Monroe College Employee Reviews in United States

Productive, and a great learning experience.
LIBRARY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 4, 2016
I enjoy helping students find books, researching various topic and editing any work. It is fun and at the same time a great learning environment for all.
Pros
Networking
intern
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 4, 2016
Working as an inter in Monroe college was a great experience, intern in 2008 helped me understand the field much better. very grateful for this opportunity.
Pros
close to home
Cons
short breaks
fun and enjoyable
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYDecember 2, 2015
Life in Monroe College was great. This is where I got my first start in the busy working world and it was great. Very diverse students and staff to work with. You will always learn something new and met new and interesting people and staff members as well. You dealt with students from all around the world who came to the college for one thing and that was to learn, make new friends and advance your career.
Pros
met different people from different cultures
Cons
pay, benefits
Great Place to work
SQL SERVER DBA (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYNovember 15, 2015
Its a very friendly environment to work, management all ways want the best for the staffs, best benefits. Work/life balance was pretty flexible.
Productive and very interactive
International Student Services Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYNovember 3, 2015
Fulfilling job where you get the opportunity to be apart of changing people's lives for the better. Apart from dealing with students on a daily basis, there are fun activities that are planned by us the advisors in order to mingle and connect with the students.
Pros
christmas parties, bonus
Cons
blackout days for vacation
Per-diem
Adjunct Professor of LPN Program (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 1, 2015
Pretty much per semester job. Have to see if they have anything for you. Consistent work is not guaranteed, they inform during the interview process.
Pros
Students excited to learn
Cons
Disorganized
Fun work place where those within your department are always willing to help
Welcome Center Counselor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 31, 2015
The unfortunate part of being a part-time employee is no benefits. The environment itself is great to be in and management is a believer in having her employees progress. So, there is room for advancement within the company.
Pros
Good atmosphere, helpful staff
Cons
No benefits, low starting pay
Great place to work!
❸ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle,NYSeptember 23, 2015
Answering phones, typing reports,creating spreadsheets,powerpoint presentations, taking minutes at meetings, coordinating my bosses schedule, filling out contingency forms and budget requests, contact with outside contractors, overall support among other office related tasks.
Very productive, gained a lot of experience and great atmosphere.
Office Assistant (Federal Work-study) (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 10, 2015
It was great, my co-workers and the counselors in the office was friendly and great to work with. My over-all experience was a good one. I assisted students with a process that you do at your final semester of college, a process that I eventually did.
Encouraging workplace.
Front Desk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYSeptember 7, 2015
This company is a place where employees are encouraged to be themselves and take initiatives for work tasks. It allows for professional development and places an emphasis on work-life balance.
Enjoyable place to work
Adjunct Professor- On-Campus & Online (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 1, 2015
Enjoyed working on campus and online with my students. The love the on-going professional development trainings and resources available to the Adjunct Professors.
Pros
Great working environment
Productive workplace.
Assistant to director of facilities (Former Employee) –  Bronx,NyJuly 21, 2015
Great place t work a. A large family. There are fast paced days and even when it is slow there is always something happening. The staff and professor's are all professionals in their fields. Part of my job was to know everyone, This help when it came to assigning a co-worker to an assignment,. I truly enjoy my time there have I not telocated I would still be there..
Pros
never a dull moment.always somthing exciting happenning.
Cons
Diverse College environment in a fun urban part of the city
College Student (Current Employee) –  2501 Jerome Avenue Bronx, New York 10458June 28, 2015
The commute is typically about 20 to 30 minutes and easy to walk to and from. The field of study I'm majoring in is Information Technologies so most of what I learn at the college is knowledge and proficiency with computer hardware and software applications. I have not had any conflicting interactions with my peers and everyone is for the most part, always busy. I find that the hardest thing to figure out here is that like the rest of New York, nobody is going to lend you a helping hand without asking first. The best feature is probably that almost everyone is going to try and help if you ask for it.
Pros
Accessible and flexible class hours
Cons
No sense of community
Very good
Athletic Director (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 15, 2015
Work is always challenging and evolving. It is a family run business. Hence, one has to embodied the culture to succeed.
Pros
Perks
Cons
evolution
Great Company
Welcome Center Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 3, 2015
Being a staff member at Monroe College is beyond rewarding.
The aura is positive and the people are great!
I couldn't have asked for a better atmosphere to work in.
I scored big time!
Pros
Positive reinforcement, smiles all day!, goodies to keep us going, beyond exceptional support.
Cons
None!
Fast Pace professional environment.
Helpdesk Associates (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 8, 2015
Day starts and end providing support to end user ( i.e students, staffs, faculty). Learned to provide better support in most difficult of situation, keep calm and make client happy with the service they asked for. Have a group of helpful co-worker,supportive management.
The Life of a Mentor is very rewarding
Academic Mentor (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYApril 26, 2015
A typical day of being an Academic Mentor at Monroe College involves working with students on a daily basis to ensure that they grasp accounting concepts and principles, to illustrate how to use Quickbooks and how to perform Excel commands using functions, charts, Macros and more. I started off working as a volunteer and was later employed as a hired mentor.
I have acquired much in regards to my time management capabilities and leadership skills while being a mentor to students. In terms of management, it is my duty to manage approximately 15 students on a daily basis. It is a very motivational job as my own personal motto is to "aspire to inspire". As a leader I ensure that my students know their value and see their worth and capabilities as future business professionals.
My job requires that I be flexible, so like my other co-workers I rotate to desk duty or other subject areas such as Federal Taxation, research papers, and more.
The hardest part of my job is having to mentor during EXAM finals because that is when the true pressure comes along but it also puts my ability to manage my time wisely to a test which I pass exceedingly with a 4.00 GPA each semester.
It is quite heart-warming to help others succeed and knowing that you played a role in making their success a reality is quite inspiring as well.Ultimately, that becomes the greatest part of my job. Being a mentor not only involves helping others but it also helps me in the process. I have become stronger as a person when dealing with others as well as to be more patient and understanding. Being a mentor has
  more... taught to me to see beneath the person before me, to be alert in my own responses and to appreciate the joy in uplifting others as I climb. In conclusion, to be able to become the person I am through the aid of helping others is the most enjoyable part of my job as a mentor.  less
Great Place to Work
Assistant Sports Information Director (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYApril 10, 2015
College cares about you doing well at your position and really cares about helping students. Resources are great. Great Benefits. Great coworkers
Pros
Work environment, pay scale
Highly productive
Manager of the Volleyball Team (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYMarch 18, 2015
A typical day at work would include setting up the scoreboard and taking the stats of every volleyball player during games. In this job I learned how to take stats on the computer for others to see how wonderful the team was.
got hired from summer youth
Office Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 18, 2015
this was my first job ever, got hired from summer youth and the manager kept me after summer youth was over. once i stayed there after summer youth, i learned more about the company and working back of the house and front of the house.