MOMENTIVE PERFORMANCE MATERIALS

MOMENTIVE PERFORMANCE MATERIALS Employee Reviews

Amazing Company to work for
Commercialization Associate Intern (Current Employee), Strongsville, OHApril 23, 2015
I work 2 days a week and it is a part of my curriculum.
I learned various ways of market research and learned how to use six sigma methodologies in marketing environment.
I was challenged on a weekly basis and i learned a great deal from weekly reviews.
Hardest part of the job was the travel of 50mins but the best part of the job is spending the two days among team members and a very friendly and mentoring boss who helped me learn an extensive amount of knowledge in the silicone based product manufacturing.
excellent place
Chemical Operator (Current Employee), Waterford, NYApril 8, 2015
Pros: owner is a great guy
Cons: none
learn a lot here to start off my work career in life. the owner is a great person. equal opportunity guy love this place. the people are great here all smiles and never a dull moment
Productive and goal oriented employees.
Sr. Specialty Production Scheduler (Current Employee), Willoughby, OHMarch 2, 2015
Pros: focused employees with known expecations.
Cons: working on better communications with overseas plants to enter correct requriements.
>Able to work independently.
>Ability to work from home when necessary.
> Great goal oriented employees.
> Good communication between management and employees.
> Typical day spent filling sand needs between plants for production, sub-suppliers, purchasing sand requirements, and overseas shipments.
Growth Driven Global Executive
Vice President (Current Employee), Tarrytown, NYFebruary 7, 2015
Lead highly profitable Global SBU with revenues of $400MM representing functional silanes, specialty silicones, silylated polyurethanes and silicone resins. Develop and implement global strategy, portfolio management, product innovation and investment plans, overall business and profit growth. Industry focus: Coatings, Adhesives & Sealants, Tire & Rubber, Wire & Cable, Plastics, Electronics, Fiberglass, Composites, Filler Treatment and Construction.
Equity Investment group changed culture.
Sr. Channel Marketing Manager – Consumer Sealants (Former Employee), Huntersville, NCJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: smart people who work hard.
Cons: equity investment is all about ebitda limiting innovation.
GE was a great place to work! Was developed and provided opportunities to learn.

When acquired by equity investment, layoffs and pay reductions were part of the norm.

First half of my time at Momentive (when GE) was amazing, but the 2nd half under equity investment was difficult.
Manage by fear
Regional Sales Manager, CA, NV (Former Employee), San DiegoSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: great customers
Cons: management
Do not waste you time with this company. Keep looking for your sanity.
Former GE Company Pushing onward
Sealants Operations Manager (Former Employee), Waterford, NYSeptember 3, 2014
Fundamental good products, but a mountain of debt. Best GE Talent left and financials aren't there to continue the culture. Relatively stagnant room for advancement. Built for big volume but market only supports small wins. Small wins take time and investment, and funds are short.
Commercial Service Manager (Current Employee), Gahanna, OHAugust 16, 2014
Pros: location, co-workers, business experience, our products
Momentive is a great place to work. The pay is higher than other similar companies in the area with very understanding management that want you to have a work/home life balance.
Great work life balance, but need to improve retainment of employees.
Scientist (Current Employee), Richmond Heights, OHJuly 17, 2014
Pros: work life balance, ability to schedule work around life events as needed.
Cons: management and retainment of employees is lacking
Working within the team enviornment, with the exception of one or two people, has been wonderful. The manager, generally, does a great job of keeping things going well and he/she does not micro-manage. The freedom to schedule life events such as Dr. appointments, etc. is a welcome bonus working within the team. Feedback is given when asked for, both career wise, and also when talking about projects, or research. The down-side or 'con' about this company is it seems like they don't know where they are going. They have difficulty retaining employees not only due to a lack of job advancement, and benefits offered (christmas bonus, vacation, etc) but also due to some employees degrading the culture of the work enviornment.
HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK!
Customer Account Specialist (Former Employee), Gahanna, OhioMay 28, 2014
Pros: scheduling and benefits
Cons: poor misled management, abrasive and rude managers, co-workers and terrible training.
First off, they literally throw you to the wolves with essentially no support and set new hires up for failure. I was hired in as a customer account specialist and the functions of the job were clearly misinformed by the hiring manager. The hiring manager actually was extremely negative during the interview and stated all the terrible things that were going on in the business such as plant closings and lack of material and very stressful environment. A typical day was processing purchase orders that customer faxed or emailed in for new material. I learned in this environment and especially my department that favoritism was at the forefront of the group. My manager was highly unprofessional and had decided early on that they did not want me apart of that organization and provided no support, structure or game plan where I might be successful. The manager was very rude and inconsistent with expectations early on that it would take several months to the better part of the year to become comfortable as told by the trainers and other personnel and demanded that I get everything almost immediately after training. My co-workers for the most part were unprofessional and regularly used foul language on the floor with no consequences or repercussions from the manager. My co-workers were unsupportive and equally rude when I required training to learn the ropes of the job and be successful. The most difficult part of my job was the overall lack of support and encouragement. My co-workers and team could care less if I was successful and did nothing at all to assist in my learning and development. – more... Beware if you are applying for this position because appearances are highly deceiving. This position was a nightmare and learning experience for me and I had to resign my position or else be terminated. Furthermore, my department manager openly told me that there was nothing furthermore they could do to help me be successful. They had decided in the beginning of my hiring that they did not want me. I highly do not recommend this position for anyone out there. They tell you lies and when you start they throw piles of work on you and the management and team is very clique style like and chooses favorites. – less
No career advancement at all
R&D Lab Analyst (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 16, 2014
Pros: hours: got off work at 4:15pm
Cons: no team work, no career advancement opportunities, bad management
Worked at the lab in Charlotte, NC. Typical routine rubber physical property testing. Was promised advancement opportunities and management never offered any until the day I turned in my 2 weeks notice. Even at that point HR informed me I probably couldn't trust my manager to actually do what he was promising at that time.
fun place to work
Operator (Current Employee), Friendly, WVSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: people i with
Cons: security
Overall great place to work wages are good and the people I work with are helpful, changes are coming and I don't know what the future holds for Momentive.
Overall, not a bad place to work at
Logistics Leader (Former Employee), Waterford, NYDecember 30, 2012
Being the inventory control for the largest building in the plant was challenging. I learned about the importance of daily routines and improvements. Management was not an issue and co-workers were, for the most part, very nice. The hardest part of the job was the annual inventory, which was also the most enjoyable when the inventory was a success.
Productive place with a great team to accomplish all goals.
Architect & Analyst in FI, T&E, Treasury Systems (Former Employee), Albany, NYJuly 13, 2012
Pros: pay, location
Cons: lunches, some offices are a little outdated.
A great company to work for. They were continuously upgrading their business so there was always progressive work to be done.
MPM had a strong core IT group that was very supportive and addressed issues quickly.
NA
Sales (Current Employee), Waterford, NYMay 5, 2012
Pros: freedom, benefits, work/life
Cons: very poor morale, not winning as a company/team, management greed
Momentive is organized into two operating companies, Momentive Specialty Chemicals Inc. and Momentive Performance Materials Inc., which maintain separate capital structures and publicly report their results. The company serves its customers through three operating divisions:

Silicones and Quartz Division
Epoxy, Phenolic and Coating Resins Division
Forest Products Division

Momentive Performance Materials Inc. manufactures silicone, silicone based derivatives, quartz, ceramics and other specialty materials for diverse industrial applications. In 2009, the company had sales close to $2 billion, of which more than 90% were in silicones and derivatives segment.[1] As of 2010, Momentive is the second-largest producer of silicones in the world. Its close competition are Dow Corning and Wacker Chemie. Momentive Performance Material's world headquarters is located in Albany, New York,