The Groundskeeper is responsible for daily removal of litter and debris from all areas of the property (areas include: laundry rooms, dumpster area, recreation areas, parking, general grounds, and walkways to, from and in between buildings).
- Complete grounds work, which include picking up trash, sweeping curbs, and maintain areas around the dumpster
- Assist with various physical tasks as directed (i.e. tearing down fences, digging trenches, etc.)
- Assist Maintenance with vacant apartment are make ready per the Monroe Group standards
- Distribute resident communications as directed.
- Trash out vacated apartments (remove abandoned furniture, trash, boxes, etc.)
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Community Manager or Maintenance Technician
- Maintain a positive work environment by acting and communicating in a manner so that you can get along with co-workers, residents, customers, vendors, and management.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work assigned hours as scheduled (20 hours a week)
- Must be able to use hand tools
- Must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of building maintenance preferred
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- At least 1 year of groundskeeper or maintenance experience in an affordable housing environment preferred
- Technical training and license preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The employee will be exposed to indoor and outdoor work environments with frequent exposure to odors, waste, insects, pests and occasional exposure to confined spaces. The noise level changes on a consistent basis.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, grasp with both hands, or feel; substantial movements (motion) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers; reaching and pulling with hands and arms.
- Prolonged standing. Occasional walking is required for short distances.
- Ability to consistently move/drag/lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include having accurate color vision
- Frequent stretching out of arms, and use of upper body.
- Occasional turning and twisting at the waist.
- Noise level is moderate.
a leading property management company specializing in affordable multi-family and senior/disabled housing.
Providing the highest...