Monarch Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work. Dance studio, ceramics studio, art and gift shop
Developmental Specialist (Current Employee), Albemarle, NCAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Opportunities to further ones education, individuals are encouraged to have positive freedom of expressions through their art and pottery
Cons: low mileage reimbursement
Work one on one with an individual running person centered goals, community outings, sign language class, making and selling art, pottery and jewelry.

My job has taught me patience, compassion and respect for individuals with special needs as well as co-workers.
Monarch insures all trainings are up to date and gives opportunities to further your education in this field.

Management has an open door policy which helps with communication and problem solving.

The documentation is extensive which is understandable in making sure goals are being followed and behaviors are addressed.

Volunteer opportunities has us out in the community working with different organizations in the community. It is a joy to see an individual with special needs excel and see there self-esteem grow each day.
Ambiguous feelings
Behavioral Health Outpatient Therapist (Current Employee), Albemarle NCJuly 18, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: decreasing employee benefits, no job mobility, nepotism, salaries increases are based upon the descretion of administration
I love the work that I do as well as the clients and my coworkers. After 6 years with this company while I am happy to be employed I can not say that I am satisfied with the company because of the lack of stability that I have had since starting here. The benefits package has steadily decreased over the years yet the expectations for the employees has increased with limited compensation.
Quality mental health care that is accessible to everyone.
Outpatient Behavioral Health Nurse (Current Employee), Lexington, NCJuly 13, 2015
Pros: More freedom with managing my duties., More responsibility to handle issues by myself., Not as much documentation as in a nursing home setting.
Cons: Physicians and patients come first to me, which meant that "break time" didn't really exist in my daily schedule.
Typically at work I would provide direct suppot to physicians; getting vital signs, collecting urine specimens for drug analysis. Called in prescriptions to pharmacies, process prescription refill requests. Also completed prior authorizations for insurance companies and dealt with any questions or concerns from either patient or providers.
Flexable hours
team leader for supported employment program (Current Employee), Albemarle, NCJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Flexable hours
Cons: No chance for advancement when you reach a certain point
I have been employed with Monarch for 20 years. I have remined employed here mostly because I am a single parent and the hours are flexble. Co-workers are great and supportive of each other. Not room for growth though.
Somewhat job security, Stressful at times & Challenge, To much Micro Management
Vocational Professional (Former Employee), Albemarle, NCMay 28, 2015
Group morning meetings, review all 96 clients conditions and compliance levels, visit 16 clients a day. enjoyed working with all co-workers, paper work, not all reports were on computer network. enjoyed hours Mon-Fri with weekends off.
good place to work
Welder (Former Employee), Rolling Meadows, ILMay 27, 2015
Pros: the union
Cons: management
This was a very productive company and the co-workers was easy to get along with. management had there issues but over all great company this was a welder company just as well.
learning experience
Developmental Specialist (Current Employee), Asheboro, NCMay 22, 2015
Pros: helping others
Cons: pay
supervisor and most co-workers were great to work with. you must be able to deal with all different kinds of people. if you dont have a passion for helping others this isnt the place to work.
Behavioral Health Outpatient Therapist (Current Employee), Albemarle NCMay 20, 2015
Monarch is a good place to work in that there is a lot of opportunities for change. As a clinician it can be difficult because you are expected to do everything for the client which is not reasonable given the nature of some of their issues, i.e. homelessness, unemployment, illnesses etc. In addition the expectation is that you can see any type of client even if you are not qualified to work with that particular population.
Nice place to work
Developmental Specialist (Current Employee), Albemarle, NCMay 17, 2015
Pros: Meals on wheels and seeing my work being enjoyed by others.
Cons: only part time jobs available
Sometimes I provide transportation for individuals by driving the facility van then volunteer in meals on wheels. After lunch attend class with one-on-one individual to assist in classroom activities. Assist other co-workers with activities for individuals. Hardest part of job is sitting in class and not being actively participating or being able to keep busy. Enjoyable part is seeing how all individuals enjoy the help we offer and seeing how they are able to complete a small job we take for granted.
A good company.
Employment Support Professional (Former Employee), Albemarle, NCApril 16, 2015
Pros: Decent pay and benefits.
Cons: Inexperienced lower and mid level management.
I used to love this position and was very successful at it. It's a great feeling to help people find jobs. To see people succeed is wonderful!! However, when making money is put before helping people, it's no longer providing human services.
loved it!!
Developmental Specialist (Former Employee), new bern ncApril 8, 2015
Pros: loved everything this job is about
Cons: none
Monarch is a great company to be apart of. They strive to help individuals with special needs, they are understanding and a caring organization.
ok place to work
Developmental Specialist (Former Employee), Biscoe, NCApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great environment
Cons: No Benefit
this was the best place to work family owned business who's core value was to always display great customer service to because if there are no customers then there will be no business
Rough start but enjoyed the work
Front End Loader Operator (Former Employee), Florence, ALMarch 10, 2015
Pros: the job and bcbs insurance
Cons: laid off during recession
I started through a temp service. Starting at 7/hr while people doing the same thing made 11/hr is rough for anyone ,but I was glad to have a job. When I went full time my supervisor give me a chance to do new things. Operating the front end loader unloading rail cars was exciting to me so I liked my job. Went to the kilns for more money only to get laid off the next week during the recession.
monarch
Developmental Specialist (Current Employee), Monroe, ncFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: working with people who actually need you, benefits, going on outings with clients
Cons: behaviors from clients
I loved coming into this job even if i were having a bad day my clients made it better everyday. it was a joy to work with this company
excellent company good benefits
Community Specialist (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 31, 2015
this company makes sure you have the equipment to do your job properly. the supervisors are johnny on the spot in returning phone calls and getting answers for you.
Company Van, going places
Developmental Specialist (Former Employee), Albemarle, NCNovember 4, 2014
Pros: holiday pay, comfortable setting
Cons: low pay, no cost of living increases, health insurance was poor.
I enjoyed the clients. They were like family to me. The work was not hard. I began the day giving baths and preparing breakfast. Then I took the clients to the day program where I helped them to learn skills. The hardest part of the job were when the clients have behaviors. Some were violent behaviors. And some were verbal abusive behaviors, name calling, cursing etc.
Productive and fun.
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 3, 2014
Pros: the work
Cons: short breaks
I really liked working at Monarch it was always exciting everyday i was there because of the size of the products and i was always welding.
DSR
Developmental Specialist Vocational (Current Employee), Raford, NCOctober 5, 2014
Pros: great environment to work
Cons: bad days when individual is not having a good day
I am a developmental specialist for individuals who are intellectual disabled.I provide transportation to and from doctor's appointments and to the vocational program in their home town. I ensure medications are ordered in a timely manner and that the MARS are correct. I also files paperwork and assist in daily activities.
Job title and duties were very enjoyable
Developmental Specialist (Former Employee), New Bern, NCSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: always learning new things
Cons: short breaks healthcare
Worked with clients with special disabilities mostly worked on their appointed goals and taking them out in the community seeing and learning doing various activities. I learned that management consist of a lot of details especially dealing with various personalities. It's a multi-task job. Worked with co-worker very well. The hardest part of management is being consistant accurate and understanding but being firm in making decisions. The most enjoyable part was just being around clients and my co-worker making the job as enjoyable as possible.
was a great job
File Clerk (Former Employee), Columbus, GASeptember 11, 2014
I enjoyed working i learned how to file paper work for the company, the management was great, got along great with my coworkers, the hardest part was getting paper cuts while trying to file, the enjoyable part was doing getting everything filed.