Monsanto Employee Reviews in United States

Good Experience
SHAREPOINT/SQL ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOMay 16, 2016
First Job out of College. Great place to learn a lot of technologies if you get the chance. Co-Workers are good people. Upper Management seems nice, middle management has some hit and miss people. there can be micromanaging.
Great Place to work
Application Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 16, 2016
My team is great! Management seems very concerned with my development to ensure that I am prepared to complete my assigned duties.
Monsanto is a company facing serious challenges because they have allowed themselves to become dependent on a very narrow portfolio.
Senior Chemist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 15, 2016
The Senior Chemist position at Monsanto consisted of primarily short term problems and mini-projects closely associated with various aspects of dicamba process development and some marketed product support for other products. Because of the short term nature of the assignments the opportunity for significant contributions, meaningful work experience, learning, and professional growth was quite limited. This may have more to do with the position being a temporary contract assignment than anything else, but even so for the type of work Monsanto wanted and the manner in which they managed it they would have done just as well to engage a junior chemist.

Lower level management was talented and easy to work with, but they lacked the necessary experience in chemical process development to make sound assessments and correctly management development and manufacturing risk. Higher level management had little or no commitment to chemistry and inadequate understanding of the company's risk exposure.

Although Monsanto's management and cultural shortcomings were a source of continuing frustration, the culture was very congenial and the work itself--laboratory chemical process development--was enjoyable.
Pros
pleasant culture, good colleagues, flexible work schedule and procedures
Cons
pay, benefits, status all below par
Good company
Quality Assurance Lead (Current Employee) –  Luling, LAMay 9, 2016
Good place to work. Nice work life balance with every other Friday off. Expect managers to hold the hands of employees who are under performers.
Lots of cutting edge equipment
RM Corn Breeder Associate (Current Employee) –  ILMay 8, 2016
Lots of cutting edge equipment to work with. Working environment is professional and generally fun. Management seems a bit disconnected from the work.
Pros
great research opportunity
Cons
Lots of work to get done
Productive and fun place to work
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MOMay 8, 2016
Assisted in quality control of breeding trials as well as data entry and developing a research project of my own. Overall a good place to work if you enjoy research!
Productive and energetic place to work
GLOBAL PLATFORM APPLICATION ANALYST (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 5, 2016
Monsanto is a vibrant facility with a knowledgeable core group of employees who work together to achieve overall satisfaction for the company and business end users. I enjoy the relaxed environment and learning different application functions that help customer's business thrive. The hardest parts of my day are the meetings, but knowing I have a core group I can depend on, I get through my days with a breeze.
Pros
payrate
benefits
very productive place to work and advance
production line operator (Current Employee) –  Hollandale, MSApril 28, 2016
they give you many options to advance in your career. its a fun and safe work environment in which safety always come first no matter what the situation maybe.
Good company to work
Manufacturing Innovation Project Lead (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 22, 2016
Generally good management
promotes cross-functional interactions

Too many and often changes to management leads to constant flux
Loss of institutional knowledge due to frequent reassigning of duties or folks taking up new roles
Pros
freedom to move between organizations results in a varied career path
Cons
Some managers are difficult, and insecure making it hard for achievers to excel
Great research
Biologist I (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILApril 19, 2016
I liked working with this company and the research that they did. However, I was not able to fit comfortably with the work/ travel schedule.
Good
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monticello, INApril 11, 2016
My job consisted of customer service over the phone. I worked there for 13 years.Challenging. Learned a lot about agriculture and problem solving skills.
Great company to work for in management or internship positions
Lab Tech Cordn Admin Assnt (Current Employee) –  Windfall, INApril 7, 2016
Not all Monsanto plants are the same or do the same work. However, the benefits package & insurance are a definite plus.
It is better to work for them in a management or internship rather than basic blue collar.
My experience with Monsanto for the first 16 plus years was pretty good. The changes in staff, management, & arrangements with the technology with & for security for the area I am specifically located has hindered more than helped.
Pros
benefits, ( 401k & pension for full time), insurance, above average starting wage for job type
Cons
high tech advancing systems for typical techs, high maintenance advancment programs.
Labor
Crew leader (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INApril 4, 2016
Pollinated corn. this consists of three tasks repeated for thousands or corn. It is not hard and can be done quite quickly if one cares. However very few people care about self pollinating corn
Good Place to be
Logistics and Warehouse Management SAP BA (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 4, 2016
People are good. You are treated fairly well depending on which department you are in well. Good work life balance. Hard to move up the chain.
Great Place to Work
COTTON DISCOVERY BREEDING LEAD (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 3, 2016
Culturally diverse agri-biotech industry with highly matrix work environment. Provide great opportunities to grow and develop through across function interactions / experiences, and mentoring programs.
Enterprise Business Objects Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 18, 2016
Interesting and fast paced work, good processes and procedures, room for advancement for those that are capable, good benefits, lower pay
Progressive workplace but at the same time, very political
Business Support Function (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 4, 2016
Monsanto offers solid work-life balance except at the upper-management level where expectations are as demanding as they are at any other publicly-traded company. There is a strong focus on employee development, however, because it is very methodical, it sometimes gives the impression that the path of career progression will be very slow even for top performers.
Great Workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAMarch 2, 2016
I learned how to do multiple day to day activities in the research and development department at Monsanto. I would be glad to elaborate on any details from my resume if you wish to contact me.
I would recommend Monsanto Company to others.
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 1, 2016
Monsanto Company is an excellent company. Work-Life Balance can be challenging especially during peak growing seasons. I would recommend this company to others. This company offers excellent benefits.
World Class company to work for.
Seed Technician (Current Employee) –  Waco, NEFebruary 29, 2016
Respectful company that truly values its employees. Great work/family lifestyle that allows us a substantial amount of paid time off (vacation, sick, and holiday).

4.2