Mondelez International

Mondelez International United States Employee Reviews

fun
Merchandiser (Former Employee), oklahomaApril 21, 2015
great place to work as long as you don't mind early mornings. good place if you want to move up. hard work but work independently
Started Great... then awful!
Part time Merchandiser (Former Employee), Streetsboro, OHApril 21, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Abused. Over worked.
Depending what territory you are at. You could start at 6 a.m. or Noon. Times varied due to locations and days of the week. Most of the time orders were late. Sales reps would know 50% time if order was on time or late. Merchandisers would walk into stores clueless on where endcaps, displays where located. Lack of communication between Sales reps and store mangers was always an issue. Merchandiser worked alone if trained well enough. Worked 10-12 hour shifts with no breaks. Would wrote orders for sales reps. Go help other Merchandisers even after an 8 hour shift. Work more than 6 days straight. Hardest part of the job was managing hours with a long list of store in 8 hours. That may have included endcap changes, building huge displays and working more than 3 stores a day with over a total of 300 cases order by yourself. Didn't get paid extra for writing orders for sales reps. No vacation time aloud and barely no personal time or having a life in general. Would work a 8-12 hour shift then do it again at 5-6 a.m. in the morning the next day. Rarely ever get weekends off. Scheduling is off the wall. Work 7 days and next week work 3 days. Never had a permanent schedule. Unless you were a Full Time. Part time basically used for no more than 40 hours a week. Can't budget this job if it goes from 10 hours to 40+ hrs a week.
No fun always on a hurry
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Monterey countyApril 12, 2015
Pros: Meet new people
Cons: No health care
No benefits no hours. They expect to much from the merchandisers for low pay. To many miles on your personal car. Every week is a different city . Managers don't know what they are doing.
Productive and fast paced environment.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), East Hanover, NJApril 6, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with an array of customers and employees to meet a common goal. I have learned that communication is a crucial part in completing such goals.
Work hard with no rewards.
worker (Former Employee), usaMarch 22, 2015
Cons: too much to list stay away from this company!!!
They have you working on projects that go nowhere and expect you to bendover backwards for them. Benefits are losy,work enviroment stressful,always trying to find ways to cut out things and no advancement or rewards.
Awful, awful company. STAY AWAY IF YOU CAN HELP IT.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), USAMarch 19, 2015
Cons: too much to list in this short box.
Where do I begin !!! In short, during the 5 years working for this company I did not meet one employee that was genuinely happy with their job. This goes from the service merchandisers (stocking personnel) to the delivery drivers.

I had the pleasure to work with people that have been with this company for over 20 years and they hated working for Mondelez (Nabisco). This company is nothing short of a joke. Last year, 2014 the company was hard pressed to make quarterly numbers. What is Nabisco's answer to making numbers ? Send in unnecessary product to stores!!! There were several times during the year at quarter close that this company FORCED it's sales employees to send orders/deliveries to customers when they did not need them. Talk about shady business practices. The reasoning for this from my immediate manager was "everybody is doing it". Hinting that other companies are doing the very same. Ha ha ha.... A joke indeed. This excuse was even used by Regional Upper Management.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. Everyday complaints are plentiful.... A minute of overtime and one has to call your immediate manager for approval. Upon doing so, you are almost scolded for even bringing up the idea of overtime. This is in sales as well as in the service sector of the company. You are "given" a company car but they subtract from your pay check twice a month. They treat their merchandisers (stockers) terribly even though they are the life blood of the company. If you file a complaint, you get nowhere with HR. They have these ridiculous sales rallies where the Area Vice President – more... tries to pump everyone up with meager sales data. The company has no back bone. They are at the whim of Wal-Mart. Whatever they say, goes. I once had a sales manager call me on a Sunday and DEMAND that I go to a customer to take care of counting some inventory all because that particular store manager wanted it done. THIS WAS AFTER MY MON-FRI 40 HOUR WORK WEEK. The pay offered to sales employees is awful considering the amount of work. I would spend just under 8 hours in the field and sometimes 2 hours at home preparing for the next day or recapping activities for that same day. But would I report my time after 8 hours ??? Of course not. Read on please.....

Harassment from managers is commonplace from sales to merchandising. They always bring up BUDGET, BUDGET, BUDGET. I worked for several different managers in different regions and they were all the same. Ask yourself... if a company is pinching pennies like this and partaking in shady tactics to make numbers, do you really want to work for them ? There is little to no innovation going on in this company. What does innovation mean for Mondelez International??? Triple Oreos, Candy filled whatever, Super fudge etc etc etc. With market trends and in the current economic climate I see this company going nowhere fast and getting much much worse.

Unless you are hard pressed for money stay away from this terrible company.

What did I learn: How NOT to run a business.
Most enjoyable part of the job: Pay check every two weeks? – less
Not a bad company to work for just very poor management within.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), KentuckyMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Good benefits and company vehicle.
Cons: Very restricted hours for amount of work needing completed.
It may just be the territory I worked in but management was terrible. There was a serious lack of communication. Not only that but management would not take into account stores wants and needs versus their own.
A typical day at work consisted of ordering product, rotation and stocking of product, selling in PRDs and incremental displays, and keeping accurate inventory levels.
The hardest part of this job was finding the balance keeping the stores happy and management satisfied.
The most enjoyable of the job was seeing relations grow between store personal and myself.
SUCKS
Sales Representative (Former Employee), coloradoMarch 12, 2015
Horrible job.

Work you till your fed up and quit

Lots of politics and promotions didn't seem to be based on performance

Pay was good.

Company car was nice
Work/life balance is nearly impossible in sales position
Account Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 4, 2015
Pros: no micro managing and time flies because of the responsibilities the day brings.
Cons: no cut off time. work never ends.
I learned that the grocery business can be brutal. Trying to maintain shelf conditions, displays, and sanity is a challenge. Especially with all the impossible expectations and sales objective the company forces down your throat.
Dead end job
Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee), Ontario, CAMarch 4, 2015
looking for full-time work. I do not feel that I have a future with this company, would like to utilize my bachelors degree.
An ideal job for someone with minimum responsibilities
Packer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 3, 2015
A typical work day consists of working a fast paced assembly line, packing perishables, placing them on pallet preparing for shipment.
DO NOT WOTK FOR THIS COMPANY
warehouse (Former Employee), grndville MIMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free snacks
Cons: everything else
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY...Do not care less about you or your needs... Very hostile enviroment..management is a joke as are the supervisors. If your not part of the "clique" better look for somewhere else to work...
Really comfortable and proper
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Oakland, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: new skills leanred, met new people
Cons: temporary
Macys in San Francisco was very proper and comfortable . everything was neat and organized and every associate worked together to help out customers who needed help. the environment was a place you could breath to grow
fast pace and dealing with different personalities.
St. Thomas University Assistant Basketball Coach (Current Employee), ft lauderdale flMarch 2, 2015
fast pace and focusing on details. Hardest part of my job is managing time. I love the fact that i get to interact with different store managers and build different relationships with them. favorite part of my job is been able to persuade a manager to give me an extra display. more display more money for the company.
Do more with less
Sales (Former Employee), East Hanover, NJFebruary 26, 2015
This company is going through lots of transition. They continue to cut workforce but expect the same output from their employees. The brands they represent are iconic and a pleasure to represent. I just wish that the company culture aligned.
Very productive company that's growing each day
Sale Service Representative (Current Employee), Carbondale, ILFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: meeting new people from different races, stores and work fields.
Cons: n/a
Practicing public safety as well as following company procedures. Unloading trucks, down stacking freight and stocking them. Rotation of products by dates.I usually work alone, but the hardest part of my job maybe telling customers that I don't know where a product that's not my companies are located.The most enjoyable parts of my job is seeing different people from different areas and helping them get their Nabisco products. Communicating with complete strangers and feeling 100% comfortable.
very satisfied.
Staff Accountant - Payroll (Former Employee), Fair Lawn, NJFebruary 12, 2015
Coworkers are very friendly and very helpful.
Enjoyable part of the job is very flexible ( life and work balanced)
There are lot to learn.
Mondelez offers a variety of opportunities for career advancement
Merchandiser/Sales (Current Employee), Benton Harbor, MIJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: conversing with the public
I enjoy working for Mondelez. Each day is different and I have the opportunity to interact with a variety of different people.
Member of Consumer Dept at major consumer product corporation
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), East Hanover, NJJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: working remotely & independently
Cons: being on call after hours
My main responsibility was interacting with our call center vendor. It was my responsibility to maintain updated consumer scripts & any correspondence used for consumers. I was the corporate liaison to the call center. I also ran trainings for the call center to inform them of products, promotions and any corporate issues. I presented the face of Mondelez to the call center. I interacted with the various departments at Mondelez & incorporated the company's message into the call center scripts and correspondence.

The Consumer Relations department at Mondelez was excellent at allowing you to take charge of your work, work remotely and independently. I was part of a small team that strongly supported each other as needed.

The hardest part of my job was being on call for after hour sensitive consumer contacts.

The most enjoyable part was working independently without daily supervision. I also enjoyed interacting with the call center vendor. I maintained their background systems for consumer scripts and reorganized the system files to allow the reps to work more efficiently.
Great Team Atmosphere
Senior Sales Service Representative (Current Employee), East Hanover, NJJanuary 27, 2015
Co-workers act as a team, very helpful when it comes to answering questions or offering advice.

1 2 3 4 5

About Mondelez International

Mondelēz International, Inc. is an American multinational confectionery, food and beverage conglomerate, employing around – Read more

Mondelez International Salaries