part was making the customers happy.
Great cleaning service
Maid (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, SCOctober 2, 2014
Pros: if we were done cleaning early we could get off early
Cons: the squabbling in an office full of females was dishearteneing
I learned great cleaning shortcuts from the staff. There was interdepartmental squabbling in the office.
Nice Job
Maid (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 29, 2014
Molly maid is a great place to work you learn many different things.
Cleaned homes to ensure cleanliness of home too company standards. Vacuum hardwood floors and carpet.
House Keeper (Current Employee), Lathrop, CASeptember 24, 2014
Sweep up debris. Clean toilets with toilet brush and chemicals. Place fresh linens on bed. Scrub stains, mold, and mildew from surfaces. Empty wastebaskets and take out trash. Wash dishes and put dishes away in cupboards. Clean upholstered furniture and drapes. Dust tables, wood surfaces, and shelves. Clean and dust window treatments. Polish silver. Wipe down appliances. Mop, polish, and wax floors. Restock house with cleaning supplies. Replace burned out light bulbs. Wash baseboards, walls, and ceilings.
terrible company to work for!
office staff (Former Employee), ohioSeptember 14, 2014
Cons: owners, office staff
Owner had never ran business before and is running it into ground. Promise raises and bonuses that never happen but you'll take on the extra responsibilities to earn raise but never receive it. House cleaners get no pay increases or extra compensation but work load will increase. No lunches. Management is rude and will make you stay extra time in houses for no extra pay. Written up constantly. Will lose job if customers complain about a clean or if quality checker feels clean was not satisfactory even if customer is happy. Attend mandatory meetings with no pay for your time at them. They hire you full time but shut your route down n you receive part time pay. House cleaners carry hard work load while office staff doesn't help. If equipment breaks they tell you to figure it out but clean needs to be good. Expect you to hurry up but clean needs to be perfect. Glad I'm no longer there! Rip off for customer they pay $80 an hour for first clean then they tell you you're going onto a flat rate but your not your flat rate price is $75 an hour. They do the same cleaning as any other company but charge double the price.
Office
OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee), Mentor, OHAugust 24, 2014
Busy most of the general day. Booking clients, helping out customers with questions. Preparing supplies for next day.
Good temporary work
Maid (Former Employee), Harker Heights, TXJuly 16, 2014
Pros: you are pretty self-reliant
Cons: no promotions
Coworkers were nice, and as long as you were on time and honest, you kept your job. Not much advancement room, not many opportunities to grow in your career. The manager, at the time, was not exactly at the top of his game.
Crew Member (Current Employee), Phenix City, ALJuly 13, 2014
Pros: get off early depending on how fast you work
Cons: no healthcare, eat on the go
The hardest part of the job is cleaning multiple big houses in a short amount of time.
The most enjoyable part is once your jobs are finished you can go home.
The only thing good about here is the pay
Molly Maid (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, SCJune 4, 2014
Pros: good pay, and provided breakfast sometimes
Cons: management is bad, the owner is never hardly there, and they lie.
Pay is good but you will work hard for it! Management is horrible and it is a dog eat dog work place. Feel like there is some brown nosing and favoritism. They say you won't have to work weekends but they lie, they will make you work them anyways. They were pretty flexible sometimes when you needed time off.
Small business with a lot of growth potential
Marketing and Sales Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 18, 2014
Very flexible hours and no weekends!
I learned everything I need to know about running a small business.
The managers truly care about the success of the company
Great company!!
HSP (Current Employee), Charleston, SCMay 14, 2014
Pros: minimal supervision, company car, amazing owners
Cons: it is hard work and some of the houses can be pretty dirty
The owners of my location are amazing. They treat each and every one of us as if we were members of their family. Shortly after I started working there I blew out a tire on my way to work and they were more concerned with making sure I was ok and helping me to get my car fixed than they were about if I was going to be able to work that day or not. Out office staff is friendly and caring. They truly listen to is when we have concerns and go above and beyond to make sure that we feel appreciated, including serving us a continental breakfast every Friday before we leave for the day.
Minimal supervision, so you learn to effectively manage your time. You can take a break anytime you want to in between your clients, but the sooner you get all your clients done, the sooner you can go home. Our office tries to schedule us in dedicated routes so we always know what is going on. They are very very organized. Schedules are posted up 3 weeks at a time so you can make plans.
All of these locations are owned by different people, so you can't base a decision on looking at one or 2 bad reviews. Each location will be different.
Independently Productive and Hands on
ROUTE MANAGER (Former Employee), Oak Park, ILMay 12, 2014
Working for Molly Maid was a very great and exciting experience job for me. I started out working as a cleaner then after months of excellent work I was promoted to route manager. I was responsible for supervising several cleaning routes daily. I was responsible for keeping in contact with customers and persuading new potential customers to get on a regular cleaning service with the company. The most enjoyable part of this job was communicating with customers and employees, helping solve issues.

1 2 3 4