Money Management International Employee Reviews in United States

Fast paced client driven service
Manager (Current Employee) –  Spokane WAMay 28, 2015
Each day is filled with new challenges and opportunities. I manage a team of 18 counselors. I am responsible for developing their talent, provide guidance on policy and procedure. Utilize quality assurance audits to provide coaching and ensure compliance.

The management team is driven to ensure productivity and customer satisfaction exceed expectations. Our agency strives for high employee engagement and seeks feedback from all stakeholders to drive growth and development.

I get the most enjoyment when I see the positive impact I have made on employee development.
Pros
Excellent benefits and reward program.
Cons
Good place to be overall.
MHA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 12, 2016
I thought the organization was good, and had a great culture. What we did for our clients was fantastic and we helped a lot of people on a daily basis. The only issue was they closed the doors to my department and we all had to look for other employment.
Pros
Helping clients save their homes from foreclosure.
Cons
N/A
It was good overall.
DEBT MANAGENT COUNSELOR/REVERSE MORTAGE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 1, 2016
I liked working here overall it was a nice work environment. The people we talk to were pleasant for the most part. Co workers were great to be around also management was good at resolving any issues that may come up.
productive workplace, learning opportunities
Bilingual First Contact Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXDecember 11, 2015
answer busy phones
provide clients with information on programs the company provide
transfer calls for counseling depending clients needs
very productive workplace
good management & co-workers
enjoy assisting clients in their needs
learned new programs
Pros
enviromental
Cons
HEALTHCARE
Loved Colleagues and Fully Support the MMI Mission!
Grant Writer, Director of Grants Management (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIAugust 16, 2015
I enjoyed contributing significant financial grant awards to support this very worthwhile mission! Although mergers nationwide did affect management and job security, I found that all of my colleagues were totally committed to helping people attain financial security.
amazing management team
Agent Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 27, 2016
great place to work at. Multi cultural and with some opportunities to grow. Thought the company outsourced all to jobs to other parts of the world, I planned to retired there.
Caring Organization
Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TexasApril 22, 2013
I have been with MMI for nearly 14 years! I have been a loyal employee for so long because I really believe that the organization cares for their staff and make every effort to support their career goals. Not only do they care for their employees, but they also care for the customers. They stand behind their culture initiative of creating a work enviornment that embodies a culture of excellence and caring and the mission of improving lives through financial education. The only area that I would consider subpar would be compensation, but even that is somewhat expected when working in the nonprofit sector. The joys that result from working in such a caring capacity balances out the loss in compensation.
Pros
support for worklife and personal life balance, culture, physical enviornment, employee and customer appreciation tactics.
Cons
compensation and benefits are areas of opportunity.
Genuine, caring environment with a goal to provide assistance to clients.
Certified Credit Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJanuary 27, 2015
A typical day at work was very active and rewarding. I learned the laws pertaining to the credit industry as well as the many options available to clients who were in financial distress. Management was very supportive and informed. My co-workers were all sincere team-players. The hardest part of the job was the workload, and the fact that I was alone in the office and had to rely on technology to gain answers to my questions. The most enjoyable part of the job was the warm feeling of being able to help a client, as well as the sincere team effort.
Pros
self respect, great co-workers and managers, good compensation and benefits.
Cons
insufficient staff to keep up with the high volume of work.
The Worst Job Experience in my Professional Career
Credit Counselor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte,NCSeptember 22, 2015
Here we go. The concept Money Management International or (MMI) has to help clients is truly a wonderful ideal. However the way they go about their business is horrible. You are by yourself in a small office where you take incoming calls which you cannot control the type of calls you receive and you also receive walk ins by appointment. You are expected to get 5 sessions and about 20 debt management sign ups. My manager told me this is not a sales role but it really is because you have to sell clients on the fact to sign up for MMI debt management program. A session is basically you speaking to a client and reviewing their financial situation, from looking at their credit report to looking at their monthly expenses. A session can last any where from a hour to three hours. This job may seem rewarding however you will be quickly write up if you don't reach the end of month goal quickly. the role is basically a one man call center where you can only use the bathroom on your breaks and lunches like preschool. My manager at first seemed very nice however that took no time to change. You probably think I am overreacting , well lol go ahead and apply and time will tell. Oh by the way the turnover rate for this company is astonishing , people dropped like flies here. One day you see a fellow employee name the next day you don't. This has been the worst job. I was asked if I had a medical issue because my manager thought I was using the bathroom to frequently, imagine that...smh. Also after about 6pm everybody leaves the entire building which means you are by yourself  more... and there can be sketchy characters in the parking lot and lobby of the building. Don't say I did not warn you.  less
Pros
Your own office, speaking to people face to face
Cons
headsets, health care benefits, can't use the bathroom freely, high turnover rate
Not a good company to work for
Employee (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 19, 2013
The company doesn't consider diversity in Senior Management and the Board important in their business structure. I did not have a good healthy work life balance. I worked nights and weekends and I worked from home after leaving the office. The best part of the job was helping clients. The worst part of the job was the management and leadership of our department and organization. A great deal of office politics was occurring during my tenure.
Be ready to sit all day on the phone
Mortgage Counselor (Former Employee) –  SugarlandMay 17, 2015
This is a call center environment. If you are comfortable sitting for long hours. You do though have benefits. You have to learn how to deal with all different types of personalities.
Pros
offer benefits.
Cons
you have to clock out for breaks and lunches
Awesome company to work for, great people, great cause
HR/ National Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Phoenix AZSeptember 18, 2014
MMI is a non-profit that helps people get back on track with regards to their finances. They have been around since 1958 and I truly like what they do to help people gain financial education and understanding. They also help people save their homes from foreclosure if possible, help those who are otherwise challenged to pay their bills and warn them of scams. The type of people who excel in this position are definitely caring and real. My boss is an awesome person who is fair, consistent and educational. He is always helping me to improve and polish my image, he is straight forward and truly caring. One of the best bosses I have ever had the pleasure of working for. The hardest part of the job has been the recent RIFs and the most enjoyable is the life long friendships/relationships I have made with the employees and mgmt. alike. I will truly miss working here.
Pros
great people, great work/life balance
Cons
no job security, no opportunity for advancement in my dept
Good intentions, but lack synergy.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 13, 2014
Little time is spent building a strong team rapport, and staff is pushed to meet monthly quotas. Too often, quality is sacrificed for hitting the numbers, which then leads to poor customer service, performance audits, and unsatisfied business client.

The company does promote a positive work environment, and attempts to stay connected via informational community blogs, and point based reward system. However, use of the reward system varies greatly by individual manager's taste.

Jobs are not hard, remedial training can be excessive, poor flow of workflow information between departments, and little to no room for advancement. Yet, pay is pretty good for this small company, the company does strive to absorb costs for increased health care premiums yearly, and matches 401k contributions handsomely.
Great co-workers, great building and accommodations for its employees
First Contact Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Sugarland, TXJune 25, 2013
You come in to work sit at your personalized stations, take your calls go to lunch and breaks at your schedule times and log off station for the night. You become more aware of how the economy has affected our citizens thru out the our country. Management can be conflicting at times in the way your performance is viewed. Sometimes you hear the consumers concerns/problems and feel bad not able to do more to help them. Most enjoyable where the benefits and accommodations provided to its employees overall most of the co-workers where very open- minded and friendly individuals with very good morals.
Pros
fun days to break from the routine of the calls and recognitions given
Cons
that you can do great job for a long time, but as soon as you slip in performance your on edge about the consequences that would come next.
productive and close knit work environment
Certified Consumer Credit Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 17, 2014
We worked together as a family thriving to help people in need. We all had the same goal in mind and that was to allow me to gain financial freedom. The environment was quite busy but everyone enjoys one another's company. The direct Managers treated the employees on the same personal level. Upper management lacked interaction including human resources.
Pros
having the opportunity to help people
Cons
low pay, expensive insurance and lack of job security
Fast pace working and learning environment with a great mission and guiding priciples.
Quality Assurance and Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 9, 2014
A typical day of work included evaluating the customer service levels, company policy compliance, and the appropriate outcome of a Financial counseling session. These calls lasted between 2 minutes to two hours. A written questionaire was completed and a score provided to the counselor being audited and face to face meetings were sometimes arranged to administer coaching for areas of needed improvement and feedback for positive work performance. Trending analysis was done to periodically evaluate scoring averages and the changing needs of the company. I have improved over time my written communication skills and analytical skills. Management was consistent and my co-workers were more like a family. We calibrated often to remain insync with each other. The hardest part of the job is facing the pre-existing negative view of an auditor, but the most enjoyable is reassuring the counselor that you feedback and coaching is to help progress the company as well as the individuals work.
Pros
perfect schedule and benefits
Cons
frequent lay offs
Good company that provides great financial education information
Certified Housing Counselor/Credit Educator (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 15, 2015
I have had the pleasure of working with great people at MMI, most of which have moved on. Nonetheless its a great company with a management team that is always available to assist.
Very friendly place to work
CERTIFIED CREDIT COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 27, 2014
I really enjoyed the work atmosphere, management is always helping you to grow in your position. All employees are always very helpful, very team oriented. Wonderful place to work. Just keep up your averages, put your head down and work!
Pros
great benefits, constructive feed back from managers, set schedules and legal holidays off.
Cons
if you missed your break there was no way to get back. no ot allowed.
Great Company
MHA Specialist, HPF, Debt & Budget Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 6, 2015
This is an amazing company to work for. They do amazing things to help others with their finances. Working for this company made me feel as if i was doing the right thing, I learned a lot about helping others and it brought me a since of peace.
Empowering and Supportive
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Warwick RIMay 15, 2013
Great company. I have a job that helps people reach their goals, overcome obstacles and educate them for a financially fit future. For the 10+ years I have worked here I can honestly say that everyday I have either learned something new or educated someone else - and that's very fulfilling to me. This company has educated me my on credit rights, how to save, prepare for my future and manage my debt. My management team supports me when I need support and guides me to be better at my job which I appreciate :). I couldn’t ask for a more supportive management team. I have a great team and I love the people I work with. MMI offers tuition reimbursement for those of us who want to further educate ourselves.
Pros
fulfilling, supportive, educational, provides personal and professional growth
Cons
certain departments do not offer much room for growth however throughout the company there is.

Money Management International Reviews by Location