MoneyGram Employee Reviews

Decent place to work
Compliance Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 18, 2017
A typical day at work: depending on your manager, you come to work and get started on your case load.

What I learned: that there is always someone smarter than you and you may be smarter than some of your management team in regardless to the job.

Management: as long as you do your job, you will have very few complaints out of them.

Workplace culture: laid back, but you will work here. People are friendly overall. Not a lot of room for advancement currently.

The hardest part of the job: the location due to where I reside. Getting up and driving to it every morning.

The most enjoyable part of the job: the laid back atmosphere
Company Culture Needs Improvement
Regional Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 12, 2017
I learned a lot about what a strong AML Compliance Program takes to succeed. Life in different departments is very drastic. Please consider talking to current workers for honest opinions depending on department
Pros
travel, AML knowlege
Cons
poor treatment depending on department
Quick Paced
Support Technician IV (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 24, 2017
Working at moneygram was a wonderful experience. Lots of phone time and needing to be in your seat. They pay you based on the time your logged into your phone and closely monitor your calls and resolutions.
productive
teller (Former Employee) –  St CatherineAugust 23, 2017
Typical work day starts with devotion then work until lunch then home. Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers. Management was strict and workplace culture was average
Pros
task were easy to accomplish
Cons
no day off for the first month.
MoneyGram gives me the flexibility I need
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER II AND LMS ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 9, 2017
Since starting with MGI in May of 2017, I've come to enjoy a great leadership team, close collaboration and cooperation between individual contributors and departments as well as having a much better work-life balance than I've seen in previous jobs.

I find my work challenging in that I learn something new everyday. Yes, it's hard but very satisfying!

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I'm part of a very close-knit team that works well together to accomplish our team goals as well as the company's long-term objectives. Everyone supports each other and works well together.

I would highly recommend MoneyGram to anyone as a great place to work!
Pros
Great corporate culture and work-life balance
Cons
IT support needs improvement.
Working environment
Compliance Investigative Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2017
Great team management and Good working environment. Learning how to use different software internet tools. Working and learning from others in diverse cultures.Making sure all information is current and accurate.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Contract only
Enjoyed working at MoneyGram
Compliance Field Trainer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNJuly 26, 2017
I spent the last two years traveling to ma and pa shops providing Compliance Training to the customers for money transfers.
The company was good to me. Unfortunately they moved the HQ's to Dallas and the Compliance department was let go otherwise I would have never left the company.
I had great people I worked with and really enjoyed the traveling.
Great Opportunities
Government Affairs Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 19, 2017
Wonderful employer with great opportunities. Great management team to work with and great co-workers. This company really cares about the employees at all levels.
Challenging Environment w/ Opportunities to Lead
Senior Director, Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 17, 2017
The culture and environment has become particularly challenging as the companies objectives and priorities have shifted. Many great people at MGI, most looking to do the right things, but often are held back by the lack of a consistent and cohesive strategy. Plenty of opportunities for those looking to lead others and provide direction.
Pros
Good location, decent pay and benefits
Cons
Culture and Morale
Look before you leap!
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJuly 3, 2017
This company got caught up in the Sub prime market scandal of 2008 and C level were given big parachutes as they were let go.
New leadreship brought in relocated headquarters to another state - too many people lost their jobs - left before i was shown the door.
Pros
can't think of anything
Cons
untrustworthy
Great Place
Consumer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJune 27, 2017
Not sure if the call center is opened anymore, but one of the better places to be employed. From top to bottom management and culture was awesome. Great place.
Superficial
HR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 14, 2017
Don't be fooled by their generic job descriptions and what they apparently offer unless you can trust the direct leader and team you'd be working for/with. There are definitely some bad people there who will lie, try to set you up to fail, use you and toss you out.

They gave an additional persons responsibilities unrelated to my work, changed my job completely, had handful of bosses in a short time, didn't recognize people for real accomplishments and superficial.

While you try breaking down the silos between the groups, the so-called HR leaders promote gossip, sexism and treating people based on if they are good looking or cool and a racial minority.

Their industry is decline and they will keep cutting people. Not a recommendation to work there....
Pros
compensation
Cons
Hr, Ethics, Culture, Advancement
Great
Test Manager (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 12, 2017
Great company to work with. Team culture is great and help me develop a lot from a professional view point. Attention to details is very important in order to work in this company which is an amazing experience.
Interesting company
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNMay 17, 2017
Packed day with round the clock meetings and lots to learn and achieve.
Interesting architecture involving mainframe
Very caring management
Relaxed work culture
Workplace Culture
Operations Team Lead, Settlement (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNMay 4, 2017
Most employees have been with the company for many many years. It's like having a second family. Employees are passionate about helping customers in the best way possible.
Proactive and Fun
Transaction Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 30, 2017
Fun place to work .Work culture is goodThe recruitment process was efficient, MoneyGram was impressively quick to make decisions. On boarding process was quick and easy.
Culture is positive and forward looking.
responsible and quick
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2017
well working at money gram is very nice experience because you meet different culture people and they share their thoughts with you why we ares ending the money etc etc .
and as working in money gram you have to be very active all the time and you have to be very quick
Wire-transfer inbound call center
Consumer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 24, 2017
Receiving inbound calls from senders. receivers, and 3rd party vendors regarding money transfer and money orders. I was promoted to a department that specialized in compliance with federal, state, and company policies regarding money-handling. I worked with some great people and had some really nice managers. It was open 24/7 so there were employees that worked overnight.
Pros
It was stable, reliable, and room for advancement.
Cons
Call center was closed due to outsourcing and calls now go overseas.
Nice place with good work life balance
QA Lead - Mobile and Web (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMarch 24, 2017
It was a good place to work with great work life balance. The management was a little unclear about the direction of the company but otherwise it had a good work atmosphere
Benefits
Too much change
HR Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 24, 2017
Too many paradigm shifts. Strategies change too much.
Recent CHRO termination changing entire culture for employees.
New "CHRO" stripped of most functions previously managed by HR.
Pros
covered parking, Red Team employee activities
Cons
open office environment, lack of department collaboration - silos

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MoneyGram. Our community is ready to answer.