MoneyGram Employee Reviews in United States

MoneyGram
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 25, 2016
MoneyGram was a great experience. The work culture there was great. Everyone was always willing to help in any way they could. I looked forward to working with my team everyday.
Compliance team is awesome!
Talent Acquisition - Recruiting Manager (Americas) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 22, 2016
The Compliance team works hard and has a huge impact with the security of the financial transactions within MoneyGram. They partner with law enforcement to identify and stop fraudulent activity.
Fun Work place
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNAugust 8, 2016
Great place to work. Co-workers where great to work with. Enjoyed working with my agents and other departments. Wish they would let more people work from home.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
not being able to work from home
Currently very crowded
Bilingual Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 31, 2016
International scope, learned a lot but job insecurity is always on the back mind because either departments are moved to TX or overseas in Poland.
Pros
no pressure from management
Cons
job insecurity
Perfect
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2016
I had a great time working at Money-gram. I learned how to treat people and how to be patient with them, also i learned how to work alone and as a team.
Global, Innovative, competitive environment
Manager, IT Operations (Current Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoJune 21, 2016
MoneyGram is a global company, with offices and partners around the world. It was a fun place to work, they had great patience with me as I enhanced my English skills and I progressed to six career levels with increased responsibilities.
Pros
Teamwork, volunteer opportunities, invests in education, ogoodbenefits
Cons
work/life balance is now improving
From a Contractor's Perspective.
Web Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 10, 2016
I can't honestly give an accurate review of this company because I work there as a contractor. It would seem their regular, full-time employees would score very high on these rating with the exception of "Job Security."

Management and Job Culture: My boss had me come into the office once and I got to meet all the very friendly people who previously were just another email address to me. Everyone seemed happy there, for the most part, and management seemed pretty good. As for management, I can only speak of the one I call my boss. She is one of the best bosses I've ever worked for.

Job Security/Advancement: I don't think anyone would give this a high rating, whether employed by them or as a contractor like myself. The hardest part of my job is wondering if this week will be my last. However, my boss is doing everything she can to keep me on the team. On a more positive note, this position was only supposed to last three weeks for me and this coming December will be my third year. What I most liked about this position is the specific team I worked on, including my boss. We have all become like friends.

Bottom line is that I would be content working for this company for the next 30 years if that was possible.
Pros
A great boss, friendly co-workers, decent pay, excellent work/life balance
Cons
Very little job security.
great employees
Settlement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 31, 2016
Compensation was good, employees great, and very challenging job with great systems in place. I worked in a settlement department and with agents. I liked working with agents and helping find discrepancies between the two companies.
Pros
Great support from team and technical systems
Cons
hard to advance
a interpersonal atmosphere
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 9, 2016
it was definitely a place to keep within your own personal space, just do your job, meet your quotas or beyond, and your day would be great. friendly co-workers, not a lot of interaction with management, only during meetings.
Fun place to work at
Software Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 21, 2016
Fun and challenged environment to learn and master skills. Great opportunity to focus and being objective. Will miss them. Awesome place.
Downtown Dallas
Procurement Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 12, 2016
Nice Location

The culture depends on your Manager.

You will gain a lot of experience.

No too much room for growth, again depends on your management team.
Good company to work.
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 28, 2016
I have worked with this company for over two years. I learned the culture of a large corporation.

For people who like people, you will get to know people from different cultures working in MG.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
As in any big corporation, too much bureaucracy. Bad health insurance
Contract assignment Ends April 15, 2016
Senior z/OS Mainframe Analysyt and ESP Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNMarch 27, 2016
Working PerDiem with permanent residence in Durham, NC. The work environment is good. Good pay and nice place to work. The Management are professional and a great team to work with. But my Contract assignment Ends in April 15, 2016
Pros
Good pay and nice environment.
Cons
I miss my family
Nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 8, 2016
I think this company is a good, because their pay isn't bad, and they offer good benefits. If you like working alone then this place is for you. Your hours are flexible, because you can trade hours with other employees in your job position.
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. Developer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 14, 2016
Good place to learn and a great place to begin your career. Generous paid holidays and bonus and this is an ideal place to work.
Money Gram
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  huston, TXDecember 23, 2015
Great Employer. Employee first. cool colleagues. helpful bosses. career advancement opportunities. health and growing work environment.
diversity
Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 22, 2015
facility closure.It was very diversified. It was also fun to work.A lot of évents. however, no cellphones. Some supervisons were unfair
Good working atmosphere,
Senior Director Owned Stores, USA (Former Employee) –  nation wideDecember 3, 2015
MoneyGram is a company with good working atmosphere, where employees are stimuled and supported to develop skills.
On my area there is great flexibility to implant my own leadship style.
It is the second most important/large company on the remmittances industry, Because of that sometimes focus and general alignment to the objectives is deviated. Too much people making decisons on one topic that some times impacts negatively on the bottom line of the financials.
Pros
Bonuses and Long term incentives
Cons
Poor and expensive Health insurance
Good Company
Fraud Prevention Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park,October 20, 2015
Good Company...Wonderful management and great co-workers. I loved going to work. Management always strove to give its people opportunities to grow -and pay was always competitive and fair.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Subpoena Processor Legal department (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNOctober 16, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job are, able to provide the right service to all clients around the work. Helping out customer on their needs when transfering money to their love one. I really enjoyed helping people.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short break