MoneyGram

MoneyGram Employer Reviews

High stress environment with very little job security.
Support Technician IV (Former Employee), Brooklyn Center, MNMarch 23, 2015
Over the past 2 years over 600 jobs have been outsourced or moved off shore... not a stable working environment for many departments.
Wonderful
Fraud Prevention Rep. (Former Employee), Brooklyn Center, MNFebruary 21, 2015
Great place to work! Wonderful training and management. Staff appreciation is extremely high. Hours are open and flexible. I recommend this employer to anyone looking for a family oriented place to call home/work.
Excited environment with great people from many backgrounds
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Lakewood COFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: loved the people i worked with and the things i learned here
Cons: closing co office
I sincerely enjoyed working for MoneyGram. I have learned so much since I've been here. I got the oppurtunity to work with people from many different cultures. I also worked my way up to the AML Compliance Dept which taught me what to look for with Fraud and Compliance situations. The hardest part of my job was dealing with victims of fraud. Although it was sad to hear all the stories it was especially sad when the victims were elderly.
Continuous improvement, professional development, and open dialogue strongly fostered!
Sr. Finance Director (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Company clearly facing many regulatory and competitive challenges, but management team at all levels fosters an environment of team development and encouragement. Overall leadership team engages employees at all levels to develop sense of community and common objectives. In spite of many challenges due to economics of business, the management team very open and direct with employees. Treating employees with dignity and respect a top priority.
Money transfers online and hold customer care
Customer Advocate II (Former Employee), Denver,CoFebruary 8, 2015
Working with MoneyGram International I got a lot of experiences and the company and my co-workers are very nice, my supervisor was the best supervisor ever.The best part of it again the company sent to Europe for 3 months to train people in Europe was nice.
Decent work, nothing outstanding
Senior Specialist Customer Care Case Management (Former Employee), Lakewood, COFebruary 3, 2015
Good people, but that's about all that is good. Company does provide 401k plan, some health benefits, PTO. No clear communication from management, focus on bottom-line is too big. Majority of the workforce has either already been outsourced or off-shored, or is in the process of being.
Fun & Challenging Environment
FP&A Manager, Emerging Channels (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: chaning organziation structure
Great people to work with, many different dynamics of teams
Fast paced & ever changing environment
Complicated organization structure
Moneygram
Payment Discrepancy Specialist (Former Employee), Lakewood, COJanuary 27, 2015
Moneygram is a very great company to work. There is not much a variety of co-workers but those that are present are typical. A typical day at work usually consists of helping customers. The most enjoyable part is being able to help people.
Keep Looking....Much Better Companies in Dallas to Work For
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: uptown location- nice area/nice offices
Cons: benefits are terrible, culture is lacking, unfair managers, favortism
I would list MoneyGram as one of my least favorite places to work. Training is non-existent, if you are not part the the first few that moved to Dallas from MSP or one of the first hired when they transitioned to Dallas, you are not part of the "family". The culture here is sink or swim. No training is equal. I received shotty training and no real direction from my boss....the next person she hired in a different role, received detailed training books, etc. I was left out of team events and made to feel as an outcast. I have never worked at such a ridiculous place. I could not wait to get out of there. I chose to leave the company less than 1 year of employment. Best decision ever. The Dallas corporate office is NOT the place to be. Beware of HR...

VERY HIGH TURNOVER
Great Place to Work
Partner Training Specialist (Current Employee), Brooklyn Center, MNDecember 15, 2014
Cons: company is off shoring most of their us jobs
This company is still growing and deciding in which direction it will go. My division is business-owner facing and includes substantial time on the phone training customers.
I would say that the most enjoyable part of the job was the pace of the work and the constant updates to the regulations.
The management within the division genuinely cares about every employee and tries to be flexible to ensure a work/life balance.
Freedom to work independent
Senior Compliance Analyst III (Current Employee), Frisco, TXDecember 6, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: healthcare, benefits and pto
A typical work day at MGI in the FIU unit is reviewing cases that were assigned the prior evening and prioritizing your case load for the day.
Productive & fun working with the management
Senior J2EE Developer (Current Employee), Sacramento,CANovember 23, 2014
It was pleasure working
Management was very supportive
Co-workers are also good
Excellent management accountability and support.
Partnership Development Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 4, 2014
Pros: i like to travel usually by car throughout my territory.
Cons: the traffic encountered daily during my travels.
Every Monday from my home office I was involved in a conference call with my counterparts around the country and the District Sales Manager. After the call if we had discussed any priorities that had to be addressed that week that would be at the top of my things to do list; I would set-up my itinerary for the week which consisted of on-site agent location visits and phone calls; Salesforce management of agent calls as well as responding to any documentation in Salesforce I was responsible to acknowledge. Although my co-workers were scattered around the country i.e. Texas, Louisiana, Minnesota, and Illinois we did support each other when various concerns would arise in which we could discuss remedies for the situation. The hardest part of my job was time management which was very important in keeping on top of priorities which could change from day to day. The most enjoyable was traveling and interacting with agent personnel. I enjoyed the customer service aspect of my duties. My District Manager which, I directly reported to, was always available for support and direction.
Good place
Tech IV (Former Employee), Lakewood, COOctober 30, 2014
Costly benefits. Work hours good.
Management good.
Training good
Work environment good.
It was good working in Moneygram
Sr. ETL/BI Developer (Former Employee), MinneapolisOctober 8, 2014
• Involved in designing logical and physical model for staging and target data base.
• Performed high level and detail design for outbound data extracts from Central data warehouse.
• Worked with XML sources and targets, flat files.
• Wrote UNIX shell scripts to work with flat files, to define parameter files and to create pre and post session commands.
• Simplified the development and maintenance of ETL by creating Mapplets, Re-usable transformations to prevent redundancy.
• Configured the mappings to handle the updates to preserve the existing records using Update Strategy Transformation.
• Identified and fixed bottlenecks and tuned the complex Informatica mappings for better Performance.
• Involved in BW Data load scheduling, monitoring and troubleshooting data extraction and load problems.
• Created complex mappings which involved Slowly Changing Dimensions, implementation of business logic and capturing the deleted records in the source systems.
• Exclusively used Informatica optimization techniques like push down optimization and pipeline partitioning.
• Performed peer code reviews to ensure compliance with ETL standards.
• Coordinating when and how environments would be deployed.
• Enhanced system performance by optimizing and tuning database objects and ETL processes.
• Extensively involved in recovery process for capturing the incremental changes in the source systems for updating in the staging area and data warehouse respectively.
The Worst Company in DFW as of Sept 24, 2014
Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: unstable, low pay, plenty of stress, horrible insurance and much more
Moneygram is the worst company to work for! Very unprofessional and the culture is horrid. They have a 67% perecent turnover and FOR A GOOD REASON. The employees are leaving this company at a higher rate then Enron. The employees are all new including the managers who have ALL been there less than 1 year. If you are looking for unstable and to take a step back in your career then MoneyGram is the place. Don't be fooled, like I was by the Recruiter on false promises- they hide it well. Once you are hired, it will take you less than 2 months to fugure out why your position was a replacement role. Majority of all MoneyGram openings are replacement roles from previous employees quitting. Please ask!
You have been warned as of 9/24/2014. Very unstable, low pay and plenty of stressful days!
Not an "Our Employees are our Greatest Asset" Employer
Former Employee (Former Employee), All Over, USASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: unreliable
MGI is a machine. Its employees are nothing compared with its bottom line, and it pays little mind to the impact its profit-driven changes have on the people who change their lives to work for it. One day you are working hard, happy and looking forward to the future, and the next you are being supervised while you pack your things and escorted out of the offices. When its good its good, but when you're out you're out like a criminal. Soulless.
No room for advancement and highly unstable
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Frisco, TXSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: access to the building with the badge nearly any time
Cons: micromanagement, monitoring constantly, low pay, far commute, no advancement, etc.
MoneyGram is a corporation that has to play the number's game with its contractors like myself. We are let go anytime they cannot afford our services, or if we slack off at all. Many of the contractors have been hired on full time. I have been here almost a year and am still a contractor. People doing the same job as me are getting payed significantly more because for one reason or another they were hired over me. There just seems to be hope one minute, and then the next you feel you may be let go. It is highly competitive, but feels more like a popularity contest than performance based. Even if it were both, I would have a very high chance of not hearing one way or the other how I'm doing or even what I should work on. No room for advancement, no real communication with supervisors, and no accolades other than at the quarterly meetings. Not very satisfying work for me, ready for a change. The bright side to this company is the fact that they have kept me around over many others over time, I just wish it was more clear how to apply for a full time position instead of finding out 6 months in how that process works.
And if you are hired on full time, you get many obvious benefits, like covered parking, or a lenient schedule, or three to four times the pay that I receive. Very short lunch breaks that are not paid for as well. No paid time off, no benefits.
Sad to see the changes
Supervisor - Technical Support Center (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 18, 2014
When I started, the environment was dynamic, exciting and engaged. Employees were encouraged to contribute and often did far more than the confines of their job descriptions. Management communicated quickly across multiple levels of the organization. However over the last several years, the environment in Operations became progressively less engaged, less optimistic, and less informed as cost cutting efforts took their toll on employee contributions and morale.

As of 2014, the Operations division will be off shored or outsourced, and obviously these mass layoffs have had a dramatic negative impact on engagement.
very fun place
Assist customers and agents (Current Employee), Lakewood coloradoAugust 5, 2014
I got so much better with my computer skills because of my Jo here. The co worker are always there to help when you need help. All the supervisors are very detail oriented and make sure the company keeps it great reputation. The Hardest part of my job is waking up everyday at 12 am to be at work at 1 am. what i love mostly is putting a smile on those customers faces.

1 2 3 4