Mom365 Employee Reviews

Fun job!
Newborn Photographer (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 20, 2017
I absolutely loved this job! Super fun getting to work with newborns and meet new people every day. I love the hospital staff and they always made me feel welcome. I only left because my hospital didn't have a high birth rate so I needed something with more set hours and income. I loved every minute of working there though and would have stayed forever!
Pros
Getting to work with babies
Cons
No guaranteed hours or amount of income
The babies are the best part!!!
Photographer (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 17, 2017
You have to look out for yourself when it comes to this company. They release you into the wild but it's a good thing if you make it one. I love my hospital staff and the babies are beautiful to see every morning. You have to have a special knack for this job, dealing with people during a special time. The pay is not great and the hours are very part time. But, it's a great hobby or thing to bring in about $300 every two weeks.
Pros
Babies, Scheduling, Flexibility
Cons
Hours
Lots of work for not great pay
Newborn Photographer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA and Seattle, WAApril 9, 2017
I loved the photography, babies, and families, but this job was not great. Being a photographer meant you were very low on the totem pole in hospitals and you have to fight for respect. I would feel uncomfortable being pushed to sell, sell, sell to families with a newborn, often being taught shady sales tactics to influence mothers who just underwent a hellish experience. This led to sub-par paychecks even though I worked long hours and did my best to do a good job.
Pros
Babies!, photography, good camera equipment
Cons
pay, management, schedule, told to be pushy
Very flexible
Newborn Photographer (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 2, 2017
Great independent job, need patience for sure working with newborns, commission is great, have to follow company''s training to be successful. As a trainer, I see those with a bubbly personality so succeed so well in this job. Great hours, and you have to sell your photography to parents.
Pros
Flexible hours to fit your schedule, commisison is wonderful if you photograph all babies assigned to you for the day, company provides all gear, camera support assistance available, meeting newborns and families, and the training is provided.
Cons
Paycheck depends on how much you sell, 100% standing job.
Amazing job working with newborn babies!
Newborn Photographer (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 24, 2017
At Mom 365 I would start my day by gathering up all of my needs for the day. This would require new pamphlets to hand out to families so they are aware of pricing for packages. I would then enter customer information, while getting to know the family and building relationships and trust before handling their new baby. I learned how to safely handle a newborn baby through intensive training before I was sent into the "real world" of newborn photography! The best part of this job was it didn't feel like a job. I enjoyed coming to work everyday because photography Is a passion of mine.
Pros
photographing newborn babies
Cons
management
Productive and Fun workplace
Newborn Photographer (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALMarch 22, 2017
I Love my Job, I only work weekends. its a great job and I love the people I work with, they are amazing. I am in need of a weekday job, I will be relocating to Dothan in the next two months. Right now I drive back and forward.
Pros
Babies
Cons
nothing
Awesome job i love it
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Reedley, CAMarch 1, 2017
This job is so good. You get to take pictures of new born babies and just have a good time. The moms love it because they get excited too for the pictures.
Fast paced and energetic place to work. Exciting and fun working with newborns
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOFebruary 25, 2017
Arriving early and staying until you have completed your tasks. Set in a hospital, it has a variety of staff members,including doctors, nurses etc. of whose schedules you have to work around. You set up the background in the mothers hospital room, taking a variety of photos. The newborns are as adorable as can be. The hardest part is finding the moment when the baby is at its best, not crying or fussing; and when there is an open door to shoot - no other staff occupying the mom with another things.
Pros
Relaxing setting in hospital room with newborn.
Cons
Time limitations to do your job well.
Best Job In The World
Stay at Home Mom (Former Employee) –  Birdsboro, PAFebruary 24, 2017
Although, it didn't always pay the best on a monetary level; it is the best job in the wild and one of the most rewarding jobs around! wish I still worked there!
Pros
Lots of time for family
Cons
Sometimes not enough breaks, or someone to cover you for a break.
Great environment
Newborn Photographer (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Everything about this part time job is great!
The only down fall would be that it is commission based, granted you do receive a fall back hourly rate but as a single mother this is more a gamble when you need something that is more set rate and reliable on.

Want to know more about Mom365?

Ask a question
Enjoyable Job
Newborn Photographer (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 9, 2017
Taking photographs of newborns and creating memories for families every day was enjoyable and rewarding. It was a great joy to work here and would recommend this job to anyone who adores newborns and photography.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Working weekends/holidays
Win/Lose
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSJanuary 30, 2017
I love the job itself and being around babies. The pay isn't great. It is a commission based job and if no one had the money to buy, your pay suffers.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Pay
Loved photographing babies
Newborn Photographer (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAJanuary 10, 2017
The job was great the manager was great. The pay for the amount of time that I put in made the job not worth it. Insurance was a joke.
Pros
Got to hold babies
Cons
health care was horrible
Overwork you, unappreciate you
Photographer / Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Brawley, CADecember 11, 2016
This is an extremely cheap underpaying company, that overloads you with a huge workload and minimal pay and minimal appreciation or compensation. They pay you about .05 % of all the profit that You make for them. Cheap, selfish greedy company.
Pros
Babies
Cons
LOTS!
Low pay, not stable, but good first job
Newborn Photographer (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MODecember 2, 2016
Mom365 is definitely good for a first job but gaining a raise is near impossible, the money is very unstable considering you make minimum wage and commission that is accumulated over the two week base period. Moms are also very tired after just having a baby and decide they do not want to buy now and never end up buying later, hurting the photographers. It is a good job for experience and to gain independence as a worker
Pros
Experience and Independence
Cons
Low pay, not stable
Must be good at marketing
Administrative Assistant/Portrait Photographer (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 1, 2016
It is a decent company to work for. However sales experience a must. If not you will not succeed. Must have extreme patience and be a people person.
Pros
Your not micro managed
Unstable poorly managed
Regional Training Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, MOOctober 13, 2016
Loved working there for the independent environment and decent pay and the travel. However, management leaves a lot to be desired. You can not rely on what they wlil do. The turnover in incredibly high. Like 90%. There is no job security for anyone. They are in a constant state of figuring it out - at employee expense. If you are desperate and need the job then take it, but keep looking. They may not be in business in a year or two.
Pros
Work from home, pay rate, co-workers, team spirit
Cons
poor management, high turnover
It's ok but.... If photography is your passion, go somewhere else!
Sales Associate/Newborn Photographer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 6, 2016
The job itself is wonderful. I get to play with newborns and capture beautiful moments. My biggest issue is lack of compensation. As much as the products cost the pay is disgusting. They can't keep an employee longer than three months. I've only been with the company for three and I'm ready to quit. If you love photography this is not the right job. It leaves zero room for creativity and once again the pay sucks! A typical day I'd walk in to each side of labor and delivery and collect the release forms allowing me to talk with the moms about the session. Being that I work at a small location there is supposed to be two photographers to alternate days. Shifts are scheduled for three to four hours. You don't work directly with any co-workers or management. Everything is done through phone, email, internet, or snail mail. The hardiest part would be wanting to stick around because of lack of appreciation shown in my pay.
Pros
Beautiful moments captured on film
Cons
The pay and training. They literally throw you out there alone.
If you can sell you can make money
Photographer (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 30, 2016
I started with this company after leaving another photography company where I traveled to 26 states. When I was hired I was told it would 3-4 days a week. We'll yea no. On weekends I work 2 hospitals, and go 15 days before I get a day off. And if you don't feel bad about having a mother pay 475 for pictures and you only get 95 for that shoot. It's commision pay only. And it's not always correct. I have to check ulti pro ever payday and It has yet to be right.
Pros
Cons
Not a steady income
Horrible Management
Photographer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 30, 2016
The idea of the job is great. You are working towards helping mom's capture beautiful moments of their babies. How can that not be an ideal job? Well, it would be if management was better. Most photographers NEVER see or get to communicate with their managers. There is minimal training involved to become a photographer and absolutely no training with management positions. No wonder the turn over rate is so high! The employees here are over-worked and under-paid. It's a fun job if you can manage not to drown in the stress due to lack of training. Also, if you are willing for work for almost nothing.
Pros
You get to work with adorable babies
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mom365. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3