Monroe Community College Employee Reviews

Mcc
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 6, 2017
Great place to work while you are attending classes, the work environment is relaxed yet professional and all the people are very friendly and are great to work with
Great atomosphere
Adjunct Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 2, 2017
- if you enjoy teaching part-time, this is the place for you!
- challenging environment
- great students
- great faculty and staff
- decent compensation for adjuncts
Pros
Great faculty environment
Cons
work is part-time only
I like the experience.
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 26, 2017
I had a fulfilling learning experience. Met and worked with many different people and different walks of life. There were times to get to know people from different aspects of life and it was a true learning experience.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
N/a
Mcc
Administrator - Technical Assistant Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 25, 2017
MCC is a great place to work. The main focus is in providing education that will lead to a successful career or taking the next step in continuing education.
Pros
diversity
Cons
sometimes shorthanded
Workstudy Job,
Student Aid (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 25, 2017
This job is an interesting balance of infuriating and rewarding. You will be surprised at the number of stupid questions you answer per day, but it's worth it to know you helped someone along the way to getting their education.
Pros
Relaxed, Self Driven
Cons
People ask infuriating questions
It was a good experience
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 16, 2017
I was a student assistant working through the work study program. I learned a lot and it was beneficial to my academic studies. It was part-time and I enjoyed the experience.
Pros
Good work environment educational
Cons
Some times unpleasent students
Enjoyable
Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 29, 2017
Great part time position. Good work environment with friendly co workers and staff. Good hours for me that is semi retired. Low paced job for this position.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Not more hours k
Productive workplace
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 26, 2017
It was a great place to work and experience diversity. Students from other countries graced the halls and I thoroughly enjoyed working there. Charmaine
Helping Students Achieve
LEARNING ASSISTANT (PART-TIME) (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 21, 2017
A typical day at MCC involves assisting students at the Center for Academic Reading (CAR) in reading comprehension, which includes understanding their assignments, interpreting literature, crafting sentences, proofing and classroom dialogue. Students in the Car remind me that intelligence and learning styles does not fit one model. The workplace culture is influenced by the CAR's management style of trust in the professionals assisting the students. The most difficult part of the job is when there are minimal students in the CAR, and the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that my efforts are helping students to better in the academic achievements.
Pros
Helping students achieve academic success
Cons
Not enough students need help
productive and fun way work with students and professors
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 27, 2017
Technical Assistant: Maintained all lab Computers and performed software updates. the most enjoyable part was set up equipment of physics. cleaning lab equipment and set up every equipment to their places back.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 8, 2017
Working in the music department was fun! I love music and all the students. It's a very fun and cool place to work. I love MCC!
It was ok working here
Custodian (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2016
I was OK working here I did what I needed to do they weren't that curdious as they could have been but I did my job as I was asked
best Job ever
Receptionist for Student Services (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 17, 2016
Best job ever for students. If you are looking to work but really want to focus on school then be a student worker. Its flexible with your hour and you have time to do homework on down time.
Pros
flexible with school hours
Cons
The pay
Interesting
Production Director/DJ/Event Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 6, 2016
Since it was a college radio station, I didn't actually get any pay or benefits. Although it definitely felt like a real job at times, it was fun most of the time. The only times it wasn't fun was when communication broke down, and certain things either didn't get done or done correctly.
Pros
Gave place to hide from the rest of campus, Allowed for my voice to be heard
Cons
Stated above
Student Aid at the ELC
Student Aid/ Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, NYNovember 1, 2016
Wonderful job to have while working toward your degree. The staff made the working experience a very fun-learning experience. There is a lot of room to work up and to advance.
great college and great for hands on experience
studied electrical engineering technology (Former Employee) –  building 9 at monroe community collegeOctober 22, 2016
Monroe community college has been a great learning experience. The teachers were pretty helpful and very supportive of our education there. I felt pretty motivated to work hard and complete my program.
Pros
hands on experience
Cons
no tutors
Professional Work place
Pathways to Success Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 21, 2016
Great working with students and staff. Everyone's goal is the student success. Hardest part of job is the paperwork and computer time spent per day, but the most important is seeing students graduated and moving forward
Pros
Great Pay, Great advancment
Cons
Benifits
a great experience
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 11, 2016
the workers here are really nice. and even though you are working for the school they would rather you to get your school work finished. sometimes it over whelming to secure a whole building of 200+ residents
Pros
great benefits
Cons
overwhelming
Excellent workplace
Adjunct Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 28, 2016
MCC is a wonderful work and learning environment. The students and faculty are friendly. The learning centers are also very accessible.
It's what you make of it.
Staff (Current Employee) –  Rochester NYSeptember 14, 2015
I've been with my department for along time. Unfortunately given the position there isn't room for advancement. The job is enjoyable.
Pros
Coworkers, department
Cons
Hours, Hard to advance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monroe Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4