Monarch Employee Reviews in United States

Rewarding opertunity to work with adults with disabilities
Developmental Specialist (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCJune 9, 2016
This is a hard but rewarding job. The pay is not great however you come to love the clients and staff like family. The direct management is good and really care about the care and quality of life for the clients. The overall company does not provide the things need to satisfy the clients wishes and dreams. This is not a positions for someone how can not clean bodily fluids or a person who is afraid of germs. This position requires a great deal of patients.
Working with the families and children are great!
In-Home Counselor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 3, 2016
Initially I thought Monarch was a great place to work with a lot of team work and support provided. That was not the case. The responsibilities of the job are appropriate, however in larger cities and rural areas, I do think the pay compensation and gas reimbursement is not sufficient. Trainings are great. I observed that immediate supervisors are not supportive. They pass on work that they do not want to complete, however they sign off on treatment plans that they themselves did not complete. There is definitely a lack of communication in higher management. There was not a good transition of management. I had no one to report to for 3-4 months (I had only started a month and a half before I no longer had an immediate supervisor). There is lack of support when voicing concerns especially ethical ones. Unfortunately I became a target when I voiced concerns to immediate supervisor (no change came about) addressed concerns with their supervisor, which was a bad idea because in turn I became a target and was fired. It was really unfortunate because I was dedicated to getting the families the services they needed. There was no cohesiveness in the team approach, because some counselors would do things that another counselor was not comfortable doing and caused an issue of lack of client participation and parents thinking that "that's how it is supposed to be"
Pros
Working with the children and families were teh pros. The training that is provided is good, especially for those that want a career in the mental health/human services field.
Cons
Pay. Management
Lacof Communication
Behavior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 26, 2016
I learned that it was not the job for me because I was there more than home doing the job of 3 people. The schedule was awful , sometimes working 3 to 4 days in a row.
Pros
free meals
Cons
high turn over
Nice stepping stone, at least for IT
IT Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 25, 2016
Work culture is relaxed, and typically not for profit. A nice place to settle, but not for for those who want to be challenged.

Gives you a good feeling of helping the community.
Good place to work at enjoy working with individual people.
Program Manager, Qualified Professional (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 12, 2016
Good place to work for enjoy the flexable hours enjoyed being on call and assisting individuals with there personal needs.
A productive place to work.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Albemarle, NCApril 14, 2016
Nice place to work. Hours are steady and management is very informative. There is room for advancement with this organization.
interesting
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMarch 8, 2016
One of my most favorable experiences in the work field. I would still be employed had I not had to relocate. I only wish I could go back to this position.
Working in the help field
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 13, 2016
If you are aware of the job expected and have the heart to complete the duties, a great place to work. Rewarding seeing the dreams of the people supported.
Pros
job security
Cons
coworkers
I enjoyed working with mentally challenged individuals
Direct Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCNovember 22, 2015
I helped clients that were mentally and physically challenged with the skills they needed with everyday living such as cooking for them cleaning and assisting them with running goals with hand over hand techniques. Helping them be involved in the community by going to the park nursing homes or various community activities.
Pros
I really enjoyed working with the individuals
Cons
Needed better pay to help provide for my family
Direct Support, Community Advocate Specialist
Direct Support Advocate Community Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 1, 2015
IN- Home Skill building, Trasnporatation, Life coach, Safety Coach,
Peer Support and Peer Mentoring.

Staff demonstrateas healthy habits and skill development: reading, writing, daily task, meal plan and grocery shopping. Staff transports clients to medical appointments, housing and benefit information fillede out. Staff encourages healthy behavior and like skills.
Great Teamwork
Employment Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 13, 2015
Monarch was a very great place to work. The co-workers there were very friendly and were great team player. I was laid off because they shut my whole program down.
Pros
flexable schedule
24/7 on call servicing over 40 addresses
maintenance journeyman (Former Employee) –  new bern,ncSeptember 21, 2015
Working with hundreds of some of the nicest/ underpaid people you could ever meet is not enough to offset the overwhelming amount of work for even the most organized person. Management has a top down approach that keeps employees from reaching out to coworkers to gain a sense of progress in there shared goals.
Crisis Unit
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro , NCSeptember 15, 2015
Assists in reporting of data to the Local Mental Entity (LME), reviewing medical records for quantitative accuracy and completeness, and ensuring records are prepared for billing.
Checks for insurance status of people receiving services and assists in the downloading of psychiatric evaluations and maintaining data bases. Works with other clerical support staff to ensure that telephone and reception functions are done. Provide care to individuals receiving services in a manner that ensures safety, clients rights, confidentiality, comfort, dignity and a therapeutic environment. Carry out functions that contribute to the effectiveness and safety of the unit including crisis intervention, taking vital signs, observation of individuals receiving services. Responsible for maintaining inventory supplies and make appropriate requisitions. Ensure an environment conducive to recovery consistent with and Crisis Services philosophy and best practice. Respect the rights of individuals receiving services to make choices within the available parameters and make every effort to follow the individuals receiving services crisis plan. Work with clients and families and other team members to ensure the crisis stabilization unit provides individuals receiving services with a safe and supportive environment consistent with recovery concepts and person centered planning.
working at monarch
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southern Pines,NCAugust 15, 2015
when i arrive at the person i supports house i make sure she is read has eat and has taken her medicine. then i take her anywhere she would like to go. I also take her to her jobs. three times a week I wash her hair and help with her bath. I fix her hair and help pic out cloths for the next day. i also help with any food she would like to eat. Three times a week i change her ilostomy bag.
this job has helped me to work better with people with Downs syndrome. And has should me how they can be so happy.
The hardest part of this job is how some people treat people with a disability.
The best part is how they teach you to be happy all the time.
Productive and fun place to work. Dance studio, ceramics studio, art and gift shop
Developmental Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albemarle, NCAugust 2, 2015
Work one on one with an individual running person centered goals, community outings, sign language class, making and selling art, pottery and jewelry.

My job has taught me patience, compassion and respect for individuals with special needs as well as co-workers.
Monarch insures all trainings are up to date and gives opportunities to further your education in this field.

Management has an open door policy which helps with communication and problem solving.

The documentation is extensive which is understandable in making sure goals are being followed and behaviors are addressed.

Volunteer opportunities has us out in the community working with different organizations in the community. It is a joy to see an individual with special needs excel and see there self-esteem grow each day.
Pros
Opportunities to further ones education, individuals are encouraged to have positive freedom of expressions through their art and pottery
Cons
low mileage reimbursement
Good program for women
COUNSELOR, ASSISTANT PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKJuly 27, 2015
Staff was supported. Patients had many hardships and Monarch cared about helping each of them with all areas of thier life. Funding was difficult through grants at times.
Ambiguous feelings
Behavioral Health Outpatient Therapist (Current Employee) –  Albemarle NCJuly 18, 2015
I love the work that I do as well as the clients and my coworkers. After 6 years with this company while I am happy to be employed I can not say that I am satisfied with the company because of the lack of stability that I have had since starting here. The benefits package has steadily decreased over the years yet the expectations for the employees has increased with limited compensation.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
decreasing employee benefits, no job mobility, nepotism, salaries increases are based upon the descretion of administration
Quality mental health care that is accessible to everyone.
Outpatient Behavioral Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lexington, NCJuly 13, 2015
Typically at work I would provide direct suppot to physicians; getting vital signs, collecting urine specimens for drug analysis. Called in prescriptions to pharmacies, process prescription refill requests. Also completed prior authorizations for insurance companies and dealt with any questions or concerns from either patient or providers.
Pros
More freedom with managing my duties., More responsibility to handle issues by myself., Not as much documentation as in a nursing home setting.
Cons
Physicians and patients come first to me, which meant that "break time" didn't really exist in my daily schedule.
Flexable hours
team leader for supported employment program (Current Employee) –  Albemarle, NCJuly 6, 2015
I have been employed with Monarch for 20 years. I have remined employed here mostly because I am a single parent and the hours are flexble. Co-workers are great and supportive of each other. Not room for growth though.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
No chance for advancement when you reach a certain point
Somewhat job security, Stressful at times & Challenge, To much Micro Management
Vocational Professional (Former Employee) –  Albemarle, NCMay 28, 2015
Group morning meetings, review all 96 clients conditions and compliance levels, visit 16 clients a day. enjoyed working with all co-workers, paper work, not all reports were on computer network. enjoyed hours Mon-Fri with weekends off.