Monro Muffler Brake Employee Reviews

store manager
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 11, 2017
Not a bad place to work. Pay is competitive but benefits are pricey. Just like other companies in this field, work/life balance is an issue but that is retail
Pros
money, good regional management
Cons
long hours, work life balance
Great place to build your career
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Conover jcDecember 10, 2016
Monro is filled with a lot of great people that are family oriented with family values. Direct leadership is always critical to ones overall perspective. I have dealt with many folks at Monro at their executive level and these people CARE! It's a big company that has grown very quickly which is bittersweet in that there's plenty of opportunity for anyone that has ambition but you have to have the perspective that you are part of the solutions. This company will continue to be in top of its peers due to its overall character. I am proud to be part of this organization.
Pros
Plenty of opportunity if you have ambition
Cons
Very big very fast and work to be done
Quick advancement within the company
Store manager (Current Employee) –  Reading, PADecember 9, 2016
I learned everything I know from this company. Working and growing with my team everyday. Training has become my passion.
Terrible
Technician (Former Employee) –  Wysox, PAAugust 13, 2016
Monro muffler is a terrible place to work. Almost 500 dollars every 2 weeks for insurance when only making 9 dollars and hour is ridiculous. Equipment is outdated and no chance of updating. District managers only care about making there bonuses therefore going beyond customer requests for service to find work that needs to be done whether they want it checked or not. This company does not care at all about their employees or their customers for that matter all that matters is turning a profit. With the 5.6% mark up on parts and over 100 dollars and hour on labor it's not hard to see why this company is one of the most complained about around my area atleast. Not to mention this company in no way complies with OSHA work place standards. And even though you are entitled to a half hour unpaid uninterrupted lunch break, you rarely ever get them, but you still won't get paid for that half hour whether you get a break or not
Pros
Cash jobs
Cons
To many to list
Excellent company to work with/for
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 20, 2016
This a great company to work for. Great pay with lots of bonus opportunities just for doing your regular job! Additional bonuses available if your willing to work for them. Excellent management structure all the way to the top. Nothing feels better than getting the job well done phone calls from the President and CEO of the company! Down the line the zone and market managers for zone 6 and market 85 respectively are amazing. Highly caring, Family oriented men who worked to get where they are from the technician level so they understand potential frustrations and help you work through it. Extremely supportive at all times.
Customer service is easy to handle when you are selling a great product with great warranties and the company to back it all up. My main goal is people safe secure and happy in their vehicles on the road and Monro helps me accomplish that goal daily.
Pros
Pay, bonuses, management structure, environment, employee relations
Work
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDSeptember 8, 2015
it was several years ago, but the work itself was fine. it helped to pay the bills. disliked the exposure to the weather though.
Decent place to work.
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  MassAugust 31, 2015
The typical day wasnt bad at all. Helped customers and had decent employees to work with. Some of the daily routines could use a revamp. Also the computer system needs a overhaul. Stuck in the 90's it seemed with dial up systems.
Pros
working with cars
Cons
The overall managing of inventory and employees
auto technation
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJuly 21, 2015
A day at work was to bring vehicle in first perform an outside inspection check work order for customer complain test drive vehicle if needed bring vehicle set up on lift support safety first. perform safety inspection then check for customer complain diagnose and write what is needed for repair and give to service writer to present to customer what is needed for repair , keep area clean and safe and also customer relations ,
Pros
enjoy customer relations
Cons
minimum pay
Life and balance
Floating Manager (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHJuly 15, 2015
This job does not let you have a life. Working 12 to 14 hour days average seven days a week is having no life. I did like the higher ups they were nice. always willing to communicate if you had any problem. Sometimes problem is call get voicemail and call back three days later. Overall I don't enjoy working here because I have no time with my family. No family events, No birthdays, they almost did not let me have off for my daughters birthday. The downfall is hours, Scheduling, Everyday working sometimes 14+ days with out a day off.
Pros
Higher ups nice and very willing to communicate.
Cons
If to busy no lunch, no breaks, no help, short staffed
no employeee relationship
transportation/warehouse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 22, 2015
Monro Muffler has no respect for it's employee's. Has bragged about how they have taken away from it's employee's. Has no concerns for it's employee's.
Pros
Cons
to many to list
kwwpa you buay
Supervisor Justin (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 31, 2015
good environment for working conditions. Good team work. Must provide your own tools. Sometimes long hours. Steady pace. Opportunity to change locations if position is available.
Great place to work and build community.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, Ohio 44883February 18, 2015
A typical work day is providing customers with automotive service and solutions for their cars. Delivering smile and friendly atmosphere to your local community, while building trust in the automotive industry. My team and I work fast every day to do what is right for every customer's car. The hardest part is being rushed and wanting to help everyone right now when there may be a wait to get to their car.
Pros
Amazing support system, working with a great team and manager.
Cons
None So far
Na
planning, assisting and directing work (Former Employee) –  NJFebruary 16, 2015
It was a good company to work for But it was not for me at this present time. If you have the ability to stay with it and work hard you will make really good money.
If you do not have a life, this is the place for you.
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Old Saybrook,CtAugust 27, 2014
The only important part was sales dollars and listening to how much you have failed. Its never good enough. Job loss threats were ongoing from market manager. Very long hours, no time for family. There is no respect for employees. I have worked for this company for 7 years. Things have only got worse.
Pros
Working w/good employees and customers
Cons
Uncaring, self centered market manager
Joke
Employee (Former Employee) –  pittsburghJuly 5, 2014
Monro is a terrible company. They only pay their techs $9 an hour or 12%. The company is a glorified Jiffy Lube. Most of the people they hire are just walk ins off the street with little to no auto repair experience. I wouldn't trust them to work on my bicycle let alone a thirty thousand dollar automobile. Stay away and find a reputable repair facility. By the way, they use the 19.99 oil change to bait you in trying to sell overpriced services. They actually lose money considering 5 quarts of oil and a filter is $20 athe parts store.
Pros
A job
Cons
where to start
Long Hours
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 19, 2014
Good co-workers, Upper management is unorganized, I learned how to deal with unsatisfied customers.
Productive place
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14616November 24, 2013
Process payments, reliable co-workers and the hard part was training and the most enjoyable was the co-workers
This company only cares about them selves not one employee !!
Tech (Current Employee) –  Charleston WVFebruary 3, 2013
They promise and never come thru, they fertilize the grass on the other side of the fence with a lot of bs! Not joking you have been told point blank !! Spade is a spade it is what it is !!!!! Good luck to you
This company will lie to your face and then spit in it when you turn around !!! Always stressful they replace store manager every 6 months and they don't care in the last year have had 3 managers and not one can do the job this company wants! There, wants are too high this store is in the west side of Charleston so we don't have a lot of big jobs coming in just 21.99 oil changes that they fill the lot with and turn away real work !!! Any other ? Stop by and ask
Cons
always on you for more never happy
Normal work conditions for a repair shop chain.
technician (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHDecember 26, 2012
AS service job based on job sales dollars where the store emplouees carry a small shop respect for each other.
Very Bad Company to work for. All politics!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hornell NYDecember 7, 2012
I started as an assistant manager. I left after 2 years and received a call and asked if I would come back to manage a store. I did come back and ended up being there most of the time 72 hours a week. I turned the store around and made them a ton of money. Never received a raise however I was the top store in my market after turning my store around.

They fired me for discounting when its company policy to price match competitors. They only care about their bank account and couldn't care less about the employees. I was doing so well I was a few weeks away from winning a trip. This place is a joke. They screw technicians pay all the time and don't pay the bonus like they are supposed to.
Pros
access to a shop
Cons
everything, upper management, doesnt care about employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monro Muffler Brake. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6