Monarch Dental Employee Reviews in United States

Dental
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 16, 2016
Monarch Dental is great place to start out. The benefits are good. The work and life balance is hard because they want you to work evenings and weekends. It is a good place to get your feet wet but very hard to advance.
Rewarding
Patient Benefits Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 20, 2016
I work with a Periodontist. Working with the patients, doctor and team is wonderful. I enjoy helping patients. The stress put on a coordinator can be a bit overwhelming, but learning to prioritize helps with handling the position. The hardest part is trying to help patients with financing treatment, when they do not have the funds to finance. The best part is seeing a patient out of pain or smiling because the are now confident with their smile.
Company is very loving
Registered Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXApril 28, 2016
The company takes care of you. Good salary, busy practice, patients love monarch dental. The staff is amazing and incredible. They are very friendly.
good place to extern
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Oak, TXSeptember 14, 2015
Aside from the attitudes of the other dental assistants, a very good place to learn..Dentists are willing to teach. Long hours, but good experience.
Corporate Environment
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 8, 2015
Dental Assistant: Assisting hygienists and Dentist in a corporate environment. Good management and staff and supportive benefits.
Front Desk Assistant- Externship (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 5, 2015
Staff friendly, patients friendly, very informational, fast paced work, and very beneficial. Manager has an attitude every other day though that results in stressed out workers.
Pros
Benefits/Pay/Workplace comfortable
Cons
Manager Attitude
Monarch dental
Registered Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXOctober 8, 2015
Monarch was my first job starting in the dental field, it was really easy and the dentists were so helpful and layed back they had so much patience on teaching me everything step by step. i loved it and learned so much and when i had to leave it was so hard.
Pros
1 hour lunch and worked saturdays.!
Cons
no pedatricians
Working for this company
Lead Pediatric Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 30, 2014
The management has changed more than 3 times since I have been there. But I was able to conform to the new ways the manager wanted things done. A typical day for me would include Arriving at office and unpacking supplies, setting up all rooms and trays, greeting patients, taking xrays, exams and cleanings done on periodic and initial exam patients, treatment outlines gone over with patients parent and scheduling a patient. If I do treatment that day I assist with him during PSSC, composites and extractions.
I have had 2 turnovers in staff due to the fact that we travel and they just couldn't do it anymore. The staff I had I personally trained to the way the DR works. I try to create a friendly and fun environment for my staff so that we all can enjoy what we do. The hardest part of the job was disciplining co-workers when they weren't doing their job. The most enjoyable part is working with the children and educating them and their parents in good oral hygiene.
Pros
occasional monthly bonuses ( if we meet goal ), occasional free lunch, healthcare, travel pay
Cons
compensation, high turnover, too long of breaks
productive work place great team members
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 19, 2015
A typical day at work was very productive but very very busy M-F. I learned how to be work in a fast pace work place and be able to handle all kinds of situations. The management was great. Co-workers were great as well I loved working with them we all worked very well together and got a lot done in an 8 hour work day. Hardest part of the job was some days it didn't seem there was enough hours in the day. Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing patients who came in to get their braces and also patients who got theirs taken off and to see how excited they all were with the progress of their new smiles.
Was just another job
Registered Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas,TxAugust 10, 2012
Management was ok the doctors were great loved my co workers.Hardest part bout working at Monarch was the company they wantedto much out of you without compensating you for it.The most enjoyable part of my job was learning procedures in the dental field.
Pros
very educational in dental field
Cons
no raises time cut
Flexible Job
PATIENT CARE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 11, 2015
Love the office and the staff, but very inconsistent with an office doctor. Prices are a little on the high side but patient's always seem to come back.
Pros
cheap dental for employees, great benefits, PTO, paid holidays.
Cons
inconsistency with doctors all the time
Drama
Lead Dentist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Elm, TXJanuary 12, 2015
The company should invest in training the staff to retain employees,it is a new assistant every six months.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
dentis and management treat assistant like they are inferior.
bonus if productive on monthly basis
Dental Assisting (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 29, 2014
At the beginning of the day we huddle to talk about the schedule for the day, if there's any updates or changes it's discussed.what I learned at my job is everyday is a new day and learning never ends no matter how long you've been working.to me management needs a little improvement,especially when you are dealing with a large staff and different personalities.taking sides with your staff should not be an option, but being fair is.when working with co-workers I try to get along because we are with each other for 9 hrs a day, it's a struggle, but My word says, I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST THAT STRENGTHENS ME. The Hardest part of the job is learning a new doctor and the way he/she works, and you can do all you can to please then and you get no credit.so in other words whatever you do is never good enough.The most enjoyable part of my job is Helping people change there smile to make them feel better about themselves, and outlook on life because believe it or not your smile makes a difference in you.
Pros
christmas lunch
Cons
healthcare
Horrible place to work!
Orthodontic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas Fort Worth TXDecember 25, 2012
Can't keep managers. Keeps taking away hours. I've been there 2 years and less that .50 cent raise! Doesn't compensate for all the traveling we do. They took away all our benefits after cutting hours, Ridiculously underpaid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!They don't care about their employees.
Pros
good work hours
Cons
bad pay! equipment falling apart! no raises! no advancment! they don't care about their employees
No Growth Opportunities
Lead RDA (Former Employee) –  Murphy, TXFebruary 7, 2014
There was no growth opportunities. All about numbers and production. Unhealthy work environment.
Pros
hours 9-6 m-f
Cons
poor management/ no raises
My days at monarch was interesting.
Chairside Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2013
I enjoyed my coworkers at monarch,and the insurance plan we had,with United Health Care.Our days were very busy on Wednesday, at that time,some days very few.A typical day at work was very busy ,in all department.So we were running with our necks cut off like chickens.We all help each other ,like sisters, and brother,but we also had our bad days as well.It took us a little time to get use to one another,and we did.We became like one big family.When the days were cut short it made it very difficult to pay bills,and buy gas.That was the hardest part. I enjoyed the family conversations,and the hugs we gave one another.The management at that time was great,she was very understanding ,and fair about a lot of things,I learn how to make bleaching trays,mouth guards packing cord,making temp teeth.
Pros
i enjoyed the free, c.e. classes
Cons
i didn, t enjoy, the lunch, being cut off short, but we had to do, to finish the day.
Productive staff & Great Dr.
Orthodontic Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2014
A typical day at work would be doing adjustments on patients, starting new patients, assisting the Dr. in whatever they may need,& going through treatment plans. Everyday I would seem to learn an easier more productive way to work with patients from Dr. Management is very knowledgable about guiding patients through the entire process.Hardest part of the job is trying to get all patients out in a timely manner as to not interrupt their daily schedule. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing patients at the end of their treatment happy with the results.
Pros
get to work with people who genuinley enjoy their job
Cons
patients who dont follow treatment plan, and break brackets further prolonging their estimated time to be in braces.
Somewhat productive, did have a variety of lab work accomplished to accomodate patients
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 20, 2012
I learned the Dr. did not want me to find work possibly needed, too small of office lab was totally disconnected from office and only organized to an extent
Not a team, everyone out for themselves
Lack of communication between management and Dr. with myself and the morning drive was hardest part of job
Enjoyable was finding the job and the paycheck
Co-workers were ok for most part
Pros
good food shared at certain occasions
Cons
restrooms, supply closet, dr. not in charge, housekeeping, drs. had no office
Would not recommend
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARFebruary 10, 2014
upper management is not supportive, nor encouraging,, lack training and ethics
Pros
unknown
Cons
upper management is not supportive, long hours low pay
Great place to work with fun, entertergic team members
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXMarch 15, 2015
I would take x- rays on the patients, assist the doctor with dental procedures and provide friendly customer service to all the patients. Also I would clean, sterilize instruments and around the dental office. The hardest part of the job was that the office didn't get enough patients so I just cleaned the office most of the time and the most enjoyable part was the people there, they were so nice and fun to be around.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monarch Dental. Our community is ready to answer.