Monsanto

Monsanto Employee Reviews

Work culture is good
Senior Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 4, 2015
Pros: good campus
Cons: strict managers
Work culture is good Work culture is good Work culture is good Work culture is goodWork culture is goodWork culture is goodWork culture is good
Great employee benefits and work/life balance.
Senior EHS Engineer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: a lot of learning opportunities.
Cons: current gmo public education strategy is good but needs more multimedia exposure.
Support in a daily base all designated sites by visiting them or remotely assisting ESH personnel. While on sites, workaround the locations a conduct face-to-face interviews to confirm ESH programs maturity.
Loved working there, but once I received my MBA I was "trapped" in a no advancement position
Cost Analyst, Cost Accountant (Former Employee), Creve Couer, MO and Cahokia, ILFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: company sponsored employee social events
Cons: long drive to plant and return in the evening
Began as cost accountant at headquarters, and was promoted to Cost Analyst at the Krumrich Plant in Cahokia IL. Long drive to work and the environment at the Plant was iffy due to the various chemicals that were used and produced at that location.

Co-workers were fun to be with and enjoyed working with them.

Hardest part of job was the smell that permeated your clothes, wallet, notebooks, etc. hard to get rid of the smell.

Typical day included taking inventory of my departments, entering of production data into the computer system, and reconciling differences, and explaining variances to the budget.
Good Experience
Research Associate in Vector Quality Control (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 17, 2015
It was a nice palace to learn about the biotech industry. They have a lot of nice perks for employees such as a work out area, a lunch area with many different options, etc.
swing shift
Production Tech II Working Lead (Former Employee), Muscatine, IAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: you learn skills that can help you in other manufactuing, you move around internaly
you don't know what shift cycle you will be on in order to set up appointments. There is a clear difference between the contract employees that perform the same jobs as the full time employees which make moral rather difficult.
Innovative environment, productive and FUN place to work
Sr.Test Engineer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: innovation, trainings, learn new things
Very dynamic/fast paced
Opportunity to learn EVERY DAY
Innovation day once a month
Self-organizing team
Supportive, helpful and fun co-workers
Great support from the management
Look forward to go to job every day - enjoy to work
One of the greatest companies that I worked with
overall good company, numerous changes within managment resuliting in young people without life experiences in charge
Maintenance/Plant Engineer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: good pay, benefits, company vechile
Cons: travel away from home
typical day included developing a plan to complete projects, issuing purchase orders, learning alternate options through all site personnel, co workers included site management and technicians most difficult portion of job was being based 500 miles from main office and having 10+ different departments required to complete 1 project. the best part of the job was making improvements to the process through safety, increased output and meeting the needs of the business function.
Great work culture
Senior Analyst/ Product Owner (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 9, 2015
Great work life balance. People are really open and helpful. Even though it is a agricultural company, you would not know by working in the IT pipeline. Because it is one of the most innovative IT departments I have worked with. You will feel like you are working for Google or Facebook.
Monsanto has excellent benefits
IFS Reporting and Data Analytics Lead BA (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits and work/life balance
Cons: not the best compensation
Monsanto's benefits are some of the best in the job market in my opinion. They offer their employees great vacation time as well as flexibility to work from home as needed and low cost health/dental benefits. But the compensation is not the best...I think mainly because the benefits are so awesome. But compensation is decent and I think it just depends on what part of the company you work for.
No chance for advancement, no benefits
Safety Tech Administrator (Current Employee), Dumas, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great people!
Cons: no chance for advancement, no benefits
Great company, just need a higher salary. Can't afford to send my son to college on this salary.
Monsanto is a sustainable agriculture company
Sr. Business Analyst/System Analyst (Former Employee), Creve Couer, MOJanuary 21, 2015
Monsanto is a sustainable agriculture company. We deliver agricultural products that support farmers all around the world. The project involved implementation of SharePoint Server 2010 to enhance the use of the BI infrastructure from the legacy system –Report Portal.
its ok people just dont know how to treat each other
Licensed Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Hollandale, MSDecember 24, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I love my job as an forklift operator theres nothing hard about the job and management is great and co-workers are very careful but some don't know how to treat people the job doesn't have a lot of benefits and its seasonal so theres no advancing
Great cultural experience
Supply Mangement Intern (Former Employee), Ashton, ILDecember 23, 2014
It was eye opening as a FAMU student to live and work in a community totally different from the norm. It was a very memorable experience and I learned a lot.
Awesome people!
Corn Breeding Internship (Former Employee), Harrisburg, SDDecember 22, 2014
Fun working environment. Great people to work with. Loved the hands on aspect of the job!
Had great potential for advancement.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 22, 2014
I worked as an administrative assistant in several different departments. A typical day usually began slowly with filing and taking phone calls. As the day progressed, it would become busier with problem resolution as well as daily departmental duties.
The management personnel I worked for were professional as well as encouraging.
Each department had a different cultural environment. After becoming acclimated to the environment and the personnel, I enjoyed each position I held.
I believe the hardest part of the job were the unexpected complications that would arise. Although these problems were challenging and rewarding, it was not always easy.
I think the most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked with along the way. I acquired some life long friendships when I was enployeed with this company and am very grateful.
Seed Technician
Seed Technician (Former Employee), Oxnard, CADecember 15, 2014
Pros: seasonal
Cons: not yearly
clean and process seed for distribution to other countries, using formulas for cleaning
Productive workplace
International Shipping (Current Employee), Morton, ILDecember 3, 2014
Pros: floor managers take note of the positives and negatives that fellow employees share.
Cons: short breaks and there is no guarantee that work will be busy without layoffs.
The company is successful in the areas of inventory, 2 second lean suggestions, implementing new regulations for the better of the company and establishing a safe safe area of operations.
Great people
Field Claims Specialist (Current Employee), IADecember 3, 2014
Pros: well compensated
Great people, good benefits and they let you do your job.

I did a lot of face to face contact with local area retailers and was compensated very well for that.

Very attentive IT staff and most tech problems are handled very quickly.

Great team atmosphere..
Best place Ive ever worked.
Warehouse Employee, Machine Operator (Former Employee), Grinnell, IADecember 1, 2014
Pros: extremely well run company
Cons: mainly working in a warehouse
The whole company is ran well from top to bottom. Thorough training and good pay with ample benefits. Only problem can be that it can get a little repetitive at times and you really have to like corn as you will be seeing a lot of it.
A fantastic work environment.
Chemical Plant Biology Intern (Former Employee), Davis, CANovember 18, 2014
The scientists who I had the privilege to work with at Monsanto were all incredibly intelligent, down-to-earth, and valued a good balance between their work and family lives. Contrary to popular belief, Monsanto is not an evil corporation filled with greedy businessmen, but rather is one of the best companies to work for in the world (Top 100 according to Fortune) filled with inspired scientists interested in cutting-edge agricultural biotechnology.

About Monsanto

Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, – Read more

Monsanto Salaries