Monroe Wheelchair Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Structured.
Advanced Technology.
Opportunities.
Training available for individuals who want to learn more!
Great hours and benefits.
Pros
Rewarding Work, Monday - Friday schedule
Very productive and organized
Home Accessibility Consultant/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 28, 2015
Great company to work for, easy going as long the job gets done. Management is very understanding and are willing to help employees to resolve issues.
Great company and people to work for!
Customer Service / Access and Mobility Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 6, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent working here. Employee reviews are given regularly, so you know exactly where you stand at all times. If you're doing a good job, you'll be rewarded - there's no shortage of recognition!

Training was effective and management always helped out or stepped in when needed.

They also do a great job of recognizing the importance of work/life balance. Aside from the people, the work itself is incredibly rewarding. No complaints! :)
Pros
Rewarding, good balance of work and fun, hard work recognized.
Great Experience with this Company
Billing (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 6, 2015
I had the pleasure of working for Monroe Wheelchair for 6.5 years and consider myself lucky to have had the opportunity. I elected, hesitantly, to take another position outside of the company for family reasons. I felt supported and appreciated when I left- they even held a lunch for the whole company to say goodbye to me on my last day!

During the course of my employment, the management was not only knowledgeable (which can be challenging when working the ever-changing healthcare arena) but also extremely approachable; never bothered by having to answer questions or clarify solutions to problems. I found the schedule beyond flexible, the atmosphere friendly, and the benefits/compensation to be extremely competitive. There was opportunity for advancement into sales or management positions for qualified individuals, and Monroe usually promoted from within versus hiring from outside so I never felt as though growth was impossible.

The work was both challenging and rewarding, and I enjoyed interacting with so many customers in whose lives I was able to make a positive difference. The referral sources who work with Monroe have great things to say and I'm always proud to inform people that I once worked for this company. If the future allowed, I wouldn't hesitate to return to any open position there!
Pros
Benefits, Bonuses, Vacation Time, Helpful Management, Flexible Schedule
Cons
Typical Office "Struggles", Working w/ Insurances can be frustrating at times
Great company, terrible management
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 4, 2014
The company, and the owner are really great. The owner is very supportive and motivational to the employees and their success. However, the management is very lacking and inept at best. Training is practically non-existent in the branches, and the employees are over worked, and under-appreciated by the management. Practices are disorganized,unclear, and unprofessional at times. Frequent changes are made, without positive results. Management is more concerned about covering up inadequacies of employees, than praising hard, dedicated workers for a job well done. A shift in management and more organization would benefit this company tremendously. High turnover rate in the branches. Job is very rewarding when working with the customers, and dedicated employees if you can get past the rest of the issues.
Pros
Rewarding job, working with disabled customers.
Cons
Management, haphazard practices, unclear responsibilities, more concerned about placing blame than improving practices.
good people to work with,not so much to work for...
Delivery Technician (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYJuly 27, 2012
A typical day at work was delivering and setting up medical equipment.
What I learned, I learned a little more about power chairs.
The management was fair to a certian extent.
My co-workers were great.
The hardest part of the job was nothing, I loved my job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was delivering.
Pros
never the same thing every day
customer oriented
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYMay 14, 2012
Overall a good company. Need more help in branches,training
in branches.good people. Loved dealing with the customers and the insurance companys. No place for advancement in the branches. less than 20 employees.
Pros
good people
Cons
no breaks, and help was in rochester

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monroe Wheelchair. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3