Mondelez International

Mondelez International Employee Reviews

Job Advancement slim to none
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJanuary 28, 2016
Job advancement at Mondelez is tough especially if your a white male. If you are female or have a hispanic name you will move up through the company in no time. Females can go from a part time merchandiser to a director in no time.

Mondelez is going through some changes and lay offs will be coming mid march to beginning of april.

If your a veteran of the company there is no way to advance through the company ranks.
Pros
Company Car, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off
Cons
No Job Advancement, high deductible benefit plan, company changes every two years
Probably one of the best places i've ever worked.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 25, 2016
Very rewarding workplace. Great co-workers and bonding opportunities. The only downfall was driving my personal vehicle all over the place. I would've stayed there if there wasn't so much wear and tear on my personal vehicle.
it was a good job
Generalist (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILJanuary 23, 2016
it was a good job I really have no complaints it was not a hard job I thought it was ok for the pay we all worked together to get the job done
productive and fun workplace til closing
Forklift / Palletizer Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 10, 2016
I enjoyed working at Mondelez International and would have continued working there but the company moved our production to Mexico. I learned many skills there and advanced in my knowledge of production.
Merchandiser
Merchandiser part time (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXDecember 29, 2015
A typical day at work is going into big box retailers and grocery stores, doing deliveries, re-stocking, displays, etc. Since Mondelez took over after they split, has not been that favorable. Part time employees are treated like they do not matter, the hours are often cut without warning. We do not get bonuses like the full time merchandisers too. You can be the best part time merchandiser with the best reviews from the company and stores and not move up the ladder. It is a sad reality. The raises are minimal at best. And the corporate culture needs to be overhauled.
There really is no hard part about this job, it is a no brainer. But one thing I would change is letting part time merchandisers know about products coming out. Give us the same respect that the full time merchandisers get. We work just as hard, we deserve that too.
Pros
Establishing good morale with the store
Cons
No advancement for movement.
recruitrr
Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILDecember 24, 2015
great company. good leadership, good benefits. Some great people wlork here, it is very sad that the role is ending and being sent off shore.
Fast, cramped schedule to get the job done
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 14, 2015
Fast paced days, learned a lot about merchandising for grocery store and what is entailed. Management lacked good communication skills with employees. Hardest part was staying in time restraints at stores to get through all stores scheduled.
Pros
the hourly pay
Cons
no breaks, or designated time frame for lunches
Retail Merchandising Supervisor
Nabisco Retail Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 1, 2015
In this position you are on call 24/7. There is zero work-life balance. You have unrealistic expectations because you manage over 60 employees and have to please over 150 grocery stores. The district managers place all of their responsibilities on you as well. Mondelez doesn't care about their employees and only wants to cut cost. The culture is horrendous and the objectives continue to get hire so the company doesn't have to pay bonuses. Constant restructuring and motivates by fear. STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
Company Car, Hard Working Employees, Fortune 500 Company
Cons
Work 24/7, Unrealistic Work Load and Expectations, Cut Throat Culture
independent workinig
Sales Representative Intern (Current Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTNovember 30, 2015
Great management and very supportive. They are always willing to help with any problem. Given lots of responsibility. Lots of room for growth.
A good CPG company to work for with many talented and hard-working associates who cared deeply about the company and its success
Customer Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Greater Midwest region, from Michigan to TNNovember 30, 2015
Company is a spin-off of Kraft Foods and since becoming Mondelez has become a much more bottom line only company, constantly looking to increase margins through any means necessary, including cutting personnel and any substantial team-building activities.
great work place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 22, 2015
great people to work whit good learning work place the time ive spent there ive been happy at that job had a great time whit that company
Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 22, 2015
I have worked here for a little over 2 years, and from the time I started until now it has changed drastically. The supervisors and upper management don't care about you in any way. They force people to work 16 hour days(almost everyday), then when you have an accident or past out at work they say it's your fault. There is absolutely no job security there, in fact they are about to lay 600 employees off in the early new year. The pay and benefits are excellent, but sometimes that isn't enough to keep people.
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
no life outside of work, no job security, and not the safest place to work
Stay away!! Stay far away!!
Sales rep (Current Employee) –  Northeast USANovember 7, 2015
This used to be a great company to work for before the Kraft merger/split to Mondelez. The company is all about saving money and budget cutting you would think they are going out of business. Used to be able to get job done in 42hrs now it's get the same job done in 40 leaving you to sometimes work on your own time to get the job done and keep service level satisfied in the stores. I deploy system is a complete joke. It tells you how long to spend in a store not taking into account the obstacles that come into play every day. 1 min over has to be approved by mgt. If you have good merchandisers it can make you run your territory correctly get some bad ones or they call out its on you and you will always be running and gunning to just the basic job done. Always getting calls from stores looking for service even on days off which is a result in budget cuts and I deploy system cutting service level in the stores. Unrealistic sales objectives. RDR always pushing their dm's to write up or fire people. Unless you are young and fresh out of college don't even think of moving up. They are the ones on the fast track. Pretty much pushed out the old guard that actually understood how to treat employees and customers for these young people that are all booksmart but no people skills which leaves everyone with bad morale. Needs I say more. Unless you are up for long hrs and up for the challenges then stay away!
Pros
Company car, paid time off if you can get it, bonus monthly and quartly
Cons
Work life balance, no control over your route anymore with the ideploy system, too many more cons to mention.
Great until Kraft/Mondelez bought us
sales representative (Former Employee) –  Greater USANovember 2, 2015
28 years with this company, various owners. Loved the job until Kraft bought us and then we split to Mondelez. Terrible manager, complained nothing was ever done to correct it. Brokered us end of 2014 most of us in our 50's!! Applied for a position prior to leaving was one of the most qualified, but they promoted someone else less qualified "good old boy" system! This company won't last a few of my friends left hate it. Don't work for them it's all about the shareholders!!
Cons
No respect, terrible managers, "good old boy" system they will outsource your job!!!
Degrading and unappreciated
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, PAOctober 29, 2015
I was treated very poorly by the sales . It was ultimately the result of me not responding to his flirations. The outcome was me being given impossible workloads, slandered terribly, and finally I was fired. Horrible experience.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Treated very poorly, excessive workload and being fired in retalitation .
Overall good place to work.
Stationary Engineer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia PlantOctober 22, 2015
My dept. had very experienced people who kept the departent running ultra smooth. Other issues caused the plant closing.
Pros
Independant work enviornment
Cons
Management intervention
Fast Paced
Senior Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNOctober 7, 2015
Worked with clients in the southwest suburbs in fulfilling store inventory and maintaining a clean store on a daily and weekly basis.
Money outweighs the negatives
Forklift/Backup Position Leader (Current Employee) –  Loves Park, ILOctober 7, 2015
Due to the global aspect of the facility some products are slowly shifting to other facilities around the globe causing concern to many employees. The income is amazing here but the stress levels continually increase with the worries of relocating products. The management is pretty fair as they have attempted to give me and others a chance to grow with the company. Overall a solid place to work.
Pros
Benefits and yearly income
Cons
Job culture and the global business aspects
Nice place to work
Technician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whippany, NJSeptember 25, 2015
Nice place to work, its an R&D pilot plant. we make gum and candy. its a great company, amazing company, very nice to work here.
Not what i expected
Merchandiser/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Eden, NCSeptember 13, 2015
I read the reviews going in and they were all right. You're treated great coming in and then they turn around and walk on you like a floor mat.
Pros
Cons
no help, poor management, a lot of work