Monsanto Employee Reviews

fair pay good benefits, no stability
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 15, 2017
you learn a lot with the Monsanto courses, however turn around is substantial, and no job security. You never know when they will replace you. Older crowed is safe but new comers are citizen non-stop. Benefits are good (except very low match 401K).
good place to work but no stability. new employees get overworked , while old crowed is barely present
Pros
you learn a lot, life-work balance
Cons
401K, overwork new employees
Better than other places if you need to sell out
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOAugust 15, 2017
great for science and tech post grads to start out, and has lots of connections to the donald danforth plant science center if they are more your thing. Amazing coworkers from all around the world, but then again no ethical employment or consumption under late capitalism
Good days gone bye
Programmer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 14, 2017
This company is one I have really enjoyed for about 1 year each time I worked for them. The problems for me have been due to a transfer to a new set of managers in both cases. There are many different ways to manage programming work. I think I may be a bit particular about which styles work for me. I like hard technical problems to solve and the freedom to solve them. I do not much care for micromanagement or office politics.
Pros
Highly intelligent customers who know what they want from apps
Cons
Management can be heavy-handed in certain areas
nice job and you will have a lot of benifits
Full time employer (Former Employee) –  Moloka'i, HIAugust 11, 2017
I have been working here for 10 years.my supervisor is really kind to us and treat us fairly.i learn a lot of task in that ten years from taking responsibilities as one of the the leader to operate heavy equipment,computers and machinery.i would love to recommend this to anyone.
HR Business Unit Leader (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 7, 2017
I have enjoyed working here but it has limited advancements.
It is going through changes with Bayer which brings uncertanty.
Many good people are leaving for greener pastures.
Watchout for the Bathroom Creeper in the Engineering Department
Project Admin (Former Employee) –  St. LouisAugust 4, 2017
This place is a joke. Watch out for the Bathroom Creeper in the Engineer Department. The Project Manager will time your bathroom breaks and even open the door to the ladies room to see if you are still in there.
Pros
Cons
Don't waste your time on this place
Good
System Administrator(Consultant) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 4, 2017
This company is good to work for as long you are completing your tasks on time, company is notorious small little things which can get under your skin, benefits are okay.
Detasseling corn
Team Member/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEAugust 3, 2017
Walk through cornfields to remove tassels from corn, and you keep moving on with the day until you've reached 4-5 fields daily, stay hydrated and wear a cloth or bandana to cover your neck from getting corn rash
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Very hot
good place to work
Stockell Consulting, IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 2, 2017
good place to work, company supports work life balance, building and growing the IT PMO so going through a lot of transition to new policies, procedures, technology and growing pains.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
no real advancement opportunities at this time
Procurement
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Muscatine, IAAugust 2, 2017
Procurement area is very difficult to be successful. Expectations are unclear and goals change on a daily basis. Manager has personal biases for members, even those outside of the area and uses those against them in daily discussions. Very cutthroat and difficult to be successful. Very high turnover in procurement, but no other areas of the business.
Strong attention to detail
Payroll Clerk/Station Secretary (Former Employee) –  Isabela, PRAugust 2, 2017
Accounting and related positions require close attention to detail, tact resolving discrepancies and systematic followup. Interaction with other departments/personnel was frequent.
fun job
crew leader/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boone, IAAugust 2, 2017
There was joking and talking while we worked, and everyone had a fair time to train before they were expected to keep up with the more experienced workers.
seed operator
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOAugust 1, 2017
very simple job management very unprofessional forced long hours somtimes as long as 13 when your scheduled a 8 hr shift clean facility their is literaly no hard part to the job
Good benefits terrible management
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 31, 2017
Pay is good benefits are great and company is great at making you feel good about the work you are doing to benefit the world. HR policies are very progressive in comparison to other companies in the region. However, middle management is horrible. They exist to do one thing, look for their next job at the company. In 10 years I reported to 11 different managers. They have no interest in managing people. They manage up and manage their own careers. They are a waste of space and organizational resources.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Mangement
Great place,
Lead Assistant Electronic/Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 31, 2017
People are great, training was great. has great benefits. treated there people as assets. Good safety program, very informative on company undertakings
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Can be dangerous
Great Place to work
Specialized Field Contract Employee (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 29, 2017
This is a work place that really cares about each and everyone of its employees. Everyone is treated very nicely by the company and they strive to make employee happiness at an all time high. Overall it is a great company who strives for sustainability in an always changing world.
Pros
Breaks, water and snacks provided
Great Place to Work
Global Breeding Field Enrichment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJuly 28, 2017
Generous benefits including extended parental care, health insurance plans and vacation days. Management always has an open door policy and wants to see you succeed personally and professionally.
Pros
Summer Hours, Benefits
N/a
Technology Externship (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 26, 2017
This was an externship related position so I did not receive compensation. I wanted to work for Monsanto throughout college, but after experiencing the culture, I quickly changed my mind.
Productive workplace with many water breaks
Pollinator (Former Employee) –  Thomasboro, ILJuly 26, 2017
A typical day working at Monsanto consisted going through each section of corn and pollinating the corn. Some days my group would de-tassle. There were many breaks for a quick snack or for water.
Productive, fast pace
Seed Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOJuly 26, 2017
There was always something to do! I love working where I can continuously work, it helps time to go by much faster and much smoother. I also learned things about agriculture that I actually did not know.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monsanto. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2