MoneyGram

MoneyGram Employee Reviews

Sr.Net Developer.
Sr.Net Developer (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 25, 2015
MoneyGram is MN based Software company. MoneyGram Payroll application is an online application for billing, payroll and cost accounting. Features job estimation, a desktop application and customizable reports. Tracking features include cost and billing rates, timesheets, generating and sending invoices, billing approvals process and time tracking reports. Once reported, this data can be used for multiple purposes, such as calculating the monthly working hours of employees, seeing who’s overloaded and who’s underutilized, or calculating the total effort invested on certain project.
It's a job!
Partner Support Specialist (Former Employee), Brooklyn Center, MNMay 27, 2015
Pros: short travel distance
Cons: the higher ups don't come down to see our world
Data Enty in a cubicle
To much to list
Needs to be thinned out
Coworkers are like family
rembembering all the bandaids to make systems work
work independly and early hours
It's ok
Partner Support Specialist (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 21, 2015
Free coffee and tea is quite good. Co-workers are nice and generally care about their work and the betterment of the company.
I love it
Compliance Analyst II (Current Employee), Frisco, TXMay 6, 2015
Pros: Very comfortable atmosphere
Cons: Working late takes a toll on your personal life when its daily
They often allow us to work independently. No micro-management
I love the free lunches on days when we are too busy to get a lunch break
Great place to work!
Senior Product/Delivery Manager (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNApril 16, 2015
Enjoyed working and learned a lot from MoneyGram. Great working environment and positive leadership. Lots of exposure to senior leadership. Good advancement plans.
Extremely competitive environment
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Plano, TexasApril 14, 2015
1. A typical day at work involves meetings with external agents and helping them in developing the application

2. Great learning experience as I was new to this domain. Learned Actimise

3. Co-workers and management are helpful

4. The hardest part of the job was maintaining a work life balance

5. Learning experience
Great company and people with plenty of opportunities for growth.
Accountant I (Current Employee), Brooklyn Center, MNApril 7, 2015
Pros: Career path and development opportunities.
Cons: Facility and equipment could be upgraded.
MoneyGram really helped my career development. I started out as a customer service representative and worked my way into a Fraud Analyst role. During this time, I received tuition reimbursement to attain my degree in Accounting. Not too long after my graduation date, I was able to move into a Staff Accountant role.
Nice People to work with but has Challenges
Finance Manager / Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Lakewood, COApril 6, 2015
Good Company to work for since it has many good people. Has Challenges with Compliance requirements and cost cutting goals.
Great place to work till MoneyGram closed the Lakewood office . job were outsorted to Poland
Senior Telecommunications Engineer (Former Employee), Lakewood, COApril 3, 2015
Pros: Great co-worker
Cons: Bad management discession at VP levels
Call Center call routing verification with in the MoneyGram network. Work with major call center stake holders to improve call flow to 6 major call centers around the world. design and improve the call flow for 200,000 remote Agent locations alone with consumer call from around the world.

Dealing with Telecommunication venders around the world (250 different countries.

Designing Call connectivity for agent and consumers within countries with little or no phone services.

The design process
Good workplace but lower salary
AML Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Frisco, TXMarch 26, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: pressures, bad healthcare, rigid management
a typical workday has a Lots of pressures
learned a lot of stuffs though
Management is rigid
co workers are good but there is politics there
hardest part of job is higher production rate
enjoyable part of job is friendly environment
They preferred process more than results
AML Compliance Analyst (Former Employee), Lakewood, COMarch 26, 2015
Low culture. Lots of gossiping, backstabbing. Highly unprofessional management. Unhelpful supervisors. Unclear responsibilities and metrics.
High stress environment with very little job security.
Support Technician IV (Former Employee), Brooklyn Center, MNMarch 23, 2015
Over the past 2 years over 600 jobs have been outsourced or moved off shore... not a stable working environment for many departments.
Wonderful
Fraud Prevention Rep. (Former Employee), Brooklyn Center, MNFebruary 21, 2015
Great place to work! Wonderful training and management. Staff appreciation is extremely high. Hours are open and flexible. I recommend this employer to anyone looking for a family oriented place to call home/work.
Excited environment with great people from many backgrounds
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Lakewood COFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: loved the people i worked with and the things i learned here
Cons: closing co office
I sincerely enjoyed working for MoneyGram. I have learned so much since I've been here. I got the oppurtunity to work with people from many different cultures. I also worked my way up to the AML Compliance Dept which taught me what to look for with Fraud and Compliance situations. The hardest part of my job was dealing with victims of fraud. Although it was sad to hear all the stories it was especially sad when the victims were elderly.
Continuous improvement, professional development, and open dialogue strongly fostered!
Sr. Finance Director (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Company clearly facing many regulatory and competitive challenges, but management team at all levels fosters an environment of team development and encouragement. Overall leadership team engages employees at all levels to develop sense of community and common objectives. In spite of many challenges due to economics of business, the management team very open and direct with employees. Treating employees with dignity and respect a top priority.
Money transfers online and hold customer care
Customer Advocate II (Former Employee), Denver,CoFebruary 8, 2015
Working with MoneyGram International I got a lot of experiences and the company and my co-workers are very nice, my supervisor was the best supervisor ever.The best part of it again the company sent to Europe for 3 months to train people in Europe was nice.
Decent work, nothing outstanding
Senior Specialist Customer Care Case Management (Former Employee), Lakewood, COFebruary 3, 2015
Good people, but that's about all that is good. Company does provide 401k plan, some health benefits, PTO. No clear communication from management, focus on bottom-line is too big. Majority of the workforce has either already been outsourced or off-shored, or is in the process of being.
Fun & Challenging Environment
FP&A Manager, Emerging Channels (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: chaning organziation structure
Great people to work with, many different dynamics of teams
Fast paced & ever changing environment
Complicated organization structure
Moneygram
Payment Discrepancy Specialist (Former Employee), Lakewood, COJanuary 27, 2015
Moneygram is a very great company to work. There is not much a variety of co-workers but those that are present are typical. A typical day at work usually consists of helping customers. The most enjoyable part is being able to help people.
Keep Looking....Much Better Companies in Dallas to Work For
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: uptown location- nice area/nice offices
Cons: benefits are terrible, culture is lacking, unfair managers, favortism
I would list MoneyGram as one of my least favorite places to work. Training is non-existent, if you are not part the the first few that moved to Dallas from MSP or one of the first hired when they transitioned to Dallas, you are not part of the "family". The culture here is sink or swim. No training is equal. I received shotty training and no real direction from my boss....the next person she hired in a different role, received detailed training books, etc. I was left out of team events and made to feel as an outcast. I have never worked at such a ridiculous place. I could not wait to get out of there. I chose to leave the company less than 1 year of employment. Best decision ever. The Dallas corporate office is NOT the place to be. Beware of HR...

VERY HIGH TURNOVER

$37,000 per year
Customer Care Specialist
$35,000 per year

MoneyGram Photos

Our past manager was very good at communicating with us and celebrating birthdays and holidays