Mondelez International

Mondelez International Employer Reviews

Good Place to Work
Various Positions Held (Current Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 17, 2014
Mondelez is a good place to work. There is a decent work-life balance in most roles, though some positions require more "extra attention" than others. Most of the management personnel is very approachable. The Wilkes-Barre facility usually hosts a number of on-site events such as ice cream socials, career fairs, networking events, etc, which is encouraging – more... to employees to participate, learn more about various roles, and meet each other. – less
Productive and a good place to learn.
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Whippany, NJOctober 30, 2014
Pros: flexible hours and free beverages (coffee, tea)
I run and analyze data of different test results including but not limited to viscosity, Thermal analysis (Thermal Gravitational anaysis and Differential Scanning Calorimeter) as well as making batches for Gum and Gumbases. I work with an amazing, intelligent group of people; who are hardworking, willing to teach others and also like to have fun. I – more... have learned a lot in a short time frame and I'm excited to learn more while working here. The challenging part of the job is master how to use different equipments within a short period of time. Overall, it's a great place to work. – less
Worlds Largest Chocolatier
merchandiser (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 29, 2014
I loved working with thee woman physically and mentally strong. These woman knew what they wanted.
MDLZ
Retail Merchandising Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 27, 2014
My time at Mondelez International was a great stepping stone in my career advancement. I began my career with Mondelez International as a Sales Representative at Kraft Foods, which later became Mondelez International. During my time as a Sales Rep, I learned so much about DSD sales structure and about how to manage your business to control waste and – more... cost, while driving sales and making objectives. Experimenting with different selling styles and building personal relationships with buyers was a major factor in my success as a Sales Rep. As a manager, I managed 40+ direct reports, both full time and part time. This position was very rewarding and I grew as a person and as an employee during my time in this role. I was responsible to managing the labor budget for my entire team, as well as being held responsible for achieving sales goals of approximately 22,000,000 annually. The hardest part of this job was the retention of part time employees, and the most rewarding part of this job was being about to coach and improve employees performance to see them thrive in their sales environment. – less
Ok
Senior Sales Service Representative (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 25, 2014
Working with the company it has its challenges but its a lot of fun along the way.
N/A
Anonymous (Current Employee), AnonymousOctober 19, 2014
Great Co-workers - corporate HQ culture becoming draining in field positions
Lab Technician
Senior Quality Ctrl Lab./Sanitation Tech. (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: great money
Cons: company location closing
Swab test sites
Hold product for review
Assist with audit prep.
Advancement Opportunities available
PT Merchandiser (Current Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 8, 2014
Pros: early morning schedule allows decent work life balance
Cons: wages could be better
Mondelez International is the DSD distributor for Nabisco products. It is definitely beneficial to work with a company who have top rated products that they represent. As a part time merchandiser you are responsible for going from store to store and creating displays, making sure shelves are presentable for consumer purchase, and fill orders/deliveries – more... to store shelves. The pay is hourly along with compensation for mileage.

There are opportunities for advancement but soime may require relocation for the fastest track. It is a fairly new company with products that are proven and industy leading. This company will continue to grow and management prefers to promote from within. – less
We use to have for united way a basket ball game .
SENIOR OPERATING MANAGER (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: we sometimes get free lunches.
Cons: we get brakes.
I loved my job while it lasted. But unfortunley everything comes to an end.After 20 years our department is closing.I never thought that I would ever have to go out job hunting again.
The typical day at work was just Scanning, Verfying and Prepping documents.I learned that there is alot off paper to go into the system for Mondelez. For the next party – more... to get to collect there momey for the products delivered.The managment is just great.My co-workers are nice and frendly to work with.The hardest part off my job is trying to keep bussy.The most enjoyble part is walking around the track at lunch. – less
It was a great place to start my career
Customer Insights Specialist- Sam's Business Team (Current Employee), Rogers, ARSeptember 15, 2014
I started with this company right out of college and have been blessed with great opportunities and quick advancement. I have learned a lot in my various roles, all which have given me a well rounded background in sales and the CPG industry.
Demanding job but has great rewards
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: bonuses/comission
Cons: healthcare, advacement, management
A typical day at work starts on your territory which is usually composed of 12-16 grocery stores (ie. Wal-Mart, Harris Teeter, Food Lion, BI-LO, Lowes Foods, Target, etc). In these accounts you will write orders, merchandise Nabisco products and of course sell Nabisco product to store managers. Overall good place to work, fast-paced, high reward environment.
Overall good place to work until major budget cuts
Manager (Former Employee), TXSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: great products
Cons: many budget cuts lead to increased workload for everyone
Major budget cuts in the last 2 years resulted in less administrators, less managers, less drivers and less merchandising hours. Sales objectives are unattainable and reps can't work over 42 hours but they are still expected to provide the same world class service and meet objectives. The company is often short or out of class A items making it even – more... more difficult to meet objectives. The hiring process is very long, making it difficult to stay fully staffed due to high part time employee turnover. Managers end up working very long hours including days off and vacations. – less
Nabisco Product
Packing Technician (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2014
Process and package all Nabisco product
great place to work with amazing benefits
Fair Lawn Pilot Plant Research and Development Technician
Senior Technician (Current Employee), Research and Development Fair Lawn Pilot Plant NJAugust 19, 2014
Pros: practically impossible to be terminated from this place, if that's the kind of place you are looking for
Cons: horrible benefits, no teamwork, no advancement, promised early out fridays but not for this facility, horrible management
Coming to work for this company was a huge mistake. There is no room for advancement. The benefits are horrible. There are people who have been working in this facility for 20+ years whom are not as qualified as I am and have horrible work ethics that make much more money than I do. There is absolutely no teamwork or advancement opportunities here.
Terrible Management
Merchandiser/ Part Time (Current Employee), ArkansasAugust 16, 2014
Cons: bad management, clueless sales reps
Sales Reps don't have any idea what there doing, No local
management, as ours was in Tulsa, over 120 miles away.
Merchandiser Managers, constantly looking for things to
complain about," You work will never be good enough
for them!" And if there is a problem within a store,, upper
management always takes the sales reps side no matter if
there right or – more... wrong, overall the worst job I have ever had,
and for a part time job, way to stressful ! Do yourself a favor
and not ever apply for this company! – less
Burnout is unavoidable !
Merchandiser part-time (Former Employee), San Gabriel Valley, CaliforniaAugust 14, 2014
Pros: independence to work in the style that bests suits you.
Cons: work load is too much for one merchandiser !
Depending on what territory, sales representative and supervisor you work for it can be great or awful.

A typical work day depends on the intelligence of your sales rep and their scheduling. If you have a great one who knows how to write excellent orders and schedules accordingly, life for you will be easy. If you have a horrible sales rep, the one – more... that can't write a good order which in turn can't schedule appropriately for the bad order he/she wrote, your day will be very long and may require over time to finish.

The hardest part of the job is the pressure to stock a store as quickly as possible. The goal is 50 cases an hour. However, realistically it's more like 35 to 45 cases an hour, including rotating and "facing" the product. The average grocery order a merchandiser will stock is 40 to 80 cases alone. If you are lucky, you will be paired up w/ another merchandiser to stock the larger stores like Wal-Mart which an order can be in the couple of hundred cases of cookies and crackers. Again, it depends on the intelligence of your sales rep to order what the store actually needs and sells.

Best advice is to get to know the key employees in each grocery store you work in. The receivers and department heads I find know more than the store managers and are easy to find at all times. Check in and out of every store with the store manager if you can, if you can't find them check in and out with the store receiver-always. It will protect you against a sales rep or fellow merchandiser that may try to take credit for your work or accuse of not working- keep strong detailed notes and pics of your hard work- You may have your work questioned by a sales rep or supervisor or fellow merchandiser for what ever reason-be ready to provide this information at all times !

The best part of your day will be the drive home ! It's probably the only time you will have a chance to sit and relax. Even better, if a load is canceled by the receiver, it rarely happens, but when it does you will have a shorter work day.

Good luck to you ! – less
Horrible place to work
Generalist/Manufacturing Specialist (Former Employee), Loves Park, ILAugust 13, 2014
Very physical with long hours. Hated it and the people sucked. Not a team environment at all.
Great work place, Friendly co-workers, different culture
Sales Representative (Current Employee), East Hanover, NJAugust 5, 2014
Pros: meeting different cultures, working together with your co-workers to help and learn how to grow a business.
Cons: benefits aren't the best.
Visit customers, fix section in the stores, go over sale items, present sale items to customers. Try to meet your objective and help grow the business. Introduce customers to new items, ways to grow their business.
Used to be great...
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Deerfield, ILJuly 22, 2014
Pros: office has decent technology, benefits are above average
Cons: employee morale, constant change just for change, high turnover
The company used to be a fantastic place to work, but has been on a steady decline since the company split into KFG and MDLZ. Turnover is high, morale is low, and people are lost in the shuffle. There seems to be as many contractors roaming the floors as there are full time employees, and the knowledge transfer has been horrible with transitions of – more... employees.

The people are generally fun to be around, but have been burdened with the heavy workload lately.

Management is not consistent group to group with benefits such as work from home, etc.

Continually hunting margins, leading to decline of perks, as well as many layoffs and outsourcing of some key areas. – less
Fast pace, highly productive, and no non sense work environment
Distribution Supervisor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2014
In this plant you must be able to handle pressure. As a supervisor there are many difficult situations that will arise everyday. The name of the game is do not waste product, keep everyone safe, and make sure the line never stops. I have learned to stay calm when others do not see the light at the end of the tunnel. Keeping upper management up to date – more... on every situation is key. The good managers here will listen to the supervisors and get the resources they need so the line will run more proficient. Everyone here must be an expert at there job. We have to many moving parts to have anyone slip up. Getting everyone trained and on the same page is key. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing good product leave the building for the consumer. This means there is a demand for our product and our jobs are safe. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Mondelez International

Mondelēz International, Inc. is an American multinational confectionery, food and beverage conglomerate, employing around – Read more

Mondelez International Photos