Monsanto

Monsanto Employee Reviews

Free donuts every week :))
Internship (Former Employee), St Louis, MOJune 30, 2015
Pros: Helpful staff
Cons: Intenship ended in 6 month
Had a lot of fun being intern at Monsanto Company and gained many valuable experience which helped me in my career if I offered to come back and work I will be glad to do so.
Not terrible for a temporary job
Seed Technician (Former Employee), Galena, MDJune 27, 2015
Seasonal work, good pay, and not a difficult job, but once they run out of work, they let you go with no warning. Basically you just sit and count seeds all day long.
Cooperative, well run, innovative environment
Biologist I (Contract) (Current Employee), Saint Louis, MOJune 24, 2015
Pros: Team building, Management/worker relationships, on site amenities, summer hours, flexibility
Cons: Direct hire possibilities
Monsanto is a great company to work for. They encourage collaboration and teamwork and are on the cutting edge of agriculture trait creation. The management listens to their employees and works with you in order to help you succeed. Coworkers are friendly and they strive to create an atmosphere of acceptance and equality. The only downside is the ability to advance from a contract position to direct hire. Job openings for direct hire are few and far between. You have to be at the right place at the right time to get hired on directly. Everything else about the company is excellent.
Excellent Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis MOJune 18, 2015
Pros: Excellent company
Cons: none
Best company to work for. Great benefits, they treat people right. I took a buy out and would go back their in a heart beat.
Really enjoyed working for this company!!
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Waterman, ILJune 10, 2015
Pros: Freedom to do do my job at my own pace.
Cons: Had to leave.
Management was top notch, went through personal issues that they took to heart and help me through! Wonderful co-workers that were and still are like family to me.
Hard hot work, physical labor, diverse tasks.
Office and Agricultural Assistant (Former Employee), Payette, IDJune 6, 2015
Work out doors in summer with other crew members. Gather data, manage samples. Foremen are careful about providing breaks with adequate shade and water, and have an admirable focus on safety.
Management changes
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee), STLJune 5, 2015
Management changes so often, it's difficult to get a feel for your role and or what is expected of you. This drives me and my team crazy.
I realize the public knocks Monsanto; inside the realm of working at Monsanto, you learn the reasoning behind GMOs, and how they truly benefit the planet.

Typical day at work...meetings after meetings, often i think people at Monsanto just want to meet for the sake of meeting, are they productive? (few and far between)...trying to resolve that!
Great experience! Self-motivating work
Field Sales Intern (Former Employee), Canandaigua, NYJune 4, 2015
Pros: tons of company benefits (Truck, Gas Card), Independence, Travel
Cons: Long days
As a field sales intern for Channel seed, I was stationed in Canandaigua, NY with a district sales manager. Here I was tasked with making cold calls to farmers across upstate NY as well as sometimes delivering seed pallets. This experience helped sharpen my communication skills as well as computer-literacy.
Monsanto
Production worker (Former Employee), Eloy, AzJune 2, 2015
Pros: Everything was great there
Cons: seasonal
I working in shipping and in a ab, I learned a lot of things working for this company. Everybody is great there I learned how to file, create documents and creat documents. I learned how to test cotton seed and also learned a lot of different things having to do with agriculture.
Very productive.
Babysitting (Current Employee), Maxwell, IAMay 26, 2015
Every morning was very damp and progressed into very dry, hot, and dusty day. I learned how to cooperate with others. My co-workers were mostly very easy going and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was having to pull tassels from 6-7 ft tall corn stalks when I am only 5'4". The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with such a fantastic group of people.
Greenhouse Technician (Former Employee), Mystic, CTMay 26, 2015
Temp position that required mindless work for hours. The most enjoyable part was working out in the greenhouses. THe staff was fun and knowledgeable.
A very nice matrix environment with lots of team work to accomplish job duties
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 15, 2015
I enjoy this position very much - Great company - The company is very efficient with safety training and employee well-being.
Great job
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Kearney, NEMay 14, 2015
great job just no enough hours,
learned a lot of corn production, Great place to work no stress, Easy Job, Management is a great good coworkers
Good place to start
IT (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 13, 2015
Started my career here, it's a higher turnover environment but it's manageable. Decent opportunities given a large IT organization.
Very knowledgeable and driven workplace
Predictive Analytics Scientist (Current Employee), Chesterfield, MOMay 11, 2015
Monsanto attracts some of the brightest, hardest working, and creative people in their fields. They have received many "best workplace" awards.
Strong work culture and a great company
Application Support Specialist (Former Employee), Creve Coeur, MOMay 9, 2015
Monsanto is a great company to work at. Every team I have worked on has been very receptive and open to new thoughts and ideas. Teams are committed to the business and to impacts surrounding the business. For contractors it is a great place to gain work experience but a difficult place to advance or gain full time permanent employment.
Fast-paced workplace with fun co-workers
LAB TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Creve Coeur, MOMay 6, 2015
Pros: Fun environment, co-workers are usually upbeat, free lunches occasionally
Cons: No benefits, no room for advancement, short breaks, hours on feet
Typical day:
Check in shipment items, count seeds, grind seeds for PCR/DNA extractions, keep high standards for safety and wellness

Learned:
New skill set for job opportunities, how to inventory samples, keeping an eye for details, retaining regulations for a GMP laboratory

Co-workers:
Positive, lighthearted, hardworking

Hardest part of job:
Keeping up with KPI's of the laboratory, making sure samples are finished before a deadline

Enjoyable part:
Relaxed environment
Productive with the ability to make your own hours
formulation chemist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 5, 2015
Pros: Make your own hours
Cons: job security
Able to come to work at any time, typically would show up from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. Would work a normal 8 hour shift. If need be you could work longer hours to get a day off or leave early during the week for own reasons. It was a very comfortable work environment.
Company Focused on the Customer & the Bottom line
Capital Planning & Analysis Lead (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 5, 2015
Pros: Summer time hours - Half day on Friday
Cons: Balance life style not stressed, Company always comes first
Opportunities for different roles exist.
Environment can be very political
Focus on feeding the world is very positive
Fun work Enviorment, Nice supervisors
Field Worker (Former Employee), Waterman, ILMay 5, 2015
Pros: Nice supervisors
Cons: Hot summer days
Good place to work, understanding, fun group of people to work with, well paid for out of high school or summer jobs, taken care of.
Headquarters