Monmouth University Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
APN. On Call Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Monmouth County, NJAugust 27, 2017
great place to work, wonderful organization and team, my only concern if any is that the perdiem pay rate is far below the average rate for nurse practitioners in New Jersey
I love monmouth!
Graduate Assistant (GA) (Former Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJAugust 10, 2017
I love Monmouth University. I love the culture, the people, my boss, my friends-colleagues. It was a pleasure working there and presenting such an amazing program.
Fun
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJJuly 24, 2017
Working in the athletics department was always fun. It was a very relaxed environment. There was never a day that I was not having fun while I was working.
Excellent
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJJuly 19, 2017
Role as a DNP for NP students great job and well received by NP students. Pay is fair and flexability of instructor role is good. Student's are Great!
I was not tenured as I didn't finish my PhD. Great work life balance
Visiting Professor (Former Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJJuly 10, 2017
M.U. has one of the best-kept secrets as far as it's business school goes in N.J. It was a privy to work there. My favorite part of working at M.U. was the learning process. WE always reviewed new materials before choosing topics outside of core curriculum.
Pros
Great Direction from Dean and Department Chairs
Cons
Couldn't stay on...due to lack of PhD
Higher education at it's finest
Office Coordinator, School of Business (Former Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJJune 10, 2017
Excellent place to work, great people, excellent school. I highly recommend it both as a place to work, and as a school to advance your career. Wonderful opportunities for education and growth.
Very nice work environment
Spanish Instructor (Former Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJJune 8, 2017
Promote students learning and engage them in constantly research. Great faculty ,they are very supportive ,nice work environment,promotes cooperation .
Great
Usher/Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJJune 1, 2017
Greet guests and guide them to their proper seats
Provide flyers, playbills, and booklets to people
Set-up and remove important props from the stage
Pros
Everyone was treated fairly
Cons
N/a
Academic research institution
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Physics I and II) (Former Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJMay 31, 2017
Monmouth University is an academic research institution. Very accommodating with allowing a balance between work and class schedules. Excellent professors and students.
Only a Student Here
Circle K (Current Employee) –  Long Branch, NJMay 22, 2017
Have only being here a year for their volunteer organization but it is a great avenue when trying to form connections with different organizations and people.
Workplace productivity was slow and uninspiring
Phonathon Student Caller (Former Employee) –  Long Branch, NJMay 18, 2017
The work pace was very slow and although the environment was welcoming it very dull. The only tasks was to make phone calls and when no one would answer there wouldn't be anything else to do. This made work days really drag out. Besides the pace of work the management was very professional and there were never any issues. The hardest part of the job besides persuading people to give donations over the phone was to find ways to stay motivated. The best part of the job was when I would get someone to donate over the phone as that made me feel significant and gave me more motivation to do everything I could to persuade the next person to do the same.
Great place to work.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJMay 16, 2017
From the various jobs I have had on campus at Monmouth University they have all shown great respect for their employees and want to watch them grow. They have taught me how to take initiative in the workplace and be able to handle difficult situations in a calm manner. A few of the jobs that I have held were very competitive jobs that only a select few individuals get. There was two interviews, group and personal, as well as a resume that needed to be submitted for them. They taught me how to go after the jobs I want by working hard and putting myself out there.
Packing
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJApril 23, 2017
ยท I built boxes and stocked chemicals. The chemicals would then be moved to another building. The boxes would of course be labeled correctly. I learned how to handle specific chemicals. The management was horrible. There was nothing hard about this job. Most enjoyable part was how easy and independent the job was.
Pros
Independent, Easy, Free Lunch
Cons
Bad Management
Intellectual Growth
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Long Branch, NJApril 17, 2017
Monmouth encourages intellectual and creative growth in the young student, pushes those who want to be pushed, and supports those that don't know what they want. This is the universal university for the every student.
Monmouth University
German Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJApril 5, 2017
Great place with a great many foreign language professors. The staff is friendly. The hardest part of the job is getting approval for a minor in German. The most enjoyable part of the job is teaching the German language and speaking with other foreign language professors about new or old teaching methods.
Pros
little supervision
Cons
no free lunch
good
Java/Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  400 cedar aveMarch 27, 2017
On campus experience.

It provides me opportunity to deal with other people.

I learnt multi culture, and practice my oral English a lot during teaching them Math and Java.
Good environment to start career
Hadoop developer (Former Employee) –  Long Branch, NJNovember 28, 2016
I have started my career under one of professor.I learned here many business technologies.helped me for my career growth. I enjoyed every movement here.
good place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJNovember 14, 2016
I loved working for this company . Good people to work with happ fun and fast paced . Only thing is the hours are not always there for you .
Pros
free food and drinks
Cons
always busy no down time to clean up and get situated
Perfect for students
Library Assistant/Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJSeptember 15, 2016
As a student at Monmouth, I was lucky enough to get employed in a teaching-like position. As a PLA (Peer Learning Assistant) I helped freshman adjust to college life as well as the professor teaching.
Pros
Work on campus then go to class
Cons
little hours, low pay
Tough Job, but Rewarding in the End
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJAugust 23, 2016
Working the front desk at a gym might seem easy, but it is a tough task. The people there can be very nice on a good day, and the environment is nice!