Monsanto

Monsanto Employee Reviews

excellent benifits, very poor work environment
Heavy equipment operator (Former Employee), Soda Springs, IdahoMarch 21, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits, awesome retirement
Cons: management issues, culture unacceptable
I learned and gained several new skills at Monsanto Company through over the 16 years I was employed with this company.
I worked hard and moved to several different positions with the company. I started working in the furnaces on the tapping, moved up to a level 2 in the furnace where I was a condenser operator, and a treater operator. in 2001 received a heavy equipment bid as a level 1, later moved to a level 2 operator trained and certified on new equipment. In 2011 moved to warehouse was trained in receiving and issuing in warehouse, forklift certified, made deliveries through out the plant and also made pick up outside of plant, loaded and unloaded trucks as needed, stocked material as it came in warehouse, filled orders for materials as requested and delivered. stocked shelves, did monthly inventories with in the warehouse, used SAP system and excel for all material data which included receiving, issuing, and restocking all material as needed, also to keep accurate inventory count on all material in warehouse.
Productive place to work and learn new skills.
General Laborer (Former Employee), Boone, IAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: free lunch, great pay
Cons: standing for long hours, short breaks
Typical day at work would be.
Cleaning and maintaining the warehouses organized.
Great place to work. Great environment. Great people.
Hardest part of the job would be standing for 8 hours everyday.
Overall the job was enjoyable.
Regulatory Scientist
Molecular Analyst - Lab Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 11, 2015
My typical workday encompassed a cornucopia of duties, and was hardly ever typical. Some days commenced with the parceling of tasks to my staff; then an assortment of meetings. Other days consisted of quality checks over myriad data packages. Some days required the complete revamping of certain processes. Regardless, whatever worked perform was completed under strict regulatory guidelines.

I have learned a surplus of information while leading a team of scientist. Mainly to accept a person's individuality. I have also learned that atmosphere can seriously enhance or deter productivity.

My co-workers and I became family, and they were the main reason I enjoyed coming into the facility daily. The people at Monsanto were by far the number one reason I enjoyed my job.

When one leads a team where over 500 thousand genetically modified (GM) seed samples are analyzed yearly, difficulties are to be expected. If I have to cherry pick the most difficult aspect of the job, I guess it would be the repetition. Working in a regulated environment, one must become accustomed to adhering to regimented procedures. The monotony could get a tad disconcerting.

I hate to repeat a previous sentiment, but the best part of the job was the people. Monsanto had some of the most intelligent, kind hearted, helpful personnel I ever met. I cherished the time with my co-workers.
Work culture is good
Senior Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 4, 2015
Pros: good campus
Cons: strict managers
Work culture is good Work culture is good Work culture is good Work culture is goodWork culture is goodWork culture is goodWork culture is good
Great employee benefits and work/life balance.
Senior EHS Engineer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: a lot of learning opportunities.
Cons: current gmo public education strategy is good but needs more multimedia exposure.
Support in a daily base all designated sites by visiting them or remotely assisting ESH personnel. While on sites, workaround the locations a conduct face-to-face interviews to confirm ESH programs maturity.
Loved working there, but once I received my MBA I was "trapped" in a no advancement position
Cost Analyst, Cost Accountant (Former Employee), Creve Couer, MO and Cahokia, ILFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: company sponsored employee social events
Cons: long drive to plant and return in the evening
Began as cost accountant at headquarters, and was promoted to Cost Analyst at the Krumrich Plant in Cahokia IL. Long drive to work and the environment at the Plant was iffy due to the various chemicals that were used and produced at that location.

Co-workers were fun to be with and enjoyed working with them.

Hardest part of job was the smell that permeated your clothes, wallet, notebooks, etc. hard to get rid of the smell.

Typical day included taking inventory of my departments, entering of production data into the computer system, and reconciling differences, and explaining variances to the budget.
Good Experience
Research Associate in Vector Quality Control (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 17, 2015
It was a nice palace to learn about the biotech industry. They have a lot of nice perks for employees such as a work out area, a lunch area with many different options, etc.
swing shift
Production Tech II Working Lead (Former Employee), Muscatine, IAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: you learn skills that can help you in other manufactuing, you move around internaly
you don't know what shift cycle you will be on in order to set up appointments. There is a clear difference between the contract employees that perform the same jobs as the full time employees which make moral rather difficult.
Innovative environment, productive and FUN place to work
Sr.Test Engineer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: innovation, trainings, learn new things
Very dynamic/fast paced
Opportunity to learn EVERY DAY
Innovation day once a month
Self-organizing team
Supportive, helpful and fun co-workers
Great support from the management
Look forward to go to job every day - enjoy to work
One of the greatest companies that I worked with
overall good company, numerous changes within managment resuliting in young people without life experiences in charge
Maintenance/Plant Engineer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: good pay, benefits, company vechile
Cons: travel away from home
typical day included developing a plan to complete projects, issuing purchase orders, learning alternate options through all site personnel, co workers included site management and technicians most difficult portion of job was being based 500 miles from main office and having 10+ different departments required to complete 1 project. the best part of the job was making improvements to the process through safety, increased output and meeting the needs of the business function.
Great work culture
Senior Analyst/ Product Owner (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 9, 2015
Great work life balance. People are really open and helpful. Even though it is a agricultural company, you would not know by working in the IT pipeline. Because it is one of the most innovative IT departments I have worked with. You will feel like you are working for Google or Facebook.
Monsanto has excellent benefits
IFS Reporting and Data Analytics Lead BA (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits and work/life balance
Cons: not the best compensation
Monsanto's benefits are some of the best in the job market in my opinion. They offer their employees great vacation time as well as flexibility to work from home as needed and low cost health/dental benefits. But the compensation is not the best...I think mainly because the benefits are so awesome. But compensation is decent and I think it just depends on what part of the company you work for.
No chance for advancement, no benefits
Safety Tech Administrator (Current Employee), Dumas, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great people!
Cons: no chance for advancement, no benefits
Great company, just need a higher salary. Can't afford to send my son to college on this salary.
Monsanto is a sustainable agriculture company
Sr. Business Analyst/System Analyst (Former Employee), Creve Couer, MOJanuary 21, 2015
Monsanto is a sustainable agriculture company. We deliver agricultural products that support farmers all around the world. The project involved implementation of SharePoint Server 2010 to enhance the use of the BI infrastructure from the legacy system –Report Portal.
its ok people just dont know how to treat each other
Licensed Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Hollandale, MSDecember 24, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I love my job as an forklift operator theres nothing hard about the job and management is great and co-workers are very careful but some don't know how to treat people the job doesn't have a lot of benefits and its seasonal so theres no advancing
Great cultural experience
Supply Mangement Intern (Former Employee), Ashton, ILDecember 23, 2014
It was eye opening as a FAMU student to live and work in a community totally different from the norm. It was a very memorable experience and I learned a lot.
Awesome people!
Corn Breeding Internship (Former Employee), Harrisburg, SDDecember 22, 2014
Fun working environment. Great people to work with. Loved the hands on aspect of the job!
Had great potential for advancement.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 22, 2014
I worked as an administrative assistant in several different departments. A typical day usually began slowly with filing and taking phone calls. As the day progressed, it would become busier with problem resolution as well as daily departmental duties.
The management personnel I worked for were professional as well as encouraging.
Each department had a different cultural environment. After becoming acclimated to the environment and the personnel, I enjoyed each position I held.
I believe the hardest part of the job were the unexpected complications that would arise. Although these problems were challenging and rewarding, it was not always easy.
I think the most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked with along the way. I acquired some life long friendships when I was enployeed with this company and am very grateful.
Seed Technician
Seed Technician (Former Employee), Oxnard, CADecember 15, 2014
Pros: seasonal
Cons: not yearly
clean and process seed for distribution to other countries, using formulas for cleaning
Productive workplace
International Shipping (Current Employee), Morton, ILDecember 3, 2014
Pros: floor managers take note of the positives and negatives that fellow employees share.
Cons: short breaks and there is no guarantee that work will be busy without layoffs.
The company is successful in the areas of inventory, 2 second lean suggestions, implementing new regulations for the better of the company and establishing a safe safe area of operations.

About Monsanto

Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, – Read more

Monsanto Salaries