Monmouth University

Monmouth University Employer Reviews

Director of Community and Government Relations (Current Employee), West Long Branch, NJJune 27, 2014
Enjoyed my time working for the Congresman. It was an exciting place to work that provided the opportunity to have a positive influence on the lives of people.
Beautiful Campus
Assistant Women's Softball Coach (Former Employee), West Long Branch, NJJune 23, 2014
Pros: use of the fitness center, free admission to athletic events for staff
Cons: salary
It was an enjoyable place to work. My colleagues were always friendly and it was a beautiful campus to explore. And only a mile from the beach, how can you not like that.

A typical day consisted of arriving on campus to coach student-athletes. The most enjoyable part was seeing them succeed and graduate.
Beautiful office and great location
Enrollment Process Coordinator-Phone Specialist (Current Employee), West Long Branch, NJApril 11, 2014
Pros: good healthcare, good amounts of vacation time
Cons: low pay
Monmouth University is a great place to work for many people. It has a beautiful campus and a great location. I do believe the management within particular departments could use some improvement. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing students on campus who are succeeding whom I helped with the entire admission process. The hardest part of my job – more... is the repetitiveness of it. – less
Great Private School
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Long Branch, NJFebruary 9, 2014
This school gives you all of the tools to help with being successful.
Project Manager / Business Analyst (Former Employee), Long Branch, NJJanuary 20, 2014
The position includes responsibility for product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing business and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with the General Motors research team.
Easy and laidback enviroment
Building Manager (Former Employee), West Long Branch, NJJanuary 8, 2014
A typical day consisted of counting the money in the cash drawer, checking for any building setups for the day or balloon orders to be filled, completing hourly rounds of the building, and answering any questions that people may come to me with. I had the responsibility of the building keys and making sure that no suspicious activity is occurring as – more... well as being knowledgeable on campus events. – less
Fun workplace with good atmosphere
Event Staff (Former Employee), West Long Branch, NJNovember 13, 2013
Pros: free lunches, flexible hours
Pleasant work experience with other employees, extremely flexible hours, and plenty of interaction with others
N/A
Desk Assistant Manager (Former Employee), West Long Branch, NJOctober 14, 2013
Please see Resident Assistant Review. This job ran along a similiar course with the same management. The only difference was that as desk assistant manager, I was tasked with managing the desk assistants who sat front desk in the residence halls; Desk assistants are responsible for maintaining a secure living environment by enforcing guest policy and – more... working with Resident Assistants. – less
I think the review speaks for itself I have not had a good experience after putting a good portion of my life there.
Custodian (Former Employee), West Long Branch, NJSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: the chance to get free education for my working there
Cons: management and supervision not very fair or insightful
The people I worked with were good but after almost 20 years I was treated badly and have nothing positive to say. I am just glad I went to school and attained my Master's degree to allow myself the chance to get another career which can be more rewarding.
Good co-workers and Health benefits
Custodian (Former Employee), West Long Branch, NJJuly 16, 2013
A typical day began with punching in with my co-workers and getting assignment for the day. Than assessing the area and preforming all maintenance and cleaning duties, as well as any special work requests. I took a 30 minute lunch around noon and then finished my day. The day would go quick it was very pleasant and friendly atmosphere with the management – more... and my co-workers.
The hardest part of my day was trying to determine what duties needed the most urgent attention. The most enjoyable part of my day was the completion of my assignments. – less
College
Vice President, Major Events (Former Employee), West Long Branch, New JerseyApril 21, 2013
Monmouth University is a unique, New Jersey educational insitution full of amazing opportunities and supportive faculty.
va work study
Va work study (Former Employee), West Long Branch, NJApril 2, 2013
data collection and spred sheet analysis
how to manage accounts and keep data up to date
part time while going to school at Monmouth U
Wrote for Monmouth University's newspeper, The Outlook
Writer (Former Employee), West Long Branch, New JerseyMarch 13, 2013
I contributed articles that focused on sports statistical analysis.
Experiences at different Aramark locations varies
Assistant Food Service Director (Former Employee), Long Branch, NJMarch 6, 2013
Aramark is a good job, I never had much of a complaint but to be honest, things vary greatly from account to account, I was fortunate to work for 3 good DM's and to have hardworking Directors above me. From one account to another can be a dramatic difference.
Taught Marketing Management to MBA students
Taught Marketing Management (Former Employee), West Long Branch, NYOctober 3, 2012
Pros: independence, challenging, fun, intelectual
Cons: totally on my own - no support or supervision, this worked out fine
I taught on course at night each semester. I was given total autonomy and independence. The students were interested enthusiastic and enjoyable to teach. When I had to travel for business, I could work it around exams and have a proctor handle my class for that night.
Productive environment to earn a degree
Rebecca Stafford Student Center Building Manager (Current Employee), West Long Branch, NJAugust 22, 2012
Monmouth University is definitely the premier institution that builds the future leaders of America, small classes provide for a intimate setting to learn and helps the student grow in one-on-one settings as well as collaborate creatively with peers
Excellent Family atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), West Long Branch, NJFebruary 17, 2012
Pros: easy access to administrators, family like atmosphere, great colleagues.
Cons: distance
My years at Monmouth were exciting, educational and I loved working there. The only reason I retired was the distance, 80 miles per day was putting a strain on my budget and car. I now find myself as a widow needing extra income as my finances are being drained by the ever rising costs of living.