MOM Brands

MOM Brands Employer Reviews

Good company
Packaging (Current Employee), TremontonMarch 9, 2015
I have enjoyed working for MOM brands. The management is good and friendly. The pay is decent. Lots of opportunities for advancements.
Great Company Culture
Sales Representative (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: relationships built
Cons: company sold
Called on independent grocery stores. Sold new items, promotions and executed retail work. Worked with a great sales team and learned much from sales manager.
Enjoyed working with accounts to help them grow their business.
The job, like any sales job is tough but the rewards are worth the effort put into it.
Making the best cereal in the country
Packaging (Current Employee), Northfield, MNOctober 21, 2014
Pros: free cereal
Cons: insurance and retirement pention
A work day at MOM Brands is fun and fulfilling. I learned that it takes a lot to be top notch. Management could be a little better. my co-workers are great people to work with. the hardest part of my job is to keep the cereal safe for others. That I've meet a lot of great people.
Small company with big aspirations
Asst. Merchandising Manager (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 15, 2014
Cons: limited job advancement
Good company to work for overall. They've experienced some challenges the past couple of years with the market but I believe they will overcome them.
Great company
Director of Marketing (Current Employee), Lakeville, MNJuly 9, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: ...
Great company, great people.

Reason for Being: Save Families Money through Great Taste and Value
fun place to work, very people oriented. I enjoy being around the customers.
Receptionist (Current Employee), Northfield, MNMay 15, 2014
fast paced, learned how to use Lotus Notes. People are very friendly and ready to help you out. I love working and being around people.
Productive, fun people.
Sanitation Technician (Current Employee), Northfield, MNMay 8, 2014
Pros: people, fellow workers, great!
Cons: upper management.
Was a great place to do great work, but now it's just a job and a typical day at work. No more fun. It's all a numbers game now. Cut phases short to get a high OEE rating.
Lean manufacturing company
Mfg Systems Steward Manager (Current Employee), Northfield, MNMarch 4, 2014
Low cost cereal producer providing US families with low cost breakfast alternative.
Struggling company
Employee (Former Employee), MinnesotaJanuary 28, 2014
MOM Brands is a struggling company in a challenging market.
Used to be a great place to do great work.
Former Employee (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: at the time i worked there - great salary, great benefits, great 401k but all that is gone now with the recent reduction in workforce
Cons: with the current state of the company there are too many to list. such a disappointment
A company that at one time was 'the place' to work. Now along with the recent permanent lay-offs many key people are leaving on their own because they feel the stability is no longer there. Top heavy management (seems like most of the posting for jobs there were for directors or VP's), at times uppper managment not agreeing in meetings(arguing, shouting) which created a hostile work environment at times in front of their subordinates, nepitism, promoting people to management positions only because they were 'owed' something, loose interpretations of policies, and the list goes on.

Comments on this company from some interns were very positive but when you come in as an intern your are given gifts, provided lunches, provided with activities such as bowling, a Twins game, an off-site cooking event - which cost a lot of money on the part of the company.
company going belly up
Production Team Member (Current Employee), Northfield, MNJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: none anymore
Cons: too many to list
All benefits were cut. No 401k. Now hours are cut. Was an okay job. Its now horrible.
Great company with awesome benefits
Production Team Member (Former Employee), Tremonton, UTNovember 8, 2013
Great employee training programs with work/life balance minded management
Great company to work for!
Maintenance Work Management Consultant (Former Employee), Northfield, MNOctober 23, 2013
Pros: free cereal
Really enjoyed my consulting stint here, great people, great cereal and we had fun everyday.
Great working environment
Quality Assurance Lead Technician (Current Employee), Northfield, MNOctober 15, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: politics
There is no such thing as a typical day. I enjoyed the work as well as the people.
Great Place to Work
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant (Former Employee), Northfield, MNSeptember 27, 2013
I worked at MOM Brands as a contractor in Human Resources department at the plant in Northfield, and I have never worked for a company that was so engaging. The Operations Manager's, Line Managers, etc were a great team to work with, and really embraced my being there. I never felt like a contractor, but as part of the team. How many companies out there where the leadership not only thank you consistently for your work, but acturally mean it. I particularly love one of there core values and that is "Take Others With You", and they practice that every day.

The HR management in the plant were just excellent to work with. They were very supportive, always open to new ideas, and very proactive.

It was also the most friendly, and most fun enviornments I have ever had the pleasure to work in. I would not hesitate if asked to return to MOM Brands.
A Great Place to do Great Work
Talent Acquisition Intern (Former Employee), Lakeville, MNJuly 24, 2013
Pros: trusting supervisor, business relevant projects, friendly people
Cons: some inconsistent practices depending upon who your manager is
During this internship I was able to complete the entire recruitment process with several open positions. I sourced, screened, created and delivered offer letters to candidates. In this position I was able to work on real life projects that deepened my understanding of Talent Acquisition.
Growing company that trains interns accordingly.
Logistics Intern (Former Employee), Lakeville, MNMarch 13, 2013
MOM Brands did a great job at making me feel like I made a difference within their organization from a logistical perspective. I would communicate with parties both internally and externally, along with planning the most cost effective routes through my own analysis for inbound shipments. My management trained me when it was neccessary, while also giving me the room I needed to grow and learn on my own. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful in every regard to my position. They treated me like I was just another full time employee and I felt that I was making a difference in reducing cost for the company on a daily basis.

About MOM Brands

MOM Brands (formerly Malt-O-Meal Company), a privately held and family owned company, is the third largest cereal company in the – Read more