Monsanto

Good place to learn
friendly management,
challenging job,
good perks,helping to co-workers,
The most enjoyble part of the job
Administrative Assistant
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MOApril 16, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: Scientists based company
Supporting management and their team with calendar scheduling, travel and expense, purchasing, meetings and events
Great people to work with.
Retail Sales Manager, (Mfg. Rep) (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 11, 2015
Pros: Top quality company and products.
Cons: 50 to 60 hour weeks to make sure customers were covered.
Central Engineering: Recruit, interview and hire engineers. Meet interview candidates, interview their job skills and pass them on to the appropriate engineering department for further interviews. Collect – more... interview results and make job offers or dismiss the candidate. A person with a high IQ is not always the best candidate for an opening. The ability to communicate, relate to others and have high self motivation makes for successful people. The vast majority of co-workers and managers were both professionally and personally top quality people.
The bardes part of the job was making the correct decision on the final candidate for the open job. Working with good people made each day enjoyable.
Retail sales Manager: Support company products with 80 agricultural retailers across counties in Wisconsin. Held sales meetings with retailers and farmers. Meeting size ranged in size from 6 to 300. Successfully met or exceeded sales and service goals each year. Served as facilitator for the Wisconsin sales team. – less
reat work life balance
SAP Business Objects Consultant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 3, 2015
•Amazing peers and leadership
•My managers and teams I support make me feel very valued and appreciated
•Great work life balance, I am able to work from home when needed.
•involved into business and – more... strategy meetings, as well as training and development opportunities.
•I am asked about my goals and what I need to do my job better & more efficiently. I regularly receive formal reviews/feedback on my performance. – less
Great place to work , with excellent team members, and fantastic training
Seed Consoltant- Farmer-Part time Cashier (Former Employee), Monticello, INApril 2, 2015
Pros: Godd benefits, great pay
Cons: Had to keep your numbers up to keep your job
Make at least 50 out bound calls a day to customers, try to have at least 150 min in talk time, and as many connects as you can get. While on these calls we collected data for our program as far as how – more... many acres are farmed? farming practices, and etc.You learned that your training was very important to gain these farmers trust and you really had to know your products. The hardest part of the job was during shipping season and their orders would sometimes get screwed up and you had to fix it asap. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with farmers and getting to know them personally. – less
Good working place
Biochemist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 30, 2015
Benefit is very good. Good company to work for. Similar positions pay slightly less than pharmacy company. People are friendly.
Monsanto as a company is great, people managers not so much
Business Analyst / Project Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Managers are not real people managers just an employee promoted regardless of people skills
Nerf gun wars. A distraction, good or bad is a distraction. Never had a manager with good people skills who really was passionate about developing their people.
Great Learning Experience
SAP-PP-PI/MM/ Functional Consultant (Current Employee), Saint Louis, MOMarch 25, 2015
This experience has helped enhance the points mentioned below.

• Leadership quality and problem solving skills.
• Gain Customer Confidence very fast with effective process implementation
• Excellent communication, presentation skills and Customer Oriented attitude
• Good team player, Strong team orientation & leadership qualities
• Ability to demonstrate key values of pride of ownership
excellent benifits, very poor work environment
Heavy equipment operator (Former Employee), Soda Springs, IdahoMarch 21, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits, awesome retirement
Cons: management issues, culture unacceptable
I learned and gained several new skills at Monsanto Company through over the 16 years I was employed with this company.
I worked hard and moved to several different positions with the company. I started – more... working in the furnaces on the tapping, moved up to a level 2 in the furnace where I was a condenser operator, and a treater operator. in 2001 received a heavy equipment bid as a level 1, later moved to a level 2 operator trained and certified on new equipment. In 2011 moved to warehouse was trained in receiving and issuing in warehouse, forklift certified, made deliveries through out the plant and also made pick up outside of plant, loaded and unloaded trucks as needed, stocked material as it came in warehouse, filled orders for materials as requested and delivered. stocked shelves, did monthly inventories with in the warehouse, used SAP system and excel for all material data which included receiving, issuing, and restocking all material as needed, also to keep accurate inventory count on all material in warehouse. – less
Productive place to work and learn new skills.
General Laborer (Former Employee), Boone, IAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: free lunch, great pay
Cons: standing for long hours, short breaks
Typical day at work would be.
Cleaning and maintaining the warehouses organized.
Great place to work. Great environment. Great people.
Hardest part of the job would be standing for 8 hours everyday.
Overall the job was enjoyable.
Regulatory Scientist
Molecular Analyst - Lab Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 11, 2015
My typical workday encompassed a cornucopia of duties, and was hardly ever typical. Some days commenced with the parceling of tasks to my staff; then an assortment of meetings. Other days consisted of – more... quality checks over myriad data packages. Some days required the complete revamping of certain processes. Regardless, whatever worked perform was completed under strict regulatory guidelines.

I have learned a surplus of information while leading a team of scientist. Mainly to accept a person's individuality. I have also learned that atmosphere can seriously enhance or deter productivity.

My co-workers and I became family, and they were the main reason I enjoyed coming into the facility daily. The people at Monsanto were by far the number one reason I enjoyed my job.

When one leads a team where over 500 thousand genetically modified (GM) seed samples are analyzed yearly, difficulties are to be expected. If I have to cherry pick the most difficult aspect of the job, I guess it would be the repetition. Working in a regulated environment, one must become accustomed to adhering to regimented procedures. The monotony could get a tad disconcerting.

I hate to repeat a previous sentiment, but the best part of the job was the people. Monsanto had some of the most intelligent, kind hearted, helpful personnel I ever met. I cherished the time with my co-workers. – less
Work culture is good
Senior Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 4, 2015
Pros: good campus
Cons: strict managers
Work culture is good Work culture is good Work culture is good Work culture is goodWork culture is goodWork culture is goodWork culture is good
Great employee benefits and work/life balance.
Senior EHS Engineer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: a lot of learning opportunities.
Cons: current gmo public education strategy is good but needs more multimedia exposure.
Support in a daily base all designated sites by visiting them or remotely assisting ESH personnel. While on sites, workaround the locations a conduct face-to-face interviews to confirm ESH programs maturity.
Loved working there, but once I received my MBA I was "trapped" in a no advancement position
Cost Analyst, Cost Accountant (Former Employee), Creve Couer, MO and Cahokia, ILFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: company sponsored employee social events
Cons: long drive to plant and return in the evening
Began as cost accountant at headquarters, and was promoted to Cost Analyst at the Krumrich Plant in Cahokia IL. Long drive to work and the environment at the Plant was iffy due to the various chemicals – more... that were used and produced at that location.

Co-workers were fun to be with and enjoyed working with them.

Hardest part of job was the smell that permeated your clothes, wallet, notebooks, etc. hard to get rid of the smell.

Typical day included taking inventory of my departments, entering of production data into the computer system, and reconciling differences, and explaining variances to the budget. – less
Good Experience
Research Associate in Vector Quality Control (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 17, 2015
It was a nice palace to learn about the biotech industry. They have a lot of nice perks for employees such as a work out area, a lunch area with many different options, etc.
swing shift
Production Tech II Working Lead (Former Employee), Muscatine, IAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: you learn skills that can help you in other manufactuing, you move around internaly
you don't know what shift cycle you will be on in order to set up appointments. There is a clear difference between the contract employees that perform the same jobs as the full time employees which make moral rather difficult.
Innovative environment, productive and FUN place to work
Sr.Test Engineer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: innovation, trainings, learn new things
Very dynamic/fast paced
Opportunity to learn EVERY DAY
Innovation day once a month
Self-organizing team
Supportive, helpful and fun co-workers
Great support from the management
Look forward to go to job every day - enjoy to work
One of the greatest companies that I worked with
overall good company, numerous changes within managment resuliting in young people without life experiences in charge
Maintenance/Plant Engineer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: good pay, benefits, company vechile
Cons: travel away from home
typical day included developing a plan to complete projects, issuing purchase orders, learning alternate options through all site personnel, co workers included site management and technicians most difficult – more... portion of job was being based 500 miles from main office and having 10+ different departments required to complete 1 project. the best part of the job was making improvements to the process through safety, increased output and meeting the needs of the business function. – less
Great work culture
Senior Analyst/ Product Owner (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 9, 2015
Great work life balance. People are really open and helpful. Even though it is a agricultural company, you would not know by working in the IT pipeline. Because it is one of the most innovative IT departments I have worked with. You will feel like you are working for Google or Facebook.
Monsanto has excellent benefits
IFS Reporting and Data Analytics Lead BA (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits and work/life balance
Cons: not the best compensation
Monsanto's benefits are some of the best in the job market in my opinion. They offer their employees great vacation time as well as flexibility to work from home as needed and low cost health/dental benefits. But the compensation is not the best...I think mainly because the benefits are so awesome. But compensation is decent and I think it just depends on what part of the company you work for.

About Monsanto

Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, – Read more

Monsanto Salaries