Monroe County Intermediate School District Employee Reviews

Great great atmosphere with great people to work with.
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIJuly 8, 2017
It's been a great learning experience I have enjoyed working with students with mild to moderate disabilities. Your coworkers are very helpful and willing to teach you new approaches to dealing with students with disabilities.
Cons
The insurance is only for the employee it's not good to get it for the family.
Productive and creative atmosphere. Well qualified staff and workers.
Certified Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Monroe County, MIFebruary 10, 2016
My typical work day when entering a school would consist of meeting the staff and front desk, who have their duties organized, and their follow through is excellent, both with employees and students,and parents, or special programs. I am so impressed with the dedication and attitude and professional atmosphere of this district. The teamwork and individual responsibility demonstrated by co-workers and staff is quite remarkable. I enjoy interacting with staff and students, and appreciate the respect and ability of all with whom I have had the opportunity to interact, and this makes my job most enjoyable.

The benefits and opportunity to progress and gain experience in education and the professional atmosphere is great, and it feels so rewarding to be a part of such an endeavor and organization, even upon entry level.
Pros
With my job title, I can choose my work availability times so that if appointment is needed outside of class, my hours can be scheduled so that I do not have to take a day off for sick leave.
Cons
Lunches are not included, but that is to be expected. I enjoy going to different schools, but someday might wish to be hired as a Substitute for one particular school.
Possibility to be a great place, but toxic culture.
Assist. Supt. for Curriculum and Instruction (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIJuly 16, 2015
Although this was not the right fit for me in terms of work culture, I did learn there and I am grateful for the opportunity. My department employees were all hard working, but I wish my colleagues in upper level management were more welcoming to me, my department and my employees. I learned what county school district management is like, and how to build county-wide programs and initiative.
Learning as they go
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIMarch 20, 2014
MCISD has only recently taken over the Head Start program and then entire year has felt like a work in progress. While I have no doubt that they have the best of intentions, they are struggling to get ahead.
A Great Place to Work
Subsitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIFebruary 7, 2014
I loved working for the Monroe County Inter,mediate School District. I knew that when I arrived to my assignment I would find a detailed description of instructions written by the teacher as for what I was supposed to teach for that day. The Staff was friendly and helpful. I enjoyed teaching the elementary aged children. I always liked it when we would finish all of tasks for the day, because then I would let the children play games, such as seven up, or duck duck goose.
There were many challenges, good days, and difficult days, but all worth it.
Teachers Aide (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIAugust 16, 2012
I loved working with students, especially the pre-school age students. They were always fun, and a delight to be around when they learned something new. I especially enjoyed working with students one-to-one, and loved to challenge them to grow.
Pros
i learned with the students, epecially loved the pre-school children.
Bus Driver
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIJuly 18, 2012
Typical day at work is transportation of students to and from school. What I have learned since is working with special needs students is there are several different disabilities and conditions to work with. I started out working as a bus aide on the bus. Advance up to driving, writing up routes, scheduling pick up and drop off times. The co-workers I work with are always professional, hard working, and very loyal to the company, the kids and parents. The hardest part off the job is not knowing if the parents will be home to drop the students off to. The most enjoyable part of the job would be working with the students it has been very enjoyable and rewarding.
Pros
coworkers are enjoyable to work with.
Cons
the school is going to outsource our positions