Monsanto

Monsanto Employer Reviews

Seed Technician
Seed Technician (Former Employee), Oxnard, CADecember 15, 2014
Pros: seasonal
Cons: not yearly
clean and process seed for distribution to other countries, using formulas for cleaning
Productive workplace
International Shipping (Current Employee), Morton, ILDecember 3, 2014
Pros: floor managers take note of the positives and negatives that fellow employees share.
Cons: short breaks and there is no guarantee that work will be busy without layoffs.
The company is successful in the areas of inventory, 2 second lean suggestions, implementing new regulations for the better of the company and establishing a safe safe area of operations.
Great people
Field Claims Specialist (Current Employee), IADecember 3, 2014
Pros: well compensated
Great people, good benefits and they let you do your job.

I did a lot of face to face contact with local area retailers and was compensated very well for that.

Very attentive IT staff and most tech problems are handled very quickly.

Great team atmosphere..
Best place Ive ever worked.
Warehouse Employee, Machine Operator (Former Employee), Grinnell, IADecember 1, 2014
Pros: extremely well run company
Cons: mainly working in a warehouse
The whole company is ran well from top to bottom. Thorough training and good pay with ample benefits. Only problem can be that it can get a little repetitive at times and you really have to like corn as you will be seeing a lot of it.
A fantastic work environment.
Chemical Plant Biology Intern (Former Employee), Davis, CANovember 18, 2014
The scientists who I had the privilege to work with at Monsanto were all incredibly intelligent, down-to-earth, and valued a good balance between their work and family lives. Contrary to popular belief, Monsanto is not an evil corporation filled with greedy businessmen, but rather is one of the best companies to work for in the world (Top 100 according to Fortune) filled with inspired scientists interested in cutting-edge agricultural biotechnology.
Research Assistant II (Current Employee), Garden City, KSNovember 3, 2014
Pros: huge corporation
Cons: huge corporation
its a great place to work, has alot of opportunities

• Utilize research related equipment and perform monthly safety inspections
• Manage different inventory operations, planting, management of plants, data collection and harvest and assist in shipping of seeds.
• Assist in computer related activities and provide support for testing activities
• Supervising and training of temporary employees
• Assist in vehicle and equipment maintenance
• Devised a grease bank system for our combines
• In charge of various programs: OFTJS, LOTO, Monthly Housekeeping, Rural Hunger Volunteer Organizer.
I'd happily work there again
Biologist II (Former Employee), Creve Coeur, MOOctober 22, 2014
Monsanto is a good company to work for. Managers in my department trusted their employees, and concerned themselves more with ensuring that we had the necessary resources to do our job than they did with making demands. We were often busy but didn't feel excessively pressured or stressed.

The only real complaint I had was that since it is such a large company, job duties are fairly specialized. So as a Scientist, you become very good at a particular technique or platform, but there's not many opportunities to gain experience outside of that particular skill set.
Good work place with good people
Laborer/Forklift Operator/Painter (Former Employee), Kearney, NEOctober 22, 2014
Working at Monsanto is hard work but the management along with the people you work with are great people and easy to get along with. I learned a lot about different kinds of seed grown in the mid-west and how to operate a forklift. The hardest part of the job is probably throwing 70lb. seed bags at 7am. but it is made more enjoyable due to the positive work envirronment.
Exceptional company
Chemical Operator (Former Employee), Augusta, GAOctober 21, 2014
Exceptional company to work for with opportunities for advancement.
Monsanto
Agriculture Worker (Former Employee), Williamsburg, IAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: 40+ hrs
Working in the Corn fields was a great experience, I honestly wouldn't mind doing it again. But Id have to say that the hardest part for me would of been working under the hot blazing Sun. There was a day or two that i felt like giving up, the heat would get to me but, i knew that giving up wasn't an option. A lesson id say I've gotten out of all this is that, If we give up in life we will never move forward towards our goals. We are capable of more than we know.
Many different IT cultures and subcultures
IT Security Specialist (Former Employee), Saint LouisOctober 12, 2014
It depends on where you land in Monsanto because there are many different cultures and subcultures.
Outside Labor
Corn Pollinator (Former Employee), Waterman, ILOctober 12, 2014
Pros: short shifts
Cons: high temperature weather
I learned a lot about farming and how corn is grown. The co-workers were all kinds of different people, so it was fun getting to know all of them. The hardest part of the job was the weather being so hot. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with everyone even the manager were fun and easy-going.
Excellent development
Supply Chain (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 11, 2014
Keep up the good work. Blah blah stop forcing me to review. Otherwise I will review Indeed which is being annoying by making me do this and no allowing to do the the function of which I came to this website to do.
Good work environment and good corporate culture.
Greenhouse Technician (Former Employee), Creve Coeur, MOOctober 9, 2014
Pros: incentives for contractors to participate in activities and discounts at various businesses
Cons: no healthcare or long-term security/advancement
The employees at Monsanto are strongly concerned about safety and well being of contractors who work there. It is a flexible work environment that allows workers to find their niche in the work environment and find ways to advance themselves.
Poor Mangement
Inventory Manager (Former Employee), Oxnard, CAOctober 5, 2014
Pros: free fruit and vegetables
Cons: unhappy work atmosphere
Overall, I think my experience was out of the norm. The culture is usually an enjoyable one, but I was hired to work in a new department where the managers were lacking in social graces and/or experience. One manager let power get to her head and made the working environment very toxic and uncomfortable for the entire department.
Overall good experience
Buyer Co-op (Current Employee), Soda Springs, IDSeptember 13, 2014
Worked with suppliers to procure necessary goods. Overall great experience. Great Co-workers, and the company cares about your health and safety.
fun workplace
SAP SD Functional consultant (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 9, 2014
I have improved my skills a lot,
working management is so good in our company..
Co-workers supported me in each and every aspect.
Most enjoyable thing is working together and playing a prominent part in the growth of the company..
Friendly, fun place to work
Information Security Analyst (Current Employee), Saint Louis, MOSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, technologically advanced, and warm cohorts.
Assessed information security risks for over 200 Monsanto projects, RFPs and vendor engagements.
Great Experience
Greenhouse Technician (Former Employee), St Louis MOSeptember 3, 2014
This was a great experience, really got a great feel for working alongside with researchers, and how important my individual work was to their ending results
Working with 1800 of my closest friends
Environmental Engineer (Former Employee), Miamisburg, OHSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: very friendly coworkers
Cons: living inside a secure facility
The Mound facility, first operated by Monsanto, then by EG&G was a unique environment. We were a DoE contractor, doing classified manufacturing.

About Monsanto

Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, – Read more

Monsanto Salaries