Money Management International

Money Management International Employer Reviews

Very friendly place to work
CERTIFIED CREDIT COUNSELOR (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits, constructive feed back from managers, set schedules and legal holidays off.
Cons: if you missed your break there was no way to get back. no ot allowed.
I really enjoyed the work atmosphere, management is always helping you to grow in your position. All employees are always very helpful, very team oriented. Wonderful place to work. Just keep up your averages, put your head down and work!
Friendly environment and professional atmosphere
Debt and Budget Counselor (Former Employee), Houston TexasOctober 20, 2014
Pros: snacks served mostly every monday, highly motivated individuals, and most of all motivated to take on any challenge
Cons: high health care benefits
Unfortunately there was no typical day at MMI because our job functions changed daily. Our schedules had many different job functions set and each day brought about a different job function.
What I have learned is that it is very possible to work in a professional environment with persons with beautiful personalities. I loved everything about the job however due to the economy changing not so many people relied on our services anymore.
Honestly, after being in the company several years, there were no hard parts about it and if I had to choose, I probably would say escalated calls. I did understand that the person that was screaming, cursing, and yelling wasn't talking directly to me and that they were just upset about the situation at hand. Normally, I could bring them back but, I guess the hardest part I would say is not being able to calm down an angry customer after trying to come up with a resolution, compromise, or even a half way mark.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the team morale! Everyone loved their job so much that each day we came to work with a smile on our faces and everyone would speak. If someone would forget their lunch or didn't have lunch someone would share most of the times. If you had an emergency, you would send an email out to the floor asking could someone work your shift and you would therefore work their shift for them. We planned together, we ate together and if there was anything we didn't understand or know, there was always a friendly shoulder to tap to ask any work related question.
Great Job and Opportunity
Credit Counselor (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 15, 2014
Assisting customers with the new changes and laws. Always something new and changing for the better.
it just a job
First Contact Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2014
No job security, lot of people got laid off while I was working there. Lot of of information they throw at you and expect you to learn in matters of hours. You will burn out in 6 months.
Awesome company to work for, great people, great cause
HR/ National Recruiter (Current Employee), Phoenix AZSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great people, great work/life balance
Cons: no job security, no opportunity for advancement in my dept
MMI is a non-profit that helps people get back on track with regards to their finances. They have been around since 1958 and I truly like what they do to help people gain financial education and understanding. They also help people save their homes from foreclosure if possible, help those who are otherwise challenged to pay their bills and warn them of scams. The type of people who excel in this position are definitely caring and real. My boss is an awesome person who is fair, consistent and educational. He is always helping me to improve and polish my image, he is straight forward and truly caring. One of the best bosses I have ever had the pleasure of working for. The hardest part of the job has been the recent RIFs and the most enjoyable is the life long friendships/relationships I have made with the employees and mgmt. alike. I will truly miss working here.
productive and close knit work environment
Certified Consumer Credit Counselor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: having the opportunity to help people
Cons: low pay, expensive insurance and lack of job security
We worked together as a family thriving to help people in need. We all had the same goal in mind and that was to allow me to gain financial freedom. The environment was quite busy but everyone enjoys one another's company. The direct Managers treated the employees on the same personal level. Upper management lacked interaction including human resources.
Fast pace working and learning environment with a great mission and guiding priciples.
Quality Assurance and Compliance Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: perfect schedule and benefits
Cons: frequent lay offs
A typical day of work included evaluating the customer service levels, company policy compliance, and the appropriate outcome of a Financial counseling session. These calls lasted between 2 minutes to two hours. A written questionaire was completed and a score provided to the counselor being audited and face to face meetings were sometimes arranged to administer coaching for areas of needed improvement and feedback for positive work performance. Trending analysis was done to periodically evaluate scoring averages and the changing needs of the company. I have improved over time my written communication skills and analytical skills. Management was consistent and my co-workers were more like a family. We calibrated often to remain insync with each other. The hardest part of the job is facing the pre-existing negative view of an auditor, but the most enjoyable is reassuring the counselor that you feedback and coaching is to help progress the company as well as the individuals work.
Grocery Store finding its identity.
Credit and Finance Counselor/ Support Counselor (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: local
Cons: low pay
Not much to say aside from it is a grocery store. Ideal for college students and high school students that need some cash.
Very good organization to work for
Housing Counselor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 13, 2014
The job duties and company goals are very well laid out and makes the company very productive.
Helpful to our clients
Phone Counseling Supervisor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 5, 2014
Pros: great team environment
Cons: expensive healthcare.
I enjoy working here, working with my team and management helped me to grow and develop over the years.
CCCS had a great CEO.
Team Lead (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 21, 2014
This was a company that treated each employee like family. Everyone treated each other with respect.
Excellent!
Retention/Research Counselor (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 17, 2014
Learned how to budget and save more.. Not to get in alot of debt!
Positive work enviornment
Housing Counseling Supervisor (Former Employee), Phoenix AzMay 13, 2014
Pros: team work was there
Everyone worked as a team to meet a goal. at times, we were competitive to see who was able to meet the goals faster.
Very Job learning environment
Bankruptcy Counselor (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 14, 2014
Helping and building a implemented budget that would best fit our customers needs who were at the hands of bankrutcy
fast-paced
Credit Counselor (Former Employee), Warwick, RIApril 8, 2014
Pros: flexable hour
Cons: short lunch
good company very friendly environment
very busy large clean office
First Contact Specialist
First Contact Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2014
Pros: enjoyed the job
Cons: n/a
Assessed clients' overall financial situation by reviewing income, assets, debts, expenses, credit reports,

or other financial information.

Created debt management plans, spending plans, or budgets to assist clients to meet financial goals.

Calculated clients' available monthly income to meet debt obligations.

Prioritized client debt repayment to avoid dire consequences, such as bankruptcy or foreclosure or to

reduce overall costs, such as by paying high-interest or short-term loans first.

Recommended strategies for clients to meet their financial goals, such as borrowing money through

loans or loan programs, declaring bankruptcy, making budget adjustments, or enrolling in debt

management plans.
It's a good company with great benefits.
First Contact Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 7, 2014
Come in the morning start taking calls throughout the day. The co-workers are great & usually always able to help each other with work relate questions. Over all it's an easy job.
Good intentions, but lack synergy.
Counselor (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 13, 2014
Little time is spent building a strong team rapport, and staff is pushed to meet monthly quotas. Too often, quality is sacrificed for hitting the numbers, which then leads to poor customer service, performance audits, and unsatisfied business client.

The company does promote a positive work environment, and attempts to stay connected via informational community blogs, and point based reward system. However, use of the reward system varies greatly by individual manager's taste.

Jobs are not hard, remedial training can be excessive, poor flow of workflow information between departments, and little to no room for advancement. Yet, pay is pretty good for this small company, the company does strive to absorb costs for increased health care premiums yearly, and matches 401k contributions handsomely.
Great place to work because you learn how to manage you own finances.
CREDIT COUNSELOR (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: great people, great hrly pay, very close to home
I was very happy when I finally was hired at Money Management. Very sad when let go due budget cuts. My friend their for 9 years was also let go. I hope MMI is doing better today.
Support Counselor II - Present (Former Employee), Warwick, RIJanuary 28, 2014
Great Company to work for. Management staff was always there to help employees grow to best of their ability

1 2 3

About Money Management International

Money Management International (MMI) is the largest nonprofit, full-service credit counseling agency in the United States. Since – Read more

Money Management International Salaries