Monsanto Employee Reviews in United States

good place to work
Analytical Chemist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 23, 2016
I enjoyed working in Monsanto. My coworkers and supervisors are very nice. Everyone seems to be responsible for what they are doing.
A Great Place to Work
Scientific Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOFebruary 23, 2016
Work time is flexible and management strives to ensure work-life balance.
Some of the smartest and friendliest people I have ever worked with.
Constantly was learning new aspects about science, agriculture and communication.
fun place to work at
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOFebruary 23, 2016
transform corn and subculture callus events. go to meetings.
the manager work side by side with you in the lab which is a positive to the company. you can evaluate your supervisor at the year end.
Company structure
Area Business Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 22, 2016
Monsanto is a matrix organization, which means there is not hierarchical structure. After being here several years and gaining some experience with this type of structure I am not a fan. A matrix structure drives a lack of accountability and makes getting anything accomplished a practice of getting buy-in from everybody and their brother. This is probably fine when times are good but in trying times it provides an atmosphere where marginal performers can hide and make a career out of it.
It was fun and challenging environment to work in.
Storage VMware/ Engineer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 21, 2016
Its a great journey so far and I met with lot of talented people and now am ready to take all my knowledge and implement them in other environments.
Na
Senior Hyperion Consultant -Lead (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 16, 2016
Good company to work.
Friendly and positive environment.
Friendly team members . Good working culture.
Awesome manager to work for .Like working for this company
I enjoyed monsanto alot! I got along with most co-workers, they even threw me a baby shower.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterman, ILFebruary 16, 2016
A typical day at work at monsanto is very easy. I learned about different germination of seed. there are alot of supervisors always around. I had very nice co-workers although most of them did not speak english. The hardest part of the job was not being able to understand all of my colleagues. The most enjoyable part of the day for me was doing the stretches.
Pros
it was an easy job.
Cons
it was only 9 bucks an hour.
Productive workplace with a positive atmosphere.
RESEARCH LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 11, 2016
I worked with Monsanto under an internship and it really opened my mind to the field of research. The work was interesting and always changing. From field work to lab techniques, this occupation never grew boring or purposeless.
Good company. Takes care of employees
IT Product Owner/ Solutions Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 9, 2016
Good company to work for. Employee safety, Flexible working, dedicated people. IT and HR need to work to train and provide succession path to employees. HR needs to be little more proactive on people development and training fund. Never get any fund for training. Don't have a career plan for any employees. Management level is inter-connected and always keep rotating jobs among themselves. providing opportunity to all employees can make this great company greatest for employees.
Environment
Owners Engineering Representative-Contract (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2016
Monsanto is a very knowledgeable professional environment. Typical day is a 10 hour day four days per week. I've learned new processes and dealt with exotic metallurgy. There's a good mix of experience levels and they make you feel like part of a team.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
None to speak of
Fun place to work with many challenges
UX Designer (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOJanuary 25, 2016
- screen designs, protyping, leading meetings
- i've picked up many skills here, such as HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, protyping, usability
- my co-workers are hit an miss. some are great and some are not so great.
- the hardest part of my job is the constant organization changes
- the most enjoyable part is working with some pretty great people and learning a ton
Pros
constant learning, work from home options
Cons
too many meetings, long hours, always crunch time
Productive working environment
May assist in repairing equipment (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSJanuary 23, 2016
I really loved the working environment and also great co-workers. Mosanto have a great management staffing really great guys.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Crazy hours
Great place to work!
HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 22, 2016
A company that truly treats all people with the utmost respect even during times of restructure. Excellent leadership and focus on personal career development for all employees.
Pros
Benefits, compensation, culture, autonomy, development
Cons
Need to streamline processes and update IT technologies and become a more adaptable workforce
Great company to work for if you can avoid RIFs
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 20, 2016
Too much financial instability; there have been several rounds of layoffs since 2009. Though I acquired new skills and learned a lot, the salary for admins & clerical was low for the area. Company closes for two weeks during Christmas & New Year's.
Helped with planting and harvesting
Plot technician (Current Employee) –  Luverne, MNJanuary 18, 2016
Worked with farmers to help them produce the best yields that they possibly could have. By making sure that they put the right type of seed in the planter and in the end of the season to help weigh the plots.
Pros
Great experience working with farmers
Monsanto IT departmental Review
SAP Security Administrative CoOp (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOJanuary 17, 2016
Monsanto is developing a better future for the worlds' agricultural needs due to population growth. Their infrastructure is solid and their forever expanding and developing innovative ideas to revolutionize the agriculture industry.
Monsanto.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 15, 2016
I believe our company and culture sets a very high bar for excellence. 'Average' is not good enough. For high-achieving professionals, it is very motivating to be surrounded by colleagues who consistently strive for excellence and proactively and creatively seek solutions to challenging issues.
Variety of work done would not allow you to become bored.
Seed Technician (Former Employee) –  Waco, NEJanuary 11, 2016
I loved being part of Monsanto because they are a great part of the world. they made excellent teams. I loved all the new things I learned and could've kept learning. hardest? I'm not sure it was all taken on as an experience and it ended up being the best job I've had. I've done a large variety of different jobs and this was the best ever..
Pros
Great Job/Great place to work/
Cons
Graveyard Shift
Catalyst research was both interesting and challenging
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 3, 2016
A typical day consisted of synthesizing non noble metal catalyst. Testing it in an autoclave reactor, and analyzing the results.
Great Job
Business service clerk (Current Employee) –  MOJanuary 2, 2016
Great place to work at friendly environment and trust worthy. Lots of benefits for the employees there open to talking and making changes when needed.
Pros
healthcare, peaceful, easy work
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monsanto. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2