Monongalia General Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Very under staffed
Housekeeping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 15, 2016
The absolute worst job i have ever had. The worst management team and a director who is just an empty suit. I really think if you got rid of a couple people and hired some new employees it could maybe be a decsent dept.
ok
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 10, 2016
great benefits make up for lower wages. did not feel there was much of a chance for advancement. enjoyed co workers.the hardest part was wear n tear on legs
Great work enviroment with even better employees.
Patient Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 5, 2016
A typical day at work can either be really slow or extremely busy working in a hospital. Working with fun and motivated people really helped me get through my days at Mon Gen. The management is organized and understanding, which made things run smoothly.
Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 11, 2016
My office is laid back. Pretty drama free environment. We take care of the patients and make sure all the work for the day is done and there is no problems in are office.
Pros
Great place to work very friendly environment
Cons
insurance cost
Not the best place to work
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 2, 2016
I was employed here for over 4 years. Things started off well and eventually I chose to leave because I was unable to advance in my department due to management holding me back.

I am not sure why I was not able to advance in my field. I received praises from management, staff, and patients on my skill numerous times. When it came time for evaluations I was never able to reach marks to receive to promotions/raises. I felt that management held me back. They trusted me to train all new employees during their probation periods and I was always teaching my fellow co-workers on updated skills.

I felt that if I was trusted to do these things for them then I should be able to have promotions & raises.
Pros
I was able to always have overtime
Cons
no support from management
great learning experience with critical care
Clinical Manager/Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMarch 3, 2016
exciting opportunities to learn; great team work; excellent doctors and nurses; rewarding experiences with patients
Great Patient care
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 6, 2016
Everyone did a great job at working together.
Patient care was the center of everything.
It was hard to balance home life flexing days and nights. It was very hard on my body.
Cons
Flex scheduling
nice place to work
Full-Time Facilities Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  morgantown, wvAugust 12, 2015
Mon general is a great place to work. the staff is very friendly and passionate about what they do. They also have an awesome PDO system.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not a great pay raise system
My co-workers were very fun to work with.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 5, 2015
My co-workers were a joy to work with. It was a very busy and fast pace job to do. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the clinic things to do and doing surgery scheduling for 2 doctors.
Pros
Having weekends off
Cons
Sometimes not having a lunch on Thursdays because of being so busy.
my first nursing roll
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVApril 13, 2015
I floated between 3 floors which was rather difficult in the beginning. Teamwork was a must in this type of pt care and everyone worked very hard ensuring every pt had great care. Management was very helpful and truely cared about not only the pts but the staff as well.
Pros
helpful staff
Cons
low pay
productive, hard worker team player
Clinical Associate (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 27, 2015
having anywhere up to twelve or more patients to take care of.
Get along with the co-workers
cooperate with management and follow guidelines, policies.
getting along with co-workers- Team work
having no team players
When I can give quality care to patients
Pros
not enough staff
Cons
not enough staff
Very bad place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 21, 2015
I wish I could give management negative stars, they don't care about their employees at all, Insurance id the worst I have ever had, the managers don't try to support the employees or do any investigations if there are complaints. The atmosphere at work is like being back in kindergarten. There is a lot of backstabbing that goes on at work, Although I made some good friends at work, I would not recommend this hospital to my worst enemy.
Not a good place to work
Customer Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 9, 2014
Benefits are good but how you have to use your time you earn is bad.
If you are sick you have to come in sick and schedule the next day off. if you call in you will get wrote up. The policy should be equal to all departments. It should not be left up to the manager's. Some take their authority to extremes and is not fare to others.
Cons
a lot
Awesome employee family feel !
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 28, 2014
Latest in technology and modern decor, awesome doctor attitudes and care for health concerns, but not the family atmosphere that it once was. It doesn't like to "rock the boat" by following through with rules and procedures and if employees do, it is like 'do this but don't do this' causing write ups to good workers.
Pros
trust them with my health concerns, great benefits, employee recognition, wellness program.
Cons
chain of command for minor things that have nothing to do with personal depart problems, employees work shorthanded at times.
Overall it was a great experience.
Nutrition Service Aid (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 25, 2014
A typical day was full of hard work, the second I clocked in I had to empty all the trash, take it to the compactor and dump it. Then I had to clean up the small pile of pots, after I scrubbed the pots I swept the floors, in the kitchen and dining area, making sure to get under everything. After that I'd sweep and mop all the coolers, and go back to my sink to wash more pots and pans. After I was done I took two carts full of trays of patients food up to their floors and went on my lunch break. After lunch I had to quickly clean the pots and pans from tray line, then go to help clear the patient carts and clean the dishes, after I was done I would go sweep the floors again, took the trash out, do a rather large pile of pots and pans, putting away what I could through out the day, and mop/scrub the floors of the kitchen, break room, and food service area. After I was done I took a fifteen minute break and checked to make sure everything was locked up, put away, and cleaned. After that I'd take the trash to the compactor, take the boxes out, lock up, clock out, and leave.
Pros
five free drinks a day, discounted food, thirty minute lunch break, great healthcare
Cons
if morning shift called off you were stuck with two shifts worth of work, the hours of the shift, certain supervisors would not help you no matter how far behind you were.
Productive and fun
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Morgantown,WVAugust 19, 2014
Very busy days, I have learned to use a register and do bank deposits. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with volunteers.
great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 12, 2014
great place to work, clean environment, great doctors and staff.
management not great
lab assistant/ phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  labJuly 11, 2014
You have to learn everything by yourself because people arent willing to show you. It takes 4-5 times of asking before they do. Pay needs to be more for amount of work done. Especially when you are the only phlebotomist in the whole hospital because someone called off and no one was called to come in and help.
Pros
benefits!
Cons
management, communication, training period useless, not enough pay for amount of work
Nice place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 9, 2014
Overall, my experience with Mon General Hospital has been a great one so far. Good benefits, and from my personal experience, supervisors are willing to work around your personal schedule as long as it's within reason.
benefits
Plenty of work, not worried about being laid off ever
Phlebotomists (Current Employee) –  LabJune 19, 2014
Good place to work, lots of friendly people in every dept. Pay should be more for the amount of work done, and the managment needs to be more in tune with the employees. First place that I worked in my field and have learned a lot, no place like a fast paced hospital to hone your medical skills.
Pros
plenty of work, job security
Cons
managment out of touch, low pay for the amount of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monongalia General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Monongalia General Hospital Reviews by Location