Monroe Community College Employee Reviews in United States

a great experience
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 11, 2016
the workers here are really nice. and even though you are working for the school they would rather you to get your school work finished. sometimes it over whelming to secure a whole building of 200+ residents
Pros
great benefits
Cons
overwhelming
Excellent workplace
Adjunct Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 28, 2016
MCC is a wonderful work and learning environment. The students and faculty are friendly. The learning centers are also very accessible.
good for a starting student
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  rochester nyAugust 12, 2015
this job is good for work study except that the pay is not high enough and you can not use this as unemployment experience even though taxes are taken from you. they pay minimum wage and you have to literally fight for hours because there are too many employees here.
Visual and Performing Arts Department; dynamic and engaging
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 27, 2015
Scheduled and held one-on-one conferences with college students and/or a parent/guardian to discuss career path. Assisted with and monitored completion of timely computer registration of each student’s courses every semester. Held daily meetings with students to discuss and strategize progress toward the degree chosen. Created, published, and presented guidance materials to the department chair for each of the nine majors for use by enrolled students to aid their course progress. Supported the department chair and all teaching faculty by taking responsibility for the annual organization and execution of open house enrollment workshops.
It's what you make of it.
Staff (Current Employee) –  Rochester NYSeptember 14, 2015
I've been with my department for along time. Unfortunately given the position there isn't room for advancement. The job is enjoyable.
Pros
Coworkers, department
Cons
Hours, Hard to advance.
N/a
Placement & Testing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 13, 2015
I am a motivator and organizer and these skills have enabled me to effectively broaden my students learning with real world experience, thus creating an educational foundation. Over the years, I have had to establish daily operational bases for projects/programs and provide the direction to ensure the progress and deadline are met.
Good part time work for students
Student Aid, Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 6, 2015
I only worked part time during my final semester. Good work life balance, got to work in a comfortable environment. This was only part time student work, so there was no advancement, nor could I live on this job. Good opportunity to make some extra money, though.
Pros
comfortable environment
Cons
Only part time student work, nothing I could live on.
Great school, Professors go out of their way to help you succeed
MCC- Mechanical Technologies (Former Employee) –  Rochester NYJune 24, 2015
A great place to go to College. The professors go through great lengths to make sure that you understand the material and if you need more instructions they have office hours.
A very productive and energy filled place to work
Gallery Attendent (Former Employee) –  Rochester NYMarch 17, 2015
During my time as a student worker at Monroe Community College i learned a great deal about position of employment, i did my best to understand and learn as much as i could about the art that was being shown and giving those that walked into the gallery an engaging experiences with the art as possible.
Pros
An amazing director who taught me a lot and showed a genuine interest in her employees
Cons
There really are no cons to speak of
Great College!
Secretarial Internship (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 29, 2015
Loved the atmosphere, the professors were wonderful
Great experience overall

Not a job, this was a college I attended

Would recommend going there to others
challenging
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIFebruary 4, 2015
Good place to work. the distance from home was the most challenging, and made for someone who liked being alone. The winter months were the worst, but because I worked the late shift, I could tolerate it.
Pros
basically my own boss.
Cons
the manditory monthly meetings that i had to attend. the meetings would only take about one hour, but the time it took me to get their and back home, would take half a day.
great job to build character and self-worth
Cashier and stocker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, New YorkMay 9, 2015
some managers made me feel uncomfortable from certain things they would do and say, the customers were great and made the job worth it. I learned how to do inventory and to just keep working even when under a lot of stress. I also learned that although I need the money being discriminated against and bullied in the workplace isn't worth the job. My co-workers were great and I never had issues with them I was really cool with two of my managers (Jodi and Tony) the other managers went out of their way to make working difficult (I personally think they need character building classes). Work was pretty easy it was just the attitudes and disrespect coming from the certain managers that made it rough. The best part about working was the job, I loved the fact that out of all the people in the store I had the opportunity to work in every department.
Pros
different varied customers, works around your school schedule
Cons
managers with horrible attitudes, not enough hours
A family oriented place to work, with lots of potential to learn and grow.
Peer Advisor (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14623April 18, 2015
A typical day of work is having to do give a campus tour to prospective students and informed them about the learning community, centers, and most facilities that the college offers. It is always my pleasure.
Working with students and watching them achieve is a great feeling.
Computer Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester New YorkNovember 20, 2014
Walking thriough the door helping a student or a prospective student find their way to a building. Hepling a staff member navigate an electronic request form. Helping a faculty member locate an exam he or she thought they dropped off to the exam scoring center. Its call super service, the most enjoyable part of the day. Helping to put a smile on a customer face even when you don't feel like it and even when they don't deserve it. The hardest part of the day is when its time to go home and you stay because there is a customer who just walked in at the last minute. Co-workers are friendly. When you come here to work, most people don't leave. Great place to work.
Pros
christmas week off for everyone
Cons
faculty have more perks than csea
Challenging but fun place to work.
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 20, 2012
I usually sit at the front entrance of the college and check i.d's when people enter the college area. Ive learned to be patient and how to handle various types of people. My co-workers are quick to help when needed and take over my post if I need a break. The hardest part of the job is actually following the i.d policy and making it fair for everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and being able to help a lot of students, staff, and faculty.
Leadrship as you study!
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 27, 2015
MCC has given me a lot of experience in Leadership. After I left the school, I was so ready for reality. Working as a Student with Professionals taught me a lot about myself and others.
Best Work Environment
Customer Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 20, 2015
Monroe Community College is an enjoyable environment to work, co-workers makes the experience upbeat, I love it here!
great way to find out what you want to do
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Pavilion, NYApril 6, 2015
all teachers have lots of knowledge in all areas and will help teach you what is needed to get a job later in life. will teach you all handy man skills needed in life.
Very hands on a lot of people interaction. Great place to be helping people reach their goals.
Pac Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 20, 2013
Typically the day was to ensure that all teams and facility was managed being used at it's maximum capabilty. Ensuring that all staff was assinged correctly to their areas and excuting their assigned duties. Great relaxed management all love what they are doing.
fun and easy
Audio Visual Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 28, 2013
A typical day was fun and exciting. I learned to work with computers and projectors. Management was kind and friendly with employees. My co-worker were friendly and easy going. The hardest part of the job was fixing printers. I enjoyed the kind of work I did.
Pros
management gave employees free lunch
Cons
not full-time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monroe Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4