MONROE PUBLIC SCHOOLS

MONROE PUBLIC SCHOOLS Employer Reviews

Productive And Fun
IT Internship (Former Employee), Monroe, CTNovember 7, 2012
Set up and maintain new Windows™ Server 2003 servers
Planned and created Active Directory Structure, including Security Groups and Organizational Units
Assisted in migration of Novell™ 4.1 to Windows™ Server 2003 Environment
Assisted in implementing new IP scheme with switch configuration
Troubleshoot PC Hardware/Software
Interacted with teachers and – more... assisted with daily work orders
Configured software within Fortres to be used on workstations
Assisted in explaining simple solutions to teacher so they could fix minor problems – less
This district does an excellent job of meeting the needs of a diverse population.
Principal/Coordinator of the Summer School Program (Former Employee), Monroe, MIJuly 12, 2012
Pros: helping students get the credits they needed for graduation.
Cons: sticking to attendance rules when parents wanted to pull students out for vacations.
My typical day was a combination of making sure that classes were starting and ending on time; attendance was being taken and reported properly; smooth transition of morning and afternoon sessions; making sure that all equipment was running properly, such as the copy machines, vending machines, etc.; taking care of any discipline issues; and making – more... sure that all students were picked up after school.

I was the only administrator present. I had very good evaluations.

My staff was excellent. They were very invested in making sure that all of the students were learning and earning their credits.

The hardest part of the job was keeping the students on task during the hottest part of the summer, especially during County Fair Week.
The most enjoyable part was presenting the students with their final passing credits. We had very good retention and passing rates. – less