Monadnock Community Hospital

Monadnock Community Hospital Employer Reviews

Inept management in most areas, lack of accountability and transparancy.
Emergency Department Charge Nurse & Bed Manager (Former Employee), Peterborough, NHJanuary 19, 2014
Cons: ppor leadership & management, nepotism and cronyism
This hospital was a difficult place to work. Clearly in such a small place there is little room for advancement. Over the past several years there has been a high turnover in leadership but, glaring problems still remain. The top three most obvious problems are financial troubles, the overall poor morale from physicians/nurses and support staff and – more... the loss of confidence from the community. As one of the Monadnock Region's largest employers, there needs to be more responsibility and accountability to the patients, staff and the community. Hopefully the new CEO will breath life into MCH and if not, the hospital board of directors will finally be forced to step up. – less
small community hospital
RN (Former Employee), Peterborough, NHAugust 6, 2013
Pros: caring for small communities.
I have had multiple opportunities presented to me during my employment at MCH,that I am grateful for; in particular, financial assistance in obtaining my BSN. I met many excellent peers who have become dear friends. I was honored to serve the Monadnock Community.
Nice Community Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Peterborough, NHApril 9, 2013
Cons: no free lunches.
This is a small community hospital that prides itself on its "culture."
dysfunctional at best
Charge Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Peterborough, NHDecember 28, 2012
Pros: staff is exceptionally nice, low cost membership to gym
Cons: managment needs updating.
People who work at MCH are very nice. However the upper Management puts unqualified people in managment roles, probably due to budget constraints, but they make horrible decisions due to a lack of management knowledge.Poor financial management and far too much nepotism.
Progressive Community Hospital
OR Curculator (Current Employee), Peterborough, NHOctober 27, 2012
Peterborough has the perk of small-town living with a progressive and high-tech hospital. We have a state-of-the art ER and two new OR suites built within the last few years. Personally, I have had opportunities to teach, learn a new unit, and be involved in nursing committees that may have otherwise not been available to me in a larger company.
commited to serving the community
Technologist (Current Employee), LaboratorySeptember 15, 2012
Pros: great working conditions, staff and managers
Cons: sustainability in current and future healthcare enviorment
The way work life should be with a great workforce, talented people and top notch managers. If you do something great, they move you to the next level with pride. No crazy politics. The best part of living in NH is working in NH.
Culture developing atmosphere
Patient Financial Services Manager/ISS (Current Employee), New HampshireMay 16, 2012
Pros: great staff
Cons: lost 401k benefits, took 5% decrerase in pay over 2 year period
I enjoy my position as manger for financial services as well as an application analysts for our revenue cycle billing software.
In my position I have learned to deal with multi personalities in many various situations.
The most difficult part of my job is to disipline staff.
We have gone thur many financial recoveries at our facility which has made – more... the atmosphere here rather stressful. – less