Monroe Clinic Employee Reviews

Nice facility, treated patients well
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAJune 15, 2017
Great place to work however not a lot of support as I was the only one at the clinic along with an inexperienced medical assistant. It was over 1 hour to get here each way which I did not enjoy
Pros
Beautiful facility
Cons
long drive, no support
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Monroe, WIMay 24, 2017
Monroe Clinic is an absolutely wonderful place to work. I have been employed there for 15 years. I have been enjoyed the culture and the fact that promote education and offer tuition reimbusement
Not a team oriented place to work. Many cliches. Its who you know there that counts. Its pathetic
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  HomecareMay 20, 2017
Home care used to be a good place to work. New management has ruined it. They cannot keep staff. They are micromanaged and the quality of Homecare suffers. They have resorted to Traveling nurses. Staff does not feel appreciated or understood. All in all a really bad experience and no one in higher management will listen. With the nurse shortage they might want to change how employees who worked hard for their education are treated. They have lost a lot of excellent nursesnand nursing retention is bottom of the barrel.
Grood experience
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WIMarch 7, 2017
I learned a lot from the providers and well as all the different departments that I worked in. Working for different departments I gained much knowledge in the medical field
Pros
working with great people
Great hospital and team mates, on top of upcoming Epic advancements
Epic Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WINovember 16, 2016
Great hospital and team mates, on top of upcoming Epic advancements, communication is open and often. Very knowledgeable staff.
Wonderful and supportive coworkers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Monroe, WIMay 16, 2016
I love the people that I work with. Everyone is very helpful and they truly are my family. It's just a stressful and unstable department.
Better Mangers
customer service (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WIDecember 31, 2015
the coworkers were great! they have amazing food but sadly they do not train their employes for what they are expected to do and that caucused people to walk out the door.. they would succeed better if the bosses didn't act like children.
Pros
food and customers
Cons
always short staffed
Great First CNA Job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WIOctober 14, 2015
My co-workers at Monroe Clinic were Fantastic, always open to questions and quick to help. While working here I learned a lot about team-work and flexability.
Pros
Acute Care Environment
The Hospital has strong ties to the community
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WIOctober 1, 2015
Very fast paced environment. Management not overly concerned with the well being of employees. The hours were constantly changing, weekends were always needing coverage. The most enjoyable part of the job was the end of the work day.
Pros
A community based environment
Cons
Lack of advancement
Stocked up on middle management
Admissions Represenative (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WIAugust 7, 2015
A typical day at work was fun and fast paced and required prioritizing and organization. I learned alot of medical terminology and how to use Excel and Power Point.

Monroe Clinic has a beautiful new Hospital to work in. However, most of the offices are in an older building built in the 1930's The new Hospital does not have room for all the departments that need to be there. So there is alot of back and forth from the old building to the new Hospital. My co-workers were great both from my department stand point as well as from the organization standpoint.
Pros
enjoyed free meals on occasion and has coffe shop and cafeteria on location
Cons
Not always able to take breaks and was dictated by when patients coming in, and then those times changing several times without our knowledge.
Great Place to Gain Experience
Ex Employee (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WIDecember 11, 2014
Fast paced clinical experience allowing a professional to hone their skills and grow professionally. Awesome staff and work environment.
Pros
Staff, experience
Cons
Benefits, compensation for workload, and no advancement
Overall decent place of employment
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Monroe, WIAugust 25, 2014
A typical day at work would include making sure a patient is happy with their food tray at all times, helping others around the kitchen, cleaning up, and preparing for the next days meal. There is a lot of favoritism that goes on here and a lot of goofing around being done on the weekends when management isn't here. As long as everyone is getting along and working their hardest, the Monroe Clinic is not a bad place to work.
Patient Accounts
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WIJune 16, 2014
Co-workers- are very friendly and the overall atmosphere is focused on patient care and safety.
Pros
Hospital Atmosphere
Cons
low pay
Too many chiefs ....
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  MonroeMay 19, 2014
Not all it's cracked up to be. Really like what I do but too micromanaged. Pushing people out the door ...
Pros
Discounted lunches, a lot of great employees
Cons
No time off, told what to say, wear and think.
most co workers were nice and helpful some were not.
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  freeportApril 4, 2014
I had informed them of my previous work experience and it had been several months working in that position due to moving and a baby,some things I needed some refreshing and time to get used to how they did things also learning many new things i never didnin my previous job,and apparently three weeks in I wasn't learning fast enough and with short staff and a lot of float staff I was not able to learn consistantly and effectivley which made me nervous coming to the job everyday afraid I wouldn' t do something right. In the end I left there very discouraged and unsure of my career.
Pros
some friendly staff loved the patients.
Cons
training, empathy
Great work enviroment
Ophthalmic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Freeport, ILFebruary 23, 2014
I have learned a lot already in the short time I have been with Monroe. They have helped me learn many new skills that I use everyday now
Fast Pace, Technology Advanced good place to work.
Clinical Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WIFebruary 28, 2013
The hardest part of the job was not being able to make things happen fast enough.
Good Company!
Nutrition Services (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WIJuly 31, 2012
Worked in the kitchen, on an as needed basis. Joyful place to work.
Pros
discount lunch, friendly managers decent pay
Cons
diffilcult to maintain benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monroe Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9