Monarch Employee Reviews

Direct Support Professional
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 22, 2017
Productive workplace. Management expose staff to inside and outside training, individual safety and environment important. Staff follow care of plan. Learnt different therapeutic experience daily, Staff worked as a team and am, pm activities were perform by staff. The hardest part is when staff has to pick individual at home when it snowed. Enjoyable part of the job is community outing to individual choice of interest in the community.
Great place to work, management not so great
Developmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCApril 25, 2017
I worked with monarch for 5.5 Years and every year was good. I learned a lot of skills and information while working there. I had an issue with managment my last year working due to some issues that she had, however it had nothing to do with the company. The company overall was great. I was in it for my passion and dedication for people.
Pros
Trainings provided, Incentitives for keeping up trainings
Cons
It takes away from my family time at home, They dont make you feel appreciated as a company
Its a good 'first' job to prepare you in this field.
Developmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albemarle, NCApril 25, 2017
You are never going to be promoted or make a livable income. All the money stays at the top and a lot of the managers are lazy and set in their ways. The staff is stressed out all of the time and always turning one one and other trying to get ahead. It's not going to happen unless you have a masters degree and you can't afford that working here. The people you support are the only reward or reason to stay.
Cons
The management structure is terrible and no one wants to listen.
It is a Job not Career
Community Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 17, 2017
One on one
building skills
mentally stressful at times
ability to accomplish goals set with clients we serve
no raise even after 1 year (less pay for training)
It's really friendly pple
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  South Saint Paul, MNApril 16, 2017
I am happy to work for company like monarch and I will recommend to my fellow friends to have like that chance I hope you take my advice thanks monarch they like my family
Pros
Free gift holiday's
Nice sales job
Sales (Former Employee) –  North TonawandaMarch 27, 2017
I sold high end handbags at Monarch. The pressure was high to make sales, but it was enjoyable selling nice products. It was also interesting learning about the industry.
Great
Developmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCMarch 22, 2017
Working at monarch has open my eyes up the the many different mental disablities that are in the world today monarch has taught me how to love equally
I am not very happy here. At one time i was
DSR (Current Employee) –  Ellerbe, NCMarch 15, 2017
If you have a good boss it is good to work here. If u have a lazy and unqualified boss it sucks!!! I really can not stress there needs to be better pay, benefits, appreciation, and very good staff for this place to work well. My staff is good but when we lost our good boss we have to do without computer paper and supplies. If u r lazy do not put in for management. There needs to be someone to go in and checks if they do their job right. The people we support has to be able to be taken care of and if we the staff is not taken care of who suffers.....all!!!
Pros
Good people
Cons
Bonuses, raises, all are no existant.
Great organization
BEHAVIORAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Rockingham, NCFebruary 22, 2017
Monarch is a wonderful company to work at. I have learned and met a lot of individual working in this type of job setting. Management and all stuff I have work under and with is great I really enjoy working at monarch. Most definitely I love the people that we support at monarch. Really its not a hard put to this job you cant have to make sure u treat everybody with respect.
Good Work Experience
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJanuary 4, 2017
I have gained great work experience and the environment makes it a great place to work. It is fairly easy to talk to management. The only downside is that the pay is not competitive with the market.
Providing assistance to individuals with mental health issues.
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 30, 2016
I enjoy the residents that I serve. They are the reason why I am still at Monarch. I have not been pleased with the changes of mangement.
Very little support from supervisors
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCDecember 12, 2016
Not enough staff. They take advantage of salary employees and pay little to the staff they do have. Monarch does not treat the staff they do have fairly.
Pros
Easy to get a job
Cons
Not very compeditive pay rates
Stable Agency with many great perks
Residential Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCDecember 6, 2016
Overall a great place to work. The people in our area are incredible and the individuals that we support are even more so! Very stable agency and the people working in this area are amazing. This has been the best employer I have worked for to date.
can take clients on trips and outings in the community
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Albemarle, NCNovember 9, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the clients meet their goals. The benefits and management could be much better.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Poor pay
Environment
Director of Program Operations (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 7, 2016
Great Great Great place to learn as a professional. You will engage with people from all walks of life and you should always have an open disposition to embrace change.
Great learning experience. The managers drive the bus, and throw their employees under its' wheels to cover themselves.
CMA (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 29, 2016
Firstly; if you are a person of high spiritual, moral and ethical standards, don't bother to apply. You will soon be required to lose them all, because the hype of "We love the people we serve." is just that, hype.
The payscale was pretty good for my area. Pto is reasonable, but if you leave you won't get any balance of it. Insurance is practically worthless for the hourly employee. Premiums and deductibles are so high, you're better off taking the penalty and paying OO pocket.
I worked for these so-called professionals for a year. The only real professionals within their walls are the hourly employees who haven't had their Monarch awakening yet.
There are no real standard procedures, because upper and middle management trades places so often the ink on the last procedure isn't cold before the next manager sends down another.
And if you expect to get appreciated for what you do, forget it. Management is constantly shooting emails around, blowing each others' horn, while doing absolutely nothing for the hourly employee.
Be careful. Don't make anyone above you angry. The managers will lie collectively to justify your reprimand, or even termination. Remember, HR is in the group with them. You'll have no advocate there. What you say to them comes back to your boss.
Oooh. Word to the wise. You will have no friends. Everyone you work with is a rat in the wood pile.
A typical day at work: Loving the patients served, and the shame is they have no continuity with care givers because the caregivers are always leaving or getting fired.
It was always rush, rush, rush, but I loved
  more... it. I did it for the patients, and those people know it.
What I learned: Read the first five or six paragraphs.
management: Again, read the above.
Coworkers: I liked them, loved several, but most will gang up on you with gossip.
Hardest part of the job: Having to accept the fact I allowed myself to be snow jobbed by catty, gossipy, unqualified petty managers.
Most enjoyable part: Again, working with the patients,
Pros
reaonable pay, weekends and holidays off, generous pto
Cons
Unqualified management, Managers are untrained, petty, catty and gossipy, No advancement
Horrible culture.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albemarle, NCOctober 19, 2016
Horrible culture. Lots of retaliation. Company does not care for people receiving services and the employees. Does not promote what the advertisements say.
Pros
Helping the people we supported
Cons
Management, no good leadership
My Day at Monarch
Developmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCOctober 18, 2016
Lots of happy greetings from people we support and staff. Work one on one with a individual. Support this person is keeping healthy goals. Exercising 3 times a week. Find creative projects that spark this person's interests. Volunteering in the community. Attending education classes 4 days a week. Being a positive support to the person I support and staff.
Coworkers are friendly, positive and supportive.
Environment. The building we work out of is old, dirty and out dated.
The most rewarding part of my job is seeing the happiness in the person's face of the person I support.
Seeing the success of this person reaching the highest potential.
The fact that this person is so excited to go with me 5 days a week and we have a great adventure together.
Pros
I am allowed to be creative in all ways.
Cons
Amount of pay, travel far from where I live, the building.
Stay at home with the elderly
Developmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wadesboro, NCOctober 14, 2016
assist the client with daily activities, which consisted of cooking, cleaning, grooming, and running errands. The aide usually does more work that's not required on there time sheet.
N/a
ACTT Services- Case Management (Current Employee) –  Albemarle, NCSeptember 17, 2016
Decline to make a commitment. Research the information that you are requesting . It is a great organization! IF you looking for stability it is a great company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monarch. Our community is ready to answer.