Mom365

Mom365 United States Employee Reviews

Needs new management
Photographer (Current Employee), Hermitage, TNFebruary 4, 2015
This is a commission job. You have to really be a people person. Taking picture of newborns is a great job despite it being a commission job but the management is horrible. Very negative and unorganized.
New Born Photographer
Photographer, Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: fun, growth
Cons: no family sick time
I loved this job. Who doesn't love babies. My issue with this job is my son was in the hospital and I was told I better figure out what to do with my son because I needed to be at work. Mind you I had only missed one day and the following day I received that message. I did love working there though its so awesome meeting new people.
good
Newborn Photographer (Current Employee), Bridgeton, MODecember 23, 2014
Love working with babies and mom to capture a one wonderful picture. I love my co-worker and the staff, The hours working a flexible but in order. Making the mom and family happy with the picture is the wonderful and the amazing time of my life
Fun job to do on the side
Newborn Photographer (Contractor) (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 7, 2014
Pros: set your schedule, hours
Cons: commission based
Set up a free photo session for new moms.
Photograph newborn babies
Sale packages or al a carte items
Enjoy making moms happy to see their baby in a beautiful photo
No on site management
Very laid back
You must work hard to make sales if you have a great sales mentality, or you can do it with great customer service and still make your goal.
Not financially secure, high turnover and can be physically demanding
photographer (Current Employee), CaliforniaDecember 2, 2014
Pros: not a set 9-5 job
Cons: pay, work on holidays/weekends, managment
A typical day at work would be arriving at your hospital (depending on your district) 8-9am and there is no set finish time. You will be on your feet the whole time and it can be a very fast paced environment depending on what hospital you are working at. You need to be a people person and be able to take control or your environment. If you are soft spoken or very shy you wont make it. You need to be a fast learner and be able to follow policies and procedures. You get your list of babies and you must see each and every one of them. Your objective is to get in the rooms and do a full photo session(THIS IS A SALES JOB). Your job is to sell your work and TOP DOWN SELL. What can be frustrating is when you do so many photoshoots and no one buys anything! Each hospital has a daily $ expectation that you need to meet.

Management favored and did not inforce policies. With this being done, photographers were not reliable and it made my job much harder. Also you may be called in to work on your days off if a photographer calls in sick or just doesn't show up at all. You also may not be limited to one hospital so keep that in mind as well.
The hardest part of my job is not having support from other photographers, being on my feet the whole time. The pay is not stable. If you are looking for a small part time thing, this may work for you but when you have bills it doesn't work so much. If you know how to sell and are a quick thinker, you can make more on commission but if not its hourly which is like $9-10.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the babies and capturing those first moments with the families.
Not recommended
Corporate (Current Employee), 63301November 12, 2014
I don't want to blast the company but there is nothing positive to say right now so I'm not.
Just A Start
Sales/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St Charles MONovember 7, 2014
No room for advancement ... No raises
great managment
easy going job
good place to get your foot in the door for call center experience
Okay Job
Partner marketing (Current Employee), Saint Charles, MONovember 5, 2014
okay job hard to get a early self depending on position. Won't complain offer incentives favorite part.
Very satisfied with the company and its philosophy.
Professional Newborn photographer (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 31, 2014
I've been able to work independently and sharing the passion for photography with the most amazing subject, Babies!

Love the concept, the organization, the support.

The only thing that may need to be taken in consideration is the wage compensation program.
Fun job for a second income
Newborn Photographer and Sales Representative (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 23, 2014
I really enjoy working with the newborns and their families, but as my primary source of income, I am not making the money I need. My district manager and co-photographers are wonderful to work with though, and the staff at the hospital is incredibly kind, even on the busiest of days. I typically work from 9:30-3:00, so it is a great job for a parent who can only work while the kids are in school, especially as a second income for the family!
Great family oriented company
NEWBORN PHOTOGRAPHER/TRAINER (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 20, 2014
What could be better than taking pictures of newborns other than getting paid to do it! The only drawback is that you only work part time and there are no medical benefits.
Worse company to work for
Photographer (Former Employee), Wichita ksMay 19, 2014
Pros: babies
Cons: pay management runaway fast from this job
Commission only no base pay try living off of high price packages that you try to sell I could do this cheaper
newborn photographer
Lead Photographer/Field Trainer (Former Employee), Springfield, OHFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: seeing people during the happiest time of their life, and the babies!
Cons: no money or room to advance
Who wouldn't love taking newborn pictures!
There's just not any money to be made and no room for advancement.
They pay commission OR hourly rate, if they paid both it would be much better and more worth your time and effort.
Managers are hard core "sell sell sell"... it's like they don't realize that some people simply can't afford $300 for baby photos!
Infrastructure rescue and turn around
Senior IT Manager - Infrastructure (Current Employee), Saint Charles, MOFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: friendly environment, has very much a "family" feel
Cons: the it environment has been grossly neglected for a very long time
When I entered Mom365 I realized that there was a lot of work laid out before me. The company has been around for decades and has operated under different names including: FirstFoto, Growing Family, Hasco, Our365 and now Mom365.
IT within the company had not been a focus and had been greatly underfunded for 10-12 years, Much of their IT infrastructure was old and out of support and well past end of life.
Within a very short time frame I spearheaded and initiated the following:
- Built out a robust Virtual environment and virtualized our entire environment using VMWare.
- Evaluated and restructured our entire networking topology including replacing load balancers and building out an entirely new wireless network and replacing a very old Pix firewall with a new SSL firewall.
- Upgraded and replaced a very old, out of support phone system.
- Initiated a full site replication as part of our DR and BC plans.

While there is still a tremendous amount to still do at Mom365, I have significantly reduced unplanned downtime and outages and laid the ground work for the future.
Work at your own risk
Baby Photographer (Former Employee), NCFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: taking photos of babies for families that appreciate the service
Cons: working on commission with no base pay.
At the outset the job seemed like a great job! But from one day to the next you never knew what to expect. On the last day I worked I had 25 babies to take photographs of and was on the floor by myself because another photographer had to go to replace another at a different regional hospital.
Co-workers could be nice to work with, but watch your back.
Doctors and nursing staff treat you like unprofessionals and largely do not respect the services you bring to the hospital.
The most enjoyable part was the babies, and taking photos of them.
The company needs to pay a base-pay plus commission. There is no way to make a living from the compensation they provide.
You could work an hour and only make minimum wage, only as a default. They also need to pay the photographers for the time it takes to go and get money orders on their own time for cash payments of photo packages to mail to the corporate office.
The packages are highly overpriced and the company puts a lot of pressure on the photographer to sell top down.
Loved the people I worked with but the company is a complete disaster and are very unproffesional
photographer and sales represenative (Former Employee), roanoke memorial hospitalFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: enviroment
Cons: bosses, unloyal, deceat
This job was very unprofessional and unloyal. My coworkers and surrounding people were amazing and we worked well together. I would say the best part of this job was the enviroment. But the worst was the company, pay, and bosses. As well as not knowing the rules or truth because everything was unclear.
Management was hard to contact, not enough hours
Professional Photographer (Former Employee), Detroit, MINovember 6, 2013
Pros: newborn babies, happy moms and dads
Cons: snobby doctors and nurses and management, less hours
The idea of photographing newborn babies was awesome. I loved taking pictures of babies. that was all that I liked about this job. You get paid commission and you had to sell these expensive packages to the parents. Most had more than one child. Almost no one wanted to get pictures. Then you had to deal with snobby nurses and doctors that would come in a get the baby in the middle of the session. And there was nothing you could do about it. Literally I couldn't do anything because my job said what they had to do was more important. It was an irritating job. I went from working 5 days a week to working 2 days a week for 4 hours a day. that's nothing to live off of. That job was a big inconvenience. Management was the worst.. Seriously.
Fun Place to Work
Photographer (Current Employee), Hialeah, FLNovember 6, 2013
Pros: learning new sales skills
Cons: standing all day
Good place to work, you learn a lot about sales strategies and photographs techniques. Managers are very good, excellent team work.
Extremely flexible
Newborn Photographer (Current Employee), Saint Charles, MOSeptember 19, 2013
This company is fun to work for and you'll really enjoy making moms happy with their first photo session in hospital. On the plus side this job is really flexible to your schedule. On the negative side, not much room for advancement, work off commission (which could really be a positive as well) they sometimes seem to not value you as a photographer, the front line people who make this company possible.
This job is great as an extra income
Infant Photographer/ Field Trainer (Current Employee), Burbank, CAAugust 7, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no place for advancement
This company is great for students or people that dont mind not having a steady paycheck.

About Mom365

Mom365 is the largest professional newborn photographer in the U.S.! Our staff of more than 1,700 professional photographers really – Read more

Mom365 Salaries