Monongalia General Hospital Employee Reviews

Good place to work for people over 50.
Console Attendant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 15, 2016
It was a pleasure to work for this organization. Breaks and lunches are given. The rate of pay is good. You will receive raises in pay with the evaluation for the position you are in. If you need help, co-workers are willing to help. Also supervisors are available to pitch in and help when needed. I worked nights and I enjoyed that shift. Hardest part of the job was needing relief for breaks came from IT which was not always reliable. Most enjoyable part of the job was working on your own and being responsible for your work and yourself.
Pros
Helpful supervisors, excellent healthcare insurance and pension plan.
Cons
Relief for lunch and breaks was unreliable.
Not the best place to work
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 2, 2016
I was employed here for over 4 years. Things started off well and eventually I chose to leave because I was unable to advance in my department due to management holding me back.

I am not sure why I was not able to advance in my field. I received praises from management, staff, and patients on my skill numerous times. When it came time for evaluations I was never able to reach marks to receive to promotions/raises. I felt that management held me back. They trusted me to train all new employees during their probation periods and I was always teaching my fellow co-workers on updated skills.

I felt that if I was trusted to do these things for them then I should be able to have promotions & raises.
Pros
I was able to always have overtime
Cons
no support from management
Decent entry point
Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 29, 2016
Food sucks, management promotes in-fighting among employees, management will turn around on their word and call you a liar for telling them otherwise. Job culture is fine if you like polo shirts and talking about golf all day.
Pros
Job experience
Cons
Poor management, poor job advancement, poor job culture.
Productive and fun workplace
Trauma Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 10, 2016
The days are busy and productive. I learned a lot about patient satisfaction and caring about fellow employees, working together or autonomously. Management is usually very willing to listen and help. The hardest part of the job is working on several deadlines at once. The most enjoyable part is getting them accomplished.
Pros
Discounted lunches, payroll deduction
Cons
distance traveled
ok
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 10, 2016
great benefits make up for lower wages. did not feel there was much of a chance for advancement. enjoyed co workers.the hardest part was wear n tear on legs
Very under staffed
Housekeeping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 15, 2016
The absolute worst job i have ever had. The worst management team and a director who is just an empty suit. I really think if you got rid of a couple people and hired some new employees it could maybe be a decsent dept.
Cons
Great work enviroment with even better employees.
Patient Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 5, 2016
A typical day at work can either be really slow or extremely busy working in a hospital. Working with fun and motivated people really helped me get through my days at Mon Gen. The management is organized and understanding, which made things run smoothly.
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVSeptember 18, 2016
It is a pretty good place to work, you get great experience and the emplyees are very friendly. I would recommend this job to anyone.
Cons
Call
Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 11, 2016
My office is laid back. Pretty drama free environment. We take care of the patients and make sure all the work for the day is done and there is no problems in are office.
Pros
Great place to work very friendly environment
Cons
insurance cost
nice place to work
Full-Time Facilities Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  morgantown, wvAugust 12, 2015
Mon general is a great place to work. the staff is very friendly and passionate about what they do. They also have an awesome PDO system.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not a great pay raise system
great learning experience with critical care
Clinical Manager/Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMarch 3, 2016
exciting opportunities to learn; great team work; excellent doctors and nurses; rewarding experiences with patients
Great Patient care
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 6, 2016
Everyone did a great job at working together.
Patient care was the center of everything.
It was hard to balance home life flexing days and nights. It was very hard on my body.
Cons
Flex scheduling
management not great
lab assistant/ phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  labJuly 11, 2014
You have to learn everything by yourself because people arent willing to show you. It takes 4-5 times of asking before they do. Pay needs to be more for amount of work done. Especially when you are the only phlebotomist in the whole hospital because someone called off and no one was called to come in and help.
Pros
Benefits!
Cons
management, communication, training period useless, not enough pay for amount of work
Awesome employee family feel !
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 28, 2014
Latest in technology and modern decor, awesome doctor attitudes and care for health concerns, but not the family atmosphere that it once was. It doesn't like to "rock the boat" by following through with rules and procedures and if employees do, it is like 'do this but don't do this' causing write ups to good workers.
Pros
Trust them with my health concerns, great benefits, employee recognition, wellness program.
Cons
Chain of command for minor things that have nothing to do with personal depart problems, employees work shorthanded at times.
Great place to work.
Physician Practice Development Specialists (Current Employee) –  Morgantown WVJune 7, 2014
One of the best groups of talented people I have ever seen. They have very good benefits, good management support and are willing to listen to their staff.
Learn Alot and People Are Very Nice To Work With/ Fun
O.R. Secretary (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVApril 29, 2013
I like learning new skills and I like the nures and techs that I work with they are fun and knowledgeable and help me when needed.

Can be very busy, but I am use to multi-tasking from my past work experience.

Management could be a little more fair with certain things regarding their employees.

No hard part to my job.

Some people really make it an enjoyable place to work by joking around, but they also do their job.
Pros
Multi-Phasic Blood Testing
Cons
They did let me visit with my relative quite frequently when he was their having surgery
Very bad place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 21, 2015
I wish I could give management negative stars, they don't care about their employees at all, Insurance id the worst I have ever had, the managers don't try to support the employees or do any investigations if there are complaints. The atmosphere at work is like being back in kindergarten. There is a lot of backstabbing that goes on at work, Although I made some good friends at work, I would not recommend this hospital to my worst enemy.
my first nursing roll
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVApril 13, 2015
I floated between 3 floors which was rather difficult in the beginning. Teamwork was a must in this type of pt care and everyone worked very hard ensuring every pt had great care. Management was very helpful and truely cared about not only the pts but the staff as well.
Pros
helpful staff
Cons
low pay
productive, hard worker team player
Clinical Associate (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 27, 2015
having anywhere up to twelve or more patients to take care of.
Get along with the co-workers
cooperate with management and follow guidelines, policies.
getting along with co-workers- Team work
having no team players
When I can give quality care to patients
Pros
not enough staff
Cons
not enough staff
Plenty of work, not worried about being laid off ever
Phlebotomists (Current Employee) –  LabJune 19, 2014
Good place to work, lots of friendly people in every dept. Pay should be more for the amount of work done, and the managment needs to be more in tune with the employees. First place that I worked in my field and have learned a lot, no place like a fast paced hospital to hone your medical skills.
Pros
Plenty of work, job security
Cons
Managment out of touch, low pay for the amount of work

Monongalia General Hospital Reviews by Location