Monro Muffler Brake Employee Reviews

auto technation
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), New Britain, CTJuly 21, 2015
Pros: enjoy customer relations
Cons: minimum pay
A day at work was to bring vehicle in first perform an outside inspection check work order for customer complain test drive vehicle if needed bring vehicle set up on lift support safety first. perform safety inspection then check for customer complain diagnose and write what is needed for repair and give to service writer to present to customer what is needed for repair , keep area clean and safe and also customer relations ,
Life and balance
Floating Manager (Current Employee), Solon, OHJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Higher ups nice and very willing to communicate.
Cons: If to busy no lunch, no breaks, no help, short staffed
This job does not let you have a life. Working 12 to 14 hour days average seven days a week is having no life. I did like the higher ups they were nice. always willing to communicate if you had any problem. Sometimes problem is call get voicemail and call back three days later. Overall I don't enjoy working here because I have no time with my family. No family events, No birthdays, they almost did not let me have off for my daughters birthday. The downfall is hours, Scheduling, Everyday working sometimes 14+ days with out a day off.
no employeee relationship
transportation/warehouse (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJune 22, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: to many to list
Monro Muffler has no respect for it's employee's. Has bragged about how they have taken away from it's employee's. Has no concerns for it's employee's.
kwwpa you buay
Supervisor Justin (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 31, 2015
good environment for working conditions. Good team work. Must provide your own tools. Sometimes long hours. Steady pace. Opportunity to change locations if position is available.
Great place to work and build community.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Tiffin, Ohio 44883February 18, 2015
Pros: amazing support system, working with a great team and manager.
Cons: none so far
A typical work day is providing customers with automotive service and solutions for their cars. Delivering smile and friendly atmosphere to your local community, while building trust in the automotive industry. My team and I work fast every day to do what is right for every customer's car. The hardest part is being rushed and wanting to help everyone right now when there may be a wait to get to their car.
NA
planning, assisting and directing work (Former Employee), NJFebruary 16, 2015
It was a good company to work for But it was not for me at this present time. If you have the ability to stay with it and work hard you will make really good money.
If you do not have a life, this is the place for you.
Store manager (Former Employee), Old Saybrook,CtAugust 27, 2014
Pros: working w/good employees and customers
Cons: uncaring, self centered market manager
The only important part was sales dollars and listening to how much you have failed. Its never good enough. Job loss threats were ongoing from market manager. Very long hours, no time for family. There is no respect for employees. I have worked for this company for 7 years. Things have only got worse.
Joke
Employee (Former Employee), pittsburghJuly 5, 2014
Pros: a job
Cons: where to start
Monro is a terrible company. They only pay their techs $9 an hour or 12%. The company is a glorified Jiffy Lube. Most of the people they hire are just walk ins off the street with little to no auto repair experience. I wouldn't trust them to work on my bicycle let alone a thirty thousand dollar automobile. Stay away and find a reputable repair facility. By the way, they use the 19.99 oil change to bait you in trying to sell overpriced services. They actually lose money considering 5 quarts of oil and a filter is $20 athe parts store.
Long Hours
Store Manager (Former Employee), Erie, PAApril 19, 2014
Good co-workers, Upper management is unorganized, I learned how to deal with unsatisfied customers.
PRODUCTIVE PLACE
Accounting (Former Employee), Rochester, NY 14616November 24, 2013
Process payments, reliable co-workers and the hard part was training and the most enjoyable was the co-workers
This company only cares about them selves not one employee !!
Tech (Current Employee), Charleston WVFebruary 3, 2013
Cons: always on you for more never happy
They promise and never come thru, they fertilize the grass on the other side of the fence with a lot of bs! Not joking you have been told point blank !! Spade is a spade it is what it is !!!!! Good luck to you
This company will lie to your face and then spit in it when you turn around !!! Always stressful they replace store manager every 6 months and they don't care in the last year have had 3 managers and not one can do the job this company wants! There, wants are too high this store is in the west side of Charleston so we don't have a lot of big jobs coming in just 21.99 oil changes that they fill the lot with and turn away real work !!! Any other ? Stop by and ask
Normal work conditions for a repair shop chain.
technician (Current Employee), Lancaster, OHDecember 26, 2012
AS service job based on job sales dollars where the store emplouees carry a small shop respect for each other.
Very Bad Company to work for. All politics!
Store Manager (Former Employee), Hornell NYDecember 7, 2012
Pros: access to a shop
Cons: everything, upper management, doesnt care about employees
I started as an assistant manager. I left after 2 years and received a call and asked if I would come back to manage a store. I did come back and ended up being there most of the time 72 hours a week. I turned the store around and made them a ton of money. Never received a raise however I was the top store in my market after turning my store around.

They fired me for discounting when its company policy to price match competitors. They only care about their bank account and couldn't care less about the employees. I was doing so well I was a few weeks away from winning a trip. This place is a joke. They screw technicians pay all the time and don't pay the bonus like they are supposed to.
Overall poorly managed company
Manager (Former Employee), MarylandNovember 30, 2012
This company does not care about its employees, hardly maintains their stores, and has barely any communication through the chain of command. They will expect you to relocate LITERALLY overnight. They are constantly changing out management and cannot retain technicians. If you are thinking about working for them make sure you understand their fluctuating pay scales and I would suggest getting it in writing... They will change it and not tell you.
We are in the business of acquisitions.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, N.Y.November 6, 2012
Pros: stable company
Cons: make the company your life.
Just spent 3 weeks with Mr. Tire, a division of Monro Muffler. The business I worked at for almost 12 years was bought out by them. In the purchase contract, all of the employees were guaranteed their pay and benefits. Well, the closest I could come up with was about a 10-15 hour longer work week, $18,000 less per year. Working every holiday known to man and soon to be open 7 days a week. They say it's for their customer's but it's for the shareholders. Their philosophy is to try to hit a home run on every customer and eventually someone will say yes. Not family oriented, long hours, no trust of their employees, no communication from upper management. They are not in the business of repairing customers cars or customer service, they are in the business of acquisitions. THAT is what is driving their stock price. Upper management are all payed in stock. Grind the lower and middle management to death so they have their golden parachute.

May 13, 2013

I had work done on me car and I can,t get the Better Business bureau to even look at monro I live in ma and bbb said I had to get it to N.Y.try to no one cares

company went down hill in the personal department
Store Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYOctober 2, 2012
Pros: non
Cons: listed in review
very poor working environment no stability in the work force excessive verbal abuse
Very Stressful complicated place of employment NEED TO FIND NEW EMPLOYMENT!!!!!
Mechanic (Current Employee), Carlisle, PASeptember 19, 2012
Pros: going home after my shift is over.
Cons: working there
I am only still with this company due to the fact that I have not yet found another company to work for. The manager there is very hard to work for.
Ok Job
Help Desk Agent Level 1 (Current Employee), 200 Holleder Pkwy Rochester, NY 14615July 23, 2012
This company needs a lot more improvement towards management it’s a ok job to help build your skills on certain things I Feel iam not really trained on anything it’s more like you jump in the field and you learn things yourself kind of job which makes it harder to want to stay working here to even want to grow in this company at I Don’t have a life really much anymore iam working just about every day including weekends and I think the pay is very much horrible and unfair I think The labor board should look into this. They have on-call and it’s based on half your pay rate even thou you take more call on-call or just about same amount of calls as if you are in your office. If anything I think It should be double pay for on-call if your take people's lives away from them and having them not be able to even go for a walk or enjoy there family or be able to go to Church or do anything religious outside of work.
Corporate operated auto repair facility
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJune 29, 2012
Pros: vendor incentives, commission, employee benefits, mechanics
Cons: support, training
The hours are long. However, depending on your ability and performance, it can be rewarding or tense. Management compensation is very good. Manager benefits include salary + commission. Additionally all employees are offered reasonably priced health insurance, long term disability and incentive awards. Depending on your district manager, support can range from very good to non existing.

Company supplies current and updated diagnostic tools, though during my employment, I found that trouble shooting support seriously lacking and that I had to take out my own subscription to Alldata to get up-to-date – more... trouble shooting advice. This may have improved since leaving the company 3 yrs ago.

Additionally, continual and on going training was seriously lacking. Again, this may have improved. Also, one other point about training,
new manager training should be conducted at time of hire followed by
mentor training, and then shop management. At the time of my hiring and to my termination, I found the reverse to be true ( as far as my district was concerned,) Again this may have been because of the fault at the regional and/or district level(s) or at corporate.

Monro has tie ins with vendor incentive and promotion programs that can be rewarding to both the manager and mechanics.

For the most part, I enjoyed my time with Monro. I, however, encourage Monro to test suggestions from its managers and/or mechanics. Suggestions and ideas that I implemented in my shop were shot down or told to remove only to be adopted by corporate a few months later. I am not sure that they were nixed by the district manager or from corporate. – less
Extremely demanding work place
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 1, 2012
The company is successful because it is profiting off of the bad economy. People are not buying new cars and keeping their cars longer so Monro profits from their business. With unemployment high, the company can treat the workers poorly and don't care if they leave because they are easily replaced. This company has high turnover. I would not consider this a "family friendly" workplace. Salaried workers are required to work a minimum 45 hours per week, but they pay the same as companies working 40 hour weeks.