Monro Muffler Brake Employee Reviews in United States

Very overwhelming, surrounded by immature workers type of work place
Stamper (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 16, 2016
I had to leave twice for my daughters doctors appointments, after she broke her arm. Without any warnings, they fired me due to too many "schedule adjustments". You don't tell your employees your accommodating, when clearly your not. The employees also are very immature and all they do is talk negatively about each other. Last time I checked were not in high school anymore. The work load they gave me, for what they were paying me, was completely outrageous and anyone who stays in that position is out of there mind. Only reason I was there for two months was because it was paying my bills for the time being as I was looking for other employment opportunities.
Cons
Short breaks, said there not "mandatory", the work load they give you doesnt even allow you to have one
Excellent company to work with/for
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 20, 2016
This a great company to work for. Great pay with lots of bonus opportunities just for doing your regular job! Additional bonuses available if your willing to work for them. Excellent management structure all the way to the top. Nothing feels better than getting the job well done phone calls from the President and CEO of the company! Down the line the zone and market managers for zone 6 and market 85 respectively are amazing. Highly caring, Family oriented men who worked to get where they are from the technician level so they understand potential frustrations and help you work through it. Extremely supportive at all times.
Customer service is easy to handle when you are selling a great product with great warranties and the company to back it all up. My main goal is people safe secure and happy in their vehicles on the road and Monro helps me accomplish that goal daily.
Pros
Pay, bonuses, management structure, environment, employee relations
Work
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDSeptember 8, 2015
it was several years ago, but the work itself was fine. it helped to pay the bills. disliked the exposure to the weather though.
Decent place to work.
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  MassAugust 31, 2015
The typical day wasnt bad at all. Helped customers and had decent employees to work with. Some of the daily routines could use a revamp. Also the computer system needs a overhaul. Stuck in the 90's it seemed with dial up systems.
Pros
working with cars
Cons
The overall managing of inventory and employees
auto technation
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJuly 21, 2015
A day at work was to bring vehicle in first perform an outside inspection check work order for customer complain test drive vehicle if needed bring vehicle set up on lift support safety first. perform safety inspection then check for customer complain diagnose and write what is needed for repair and give to service writer to present to customer what is needed for repair , keep area clean and safe and also customer relations ,
Pros
enjoy customer relations
Cons
minimum pay
Life and balance
Floating Manager (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHJuly 15, 2015
This job does not let you have a life. Working 12 to 14 hour days average seven days a week is having no life. I did like the higher ups they were nice. always willing to communicate if you had any problem. Sometimes problem is call get voicemail and call back three days later. Overall I don't enjoy working here because I have no time with my family. No family events, No birthdays, they almost did not let me have off for my daughters birthday. The downfall is hours, Scheduling, Everyday working sometimes 14+ days with out a day off.
Pros
Higher ups nice and very willing to communicate.
Cons
If to busy no lunch, no breaks, no help, short staffed
no employeee relationship
transportation/warehouse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 22, 2015
Monro Muffler has no respect for it's employee's. Has bragged about how they have taken away from it's employee's. Has no concerns for it's employee's.
Pros
Cons
to many to list
kwwpa you buay
Supervisor Justin (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 31, 2015
good environment for working conditions. Good team work. Must provide your own tools. Sometimes long hours. Steady pace. Opportunity to change locations if position is available.
Great place to work and build community.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, Ohio 44883February 18, 2015
A typical work day is providing customers with automotive service and solutions for their cars. Delivering smile and friendly atmosphere to your local community, while building trust in the automotive industry. My team and I work fast every day to do what is right for every customer's car. The hardest part is being rushed and wanting to help everyone right now when there may be a wait to get to their car.
Pros
amazing support system, working with a great team and manager.
Cons
none so far
Na
planning, assisting and directing work (Former Employee) –  NJFebruary 16, 2015
It was a good company to work for But it was not for me at this present time. If you have the ability to stay with it and work hard you will make really good money.
If you do not have a life, this is the place for you.
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Old Saybrook,CtAugust 27, 2014
The only important part was sales dollars and listening to how much you have failed. Its never good enough. Job loss threats were ongoing from market manager. Very long hours, no time for family. There is no respect for employees. I have worked for this company for 7 years. Things have only got worse.
Pros
working w/good employees and customers
Cons
uncaring, self centered market manager
Joke
Employee (Former Employee) –  pittsburghJuly 5, 2014
Monro is a terrible company. They only pay their techs $9 an hour or 12%. The company is a glorified Jiffy Lube. Most of the people they hire are just walk ins off the street with little to no auto repair experience. I wouldn't trust them to work on my bicycle let alone a thirty thousand dollar automobile. Stay away and find a reputable repair facility. By the way, they use the 19.99 oil change to bait you in trying to sell overpriced services. They actually lose money considering 5 quarts of oil and a filter is $20 athe parts store.
Pros
a job
Cons
where to start
Long Hours
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 19, 2014
Good co-workers, Upper management is unorganized, I learned how to deal with unsatisfied customers.
Productive place
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14616November 24, 2013
Process payments, reliable co-workers and the hard part was training and the most enjoyable was the co-workers
This company only cares about them selves not one employee !!
Tech (Current Employee) –  Charleston WVFebruary 3, 2013
They promise and never come thru, they fertilize the grass on the other side of the fence with a lot of bs! Not joking you have been told point blank !! Spade is a spade it is what it is !!!!! Good luck to you
This company will lie to your face and then spit in it when you turn around !!! Always stressful they replace store manager every 6 months and they don't care in the last year have had 3 managers and not one can do the job this company wants! There, wants are too high this store is in the west side of Charleston so we don't have a lot of big jobs coming in just 21.99 oil changes that they fill the lot with and turn away real work !!! Any other ? Stop by and ask
Cons
always on you for more never happy
Normal work conditions for a repair shop chain.
technician (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHDecember 26, 2012
AS service job based on job sales dollars where the store emplouees carry a small shop respect for each other.
Very Bad Company to work for. All politics!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hornell NYDecember 7, 2012
I started as an assistant manager. I left after 2 years and received a call and asked if I would come back to manage a store. I did come back and ended up being there most of the time 72 hours a week. I turned the store around and made them a ton of money. Never received a raise however I was the top store in my market after turning my store around.

They fired me for discounting when its company policy to price match competitors. They only care about their bank account and couldn't care less about the employees. I was doing so well I was a few weeks away from winning a trip. This place is a joke. They screw technicians pay all the time and don't pay the bonus like they are supposed to.
Pros
access to a shop
Cons
everything, upper management, doesnt care about employees
Overall poorly managed company
Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandNovember 30, 2012
This company does not care about its employees, hardly maintains their stores, and has barely any communication through the chain of command. They will expect you to relocate LITERALLY overnight. They are constantly changing out management and cannot retain technicians. If you are thinking about working for them make sure you understand their fluctuating pay scales and I would suggest getting it in writing... They will change it and not tell you.
We are in the business of acquisitions.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, N.Y.November 6, 2012
Just spent 3 weeks with Mr. Tire, a division of Monro Muffler. The business I worked at for almost 12 years was bought out by them. In the purchase contract, all of the employees were guaranteed their pay and benefits. Well, the closest I could come up with was about a 10-15 hour longer work week, $18,000 less per year. Working every holiday known to man and soon to be open 7 days a week. They say it's for their customer's but it's for the shareholders. Their philosophy is to try to hit a home run on every customer and eventually someone will say yes. Not family oriented, long hours, no trust of their employees, no communication from upper management. They are not in the business of repairing customers cars or customer service, they are in the business of acquisitions. THAT is what is driving their stock price. Upper management are all payed in stock. Grind the lower and middle management to death so they have their golden parachute.
Pros
stable company
Cons
make the company your life.
company went down hill in the personal department
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 2, 2012
very poor working environment no stability in the work force excessive verbal abuse
Pros
non
Cons
listed in review

2.4