Monroe College Employee Reviews

Student Success Center Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 28, 2017
The culture and atmosphere makes it a great place to work. It is a pleasure to wake up and come here, which makes it NOT feel like a job.You are actually happy to be there.
Excellent Job
Student Financial Aid/Web Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 25, 2017
Very flexible job and management was very friendly. In addition, they were always willing to help their employees. The environment was very relaxed and easy going.
Interesting place
Academic Program Manager (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYFebruary 10, 2017
Working with students and athletes are the highlight of the job especially in areas where you are able to make a difference. Mixed messages and stress from upper management is very frustrating. Being able to multi task and also wear different hats is huge.
Pros
Interacting with students and colleagues is fun and never boring
Student Worker
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYFebruary 9, 2017
As an international student, I felt comfortable and adjusted quite easily. Overall the staff is very friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed working with Monroe College.
Active and a growth learning curve enviornment
Admissions and Registrar Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 3, 2017
Learned how to communicate with all ethnicities and backgrounds of all ages. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a happy student enrolled into the college program or course.
Overall Good
Intern as IT Technician/Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 8, 2017
I was an intern, hence I was able to get along with everybody especially my partner and the people that were in the IT Department on the Client Services management division
Pros
Free Coffee all day long
Wonderful work atmosphere
Professor of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 11, 2016
The management knows the name of all faculty and staff. There is a student-focused culture with an open door policy that provides a nurturing atmosphere for students.
very productive
Intern - Admissions and Financial Aid Departments (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 28, 2016
the people in the office were very helpful with guiding me the first few days. even upon leaving, they threw us a small party which made all us interns feel amazing.
good place to work
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYNovember 7, 2016
Good company to work for. Management is good co-workers in my department are great. the school is great for international students they work well with their students.
Not for a Seasoned Higher Ed Professional
Director of Activities (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYNovember 3, 2016
If your just starting out in Higher Ed, this may be a foot in the door, but it's not a place that a seasoned faculty or administrator would want to work. They hire a large amount of their own graduates. The education they offer is sub-par (your much better off going to a community college). With that said, the majority of their staff is incompetent because they are Monroe Grads. The college is family owned, and operated and it's a for-profit institution. They focus on enrollment rather then outcome. Terrible upper management, was verbally abused and threatened. It's a manipulative culture that is created and trickles down. Not a teamwork atmosphere.
High Turnover. Students can be violent. Some have criminal records, and firearms. Pay is actually not bad for someone who is not a graduate. They expect you to work late nights, weekends.
Pros
Fun Holiday Parties, Benefits are Good.
Cons
Upper Management, Cultivate a Competitive Culture among employees, students are not college ready, and often abrasive and disruptive.
If you are a full time employee it is great
PROFESSOR OF PSYCHOLOGY (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2016
The environment is courteous and professional; however, you may spend five to six years employed there in order to become full time. If you are adjunct they do not provide benefits of any kind and get paid a lower salary.
Pros
Treated professionally
Cons
Poor Pay
Fun workplace
Office Assistant in the Office of Loan Management (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 24, 2016
Work in the loan office. Great place to work and the staff are wonderful. The hardest part of the job is at the beginning of every semester and at the end of each semester.
Pros
great environment to work
Cons
traffic
good poeple
Football Coach (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYOctober 7, 2016
Still work here.
great place.
good co-workers.
pay low but nice environment.
Have to give more raises, but love the job.
alot of hours
Review for Monroe College
Department Assistant, Math Department (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 29, 2016
I have work almost 8 years at Monroe College.This company is full profit that means their business is working only when they have a great registration rate. If the company is not working fine which I can tell because of the lack of planing, they out a tremendous pressure on the employees such bring a health plan that cause an employee to pay 10 000 dollars deductible for their health insurance.

There are so many factors about this company that hesitating me to refer them as a great company to work with.
Pros
Cons
shortage of benefits
Educational Institution
Administrative Assistant to the Dean of CJ (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 21, 2016
Monroe College is a dynamic place to work at. The staff, faculty and administrators were a pleasure to work for.

I worked with the Dean, School of Criminal Justice. The job was very rewarding, challenged me and helped me to grow professionally. I enjoyed with the the student population and it was a job which was very rewarding to me.
nice place to work
Admissions Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYSeptember 13, 2016
the duties were pretty straight forward. answering phones, data entry, greeting potential students who were applying to the college. management changed several times but productivity was consistent.
Challenging place to work. Good people overall.
Director of Public Safety (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 8, 2016
Good place, Good people, In transition,The two campuses have different operating feels to them. Can be a little confusing at times. I had a time there.
Not what it once was
English Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 12, 2016
Tough place to work. Hard to maintain proper work life balance. You are told it is family oriented, however this is not really the case. For many years it was a great place to work with a real family atmosphere. But no longer.
Student Worker
Imaging Scanner, Student Services (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYAugust 6, 2016
I was a student worker at Monroe College in the imaging/ scanning department. A typical day would be really slow and I wasn't given much to do. Most of the time I would just organize the files into alphabetical order, check emails and upload the emailed documents into the system. The management as well as co-workers were very friendly, they assist a lot when it came on to managing the work load with school. The hardest part of the job was not having much to do. As a student worker it was hard to scan some of the documents since they were confidential files and they belonged to fellow students which was very understandable.
Pros
accessible, it was on campus
Cons
not very much to do
Fun and active
JV Basketball team Manager/ Statistician (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYAugust 1, 2016
That job taught me a lot about working with others and responsibility. All the staff are very productive and hard working and easy and open to talk to. The hardest part of the job was making sure all the kids did not get injured in anyway even though its a camp and it happens but that was basically something that was a challenge.
Pros
free trips, outdoor experience, bonding with the kids and staff, overnight trips
Cons
the communication with the head counselors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monroe College. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval