Monsanto Employee Reviews

Centrally located and a professional, helpful environment
Customer Service Representative HGS (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 17, 2017
The hours were great (8am-4:30pm) and the Supervisor was top-notch. It was a call center but not at all chaotic. One downside though: the training, or lack thereof, could have been more formal and thorough.
Nice people. Okay place to work.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 14, 2017
I like the people there. Didn't like doing the same thing everyday. I did like how I could set my own hours as long as if it was within reason. It was a good temporary job.
Great place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJune 12, 2017
Love working here and hope to be offered a full-time position. Great company. All the employees are kind and willing to go above and beyond to help one another out.
Pros
very friendly and kind employees
Cons
Don't see any
great place to work
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJune 11, 2017
the company invests in its employees. Year goal is base in individuals skills. a lot of interaction across departments.
tools available for everyone that seeks information and training.
Pros
continuos trainings
Cons
management changes very often
As a reional EHS Manager I spent 90% of my time on the road
St. Louis Site ESH Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 11, 2017
Company had great benefits such as adoption assistance and legal shield for employees. As a regional employee I supported 18 sites in 6 different states. Because of this I spent up to 90% of my time on the road. Things got a bit better when I moved to St. Louis
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Work life balance for regional employees
Great experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNJune 6, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Monsato. I learned an immense amount of knowledge about different weed types and the ways to eradicate them as needed for proper crop growth.
Productive workplace
Seed Technician (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOJune 6, 2017
I really enjoyed working for the company Monsanto. I heard a lot of negative feeback about them, but when I got behind the doors of the company, I had no bad thoughts.
loving enviroment
Infant/Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 1, 2017
I moved on from Monsanto CDC for financial reason. Great place but I needed more money at the time. The director at the time was awesome and all of the staff was as well.
Productive and fun workplace
Corn Detasseler (Former Employee) –  Farmer City, ILMay 31, 2017
Working in the corn field can be extremely hard on the body, but the work done is satisfying. Once you've completed an entire corn field you'll be sure to feel like you accomplished something great.
Ok place to work
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 31, 2017
Decent place to work, not many full time employees. lots of contractors. No benefits and paid time off. Full time employees get god pay, and benefits.
Monsanto Caribe
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Juana Díaz Municipio, PRMay 28, 2017
A company that emphasizes in employee safety above all. Lots of oportunity to grow if you have a bachellor's degree in life sciences and takes in to account employee imput on how to make the work environment better and safer for everyone. Good benefits package if you have accumulated certain amount of hours, althought the majority of temp employees only get minimum wage and sick days.
Pros
safe place to work and oportunity to grow if you have a bachellor's degree.
Cons
The use of chemicals and fertilizares to help plants grow and mature faster.
Working as a contractor
IT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 25, 2017
As a contractor, my experience at Monsanto was pleasant. Friendly atmosphere. Laid back environment. Very helpful and knowledgeable I.T. department. Overall pleasant place to work.
Good Learning Experience
Field Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huxley, IAMay 22, 2017
Really tough place to work with constant changes and insecurities of the Board and Chairman.

Zero work-life-balance; regularly 70 hour weeks.

Partime employees are treated unfairly.
Great Place to work
Occupational Health Nurse- North American Seeds (Former Employee) –  Waterman, IL and St. Louis, MOMay 18, 2017
Great Place to work. Global company with 150+ sites in North America. North America Seeds division supports the following crops: Corn, Cotton, Canola, Soy Beans and Vegetables.
employed
Chemical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 18, 2017
Working various departments. Excellent growth potential, managers support professional development. Ability to attend college to further education. Very supportive and eager to train and compliance focused.
Pros
employed
Cons
temporary
Fast Paced with multiple tasks
Seed Laborer (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 15, 2017
Great company to work for if you have the required education to stay employed with them, they are currently restructuring right now so its not the most organized but im sure within a couple years it will all smooth out and be a wonderful place to work
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAMay 12, 2017
Great company, committed to R&D and bringing the very best new products to the market that change the landscape of agriculture. A typical day is always changing, and the culture is fast paced and dynamic.
If you want to know what it was like in the 80s, read on
Research Biologist I (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMay 12, 2017
Good place to work if you didn't mind being kept on as a temp w/o benefits for ever - or until someone killed your project and layed everyone off. That was then, before Pharmacia/Pfizer/Solvay/Monsanto².
Pros
nice campus
Cons
projects live and die, taking employees with them
It was fun
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAMay 9, 2017
I worked as a labor worker so i was mainly outside. It was mostly hot but Monsanto provided good products to help with the sun. If it ever got hot we'd get pop-sticks
Enjoyable work environment with great professionals
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 8, 2017
Typical day included pulling customer files for claim payers; preparing workmen's compensation weekly payments; working in the machine room (preparing insurance claims with payment checks); closing machine room; preparing claims and checks to be mailed to various Monsanto main offices throughout the world.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monsanto. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2