Momentum Employee Reviews

Not what they seem
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80917January 24, 2017
It was a fun place to work at but they were not very realistic. They fed you the Kool-Aid and made you believe that with hard work you will advance and own your own business. While that is somewhat true, it is a lot harder than that to accomplish. They tried to pull over an old sales trick by flashing you with a bunch of numbers (confusing you to agree) and saying they make millions of dollars and you can be apart of it. Their math was way off and when I tried to address that to the owner and assistant manager, they would try to shush me and tell me I do not know what I was talking about. Unless you like not making a lot of money, this job is not for anyone with families or have monetary obligations.
Pros
The morning meetings
Cons
knocking on doors
Alright job, great coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJanuary 16, 2017
The job was very customer orientated and very fast paced. I was made a door greeter, and straightened up the front. Unfortunately, after a month of working there, that was all I did. After working full-time and only ever advancing to occasionally running down to refill stock for the front, I was extremely frustrated.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
management
Poor support of management
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MENovember 1, 2016
Poor management, unhealthy work environment, lack of support when needed, Toxic environment. Unhealthly employees, unappreciated work, unrealistic work expectations. Supervisor/Owner wears rose colored glasses and won't help you with crisis situations.
laidback
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  ohioJune 25, 2016
Momentum is a pretty laid back company.
I was contracts to them via a third party inspection company. The owners where very courteous and itwa a great company to work with.
No review to report
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CADecember 14, 2015
Open or closed department, greeted customers, marketing, routed calls to appropriate departments, managed cash register, balanced daily register.
Pros
free lunches on Saturdays
Cons
disorganized office
challenging and fun workplace
Sales Assc (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CANovember 23, 2015
Awesome challenging fun work place with great competitive fun co-workers that support each other. had a lot of customers and clients which was good for business and fun being able to talk with so many people
Pros
competitiveness, negotiating
Cons
one day off per week
Company Sold
WAREHOUSE LOGISTICS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2015
I enjoyed this position because of t he diversity.

Worked with vendors nationwide providing
Assisted Event managers by ensuring merchandise was each location for set up and break down

This company sold and closed its doors.
Long hours pay off!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mackinaw City, MichiganAugust 17, 2015
I didn't have much family time working here because of how many hours I was working. I loved my manager! She was the sweetest woman I have ever met. She's really laid back and funny. My co-workers have become close friends. Although this is a summer position, I would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in making friends, money, and memories.
Momentum Inc
Senior Business Analyst/ Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 8, 2015
Momentum Inc is a IT firm located in Camp Hill, PA. They offer a vast array of services to clients and thier customers. They are a great company to work for.
Productive work enviornment. Surrounded by highly motivated proffesionals.
Material Handle/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Durango, COMay 13, 2015
Everyday is an opportunity to learn and grow. Each day I set the bar a little higher for myself. Failure is not an option. After 25 years in the lumber industry I felt stagnant. Since coming to the oil and gas industry three years ago I feel reborn.
Pros
Constantly learning and growing, great money, travel
Cons
Being away from home for long periods
momentum
DSP (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEApril 24, 2015
i worked at this job for a while. i gained alot of exsprience with working with individual. during the time i was working there they were going threw a change in management and the computer system they used to do documentation on. i found this it be very challenging transition.
Fun and productive
Owner/Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCDecember 17, 2014
A typical day at work was caring for the kids. Making sure they did their work. I learned that a child education is very important. Through this camp there were kids who really needed the extra help that this camp provided. Management was very well organized. My co-workers was great to work with. We was a great team making sure every thing was in place. There wasn't a hard place in the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I would teach a child something and the moment they got it their faces lite up with joy because they had someone there to teach them how to do different things in the work.
Pros
Kids learning throughout the summer
Cons
short breaks
best plave i ever worked
SR welding inspector (Former Employee) –  ohioDecember 7, 2014
Again long hours and endless workdays with no time off but the best place and best people ive ever had the pleasure of working with. A team of very smart intelligent people was brought together for almost two years on this project that was considered unapproachable for the time placement but was achieved with hard work and detication
Pros
co workers
Awesome Experience
Senior Trader (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 24, 2014
Incredible learning experience
Life changing.
Great management
Small company with lots of hands on training
Production and fun work place.
Senior Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clayton, MOOctober 21, 2014
The company is large and you have the chance to learn a lot of various duties. Never a dull day - always something new and exciting to look forward to doing. The company offers great benefits.
I handled a lot of special projects and by doing so learned a lot. it helped me develop research skills. I enjoyed working on problems and finding solutions = better ways to handle situations.
Pros
A more relaxed atmosphere than most businesses.
Cons
The corporate culture does focus on money more than employees
I worked for this company for almost 20 years.
District Sales/Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 21, 2014
I progressed from an entry level service technician to a District Service/Sales Manager. I started in Chicago, IL and at my request was transferred to Phoenix, AZ. I would still be with the company had a merger not taken place and I chose to resign rather than move to Los Angeles.
Pros
Great company all around.
Cons
Computer maintenance field can be very stressful.
Great
Spokesperson (Current Employee) –  NJOctober 1, 2014
Great place to work. love the fun loving people and team of management who lead their staff.
Technical Support
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GASeptember 30, 2014
This company does have some advantages, because they are small company. However, like all call center it is not a family oriented environment. The hardest part of the job is the customer's being frustrated and screaming at you all the time. However, the best part of the job is the people that you will work with! They are some of the greatest people!
Pros
Benefits, Co-Workers, and Oppurtunites for Free stuff
Cons
Stress level, Life/Work Balance, and Shift Bids
a
Advertising Sales/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 4, 2014
went into kroger and sold body comfort
sold $1000 a day there
moving product is hardest part of job
Pros
not many
Cons
traveling with a dangerous amount of product in the car
fun job
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 29, 2014
go in do inventory. then test computer boards the ones that pass, box, and ship them. i learned warehouse skills inventory skills, and shipping skills. management was funny and easy going. co-workers were fun and became good friends. the hardest part was leaving. the most enjoyable part was being there
Pros
fun, easy going
Cons
it closed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Momentum. Our community is ready to answer.