MoneyGram Employee Reviews in United States

Good company to work.
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 28, 2016
I have worked with this company for over two years. I learned the culture of a large corporation.

For people who like people, you will get to know people from different cultures working in MG.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
As in any big corporation, too much bureaucracy. Bad health insurance
Contract assignment Ends April 15, 2016
Senior z/OS Mainframe Analysyt and ESP Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNMarch 27, 2016
Working PerDiem with permanent residence in Durham, NC. The work environment is good. Good pay and nice place to work. The Management are professional and a great team to work with. But my Contract assignment Ends in April 15, 2016
Pros
Good pay and nice environment.
Cons
I miss my family
Very good company to work for I learned so much
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 10, 2015
Come into work and check all financial reports for the banks
I learned different programs to learn what I needed to be productive in the Official Check Area
Management was awesome very supportive in all areas of work and personal
The coworkers we were a team helping each other with our accounts to stay in the 60 day compliance
Working with the banks to get in balance and reconcile
Taking on new accounts and getting them into balance was very awarding once they reached the compliance requirements
Pros
Fantastic Benefits
Cons
Working in corporate you would bring your work home
Nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 8, 2016
I think this company is a good, because their pay isn't bad, and they offer good benefits. If you like working alone then this place is for you. Your hours are flexible, because you can trade hours with other employees in your job position.
Global, Innovative, competitive environment
Manager, IT Operations (Current Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoJune 21, 2016
MoneyGram is a global company, with offices and partners around the world. It was a fun place to work, they had great patience with me as I enhanced my English skills and I progressed to six career levels with increased responsibilities.
Pros
Teamwork, volunteer opportunities, invests in education, ogoodbenefits
Cons
work/life balance is now improving
Good Company
Fraud Prevention Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park,October 20, 2015
Good Company...Wonderful management and great co-workers. I loved going to work. Management always strove to give its people opportunities to grow -and pay was always competitive and fair.
From a Contractor's Perspective.
Web Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 10, 2016
I can't honestly give an accurate review of this company because I work there as a contractor. It would seem their regular, full-time employees would score very high on these rating with the exception of "Job Security."

Management and Job Culture: My boss had me come into the office once and I got to meet all the very friendly people who previously were just another email address to me. Everyone seemed happy there, for the most part, and management seemed pretty good. As for management, I can only speak of the one I call my boss. She is one of the best bosses I've ever worked for.

Job Security/Advancement: I don't think anyone would give this a high rating, whether employed by them or as a contractor like myself. The hardest part of my job is wondering if this week will be my last. However, my boss is doing everything she can to keep me on the team. On a more positive note, this position was only supposed to last three weeks for me and this coming December will be my third year. What I most liked about this position is the specific team I worked on, including my boss. We have all become like friends.

Bottom line is that I would be content working for this company for the next 30 years if that was possible.
Pros
A great boss, friendly co-workers, decent pay, excellent work/life balance
Cons
Very little job security.
great employees
Settlement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 31, 2016
Compensation was good, employees great, and very challenging job with great systems in place. I worked in a settlement department and with agents. I liked working with agents and helping find discrepancies between the two companies.
Pros
Great support from team and technical systems
Cons
hard to advance
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. Developer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 14, 2016
Good place to learn and a great place to begin your career. Generous paid holidays and bonus and this is an ideal place to work.
Money Gram
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  huston, TXDecember 23, 2015
Great Employer. Employee first. cool colleagues. helpful bosses. career advancement opportunities. health and growing work environment.
a interpersonal atmosphere
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 9, 2016
it was definitely a place to keep within your own personal space, just do your job, meet your quotas or beyond, and your day would be great. friendly co-workers, not a lot of interaction with management, only during meetings.
Good working atmosphere,
Senior Director Owned Stores, USA (Former Employee) –  nation wideDecember 3, 2015
MoneyGram is a company with good working atmosphere, where employees are stimuled and supported to develop skills.
On my area there is great flexibility to implant my own leadship style.
It is the second most important/large company on the remmittances industry, Because of that sometimes focus and general alignment to the objectives is deviated. Too much people making decisons on one topic that some times impacts negatively on the bottom line of the financials.
Pros
Bonuses and Long term incentives
Cons
Poor and expensive Health insurance
Perfect
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2016
I had a great time working at Money-gram. I learned how to treat people and how to be patient with them, also i learned how to work alone and as a team.
Fun place to work at
Software Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 21, 2016
Fun and challenged environment to learn and master skills. Great opportunity to focus and being objective. Will miss them. Awesome place.
Downtown Dallas
Procurement Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 12, 2016
Nice Location

The culture depends on your Manager.

You will gain a lot of experience.

No too much room for growth, again depends on your management team.
Keep Looking....Much Better Companies in Dallas to Work For
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2015
I would list MoneyGram as one of my least favorite places to work. Training is non-existent, if you are not part the the first few that moved to Dallas from MSP or one of the first hired when they transitioned to Dallas, you are not part of the "family". The culture here is sink or swim. No training is equal. I received shotty training and no real direction from my boss....the next person she hired in a different role, received detailed training books, etc. I was left out of team events and made to feel as an outcast. I have never worked at such a ridiculous place. I could not wait to get out of there. I chose to leave the company less than 1 year of employment. Best decision ever. The Dallas corporate office is NOT the place to be. Beware of HR...

VERY HIGH TURNOVER
Pros
uptown location- nice area/nice offices
Cons
benefits are terrible, culture is lacking, unfair managers, favortism
Fast Paced
Operations (Former Employee) –  Lakewood COSeptember 16, 2015
Company down sizing, understaffed, outsourced most of the positions to save money, hiring inexperienced and less capable personnel. Great co workers but most of them were fired.
Pros
Great direct Managers (fired) great diversity
Cons
No budget to keep and support talent
Horrible would be an improvement
Senior Compliance Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  DallasJuly 23, 2014
MoneyGram is a dead end career that has numerous talented and skilled employees however they are never promoted. Work life balance is awful, you aren't asked to work overtime just forced to. Benefits are also very poor with each year getting worse. Management is very unethical and every employee that reports concerns are "mysteriously" terminated after no previous write ups.
Pros
very skilled employees
Cons
from a-z; far to many to name as well as illegal actions.
fun work place
Holds Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver ColoradoJune 26, 2015
I worked with MoneyGram International for 2 years, I started with MGO then moved to Escalations and later was trained in Holds, I enjoyed assisting customers and was nice receiving different scenarios on a daily basis. Although the company was outsourced I enjoyed my short time there and gained a lot of experience that will help me in the future.
Pros
being able to work with people of different nationalaties/cultures was very nice
Cons
some supervisors were not always helpful, when you addressed an issue they would not always find an answer for you.
Continuous improvement, professional development, and open dialogue strongly fostered!
Sr. Finance Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Company clearly facing many regulatory and competitive challenges, but management team at all levels fosters an environment of team development and encouragement. Overall leadership team engages employees at all levels to develop sense of community and common objectives. In spite of many challenges due to economics of business, the management team very open and direct with employees. Treating employees with dignity and respect a top priority.