Monadnock Community Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Employment Experience
Nurse (Former Employee) –  NursingJune 15, 2016
Good luck getting a job at MCH. They don't want to hire people with experience and they tell you that your not qualified for a certain job when your resume has x amount of experience right there. If you do get hired dont except to get paid good. Hope this helps :)
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Poor Management
Management is terrible
lna (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, NHDecember 30, 2015
I worked for Monadnock Hospital for many years and left in 2015 due to Management and benefit issues. Management (lower and upper level) tend to do whatever they want and treat employees poorly. Favoritism is rampant throughout the organization, promotions and incentives being given to only a select few who have friends in high places. Benefits are lacking - terrible health insurance that barely covers anything, they only contribute 1% to retirement and before last year they contributed nothing, it wasn't until enough people complained they started the 1% contributions. Hourly pay is around $2 less than other hospitals. Earned time has been decreased over the years. Drama and rumors were quite frequent in the department I worked in as well. There is no way I would ever recommend working at Monadock Community Hospital.
Cons
Poor Management and benefits, hostile work environment
Unit Coordinator / Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, NHFebruary 23, 2016
This hospital is a smaller scale facility that is currently affiliated with Catholic Medical Center in Manchester, NH. The people, equipment, and general atmosphere are positive.
A new CEO was hired last year and came many changes.
Member Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, NHMarch 25, 2015
It wasn't about the people anymore. Only about numbers and moving forward with no input. Many jobs lost, the whole atmosphere has changed. Many important people upset.Sad. We always had such a happy profitable place!
Pros
Community Connections and care
Cons
Now being treated like numbers
My work experience working in a medical office for 10 years.
Office Nurse (LPN) (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, NHAugust 3, 2014
I work in a very fast paced environment which I love. Our Internal Medicine offices have recently merged so the two offices are now one. All my co-workers are a joy to work with and collaboration is the key. The providers are a extremely helpful and ready to assist in patient care in addition to nursing and the office staff. The most enjoyable part of my job is the feedback one receives whether it be the patients, providers or co-workers.
The main and only reason I am looking for a job is to be closer to home. I moved to South Acworth approximately five years ago and my travel time is one hour each way.
Culture developing atmosphere
Patient Financial Services Manager/ISS (Current Employee) –  New HampshireMay 16, 2012
I enjoy my position as manger for financial services as well as an application analysts for our revenue cycle billing software.
In my position I have learned to deal with multi personalities in many various situations.
The most difficult part of my job is to disipline staff.
We have gone thur many financial recoveries at our facility which has made the atmosphere here rather stressful.
Pros
great staff
Cons
lost 401k benefits, took 5% decrerase in pay over 2 year period
Inept management in most areas, lack of accountability and transparancy.
Emergency Department Charge Nurse & Bed Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, NHJanuary 19, 2014
This hospital was a difficult place to work. Clearly in such a small place there is little room for advancement. Over the past several years there has been a high turnover in leadership but, glaring problems still remain. The top three most obvious problems are financial troubles, the overall poor morale from physicians/nurses and support staff and the loss of confidence from the community. As one of the Monadnock Region's largest employers, there needs to be more responsibility and accountability to the patients, staff and the community. Hopefully the new CEO will breath life into MCH and if not, the hospital board of directors will finally be forced to step up.
Cons
ppor leadership & management, nepotism and cronyism
dysfunctional at best
Charge Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, NHDecember 28, 2012
People who work at MCH are very nice. However the upper Management puts unqualified people in managment roles, probably due to budget constraints, but they make horrible decisions due to a lack of management knowledge.Poor financial management and far too much nepotism.
Pros
staff is exceptionally nice, low cost membership to gym
Cons
managment needs updating.
Progressive Community Hospital
OR Curculator (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, NHOctober 27, 2012
Peterborough has the perk of small-town living with a progressive and high-tech hospital. We have a state-of-the art ER and two new OR suites built within the last few years. Personally, I have had opportunities to teach, learn a new unit, and be involved in nursing committees that may have otherwise not been available to me in a larger company.
commited to serving the community
Technologist (Current Employee) –  LaboratorySeptember 15, 2012
The way work life should be with a great workforce, talented people and top notch managers. If you do something great, they move you to the next level with pride. No crazy politics. The best part of living in NH is working in NH.
Pros
great working conditions, staff and managers
Cons
sustainability in current and future healthcare enviorment
we had alot of recognition
Environmental Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, NHJune 12, 2014
always remembered each others birthdays or if someone left had a cake and card at break time.

Worked only Monday thru Friday, had students and others work on week end shifts
Pros
very good people skills in all departments
Cons
could be better team players.
small community hospital
RN (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, NHAugust 6, 2013
I have had multiple opportunities presented to me during my employment at MCH,that I am grateful for; in particular, financial assistance in obtaining my BSN. I met many excellent peers who have become dear friends. I was honored to serve the Monadnock Community.
Pros
caring for small communities.
Great place to work.
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, NHJanuary 16, 2015
Busy days in out patient lab. Learned house to process specimens for send outs. Great people to work with.
Nice Community Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, NHApril 9, 2013
This is a small community hospital that prides itself on its "culture."
Cons
no free lunches.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monadnock Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9