Monarch Investment and Management Group

Monarch Investment and Management Group Employee Reviews

down sized
Culinary Director (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNNovember 14, 2017
I had to leave because of company counting money instead of ######
didn't have a choice then cutting pay in half then lost my manager role only to be a cook
Pros
liked dierecting staff and clinical
Cons
many hours worked with out pay
productive and active
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Franktown, COOctober 4, 2017
I started under the management of newly took over of different company who damage the structure of maintaining the complex but will took it from the button to top
Pros
great employee
Cons
good residents
Terrible management
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 6, 2017
If your the bottom of the chain (Maintenance). Your treated like trash. They play favorites and don't care at all for any input, if it doesn't coincide with theirs. Complete trash company, no room to and even if your the best employee, they will not recognize you. wouldn't return if I was offered 250k/year.
Pros
Absolutely none
good company
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJuly 20, 2017
Great company to work for with great benefits. The management is really food. The pay rate is good. Overall i have no complaints and my rime there has been wonderful.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Urbana IL
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILJune 9, 2017
Largest property complex in town yet the lowest paid salary and commission. Does not support employees. Managements plays both side of the fense. No room for advancememts. Managers hire their friends. One day you're liked the next day you're hated and they look for reasons to fire you. Your pay will go down repeatedly due to frequent change in the pay structure.

If you work there and leave the company they will not pay you out your earned commissions. Management lies and plays staff against each other.

They are about making money for themselves and staff is treated unfairly. Use to be a nice place to work til management within the office changed. With 6 staff members in the office why do you need 3 different managers???
Pros
Some residents are awesome
Cons
Pay is poor, office structure is poor, managers are poor
Amazing Company to work for from day 1.. I feel valued
Regional Recruiter (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIJune 5, 2017
Monarch Investment and Management Group is exactly where I want to be and where I should be. I have been promoted within and each year given a raise based on my performance. That is awesome. I have always felt like they care about me and I feel valued when I go home every day. If you are looking for a career change or not sure what you want to do get involved with the company and make your CAREER happen. I have never worked for a better company.
Pros
Raises each year, paid holidays off, paid advanced training/schooling after a year, commissions, renewal commission, quarterly bonus potential, yearly anniversary gifts, boot reimbursement
Cons
Not matching 401K
Challenging, love the travel and property acquisitions
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Franktown, COMay 9, 2017
A great job to fall back on my feet after the economic downturn of 2008.
Love the staff and the challenges and deadlines.
Hard to support 50 properties with one man shop.
Pros
Company and Staff
Cons
Too stressful
Professional organization
Lead Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 5, 2017
Monarch was a pleasure to work for. They challenged me as a tech and helped to train me in several areas including HVAC and electrical as well as maintaining a pool. Lively culture and supportive. Would do business with them again should the opportunity arise
Pros
Positive work environment and professional
Cons
wages were below par
Love love love
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  IllinoisApril 29, 2017
MIMG gets where the employees are coming from. They are flexible with schedules IT'S THE BEST! I wish they had properties in my prospective relocation site!
Good place to have a career
Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganApril 25, 2017
Lot's of advancement and opportunities. Many different positions and responsibilities but good work gets recognized quickly and many are promoted from within.
fun at times, can be stressful
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 15, 2017
a typical work day consisted of completing work tickets for residents, getting vacant apartments ready for move ins, knowing how to talk and handle residents, keeping up with the exterior of the buildings too make sure that everything is okay. I learned a lot, such as, plumbing work, electrical work, how to work on appliances, and furthered my residential HVAC skills. The management was never the same and not the best. The management was always changing, because either the managers had quit or were fired. The managers expected us to commit every minute of our life to work and cancel any and every plans that we made outside of work. If you could not do this, then you would get in trouble, and written up. workplace culture was fine for the most part. the hardest part of the job was having to commit every minute of my life to the job and working constant overtime, and if i had plans they had to be cancelled or I was threatened to possibly lose my job. Which is ridiculous considering I spent every day late at work or coming in early to keep them happy, even if we were not behind. the most enjoyable part of the job was doing what i love. the job it self was not stressful, i actually really enjoyed what i did, the people i worked with and how they ran the company is what made it stressful.
Pros
hour long lunch breaks
Cons
terrible management, stressful place to work
Customer Service / Leasing Representative (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIApril 4, 2017
I loved working for the company if only the communication was alot better I would still be a employee I am a hard worker and I'm dedicated to my work I renewed 85 leases in one day
Pros
Meet new people expand my knowledge
Cons
No recognition for hourly employees
Run far away from this company they will chew you up and spit you out!!!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  IowaFebruary 22, 2017
Policies change way to often upper management seems to play favoritism and likes to play staff members against one another. If this company keeps on discriminating and picking on employees I see a lawsuit in their future.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Rude and condescending upper management, improper staff training
Very knowledgeable fast paced
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 13, 2017
Working for Monarch has been a great learning experience and I have been given a lot of training in my short time with them. It's been great learning from all of the staff.
Run away!
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHFebruary 12, 2017
Stay away from this company! They are extremely unprofessional. I had a situation happen during my time there that was not taken seriously. If you are thinking of working for employment with a corporate company, run away from this one!
Pros
Cons
Too many to type
Strong Entrepreneurial Spirt
Database and Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Franktown, COJanuary 30, 2017
A great company with strong job security. They value strong data analysis skills and contributions to the company culture. Sometimes it seems difficult to communicate with upper management.
Lots of travel
Roaving painter (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, MIDecember 27, 2016
Moved around the state and some times out of state with this job and usually gone a week at a time. Management was something to be desired as they were slow to follow up on promises but fast to come down on you if a mistake was made.
Great place to advance career.
Employee Relations Associate (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 25, 2016
Additionally, received a portfolio of special projects that required strict budgetary needs and deadlines in order to assist with the refinancing inspections of the property and the selection of new vendors.
Great Oppourtunity
Assistant Resident Manager / Travel Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 10, 2016
MiMg gave me the opportunity to provide my expertise and skills. Allowed me to travel within their portfolio. This was great opportunity. Worked with talented associates.
The best part of my duties was the ability to travel from state to state.
Pros
Great Compensation, Work Ethic, Professional Growth
Cons
Program closed
Typical corp structure out for bottom line nothing else
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 8, 2016
Typical corp structure out for bottom line nothing else. Over worked under paid and poorly staffed. Very hostile and dangerous work environment with no regards to employee saftey

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monarch Investment and Management Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Monarch Investment and Management Group Reviews by Location