Monsanto

Monsanto Employer Reviews

Innovative fast paced environment
Biologist I (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MOJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: i enjoy the innovative aspect of this position, in research and development where growth and creativity had no limit.
Cons: repetitiveness would be more tough part of this position as working on a mass scale of things, the repetition of pipetting awhile being conscious of ergonomic and health was less enjoyable.
Provided assistance with plant tissue processing, insect rearing, and conducting insect bioassays. Analyzed crop yields produced from different insects, and chemicals. Worked with several insects including; Colorado potato beetle, fall army worm, corn root worm, diamond back mouth etc...Apart of the Bio-Diet Assay Team, which was a part of the research – more... and discovery chain? I would collect the neonates and embryo from the insects for regulated hatch using temperature as a dependent variable. I would also prepare buffer solutions and reagents for assay. I would proceed by following a standard operating procedure ( sop) to make batches for the insect diet. (Trained in formaldehyde usage) as 37% was used in diet. Although the main process required a lot of team work, my day to day assignments were completed independently. The lab was very diverse and embraced all nationalities. I enjoy the innovative aspect of this position, in research and development where growth and creativity had no limit. Repetitiveness would be more tough part of this position as working on a mass scale of things, the repetition of pipetting awhile being conscious of ergonomic and health was less enjoyable. – less
Great company to work for!
Field Inspector/Warehouse and Lab Temp. (Former Employee), Constantine, MIJanuary 3, 2014
Awesome benefits, great coworkers, friendly management team, and great pay.
loved it!
Tapper, Condenser- Operator, Treater-Operator (Former Employee), Soda Springs, IDDecember 26, 2013
Pros: loved it
Cons: nothing
shift work.

excellent pay

excellent benefits.

good people to work with.

after some time got holidays off.

loved every minute of it.
Corporate invironment
COS (Former Employee), FontenelleDecember 22, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: no loyalty to employees, questionable ethics
You are pushed to achieve goals that corporate sets for business purposes even if it's not in the customers best interest. They pay well and severance is impressive. They eliminate jobs and don't give you a chance to relocate- they just throw you away! And it is questionable why younger employees are kept and people 50+ years are let go. It's a monster – more... company that is based in agriculture. But management and most of the employees have no idea what it is like to be a farmer or the implications that Monsantos practices have on their customers. Bottom line it's about money-that's fine, but don't pretend to care about the world, because they don't! – less
Fast pace science
Regulatory Project Management Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 16, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours
The company had very few opportunities for advancement that fit my background. I felt like I traveled the world from my desk. I wish my tenure had been longer.
Good benefits, bad schedule
Laboratory Analyst (Current Employee), Muscatine, IADecember 4, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: rotating shift schedule
Excellent benefits but work schedule prevents you from having much of a life outside of work.
Fun place to work with fun layed-back people
Chemist II-ESTC Regulatory (Current Employee), St. Louis, MoDecember 4, 2013
days vary
some days very busy, others slow
layed back enviroment
fun people
Excellent company to work for with great pay and benefits.
Order To Cash Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 29, 2013
Safety and ergonomically progressive with extensive training and opportunities for advancement. An overall great company that is very focused and concerned with the advancement and personal growth of their workers.
Real good/fun people to work with, safety and work ethics a big plus
Ag research assistant (Former Employee), Kīhei, HINovember 16, 2013
Pros: great benefits, wage, training, advancment
Cons: weather / eviorment issues
First, safety and company announcements.
Days varied upon work changed or still needed done.
Learning skills were always in motion.
Management and co-workers all worked together to get daily task done.
Hardest part was working out in the enviorment.
Most enjoyable was group feeling like family working together.
Good Place to work for
Co-Op Program (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 1, 2013
Pros: good work, good benefits
Good place to work for if you are starting off your career. Had a good time working when I was there, managers were knowledgeable and co-workers were wiling to help. Culture of the company at the time was good.
Fixed Asset Accountant (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 27, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: difficult to move to new positions
Friendly colleagues. Difficult to get an offer. Great work Environment
Best Company to Work For.
Seed Technician (Former Employee), Jerseyville, ILOctober 27, 2013
Cons: seasonal
I enjoyed every hour that I dedicated to Monsanto. They know how to treat their employees!
Excellent work environment
Field Physiology (Former Employee), Jerseyville, ILOctober 26, 2013
Pros: water and gatorade was provided free to the employees
Cons: seasonal work
Most days were a lot alike, once on task was complete we moved to the next one. I learned a lot about taking samples for research and the whole process of how corn and soybeans grow. Management was excellent. All of the managers were very easy to get a long with. They were always nice and always looked out for their workers. The hardest part of this – more... job were times when we had to sit and wait for a task, such as if a tractor broke down, we couldn't do root digs on the crops for testing. The most enjoyable part of this job were the people I worked with. Everybody got along well and always had fun. – less
Great Company with a beautiful Campus
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), St. LouisOctober 23, 2013
* schedule meetings, book travel, data entry, answer phones, lots of calendaring

* Ive learned to manage my time well and stay organized.

* All the managers are great and fun to be around

* I really enjoy my co-workers

* The hardest part of the job is the high season

* The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the diverse population – more... and meeting new people. – less
It's a good company overall
Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer (Current Employee), Luling, LAOctober 14, 2013
It's an okay work life balance. The hardest thing I hated was being on call 24/7 and not having coverage for when I wanted to travel. Also, I got called out numerous times as an engineer for non engineering issues.
Good Culture
Financial Planning and Analysis Intern (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 12, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: na
Work-life balance
Rotation opportunity
Metrics environment
Activities such as Finance Town Hall
Productive and fun work place
Executive Protection Security Specialist (Current Employee), Saint Louis, MOOctober 3, 2013
Outstanding benefits. Friendly environment. Everyone is there to help each other. All work and a little play.
This Company worked as a team. Communication with each other is important. I enjoyed working here.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), DeKalb, ILSeptember 17, 2013
I worked in Customer Service Department and the co-workers were awesome. Unfortunately this department was transferred to St. Louis, MO.
Great place to work, was employed there for two summers during college
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee), Storm Lake, IASeptember 17, 2013
I worked here for two summers during school. My main responsibilities included ensuring farmers received seed corn on time to meet their farming goals. I was in charge of data entry for products being shipped and received and every summer I was responsible for training and managing 10 new seasonal employees.
sun, date lines, employees, plants GMO
seed technician (Current Employee), juana diaz, PRSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: beneficts, work with nature gmo
Cons: health care- because of the sun and the products that we used there. there is not a clean lab, to work with.
I work with a lot of employees. I learn all the things for cotton, and soy crops. Is always away to do all the things, and that give direction to all the thing that we do. My co-workers are persons that have been studied; sometimes that is great, but sometimes that is difficult to work with. The hardest part of the job is making that the people do the – more... work in the correct way and into the date line. The sun all the day in your head is sometimes difficult. I love working with plants because I think that is food for my soul. Is not a common job. – less

About Monsanto

Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, – Read more