MoneyGram

MoneyGram Employer Reviews

Loved working at Moneygram! great environment and great people.
I.T. Support Technician IV (Current Employee), Lakewood, COMarch 31, 2014
Pros: was able to take hour lunches when we had pot lucks
Cons: health care was not the best
Provide technical troubleshooting for MoneyGram's agents in regards to their POE. This includes but is not limited to: connectivity issues, errors occurred during transaction processing, equipment replacement, handling calls from onsite support personnel (technicians, sales reps, trainers, etc), and troubleshooting all associated issues with agents – more... using the AgentConnect platform. That includes working with individuals from the corporate offices of those agents, as well as technicians and ITSG personnel. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Sr. Manager - Project Management, PMO (Current Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNMarch 21, 2014
Moneygram has a great culture to work, very productive environment.
Brief Synopsis of responsibilities while Recruiting for MoneyGram International
Talent Acquisition Consultant/ Contractor (Current Employee), Dallas TXMarch 17, 2014
Pros: high volume and fast paced environment
Cons: n/a
•Liaised between hiring managers, candidates, and human resource representatives (i.e. processed and submitted all candidates via ATS, managed recruitment process, advised hiring managers regarding candidate offers, extended verbal offers, negotiated offers, and provided formal offer letters).
•Provided guidance, advice, and process training to hiring – more... managers by setting up in-take/strategy calls to discuss all roles pertaining to their individual teams, the recruitment process, feedback, and expectations during the interview and hire process.
•Effectively partnered with HR Business Partners to ensure the correct hiring processes according to the company’s policies, job description approvals and updates, offer letter verbiage, etc.
•Recruited financial, information technology, and compliance professionals – less
fun place
Agent Services Department, ASMG (Current Employee), Lakewood, COMarch 17, 2014
Pros: benefits and employee refund tuition fees
I have learned to always be there for the customers and helped them as best as i could.
It has always be a pleasure to work as Customer service Representative and also as a Compliance Analyst.
The hardest part of my job is to make the customers realized that they have been a victim of fraud or scam.
MoneyGram International is a leading global money transfer company
Senior Manager - Global Procurement (Current Employee), St Louis Park, MNMarch 5, 2014
MoneyGram International is a leading global money transfer company. Through 334,000 agent locations and operations in 200 countries, the company is committed to providing affordable, reliable, and convenient payment services to customers around the world.
Friendly environment to work at
Subpoena Analyst (Current Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: nice work environment
Cons: ?
I am part of a great team. We are all hard workers and we enjoy working together.
My day starts checking e mail, organizing my tasks for the day according to the their priority. Help my co-workers when they need help.
I work with large spreadsheets and lots of information that needs to be filtered in order to provide the best product possible.
Call Center
Superviso (Current Employee), LakewoodDecember 19, 2013
Pros: plenty of parking
Cons: one sided company... all about treating people like sheep
Total lack of communication. Fosters a communist mentality. Passive supervisors with no skill. Loves to keep the inept.
Managing call center volume for +10 yrs.
Real-Time Analyst (Former Employee), Lakewood, coDecember 12, 2013
Managing call volume, reporting, analyize data, multi-task, data entry, managing outages, offering schedules, time off, vacation time, running meetings, managing outsourcer volume from other countries.
Good Pay, Stagnant Career
Compliance Analyst II (Current Employee), Frisco, TXOctober 15, 2013
Pros: nice people, interesting work
Cons: lack of growth opportunities
The pay is pretty good at MoneyGram but there is limited career mobility.
Very regimented.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 3, 2013
Pros: tons of overtime/money
Cons: had to work a few holidays but was compensated nicely.
Helping banks and customers (in my case from Germany) with money transfers to destinations all over the world.
Not available at this time
Corridor Development Manager - US & Canada (Current Employee), Los AngelesSeptember 24, 2013
Lots of different responsibilities
Lots of internal and external stake holders
Great place to provide a service to consumers in need
Senior Product Solution Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: very satisfying work
Cons: new management and location of home office
Lot's of opportunity to contribute to product and process that makes life easier for the unbanked population.

Great team atmosphere with opportunity to grow and advance.
Good company, good people, good experience
MANAGER, GLOBAL COMMUNICATIONS (Current Employee), Dallas, TX; Los Angeles, CAAugust 1, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: work life balance
MoneyGram is a good company in a growing money transfer industry. Management provides strong vision and the people are great.
Nice place to work
Settlement Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Brooklyn Center, MNJuly 11, 2013
I enjoyed my job there. The company was doing a lot of downsizing during my time.
WFM
WFM Analyst (Former Employee), Lakewood, COJuly 1, 2013
Cons: the management and employees
Do not work for this Company/Dept. if you can help it. The WFM dept is a mess and the people are immature and extremely rude and mean back stabbers. If you have a current job and can tolerate it a little bit longer, keep it and keep looking. This position was one of my biggest dissapoints in my career.
good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakewood, COJune 24, 2013
The best part while working at MoneyGram was talking to people from different countries around the world. Fun environment.
Great people to work with.
Senior Account Reconciler (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 10, 2013
Pros: flexibility of my time for family.
Cons: company layoffs with possibility of relocation.
Started with the company when they were just a small organization
Over the years the company has grown into a large international
organization #2 in their field.
Provided me with many years of job security plus multiple members of my family.
Reconciled large bank accounts involved in the clearing side of financial institutions. Notified Cash Management – more... members of investment availability.Was the go to person for other team member problems and office equipment problems. Maintained Record storage of time sensitive material.
Assisted other departments in problem solving.
Filled in at times with customer service and reception duties.
Have always enjoyed dealing with people. – less
Frustrating
Sr. Manager Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 24, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: everything
Lacking in Leadership at the mid-level. Assume upper management is good but have almost no exposure to them. No documented policies and procedures. Tough to navigate.

Itellya – July 2, 2013

Very true - No documented policies and procedures to follow. Rules are made up as we go .

A fun and diverse culture
Information Technology Technician (Current Employee), Lakewood, COApril 2, 2013
Pros: diverse workplace
A typical day involves taking numerous calls regarding customer and agent troubleshooting. I've gained much knowledge; including compliance laws, international requirements, and consumer tendencies.
Management is always willing to listen and assist when needed. My co-workers are great colleagues and always assist each other. The hardest part of the – more... job is staying up to date with the constantly changing procedures. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people from around the world. – less
Lack of communication
Analyst (Current Employee), Frisco, TXMarch 26, 2013
The work is not challenging for one who has compliance and or law enforcement experience. New graduates would be an ideal candidate for the positions located in Frisco, Texas.

Itellya – July 2, 2013

The most uninspiring leadership I have had the misfortune to work with. Managers complain about the company's lack of documented procedures and policies , and actually encourage employees to look elsewhere for opportunites.