MoneyGram Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work at
Software Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 21, 2016
Fun and challenged environment to learn and master skills. Great opportunity to focus and being objective. Will miss them. Awesome place.
Downtown Dallas
Procurement Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 12, 2016
Nice Location

The culture depends on your Manager.

You will gain a lot of experience.

No too much room for growth, again depends on your management team.
Good company to work.
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 28, 2016
I have worked with this company for over two years. I learned the culture of a large corporation.

For people who like people, you will get to know people from different cultures working in MG.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
As in any big corporation, too much bureaucracy. Bad health insurance
Contract assignment Ends April 15, 2016
Senior z/OS Mainframe Analysyt and ESP Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNMarch 27, 2016
Working PerDiem with permanent residence in Durham, NC. The work environment is good. Good pay and nice place to work. The Management are professional and a great team to work with. But my Contract assignment Ends in April 15, 2016
Pros
Good pay and nice environment.
Cons
I miss my family
Nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 8, 2016
I think this company is a good, because their pay isn't bad, and they offer good benefits. If you like working alone then this place is for you. Your hours are flexible, because you can trade hours with other employees in your job position.
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. Developer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 14, 2016
Good place to learn and a great place to begin your career. Generous paid holidays and bonus and this is an ideal place to work.
Money Gram
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  huston, TXDecember 23, 2015
Great Employer. Employee first. cool colleagues. helpful bosses. career advancement opportunities. health and growing work environment.
diversity
Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 22, 2015
facility closure.It was very diversified. It was also fun to work.A lot of évents. however, no cellphones. Some supervisons were unfair
Good working atmosphere,
Senior Director Owned Stores, USA (Former Employee) –  nation wideDecember 3, 2015
MoneyGram is a company with good working atmosphere, where employees are stimuled and supported to develop skills.
On my area there is great flexibility to implant my own leadship style.
It is the second most important/large company on the remmittances industry, Because of that sometimes focus and general alignment to the objectives is deviated. Too much people making decisons on one topic that some times impacts negatively on the bottom line of the financials.
Pros
Bonuses and Long term incentives
Cons
Poor and expensive Health insurance
Good Company
Fraud Prevention Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park,October 20, 2015
Good Company...Wonderful management and great co-workers. I loved going to work. Management always strove to give its people opportunities to grow -and pay was always competitive and fair.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Subpoena Processor Legal department (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNOctober 16, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job are, able to provide the right service to all clients around the work. Helping out customer on their needs when transfering money to their love one. I really enjoyed helping people.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short break
Great call center
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COSeptember 28, 2015
helped customers that called in with questions about their personal wire transfers. Helped customers with information about the money orders that they purchased,
Fast Paced
Operations (Former Employee) –  Lakewood COSeptember 16, 2015
Company down sizing, understaffed, outsourced most of the positions to save money, hiring inexperienced and less capable personnel. Great co workers but most of them were fired.
Pros
Great direct Managers (fired) great diversity
Cons
No budget to keep and support talent
Good Management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2015
Fast moving processes, busy environment. Overall good place to work, learn a lot. Good people and place. Would recommend to friends.
Very busy
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Santo DomingoAugust 31, 2015
At MoneyGram I answered incoming phone calls and helped people from all around the world transfer money to family, friends, and businesses and gave current currency rates. It was very busy because we had a lot of calls and were given a certain amount of time to take of our customers.
Pros
Flexible hours and shifts
Cons
No opportunities to grow as an employee.
Very good company to work for I learned so much
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 10, 2015
Come into work and check all financial reports for the banks
I learned different programs to learn what I needed to be productive in the Official Check Area
Management was awesome very supportive in all areas of work and personal
The coworkers we were a team helping each other with our accounts to stay in the 60 day compliance
Working with the banks to get in balance and reconcile
Taking on new accounts and getting them into balance was very awarding once they reached the compliance requirements
Pros
Fantastic Benefits
Cons
Working in corporate you would bring your work home
Full cycle ap
AP Consultant (Current Employee) –  FriscoJuly 22, 2015
• Transition all Accounts Payable operations from Minnesota to Frisco, Texas
• Process and Code invoices for worldwide entities as well as using multiple currencies for MoneyGram International
• Route invoices for approval using workflow tool
• Reconciliation and analysis of large invoices/vendor statements
• Understand and maintain the highest standard of process and cash controls.
• Process intercompany transactions and help with month end accrual process
• Responsible for reviewing AP Holds Report and providing Holds Resolution
• Coaching & Training of 8 AP Processors on daily AP SOP’s and activities.
• Assist in the handling of vendor inquires and payment issues utilizing both dedicated Email and Phone Line for AP Inquiries
• Assists in Cash Disbursing, US and Internationally. Knowledge in VAT Taxes, SWIFT Codes, ACH, Conversions and International Banking practices.
• Responsible for monitoring, tracking and correcting Invoice Duplicates.
• Ensure vendor invoices are accurately scanned, coded, and routed for approval
• Ensure all vendors are paid per contractual terms and that inquiries and payment issues are responded to and resolved in a timely manner
• Assist in the development and evaluation of accounts payable processes and policies, and ensure external and internal controls and policies are adhered to
• Work with company personnel to resolve service issues using sound business acumen and financial judgment in decision-making.
• Completes special projects, and duties as needed using Excel, Pivot Tables, V-Lookup
• Help identify and drive process
  more... improvements
• Perform Due Diligence for Escheatment on outstanding Checks
• Work with Treasury to research international payments.
Pros
Flex time
Employer in Transition
Commissions Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 14, 2015
I have learned a great deal, but in the past year we have gone through a large transition.

Many jobs have ended or been relocated from the building that I was located in.
Pros
Friendly workplace with tenured employees
Cons
In transition workplace, with many jobs moving overseas
Toxic Environment
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis ParkJuly 13, 2015
So much change happening and skilled employees are being replaced Offshore, unfortunately a very toxic work environment and frequent turnover at the executive level
fun work place
Holds Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver ColoradoJune 26, 2015
I worked with MoneyGram International for 2 years, I started with MGO then moved to Escalations and later was trained in Holds, I enjoyed assisting customers and was nice receiving different scenarios on a daily basis. Although the company was outsourced I enjoyed my short time there and gained a lot of experience that will help me in the future.
Pros
being able to work with people of different nationalaties/cultures was very nice
Cons
some supervisors were not always helpful, when you addressed an issue they would not always find an answer for you.