MoneyGram Employee Reviews

Love the Company, environment, people, and management!!!
Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 30, 2016
I have never worked for a Global company before and having the support and ability to walk into a C level executives office if I need to speaks volumes! The work life balance, ability to grow and take on new projects if you want, the management support (to name a few) make this the best company I have ever worked for!
Pros
Compensation, benefits, work life balance, PTO, growth, executive leadership & support, etc
Cons
My commute and no set work from home schedule like we used to have. Ex. WFH every Friday
Global, Innovative, competitive environment
Manager, IT Operations (Current Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoJune 21, 2016
MoneyGram is a global company, with offices and partners around the world. It was a fun place to work, they had great patience with me as I enhanced my English skills and I progressed to six career levels with increased responsibilities.
Pros
Teamwork, volunteer opportunities, invests in education, ogoodbenefits
Cons
work/life balance is now improving
great employees
Settlement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 31, 2016
Compensation was good, employees great, and very challenging job with great systems in place. I worked in a settlement department and with agents. I liked working with agents and helping find discrepancies between the two companies.
Pros
Great support from team and technical systems
Cons
hard to advance
From a Contractor's Perspective.
Web Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 10, 2016
I can't honestly give an accurate review of this company because I work there as a contractor. It would seem their regular, full-time employees would score very high on these rating with the exception of "Job Security."

Management and Job Culture: My boss had me come into the office once and I got to meet all the very friendly people who previously were just another email address to me. Everyone seemed happy there, for the most part, and management seemed pretty good. As for management, I can only speak of the one I call my boss. She is one of the best bosses I've ever worked for.

Job Security/Advancement: I don't think anyone would give this a high rating, whether employed by them or as a contractor like myself. The hardest part of my job is wondering if this week will be my last. However, my boss is doing everything she can to keep me on the team. On a more positive note, this position was only supposed to last three weeks for me and this coming December will be my third year. What I most liked about this position is the specific team I worked on, including my boss. We have all become like friends.

Bottom line is that I would be content working for this company for the next 30 years if that was possible.
Pros
A great boss, friendly co-workers, decent pay, excellent work/life balance
Cons
Very little job security.
Good company to work.
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 28, 2016
I have worked with this company for over two years. I learned the culture of a large corporation.

For people who like people, you will get to know people from different cultures working in MG.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
As in any big corporation, too much bureaucracy. Bad health insurance
Nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 8, 2016
I think this company is a good, because their pay isn't bad, and they offer good benefits. If you like working alone then this place is for you. Your hours are flexible, because you can trade hours with other employees in your job position.
Great job at Great company
Executive Assistant to Chief Product Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 10, 2016
I worked at MoneyGram International full-time
Nice, talented people. Flexible work environment. Casual attire. Attractive office. Free parking.

Multiculture.

The company needs to be more stable and promote employees.
Very good company to work for I learned so much
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 10, 2015
Come into work and check all financial reports for the banks
I learned different programs to learn what I needed to be productive in the Official Check Area
Management was awesome very supportive in all areas of work and personal
The coworkers we were a team helping each other with our accounts to stay in the 60 day compliance
Working with the banks to get in balance and reconcile
Taking on new accounts and getting them into balance was very awarding once they reached the compliance requirements
Pros
Fantastic Benefits
Cons
Working in corporate you would bring your work home
Chill work Environment
Legal Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 19, 2016
My time here has been great so far, management is approachable, good work flow. I don't have anything bad to say really.

Pros
Great cafeteria space, great coffee!
Currently very crowded
Bilingual Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 31, 2016
International scope, learned a lot but job insecurity is always on the back mind because either departments are moved to TX or overseas in Poland.
Pros
no pressure from management
Cons
job insecurity
MoneyGram
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 25, 2016
MoneyGram was a great experience. The work culture there was great. Everyone was always willing to help in any way they could. I looked forward to working with my team everyday.
Scheduled an interview but did not call
Inteviewee (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 11, 2016
The HR called me yesterday and scheduled a phone interview for today but did not call without informing me at all. I spent a lot of time on doing research and preparing for questions. So disappointed!
Productive place to work with great people!
HRIS Specialist IV (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2016
It was a pleasure working for this company. I was given the opportunity to work with a new computer system. It was a pleasure working with all of my peers.
Pros
Awesome group of peers.
Cons
Job was eliminated.
Productive and nice work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CAOctober 25, 2016
Resolve customers inconvenience
Contact customers and provide information
Enter customers information
Answer custumers questions
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Compliance team is awesome!
Talent Acquisition - Recruiting Manager (Americas) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 22, 2016
The Compliance team works hard and has a huge impact with the security of the financial transactions within MoneyGram. They partner with law enforcement to identify and stop fraudulent activity.
MG is Just surviving
National Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2016
MG is just surviving. Tight circle of group think. Need to be purchased by someone and included along other brands. Chasing WU but will never catch...
Keep Looking....Much Better Companies in Dallas to Work For
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2015
I would list MoneyGram as one of my least favorite places to work. Training is non-existent, if you are not part the the first few that moved to Dallas from MSP or one of the first hired when they transitioned to Dallas, you are not part of the "family". The culture here is sink or swim. No training is equal. I received shotty training and no real direction from my boss....the next person she hired in a different role, received detailed training books, etc. I was left out of team events and made to feel as an outcast. I have never worked at such a ridiculous place. I could not wait to get out of there. I chose to leave the company less than 1 year of employment. Best decision ever. The Dallas corporate office is NOT the place to be. Beware of HR...

VERY HIGH TURNOVER
Pros
Uptown Location- Nice area/Nice offices
Cons
Benefits are terrible, Culture is lacking, Unfair Managers, Favortism
Fun Work place
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNAugust 8, 2016
Great place to work. Co-workers where great to work with. Enjoyed working with my agents and other departments. Wish they would let more people work from home.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
not being able to work from home
a interpersonal atmosphere
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 9, 2016
it was definitely a place to keep within your own personal space, just do your job, meet your quotas or beyond, and your day would be great. friendly co-workers, not a lot of interaction with management, only during meetings.
Downtown Dallas
Procurement Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 12, 2016
Nice Location

The culture depends on your Manager.

You will gain a lot of experience.

No too much room for growth, again depends on your management team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MoneyGram. Our community is ready to answer.