Money Management International Employee Reviews

MMI summary
MHA specialist and housing counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 12, 2017
This company was one of my favorite places to work. The management team keep a close watch on the the csr. You are benefiting in this company because you get the chance to move up the ladder.
High volume call center
First Contact Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 10, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of receiving 100+ phone calls a day. Due to being a first contact representative, information was constantly repeated.
Pros
I learned exceptional customer service skills working here.
Cons
The constant high volume of phone calls.
Great workplace
Credit Support Counselor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2017
MMI was a great place for working, and advancement. Great management, friendly employees. I learned a lot about customer service, and time management.
A good place to work for someone that likes helping others.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXApril 23, 2017
The company had a culture that was focused on financially empowering its clients. I learned a lot about financial education while working here. I started with the company as a Support Counselor that was primarily responsible for assisting with Debt Management Programs that were established to aid clients with ridding themselves of credit card debt.
The Management Needs a Healthy Dose of Reality
Counselor One (Former Employee) –  Sugarland, TXApril 6, 2017
I can't even begin to describe how this company is, from management constantly throwing extra work on their counselors without giving any type of incentives/bonuses/raises etc. When you first start working at MMI you are required to read and for the most part memorize a book (usually between 80-150 pages) each day and pray to whatever deity you believe in that you'll pass the required testing BEFORE you start training. It's asinine to make someone pass exams who little to no background in the CC world. The training is beyond subpar. You'll be taught on thing in the adobe classroom and then turn around and be told the opposite once you go "live." You're expected to reach 4 counseling sessions per day REGARDLESS of the call volume. If you get a call transferred in from a different department and complete that session it DOES NOT count towards your daily sessions.

For a $54 million/year company you'd think that their IT department would have a clue to how to fix things, from broken headsets/phones to constant computer crashes, the typical response from IT is "well restart your computer it'll fix the problem!"

When you are called for a "coaching session" and you try to rebuttal your "faults" all management says is "this is just an excuse, you need to correct it!"

All management sees for themselves is dollar signs. They constantly put undue stress on the counselors meet goals and expectations, yet they wonder why there is such a huge turnover, specially in branch locations where they will go through a counselor per year. On average MMI is the lowest paid for their credit
  more... counselors in the entire United States meanwhile management is among the highest paid.

I did learn a lot while working at MMI, I was able to take that knowledge to my next job that is actually caring about their employees.
Pros
Single offices
Cons
It, Equipment, poor management, terrible wages
A decent place to work : )
First Contact (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMarch 29, 2017
I liked this job. There is growth opportunity and it's a comfortable work environment. They promote from within. I would suggest working here. It is a good starter job.
Pros
the insurance is very expensive
Cons
hour lunches, relaxed environment
Heavily monitored, positive co-workers
SUPPORT COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 14, 2017
Time management was heavily monitored to a fault.Calls were monitored for "teaching" purposes but constructive feedback was rarely provided. Co-workers were all good people trying to help program participants.
Pros
Co-workers friendly
Cons
Management overtly present
Nice place to work
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMarch 5, 2017
I really enjoyed working at MMI, I would still be working here if it wasn't for an unfortunate situation beyond my control. The pay was okay it could have been better that's the only thing
Pros
Good work envenvironment
Cons
Pay
A great place to learn multiple things including operations.
Director, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 1, 2017
A typical day -
Check in for a chat with the President/CEO - Typically short. Address anything of significense.

Walk around to check on team memembers and through the other employee areas just to be seen and say good morning.

Worked on many employee relations projects.

What I learned - This was a start-up company and I was able to learn many functions within the company.
Office Management
Pros
Ability to use multiple skills in multiple areas of the company
Cons
Typically a 60-70 hour work week
Great people
(MMI), HR Benefit Specialist, Sugarland, Texas (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXFebruary 6, 2017
I enjoyed working in the environment that MMI provided. While working there I was able to learn and develop my skills as it relates to FML, and project management.
A Great Place To Learn How To Budget
CREDIT COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2017
Working at money management international was good! Being able to assist customers who were in debt and trying to get out allowed me to realize that life has so many things to offer. Getting out debt wasn't a bad thing. It even taught me how to budget and save.
Fun place to work
Bankruptcy Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 22, 2017
money management interntional is a nice company to work for. I worked for the company for eight years and for the last four I worked from home. Being a nonprofit there wasn't any future in moving up do to cutbacks.
Great place to work - until the regional office was closed
Counselor, Educator and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJanuary 11, 2017
Loved working here, lots of diversified work and colleagues. Attended and presented training sessions. The management team was excellent and provided constructive guidance.

The unfortunate thing was that after working there for 17 years, the company decided to close our regional office, thereby laying off 50 workers at our call center.
Pros
leadership team, oppportunity for growth
Cons
being laid off when the office closed
Overall decent company to work for.
Certified Bankruptcy and Housing counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 13, 2016
A typical work day would be logging/clocking in and being readily available to begin work. The calls are inbound and you assist clients with housing needs, questions, and mortgage companies. I learned a great deal about housing and the home buying process to apply personally. The hardest part of the job is getting through to tough clients so you have to find a balance between being empathetic but honest with next step options that are beneficial to their housing needs.
Pros
Work from home, hr lunch.
Cons
No job advancement.
Very good job but unfornately was laid off after almost 6 years
Bilingual Debt Management Counselor (Former Employee) –  14141 Southwest Frwy, Sugar Land, TX 77478August 25, 2016
Really liked working for MMI. Company offered very good professional working environment and were almost always available for any questions or concerns. Benefit package was very generous as well.
Pros
Professional, pleasant enviroment, fair pay, generous benefit package including up to 4 weeks of paid time off per year.
Cons
Job instability, there were lots of terminations and layoffs in the past 3 years.
It was good overall.
DEBT MANAGENT COUNSELOR/REVERSE MORTAGE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 1, 2016
I liked working here overall it was a nice work environment. The people we talk to were pleasant for the most part. Co workers were great to be around also management was good at resolving any issues that may come up.
Good place to be overall.
MHA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 12, 2016
I thought the organization was good, and had a great culture. What we did for our clients was fantastic and we helped a lot of people on a daily basis. The only issue was they closed the doors to my department and we all had to look for other employment.
Pros
Helping clients save their homes from foreclosure.
Cons
N/a
amazing management team
Agent Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 27, 2016
great place to work at. Multi cultural and with some opportunities to grow. Thought the company outsourced all to jobs to other parts of the world, I planned to retired there.
productive workplace, learning opportunities
Bilingual First Contact Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXDecember 11, 2015
answer busy phones
provide clients with information on programs the company provide
transfer calls for counseling depending clients needs
very productive workplace
good management & co-workers
enjoy assisting clients in their needs
learned new programs
Pros
enviromental
Cons
Healthcare
Great Company
MHA Specialist, HPF, Debt & Budget Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 6, 2015
This is an amazing company to work for. They do amazing things to help others with their finances. Working for this company made me feel as if i was doing the right thing, I learned a lot about helping others and it brought me a since of peace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Money Management International. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval