Mom365 Employee Reviews in United States

High Frustration/Low Pay
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMay 8, 2016
Corporate expects you to stick to the book no matter what, and you are expected to have each session be within a certain time frame. They do not take into account fussy babies or questions that you may getting when closing a sale. Many times,.. I found that my commission was not on my paychecks. I spent more in gas than I actually made. I worked in an extremely low income hospital filled with mainly medicaid patients and the prices were way high.

They hired a manager outside of the company with no photography experience who sent us 20+ unprofessional, misspelled emails per day.

They hyped up the job, but after an extensive training..it was obvious that the company had it's priorities on numbers rather than photos.
Pros
Babies
Cons
Low pay
Love working with the little babies
Photographer (Current Employee) –  San Tan Valley, AZApril 29, 2016
I come in do the baby count and check with nurses see which moms what photos of babies. I then go recheck with the moms to make sure they did want photos. Usually at the hospital I am at doesn't get too many babies in. Usually will shoot 2 to 5 a week. I show mom/dad the photos go over the packages and try to sell to them. Always making sure I do everything to the safety rules in care of the baby's health and mine. Overall I do enjoy the job sometimes gets a little hard when I do get a real fussy baby. I do have back issues so always making sure I watch what I am doing. I don't see myself being here for years I do want to up my career and at this job not much for advancement. It's always a joy to work with the babies I have learned alot when comes to handling a newborn when in past used to be a little scared to handle them.
no pay raises for 15 years
Systems Administrator/Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOFebruary 11, 2016
only way to get a pay raise is to get a title change. Call Center people work long hours and don't get raises.

Sr. Management has no clue what the employees do but go out selling.

They have a foundation setup to help out families with sick children but the company will not give any money to the foundation and it is paid for by employees. its hard enough for some of the employees to pay bills and they then expect them to donate to the foundation.
Cons
no pay raises
Fun, productive,friendly place to work and see newborns
Newborn Photographer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 29, 2015
Great and fun to work with babies and moms and familys and diffrent race. A fun rewarding job ill say.Personally I never knew this was a job. My trainer was one of which i can enjoy lunch and talk to her and she will always lend a hand...I love my boss and my trainer photographer!:)
Pros
You get to roll your schdeules and be your own boss by yourself
Cons
not much I can say but need to have more people to help out at each hospitals.
Ridiculous
Newborn Photographer (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 17, 2016
So I just quit this job, and let me tell you why. For the first time in forever, I actually had to miss a work day! I contacted my district manager on Tuesday(the day I was supposed to work because I wasn't given any prior notice to this incident) and she told me she would take care of it. The next day, I get an angry text from my coworker saying 6 moms had been missed the day before because I didn't go in. I told her to take it up with my district manager. My district manager then proceeded to say that she had no prior record of me telling her I wasn't able to go into work.

The commission is a joke. And no, you don't actually get paid minimum wage if you don't sell anything. You don't get to keep track of your mileage for traveling from one hospital to another. And they definitely don't reimburse you for money orders.

The management is a big fat joke. If you need to speak to someone other than your district manager, GOOD LUCK because there literally is no possible way for that to happen.
Pros
None.
Cons
The job as a whole.
enjoy working with people
baby photographer (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 5, 2016
interact with babies, parents and co-workers. enjoy communicating with people in a very friendly and happy place to work.
Pros
communicating with people
Cons
not always a happy place but I make the best of it.
Great atmosphere, adorable babies, but needs better pay
Newborn Photographer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 27, 2015
Great staff & management - great company concept. Cons - base pay & top down selling - you really need to have a sales mindset and push push push to meet goals. Sales depend on hospital atmosphere as well - you're only as rich as the moms you sell to.
Pros
free lunch voucher, flexible hours
Cons
top down selling stressed
No sympathy
Photographer (Former Employee) –  IlSeptember 23, 2015
I worked for this company a few years back...the pay wasn't great but it was a job. After consistent work for months with no days off an even going to work with no babies to photograph I still was dedicated to the job...my son got sick one day an I couldn't take him to daycare an I didn't have a last minute sitter so I called the manager at the time an told her I had an emergency an needed the day off... she declined my request an I never went back...my child was sick an had to go to the doctor an she totally disregarded the situation so I quit.when it comes to my children an their health nothing else matters
Great if you love to choose
Photographer and saleswoman (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 5, 2015
This is a GREAT job because you get to use your creativity, talent, AND are given many opportunities to grow as a person. On top of that, you are also able to make a good chunk of money.

A working day consists of...
You get to the hospital, get your list of newborns and go to the rooms and start photographing babies. You show the photos to the parents right away and tell them how they can share them with friends and family.
That is it.
It is amazing.
You get commission for every package you sell.
Go from one room to the other.

This job has helped me grow so much, I have become more confident, have made good money, and it did not take over my life.

My advice is, do what the training person tells you to do even if it makes you uncomfortable. They have a system that works and if you follow that, you will make good money.

The only thing that can make you fail at this job is fear and not willing to try new things.

DO IT!
You will see the results.
Good luck.
Pros
You decide how much you want to get paid.
Cons
No healthcare.
Toxic Work Environment
photographer (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm BeachSeptember 21, 2015
Don't walk-run from any job offer from these crooks! The gentleman that was over the office at this location is extremely unprofessional. The equipment provided is pretty shoddy. I was unable to due my job because my equipment wasn't in working condition. Do yourself a favor and go work for a professional organization.
Pros
Cons
Too numerous to mention
loved this job was sad to leave
Newborn Photographer (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAJanuary 27, 2016
loved working with newborns and their families. but felt that all the work iand hours i spent wasnt worth the pay. loved this job was sad to leave.
Fun Job But...
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 30, 2015
I really enjoyed working with Mom365. But what I did not enjoy was my rate of pay ($8.15 hourly) and the fact that they hired me into the company as a floater. It was fun at first until I received my first and most recent paycheck which adds up to a little bit of nothing. When I first applied with this company I thought that I was interviewing for one particular hospital (thats how they bait you in) but in reality your'e actually being interviewed to work at 3 different hospitals. Working as a floater became very overwhelming for me, especially on the weekends because I'd be working two hospitals in one day. I spent more money trying to get to work than what I made. This job is perfect for a college student or someone with very little responsibilities.
Pros
Seeing beautiful babies
Cons
Very low pay, not enough hours
Fun work place
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJuly 12, 2015
I love this Job, I am a newborn photographer and i just love the people, moms are so nice. I work in hospitals so I get to interact with the staff of the hospital as well. I worked their 6 years and every time i go in to work i get Hello's, or "Hey Deb's here!" if i am waiting to photograph a baby due to a doctor, hearing screening, mom feeding the baby, ETC. Ill just sit with all the nurses and we just talk away while i wait until whoever is handling the baby is done. I dont work with any co workers, i am all by myself.
Pros
relaxing enviroment
Cons
no full time hours its working depending on the birth rate
No time off
Photographer/Sales (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 22, 2015
The first few months working here were great. I got to photograph newborns and I was selling a lot. But after working here for a year, I've just had enough. I've worked every holiday and am in the middle of working 12 days in a row. If you don't like having family time go ahead and apply.
Pros
Cons
No family time, hours, and low pay
fun employment opportunity
Professional Newborn Photographer (Former Employee) –  Drexel Hill, PAJune 22, 2015
this is an all around fun place to work. you get to meet many, many, many new people with different cultures and beliefs. your able to put a smile on not only mommy's face but as well as baby and other close family members. you get to share this joyable moment with their new bundle of joy.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no breaks
Experience and review
Professional Infant Photographer (Current Employee) –  KentuckyOctober 6, 2015
Work is relatively easy and very rewarding! I love what the company stands for and the fact they really do have something for everyone and everyone can afford! They stand behind there product and go above and beyond to better serve there clients!

This job can not be done for the money! it's minimum wage or a percentage of your sales! ( wich ever is greater) and depending on how many you baby's you have and how many are willing to buy is how much your pay check will be! in bigger cities or at bigger hospitals there is better opertunities to make better money but I work at a smaller hospital with hours totaling about 20 hours every two weeks because two of us work ther!

I love the company, and am proud to be apart of company that stands by there motto and cares so deeply for there clients but if your in it for the money this is not a company for you! It is what you make it! The harder you work the more money you can make but that only goes so far when it comes to patient bed count with in the hospital.
Pros
You see Gods blessing and make a difference daily
Cons
The hourly pay is minimum wage and its income is unpredictable and unreliable!
Busy
Profeshional Photography/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAAugust 5, 2015
Hardly working but love to work hard always busy because there were lots of babies to take photos of new born babies and also sell packages to moms of their beauitfull babies
You work your at your own time
Professional Photographer (Current Employee) –  Boaz, ALJune 29, 2015
This company let's you work at your own time, as long as you get the job done. This company requires you to handle all your mileage so that you are reimburse with in a limited amount of time.
Best part-time job
Newborn Photographer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 18, 2015
Providing families with the opportunity to have professional photos right in their room. I'm able to work alongside nurses who have taught me so much about pediatrics.
Pros
Work with newborns and nursing staff
Cons
Pay based on commission, management not reliable
Poorly run
Photographer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 19, 2016
This company is broken. The system that was put in place is just not followed. I actually was so happy just to have a job, I didn't mind the long hours, small paychecks and complaining of other photographers. But, then, a new photographer was hired and she just made up her own rules all together. She would make special 'appointments' with those she thought would buy more- it's a commission job- she was hardcore, disrespectful- a mean girl- in this wonderful world of newborns. It broke my heart. There was no support from management whatsoever. So, I left. I did LOVE the actual job, seeing babies all the time was wonderful- taking amazing pictures for new moms. But, these girls sucked all the joy out of my days. I had put in endless hours, worked every single weekend- which wasn't the job- without complaint because there weren't enough photographers. I was told 'I'll remember this'. They will say ANYTHING just to get through the day. There is no quality control over pictures- not a priority at all with this company. The equipment is not monitored and there were always problems. The other photographers were extremely careless with everything. They will hire anyone just to have coverage. It really is too bad- I was hoping to stay longer.
Extremely hire turnover rate of photographers and managers.
Pros
Holding newborns/taking pics for new moms/hospital staff was wonderful.
Cons
Poor management, disrespectful coworkers