MomentFeed is a VC-backed startup based in Santa Monica with an engineering team in Ventura. We are seeking thoughtful and creative Front End/User Interface Developer to join our engineering team.
MomentFeed provides a first-of-its-kind, location-based analytics, campaign management and publishing platform for global brands and enterprise marketers. Our team is passionate about marketing, location-based services (LBS) and above all; our product. This is a great opportunity to showcase your work and influence the development of an early-stage tech company.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Our Front-End/UI Developer will be an integral part of the team that is building the MomentFeed application suite. Our ideal candidate has a genius-like understanding of modern web based UI development and experience using Ruby on Rails. You are passionate about intuitive design and understand how our end users utilize technology. We are a tight unit so you must be comfortable working across teams with product and business team members.
Ideal candidates exhibit the following qualities:
- Comfortable with working on a full stack (DB to front-end)
- Strong passion for coding with solid fundamentals
- Outgoing, with good communication skills
Prior experience with the following technologies, languages, and paradigms is a must:
- 2-3 years experience architecting, building, shipping and maintaining Ruby on Rails apps in a production environment
- Production deployment of large data sets in MongoDB
- Experience deploying and maintaining infrastructure on AWS
- Experience with (one or more), Facebook, Google, Instagram or Foursquare APIs
- Experience with Git/Github
Prior experience with the following is an added bonus:
- Big Data
- Other Social Media APIs (Twitter, Instagram, Foursquare, etc)
- Redis, elasticsearch or beanstalkd
- Active member/contributor of user groups or open source projects