MoneyGram Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Financial Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 23, 2017
Flexible & awesome place to work.
I have learned a great deal in this company, colleagues are helpful and management always willing to help out and make you grow
uncertain times combined with lack of/ poor communication
IT (Current Employee) –  United StatesMarch 18, 2017
The organization continues to bite off more than it can chew, trying to support aging, ineffective, non-revenue producing products while at the same time trying to be "the cool kid" on the block. Lots of opportunity for improvement.
Pros
fair and competitive compensation
Cons
senior management disconnected with reality
Good Place to work!
Java Programmer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 16, 2017
I really enjoyed working here! my project was Agent Works, it’s a Single point of entry (POE) that agents can use to access MoneyGram applications around the globe, which simplified the integration of New & Acquired Applications.
Awesome
Sr. Manager for Global FP&A (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 23, 2017
A great place with an amazing group of people. The culture of the company stresses learning and an entrepreneurial spirit. A great place to be.
Great Place to Work
Director, Account Management, Walmart (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARFebruary 14, 2017
I enjoyed my time at MoneyGram. It is a great place to work.
I would have enjoyed completing my career there but for the adjustments that have to be made in any business relationship with Walmart Stores, Inc.
Good International compnay
Director IT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 14, 2017
I really enjoyed working at MoneyGram until they let me and 100 other people go as part of a reduction in force. They are an international company and were recently acquired.
typical day
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 17, 2017
The Individuals arrive at the center at 9 a.m. we usually have morning meet an greet and we do what we call Morning Warm up and where we exercise and sing the Good morning song, then after that ill come up with a lesson plan for them to do then we usually eat lunch at 11 till about 11:45 them after that we return back to class where the will continue the lesson plan then about 1:30 they have free time till they depart at 2:30
good place to work
UI Developer (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 12, 2017
nice company to work,can gain good experience.management is very helpful.good working atmosphere.co workers are very helpful and we can enjoy the work we do
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Good company
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2017
The organization has some great employees. They are intelligent, hard-working and dedicated to the company. Your income is tied heavily to a compensation plan. Hence you are compensated well for working hard.
Pros
Compensation plan
Cons
Difficult to maintain a work-life balance due to the heavy emphasis on achieving aggressive targets.
good overall company
Partnership Development Manager/Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 2, 2017
good company. I was just a victim to lay offs. There were people there over 15 years and since I did not have tenure like the others I fell vicitm.
I had a good experience.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CODecember 23, 2016
I enjoyed the job. I like to talk on the phone with people and help them send or receive their money. Sometimes there were dire situation requiring me to go to great lengths to assist these people.
Pros
Great time
Cons
Moneygram is a good place to work
ServiceNow Developer/Admin (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 20, 2016
Very good company with a large international presence. Plenty of opportunity. Good management and good ambience.
Compensation, benefits, work life balance, PTO, growth, executive leadership & support, etc
There were great people to work with that made it a fun enviornment to work in.
Partner Training Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 13, 2016
A typical day would be responding to emails and messages. Reviewing my calendar for what needed to be completed for that day, prioritizing, attending any meetings or conference calls and putting out any fires that may come up.
I learned a lot about that specific aspect of the financial industry and the different laws and regulations that surround that part of the financial industry. I also learned a lot about different computer programs and was able to assist with software administrators with program changes and enhancements.
There were many great people that I worked with through out the company. Some who I never got to meet since they worked from home offices all over the country or at different offices all over the world.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not always sure about job security.
Love the Company, environment, people, and management!!!
Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 30, 2016
I have never worked for a Global company before and having the support and ability to walk into a C level executives office if I need to speaks volumes! The work life balance, ability to grow and take on new projects if you want, the management support (to name a few) make this the best company I have ever worked for!
Pros
Compensation, benefits, work life balance, Pto, growth, executive leadership & support, etc
Cons
My commute and no set work from home schedule like we used to have. Ex. WFH every Friday
Great job at Great company
Executive Assistant to Chief Product Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 10, 2016
I worked at MoneyGram International full-time
Nice, talented people. Flexible work environment. Casual attire. Attractive office. Free parking.

Multiculture.

The company needs to be more stable and promote employees.
Productive and nice work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CAOctober 25, 2016
Resolve customers inconvenience
Contact customers and provide information
Enter customers information
Answer custumers questions
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Chill work Environment
Legal Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 19, 2016
My time here has been great so far, management is approachable, good work flow. I don't have anything bad to say really.

Pros
Great cafeteria space, great coffee!
MG is Just surviving
National Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2016
MG is just surviving. Tight circle of group think. Need to be purchased by someone and included along other brands. Chasing WU but will never catch...
Scheduled an interview but did not call
Inteviewee (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 11, 2016
The HR called me yesterday and scheduled a phone interview for today but did not call without informing me at all. I spent a lot of time on doing research and preparing for questions. So disappointed!
Productive place to work with great people!
HRIS Specialist IV (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2016
It was a pleasure working for this company. I was given the opportunity to work with a new computer system. It was a pleasure working with all of my peers.
Pros
Awesome group of peers.
Cons
Job was eliminated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MoneyGram. Our community is ready to answer.