Monroe College

Monroe College Employer Reviews

got hired from summer youth
Office Intern (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 18, 2015
this was my first job ever, got hired from summer youth and the manager kept me after summer youth was over. once i stayed there after summer youth, i learned more about the company and working back of the house and front of the house.
Learning Experience
Member Soccer Team (Former Employee), New Rochelle, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Was the referee for soccer games organized by Peekskill Parks and Recreations for kids ages 9-12. I know the rules of soccer but sometimes some of the parents of the kids playing soccer tried to question my expertise. I had to manage every situation like an utmost professional.
Awesome
Academic Office (Current Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: coworkers, students
Cons: n/a
Great place to work, primary goal is to ensure students do well and earn their degree with little to no debt. Management is supportive with the exception of a few(expected anywhere). Co-workers are really what make the job fun - if Monroe can only do one thing absolutley thing right - its hire great people.
Production and Rewarding
Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: teamwork and rewarding benefits
Monroe College is a excellent place of employment with many opportunities. My chosen profession of Education and Administration has allowed me to utilize my combination of experience, enthusiasm, education, and expertise.
positive workplace
Financial Aid Office Assistant (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Great work environment!
Very passionate when it comes to help students, excellent team work with enthusiastic co-workers.
Meet new people everyday from around the world.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), New Rochelle, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: attend all activities for free
Cons: writing misconducts for residence that violated any rules
Worked with a great group of people from different backgrounds and culture. I was able to manage a residence hall with approximately 64 students on my floor. best thing about working here is the amount of respect many people will give you.
Straight forward job
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: light work load
Cons: no room for advancement and low compensation.
A typical day for a Monroe Public Safety Officer starts with roll call. Posts assignments are given along with any events occurring within the college. Once roll call concludes, we disburse to our post, all equipment must be checked and accounted for upon arrival to such post. Access control is our main duty but can vary depending on any incidents that may occur. Most co-workers are friendly with the exception of a few. The hardest part of the job is constantly having to adjust to policy and procedure changes weekly. This causes for mass confusion while trying to execute our day to day job. The management of Public Safety Department regurgitates new policies and procedures rather than properly explaining them to it's employees. On a positive note, the college setting allows for interaction with students which makes the job fun. My time working at Monroe taught me how to adjust quickly to a constantly changing work environment. How to quickly learn and implement new policies and procedures to my work. Monroe Public Safety is definitely not a hard job as far as work load but can be challenging when having to work with management.
Well organize environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 10, 2015
Is an excellent place to work, very good job atmosphere. Help is always on the way of those who need it. A professional team is always seeking a way to help current and graduated students.
Teacher's Assistant to Chefs (Former Employee), New Rochelle, NYJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no breaks
everyday was a good day. I also was a student there, I've learned alot. We all worked as a team. My coworkers were great and the hardest part of this job was catching an 8:00 shuttle bus, and working with all the chefs/professors where the best part of my day.
Productive and Friendly office culture.
Digital Marketing Content Manager (Former Employee), Bronx, NYOctober 24, 2014
Pros: relaxed work environment
Cons: hard to get hired here
9:00 am start work really diligently. Learn a lot about campus events. I learned about digital marketing. Co workers were great people, very knowledgeable about there positions. The hardest part of the job is having to move from building to building. The most enjoyable part is the people who work there.
Awesome place
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee), Bronx, NYOctober 15, 2014
Great place. People treat you like family. Very supportive
Fulltime Professor (Current Employee), Bronx, NYOctober 13, 2014
Co-workers are great most of them are attentive to your needs. I enjoy working with my students they make the day seem easier especially when they acknowledge that they understand the material being taught.
Great Place
Resident Aide (Former Employee), New Rochelle, NYSeptember 23, 2014
- Make sure everyone feels safe in their rooms
- make sure the students questions were answered
- plan activities
- meets budgets for each dorm
Very demanding environment
Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (Current Employee), New Rochelle, NYAugust 12, 2014
Pros: management is flexible
Cons: very demanding
Serves as a liaison to the Academic Services department to track and promote the academic success of student-athletes
Ensures student-athletes needs are met as they relate to personal, academic, and athletic goals
Provides a positive atmosphere conducive to the social and academic growth of student-athletes
Acts under the direction of the head men's basketball coach by collecting and reviewing recruitment documentation, arranging/scheduling recruitment and campus visits, preparing general correspondence, and assisting in other recruitment needs
Collaborates with medical, training, and conditioning staff to monitor performance to enhance individual and team potential
Collaborates with athletics department staff to coordinate summer basketball campus and other special projects
Serves as a liaison between departments offering assistance and guidance in dealing with compliance, student services, scheduling, travel plans, facilities, and housing
Analyzes and evaluates practice and game film
Charts and compiles information/statistics to forecast individual and team efforts
Collaborates with coaches in improving individual and team performance
Comfortable, Clean, Professional conduct, Respect and maturity among co-workers
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee), New Rochelle, NYJuly 8, 2014
Pros: professional conduct displayed by co-workers, tasks always completed, overtime is available, uniform is paid for by the college.
Cons: a time period to gain permanent status should be clearly noted.
Excellent, comfortable and clean environment to work and be apart of. The Staffs are hard working, dependable and get the job done.
My fellow Public Safety Officers are very hard working individuals who conducts themselves in a professional manner, execute their job functions in an attempt to provide a safe and secure campus for all staffs, students and visitors. We go the extra mile to assist staffs and students in distress situations. Example ,someone who is returning to campus and is stranded , such as , missing the last bus or train and needs a ride back to campus, or to transport someone who has an emergency to the nearest hospital for medical attention. As a Public Safety Officer at Monroe College, New Rochelle branch, our job is not just to provide security by making sure everyone is safe and our campus premises secure, we answer questions with regards to campus rules and regulations and to make every students comfortable as possible throughout their time and quest obtaining a college degree in the field of their choice. As a Public Safety Officer on the night shift, it is part of my job and a priority to have the campus safe and secure, running smoothly and resolve any and all problems that arise during my tour of duty.
Great Place to Work at
Financial Aid Office Assistant (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJuly 3, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Monroe, it was great experience.
Management were great, my co-workers lovely people and the most enjoyable part of my job is that we are a family. It was a wondeful Experience.
exciting palce to work
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJune 20, 2014
Pros: loved the job
Cons: was a temp assignment
Supported high executives in various departments
• Acted as a liaison between candidates and recruiters
• Answered phones, filed, faxed, distributed mail accordingly, ordered supplies and provided other
administrative duties as assigned
• Assisted in the preparation & coordination of memoranda and reports by preparing and editing text and
other required materials
• Data entry of highly sensitive information
• Assisted in the processing and filing of tax papers for trust, foundation and individual accounts
• Prepared client billings
• Handled highly confidential documents
• Heavy calendar scheduling in Lotus Notes
• Made travel arrangements
• Maintained files, faxed, copied, federal express and certified mail
• Prepared and monitored candidate information for hire
• Prepared T&E reports
• Prepared, proofread and edited documents using Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point as well as
conducting internet research and utilizing online tools
• Scheduled and coordinated meetings/conference calls
The staff is very helpful and fun
Student Peer Counselor (Current Employee), New Rochelle, New YorkJune 13, 2014
Pros: feels like a family and they are willing to help you learn.
Cons: limited hours
Working in the Financial Aid office, I have gained a lot of confidence in phone communication, assisting students and getting the basic understanding of working within a professional setting.
College (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMay 31, 2014
I went to school here enjoed my classes and the workkplace was average.
Productive Work Place and Excellent Co-workers
Information Technology Tutor (Former Employee), New Rochelle, NYMay 16, 2014
A typical day at work is challenging because of the high volume of students, both physically and over the phone, I have acquired vast knowledge into the computer field world through my working experience at Monroe College. Management has a strong handle of the high traffic within the office, Counselors are always at hand to assist students with all their Financial necessities, and my Co-workers are hard working, friendly and passionate to their job.

The hardest part of my job is not letting my emotions get too involved with the students and their Difficulties. The students are the most enjoyable part of my job, they are so diverse in culture, race and language, making them enjoyable to speak to and get to know.

1 2 3