Monmouth University Employee Reviews

good place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJNovember 14, 2016
I loved working for this company . Good people to work with happ fun and fast paced . Only thing is the hours are not always there for you .
Pros
free food and drinks
Cons
always busy no down time to clean up and get situated
Perfect for students
Library Assistant/Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJSeptember 15, 2016
As a student at Monmouth, I was lucky enough to get employed in a teaching-like position. As a PLA (Peer Learning Assistant) I helped freshman adjust to college life as well as the professor teaching.
Pros
Work on campus then go to class
Cons
little hours, low pay
Tough Job, but Rewarding in the End
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJAugust 23, 2016
Working the front desk at a gym might seem easy, but it is a tough task. The people there can be very nice on a good day, and the environment is nice!
Great Staff and Program
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJAugust 16, 2016
Great staff and program. Lots of help and guidance to teach students. It is a very rewarding position because you are able to help your peers.
Positive attitude
Building Manager (Current Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJJuly 25, 2016
I love working with great people. Also being apart of a great community. I learned how to give memberships. I learned to challenge myself. The hardest part of the job is to work with a number of events at once.
Engaging Environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJJune 23, 2016
• Organized literature, program set-up, welcoming package for participants at the 2015 Academic Conference: The Criminalization of Race in History and Global Societies, Social Activism and Equal Justice
• Assisted tenured professors in academic research focusing on current issues facing veterans of the Vietnam War, the legacy of the Vietnam War, gathering newspaper reports of U-Boats off the Eastern Seaboard of the United States in World War II, the role of Women in the United States military, the benefits of yoga for recovering veterans, and statistical analysis of Monmouth University curricula
• Created Course Syllabi – U.S. Military History | Recent American History | The History of World War II
• Proctored exams for tenured professors
• Contributing writer to The Sextant – History & Anthropology Newsletter at Monmouth University
Fun Federal Work Study Job
Assistant Career Advisor - Career Development (Former Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJJune 7, 2016
It a federal work study job, so the workload was light. The people who work in the office have beautiful souls.Good if you want to earn extra money on campus
Productive work environment
administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJJune 1, 2016
Monmouth University is a good place to work. It is a great location, with a very professional staff, and a very good benefits package.
Fun, learning, interactive work
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Branch, NJMay 30, 2016
During the lab assistant work in computer labs and library, i controlled daily operation in computer lab, assisted students with any computer problems, helped students solve any Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and computer software issues.
Help students and staff with technical issues
TECHNOLOGY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJMay 12, 2016
At a desk, monitor a chat for any possible requests to help a student or faculty member with a printer. Computer labs would also be monitored and requested for printer paper and toner.
Pros
Relaxing

Want to know more about Monmouth University?

Ask a question
Floor/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJApril 25, 2016
You just clean tables and fill anything that is empty. There are several such as a dishwasher or a line cook in which you would just replace any food when it gets empty and tell the cooks when you are low on a certain food.
good experience for freshers
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  NJFebruary 24, 2016
-Very Hectic.
-good support from professionals at work
-learned how to communicate regarding the task given and its issues
-Most enjoyable part is having to work all the time which makes busy and a satisfaction of giving my best at work
Helpful and Good Environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 23, 2016
Monmouth University is an academic institution interested in helped students achieve their goals. I am one of those students.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Minimum Wage
Friendly Environment Fostering High Level of Education for students
Adjunct Professor, Nutrition & Health (Current Employee) –  Long Branch, NJSeptember 7, 2015
Professional and friendly atmosphere encouraging students to become life long learners.
High quality of education. Proficient
Productive and educational work enviorment
School of Science Dean's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Branch, NJAugust 9, 2015
The staff in the school of science deans office is wonderful to work with. I learned many new skill in this position and learned many networking skills.
Balanced well with graduate studies
Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJMay 11, 2015
My work as a writing tutor was rewarding and helpful in my career as an English graduate student. I got the chance to work with an array of both graduate and undergraduate students, and learned a lot about fields of study other than my own. Seeing students grow in their writing abilities was the most enjoyable thing about the job. It also helped to hone my own writing and proofreading abilities.
Great hands on work environment.
Radio DJ (Former Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJApril 1, 2015
I had the opportunity to work at Monmouth University's radio station as on air talent. It was a great experience that left me with vaulable insight to inner workings of broadcast radio.
Pros
Free room and board
Great Environment
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJMarch 22, 2015
Working as a University ambassador was very rewarding. Answering any inquiries, guiding potential incoming students and their families has taught me that I love to work with the public. I enjoyed meeting new people and encouraging them to become a Monmouth Hawk. Not only did this job solidify my passion, but it was a pleasure working with all of my coworkers. The environment was friendly, upbeat, and encouraged me to succeed. When I was not speaking to potential students and families as a Monmouth University representative, I conducted office duties, which allowed me to become extremely proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Sign Operator, Mail Room, Inventory
Sign operator/Inventory (Former Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJFebruary 4, 2015
I would manage and create the signs that were used around campus. This included: name tags, name plates, wall signs, door plates and emergency signs. In the inventory room I would help maintain it and also organize and keep track of the amount of inventory for the University. For the mail room I would run mail around campus, and help organize it to determine what department it goes to. It is a financial aid job, so there was no room for advancement.
Pros
Made my own schedule
Cons
Mangement
Productive, friendly workplace
Student Technology Assistant Program (STAP) (Current Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJJanuary 7, 2015
A typical day at work includes monitoring the art labs to make sure that nothing goes wrong and that everyone who needs assistance is receiving the help they need. Printers are routinely checked to ensure that they are fully loaded and functioning properly. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to work on projects of my own while also assisting other students with theirs as well. I have learned leadership and communication skills.

4.3