Monsanto Employee Reviews

Very kind to its employees
scientist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 2, 2015
Great company to work for. A lot of opportunity for personal growth. Company cares about having available funds for growth and development of its employees. Very generous with annual bonuses. A very innovative organization when it comes to science.
Pros
Great opportunities for growth.
PRODUCTIVE AND INNOVATIVE ENVIRONMENT
Operations & Manufacturing Manager (Current Employee) –  BUENOS AIRESNovember 2, 2015
GREAT PLACE TO WORK - INNOVATIVE COMPANY - OFFERING GREAT POSIBILITIES OF PROGRESSION -
PEOPLE LEADERSHIP APPLIED ALL OVER THE COMPANY
Overall Great People to work with.
Scientist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 2, 2015
The people are great to work with. Overall the compensation and Benefits are very good. Unfortunately, the company tends toward knee-jerk reactions to stock prices and failed projections, resulting in massive layoffs whenever a financial target is not met, regardless of the reason.
Good solid company with excellent benfits
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, GAOctober 30, 2015
Despite the negative press associated with this company, it was a great place to work. The schedule was demanding and fast paced, but after a couple years one learns the routine and anticipates the heavy work periods. Most all of the people I came in contact within the research end of the business were helpful, encouraging and easy to contact and deal with.

Creativity, innovation and forward thinking are highly encouraged and rewarded. Although the company seemed a little "management heavy" Associates and Assistants had input to procedures and were encouraged to express views suggestions, etc.

Pay was good and benefits excellent. I'd still be with them if I could have transferred to the Midwest instead of Mississipp.i
Pros
Pay, benefits, communication
Cons
seasonal long hours
its definetly a learning environment
account data specialist (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOOctober 26, 2015
the working environment is a complete learning experience I've gained even more excel experience and more modern computer knowledge.
Pros
learning computer software
Cons
not a permit job
Great Place to Work!
Plant Breeding (Current Employee) –  South DakotaOctober 25, 2015
Great experience and opportunity! You can always grow with Monsanto. It's a company staying ahead of the competition. Benefits are great!
All business
Crop Physiology Associate (Former Employee) –  Jerseyville, ILOctober 23, 2015
Manage a team of 66 contract workers with daily plans and assisted with HR policy's and payroll. Enter over 250,000 data points in a timely manner.
Agricultural Work
migrant worker (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAOctober 16, 2015
Manually detasseling corn which is a form of pollination control.
I was designated rows of corn to be detasseled so that the ears of corn will be pollinized by tassels of adjacent rows of corn.
Pros
new exprience
Cons
n/a
Great Company
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  St. LouisOctober 15, 2015
Great company to work for. Everyone is really nice especially considering how large the organization is. They treat you like real people and not just an easily replaceable number.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere and value their employees
Cons
Need to offer more contractors permanent positions
Ethanol programs and soybean productions
Lab Analyst (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAOctober 14, 2015
I would put corn into machines to test starch and oils. Get corn ready as a powder to begin process. Soybeans would be dried and tested at a later date for oil processing.
Super Positive Work Environment
FUNDS CONTROL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  St. Louis MOOctober 13, 2015
Worked as an AP Auditor with a Great Company! Processed Invoices. Handled numerous Vendor Inquires and I enjoyed the job overall. I could have been challenged more but overall I appreciated the job, the company and the people I worked for and with.

Unfortunately my area was downsized and eventually outsourced.

So it was a Disappointment but it was time to move on.
Pros
Great People To Work With
Cons
Downsized
Great place to work but difficult to be appreciated and advanced in your career
Field Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, INOctober 8, 2015
I have very much enjoyed working for monsanto. The people I work with are great and there is a lot of opportunity for networking. I have learned how to manage many different corn research processes in an efficient and effective way. The management has been wonderful but lately things have been difficult due to the retirement of our manager and the huge reconstruction and organization of the company. The hardest part of the job are the extremely long hours in the Fall and Spring. Makes it difficult to have anytime with family during those months. Overall though, Monsanto is a fantastic place to work.
Pros
Amazing benefits, average pay
Cons
Seasonal long hours and almost too much work, per person.
Productive with ping pong and foosball
Storage Admin (Current Employee) –  saint louis, MOOctober 7, 2015
Cooperative manager, team was pretty big, very good knowledge flow between different teams. Effective communication meetings every day to issues and projects.
Gained lot of knowledge.
Great place to work I miss being there
feild tech (Former Employee) –  Flora MSOctober 4, 2015
A typical day in the summer was going to the field early in the morning to began the pollination of corn. I learned a little about the growing of corn but that is not anything I need for my life skills. My managers were great and I got along with all of them. The worst part of the job was just that it was monotonous and not challenging at all.
good work place
Scientist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 30, 2015
it is good place to work. it provides good learning environment. coworkers are friendly. good work life balance. management is supportive for personal development
Agriculture based company
Agricultural Seed Sales and Production Company (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 21, 2015
Work in IT and technical support. Monsanto offered a great balance of working in the office and out in the field. Great campus and close to home for me.
Monsanto
Biochemist (Current Employee) –  St. LouisSeptember 17, 2015
Sometimes good, sometimes bad...and when bad can be very bad!
As we all know, job satisfaction is directly related to the manager. While there are many good managers at Monsanto, there are a few that have risen beyond their level of competency!
Monsanto
Detasseler (Former Employee) –  Fulton, ILSeptember 15, 2015
I would start at 5AM to 2PM. My day would be taking a bus to the location we would detassel. There were 4 people who would walk down the corn field, we picked the tassel off the corn to prevent them from fertilizing other corn. It was a fun job, and the people were fun to work with.
productive
Farming (Former Employee) –  Flora, MSSeptember 10, 2015
meet new people with different cultural backgrounds. management is great. great place to work and you can make more every season
Very harsh long hours
Migrant Internship (Former Employee) –  iowaSeptember 9, 2015
Again hours are very excruciating if you experience working in the outdoors. Cultivating the plants and growing corn.
Pros
You actually get paid
Cons
Terrible weather conditions you still have to work, bugs lots of em'

4.2