Monsanto

Monsanto Employer Reviews

knowledgeable and friendly co-workers
E&I Maintenance Intern (Current Employee), Luling, LAFebruary 27, 2014
It is a great place to work but being an intern is not real employment.
Great Company to work for
Grower Licensing Specialist (Former Employee), Creve Coeur, MOFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: great work environment
This is a great to work for especially intern. The company culture is great and they appreciate their employees.
OK place to work
Shift Lead Computer Operator (Former Employee), St. LouisFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: health insurance
Cons: lack of loyalty
The company had great benefits but NO loyalty to there hard working employees. If you gave your life to them for 10 years does not matter, they will through you out to benefit themselves. Would not recommend this company at all.
Apps and Core DBA (Current Employee), Irving TXFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: healthcare
good at work, learned more experience
good with co workers

very good review
Good workplace with good people
Seed Evaluator/ Automation Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Waterman, ILFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: great people.
Cons: seasonal work
It was a good place to work. The employees are really the engine that make the place work.
Productive place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: job was close to home, i loved my job, flexible work hours
Monsanto was one of the best jobs I had. This is really a good company work for. The work environment is friendly, with a family feel. Management was always open to help you advance to your full potential with on the job classes and seminars. The employee morale is high because they always try to balance work and funtime for employees by scheduling – more... team outings. – less
Productive and unique experience
Lab Research Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: good benefits, unique experience
Cons: poor pay, no team building
This job was very dependent on time management. We had a quota of product to make and time frame to do it. We also had formulas to guide how we make our different products. If there is a slight miscalculation the entire batch of product is worthless. I was required to be fully focused and on task at all times.
A fun and outgoing place to work.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Marshall, MOJanuary 22, 2014
I love working at Monsanto. We do a lot of outside work such as in corn fields, and I love being outside. I stayed active. I have been working for them since I was 17 and have got raises every summer I came back, this then lead to a temporary position with the company.
Innovative fast paced environment
Biologist I (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MOJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: i enjoy the innovative aspect of this position, in research and development where growth and creativity had no limit.
Cons: repetitiveness would be more tough part of this position as working on a mass scale of things, the repetition of pipetting awhile being conscious of ergonomic and health was less enjoyable.
Provided assistance with plant tissue processing, insect rearing, and conducting insect bioassays. Analyzed crop yields produced from different insects, and chemicals. Worked with several insects including; Colorado potato beetle, fall army worm, corn root worm, diamond back mouth etc...Apart of the Bio-Diet Assay Team, which was a part of the research – more... and discovery chain? I would collect the neonates and embryo from the insects for regulated hatch using temperature as a dependent variable. I would also prepare buffer solutions and reagents for assay. I would proceed by following a standard operating procedure ( sop) to make batches for the insect diet. (Trained in formaldehyde usage) as 37% was used in diet. Although the main process required a lot of team work, my day to day assignments were completed independently. The lab was very diverse and embraced all nationalities. I enjoy the innovative aspect of this position, in research and development where growth and creativity had no limit. Repetitiveness would be more tough part of this position as working on a mass scale of things, the repetition of pipetting awhile being conscious of ergonomic and health was less enjoyable. – less
Great company to work for!
Field Inspector/Warehouse and Lab Temp. (Former Employee), Constantine, MIJanuary 3, 2014
Awesome benefits, great coworkers, friendly management team, and great pay.
loved it!
Tapper, Condenser- Operator, Treater-Operator (Former Employee), Soda Springs, IDDecember 26, 2013
Pros: loved it
Cons: nothing
shift work.

excellent pay

excellent benefits.

good people to work with.

after some time got holidays off.

loved every minute of it.
Corporate invironment
COS (Former Employee), FontenelleDecember 22, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: no loyalty to employees, questionable ethics
You are pushed to achieve goals that corporate sets for business purposes even if it's not in the customers best interest. They pay well and severance is impressive. They eliminate jobs and don't give you a chance to relocate- they just throw you away! And it is questionable why younger employees are kept and people 50+ years are let go. It's a monster – more... company that is based in agriculture. But management and most of the employees have no idea what it is like to be a farmer or the implications that Monsantos practices have on their customers. Bottom line it's about money-that's fine, but don't pretend to care about the world, because they don't! – less
Fast pace science
Regulatory Project Management Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 16, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours
The company had very few opportunities for advancement that fit my background. I felt like I traveled the world from my desk. I wish my tenure had been longer.
Good benefits, bad schedule
Laboratory Analyst (Current Employee), Muscatine, IADecember 4, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: rotating shift schedule
Excellent benefits but work schedule prevents you from having much of a life outside of work.
Fun place to work with fun layed-back people
Chemist II-ESTC Regulatory (Current Employee), St. Louis, MoDecember 4, 2013
days vary
some days very busy, others slow
layed back enviroment
fun people
Excellent company to work for with great pay and benefits.
Order To Cash Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 29, 2013
Safety and ergonomically progressive with extensive training and opportunities for advancement. An overall great company that is very focused and concerned with the advancement and personal growth of their workers.
Real good/fun people to work with, safety and work ethics a big plus
Ag research assistant (Former Employee), Kīhei, HINovember 16, 2013
Pros: great benefits, wage, training, advancment
Cons: weather / eviorment issues
First, safety and company announcements.
Days varied upon work changed or still needed done.
Learning skills were always in motion.
Management and co-workers all worked together to get daily task done.
Hardest part was working out in the enviorment.
Most enjoyable was group feeling like family working together.
Good Place to work for
Co-Op Program (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 1, 2013
Pros: good work, good benefits
Good place to work for if you are starting off your career. Had a good time working when I was there, managers were knowledgeable and co-workers were wiling to help. Culture of the company at the time was good.
Fixed Asset Accountant (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 27, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: difficult to move to new positions
Friendly colleagues. Difficult to get an offer. Great work Environment
Best Company to Work For.
Seed Technician (Former Employee), Jerseyville, ILOctober 27, 2013
Cons: seasonal
I enjoyed every hour that I dedicated to Monsanto. They know how to treat their employees!

About Monsanto

Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, – Read more