Monroe County Sheriff's Office Employee Reviews in United States

Professional Law Enforcement Agency
Deputy Sheriff/Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 24, 2015
Awesome Law Enforcement Agency to work for. Progressive training and excellent leadership.
Tremendous opportunities to work in specialized units such as narcotics, traffic, tactical, recruitment, warrants, training, staff services, firearms, airport, special operations and the three various patrol zones.
Pros
An enormous amount of opportunities
Cons
Having the least seniority
Deputy Sheriff, Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Key West, FLSeptember 19, 2015
If your looking for an agency with a low crime rate, this is it. Great place to work with new equipment. Management is fair, opportunity for advancement.
Deputy (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, TNAugust 20, 2015
Had a good time there, but politics play a big role in if you get to keep a job or not when another Sheriff is elected. I suppose it is that way at a lot of departments.
Care, Custody and Control of Inmates
Detention Deputy (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLAugust 9, 2015
Typical day includes but not limiting to supervising meal service, medical calls, problem solving, creating and processing reports, transporting inmates to court or medical appointments. Deputies are trained in the use of firearms, taser and pepper foam; first aid and CPR, training includes coping with difficult people and verbal skills to de-escalate potentially negative situations. and self defense to protect yourself and other inmates. Management is obtained by advancement in rank from line officer to sergeant to lieutenant, etc. Uniforms are provided. As a para-military organization, everyone understands the role they play and limits "passing the buck". The hardest part is keeping your own feeling in check when faced with a situation that may become personal. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you see an individual, you may have had a major role in assisting them get out of and stay out of the penal system, out of jail, holding a job and being a productive member of society.
Pros
Job responsibilites are clear cut. Training is extensive. Uniforms provided.
Cons
Deputies stay at the jail while their family evacuates during major storms.
Exciting anf Fun
Airport Security Technician/Corrections Officer (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLJune 20, 2015
The sheriff's office was the most professional non-military organization I have ever worked for, Great people, great supervisors.
Productive and Busy
Police Patrol Officer / Detective (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIMay 20, 2015
Working for this organization has provided growth and fulfillment. The structure allows to be productive, and to generate and foillow up investigations to a completion.
Pros
organizational structure, enviroment
Cons
location, hours
Good Department
Sheriff Deputy (Former Employee) –  Forsyth, GAMay 6, 2014
It is ok place to work. Not a lot of turnover so advancement is slow.
Awesome experience in the Criminal Justice
Monroe County Sheriff's Office Internship (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 14, 2013
If you want to get an experience in the Criminal Justice Watching Court Cases, Talking to Guards, and Correctional Officers, knowing how the recruiting processes goes and just understanding the criminal justice process goes this is for you.
Pros
great internship opprotunity
Cons
no real good news
12 Hr. work schedule, only work 14 days out of a month
Okay to contact this Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Key West, FLDecember 1, 2012
Meet a variety of nice tourist, Breath taking views of the ocean from bridges. Monroe County Sheriffs Office provide new vehicles for road patrol every two years. Monroe Sheriffs Office are always looking for motivated young officers to hire.
Pros
opprotunity to meet a variety of tourist
Cons
no comment
Typical Sheriff's Office
Deputy Sheriff (Current Employee) –  Key Largo, FLNovember 6, 2012
I thoroughly enjoy working with the agency, but have been disillusioned a little by extensive political problems. I have had the honor of serving the community I have lived in for several years.
Cons
lack of extra training oppurtunities
A great place to work, high character co-workers, family atmosphere
Computer Hardware/Software Technician (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLSeptember 3, 2012
Days began answering help desk phone calls, most issues resolved on initial call, either by talking user through issue, or by using remote desktop software, to connect to machine, and resolve. Some issues required me to directly work on machine(mostly hardware issues). I maintained storeroom supplies(hardware, printer cartridges, etc) and distributed them accordingly. Some days we had special projects, such as rewiring(ethernet cables) new offices, or exisiting offices. I also setup new machines(PC's, Thinclients, Printers, etc), and repaired/upgraded older ones. My co-workers, and myself formed an efficient team, that solved issues quickly. Management gave us the tools to do our jobs, and were always there when needed. I really enjoyed helping our users solve their computer issues in an efficient manner, and enjoyed my interactions with them, many of whom I became friends with. The hardest part of my job, was leaving, to move to North Carolina.
Pros
working with high character individuals, being a member of an elite law enforcement agency.
Cons
i have none
Intership
Criminal Justice Intern (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 12, 2012
I adquire experience listening to cases in the court. I also help with the organization on criminal records. It was a great experience
Pros
experience
Cons
no pay

4.2