Monongalia General Hospital

Monongalia General Hospital Employer Reviews

Productive and fun
Sales Clerk (Current Employee), Morgantown,WVAugust 19, 2014
Very busy days, I have learned to use a register and do bank deposits. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with volunteers.
management not great
lab assistant/ phlebotomist (Former Employee), labJuly 11, 2014
Pros: benefits!
Cons: management, communication, training period useless, not enough pay for amount of work
You have to learn everything by yourself because people arent willing to show you. It takes 4-5 times of asking before they do. Pay needs to be more for amount of work done. Especially when you are the only phlebotomist in the whole hospital because someone called off and no one was called to come in and help.
Nice place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee), Morgantown, WVJuly 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Overall, my experience with Mon General Hospital has been a great one so far. Good benefits, and from my personal experience, supervisors are willing to work around your personal schedule as long as it's within reason.
Plenty of work, not worried about being laid off ever
Phlebotomists (Current Employee), LabJune 19, 2014
Pros: plenty of work, job security
Cons: managment out of touch, low pay for the amount of work
Good place to work, lots of friendly people in every dept. Pay should be more for the amount of work done, and the managment needs to be more in tune with the employees. First place that I worked in my field and have learned a lot, no place like a fast paced hospital to hone your medical skills.
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Morgantown, WVMarch 21, 2014
Pros: medical benefits
Cons: limited help and no coverage
Perform clinical duties in a fast paced environment of the cancer center. There is minimal coverage if time off is needed. There are 6 providers in this facility
Mon General
Quality Control Intern (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVFebruary 25, 2014
Worked very well whenever I was going to school for Industrial Engineering. Helped with my learning and understanding of the topics that I was going over in school
First Respiratory Therapy Job
Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVAugust 28, 2013
As a new graduate I was learning a lot about the field of Respiratory Therapy at Mon General. Everyone I worked with was so nice and were eager to help you learn. I lived far away, so the 12 hour shifts were great. I felt like I was making a difference in patient care.
Very progressive worl environment, andvery personable
Staff RN (Former Employee), Step Down Unit, ICU, and Case ManagementJune 20, 2013
Technology is always changing, and MGH is on the keeping up with the times; in regards to electronic charting, and barcoding. To ensure safe patient care, and ongoing care in general. Great team work with the various specialties involved with taking care of the patients, and educating the family members, in disease process, and preventing frequent admissions. – more... Very friendly staff, always accommodating. There is always resources for information, if one is unsure of policies and procedures. A manual is always available, electronic or finding a staff to provide needed information. – less
Great Family BirthCenter
Graduate Nurse in L&D (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVApril 16, 2013
Pros: crabby doctors
Cons: patient midwives
Many great delivery experiences. Beautiful LDRP suites with stained glass windows. Friendly staff.
Great to be a part of a Morgantown Landmark
Telecommunications Support Specialist (Current Employee), Morgantown, WVFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: great medical facility
Cons: loosing the family feel throuout the work environment
I have the opportunity to interact with all departments throughout the facility. I feel like I am helping people solve their telecommunication problems.
Great place to to work, in the heart of mountaineer country!
Cytotechnologist (Current Employee), Morgantown, WVDecember 26, 2012
Pros: good parking, good job security
Cons: far from home
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to have patient contact and being able to help Physicians with procedures.
Co-workers are great as well!
Bad Management
Rad Tech (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVDecember 5, 2012
Pros: nice hospital
Cons: company out for themselves
Management had tried to train for a position that they had never had to train for before. They tell you one thing and then change what they expect of you. They take he said/she said against you without any proof. Not proper training, department unsure of what they want or need.
Not a team co, but out for themselve.
Clinical Assistant (Float) (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: only work 3 days
Cons: not enough breaks for a 12 hr. shift.
Don't get to much help and have to work with 2 CA's on one floor and the RN's don't want to help out, their was a few that would help but not to many that would.
Great Place to Work
DMS Student/Externship (Current Employee), Morgantown, WVMarch 13, 2012
Mon. General is a great place to work. Everyone is really friendly and easy to get along with. Being a student there is a great experience for me, and I have learned so much.