Monsanto Employee Reviews

Cut throat
SENIOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Monsanto - St LouisSeptember 5, 2015
Too many layers of useless management. Ph.D. = manager even though most are introverts with zero people skills. Used to be a nice place to work, but I get the feeling now that top dogs are going to Enron the place as they switch to a 'Data Company'
Pros
Pay, compensation
Cons
Management Layers, IT side (TPS) is horrible, company lost focus on what made them the industry leader which was the science not the software.
Family style company
production chemical operator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 2, 2015
The company was a great place to work, family closeness through out the company.Teams got along, just didn't think management got involved enough with hearing feed back from the production operators.
Pros
operators were wasn't smothered by supervisors
Cons
operators weren't heard enough by management
Matrix environment, innovative
Confidential role (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 30, 2015
Monsanto has a great research culture. The organization is highly matrixed. Some functions are centrally managed but many are regional or functional matrices.
sink or swim mentality
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOAugust 26, 2015
I believe this is a good company to work for in general. I unfortunately was not in a pleasant department. Management in TPS was horrible. No direction was given as I was a new employee. Manager was not capable if managing team. I was set up to fail and discriminated against. I had nightmares every night about this job.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Cliques, awful managers
Monsanto treats their employees very well
Lead (Current Employee) –  St. LouisAugust 24, 2015
I have had much success and advancement. They provide career advancement and ensure employees are developed and receive great benefits
Great Teamwork
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Thomasboro, IlAugust 21, 2015
Worked in the fields and helped self pollinate the corn. Loved the team setting and light heated atmosphere. Highly recommend as a great first job.
Scientist II (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAAugust 16, 2015
Great research budgets, innovation and autonomy. Great pay and benefits. The people are innovative, intelligent, hard working and very easy to get along with. Good performance evaluation.
Good people to work with on a daily basis.
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Illiopolis, ILAugust 16, 2015
Challenging and interesting business to be involved with. I learned many new things at Monsanto, that I believe will be a benefit to any future employer. The people at you work with daily are down to earth, and have positive attitudes.
Limited work life balance
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Midwest, United StatesAugust 14, 2015
Limited work life balance. Great earning potential. Excellent product performance. Must be willing to relocate. Good opportunities for advancement. Overall good company to work for.
Great place to work!
Oracle PL/SQL Developer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 4, 2015
Great place to work! Very balanced work life culture! I enjoyed working here! Very supportive management. No complaints about this company.
Good
Sr. Performance Engineer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 4, 2015
My co-workers are good and so friendly to me.
I learned many things through Sr.Performance Engineers and also everyday was enjoyable in work location with my co workers.
flexible development work environment
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 3, 2015
flexible development work environment. Everyone is so helpful when others in need. Management is open and easy to access.
Cotton Research
Cotton Research (Former Employee) –  Winterville, MSAugust 3, 2015
I tested cotton seeds for strength, growth, durability, ginning the cotton seeds, washed the seeds in chemicals for growth.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough work
"old school"
Drafter (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOJuly 28, 2015
At Monasnto Creve Coeur, I was harassed by one particular man. He would come to my desk and yell at me for things I didn't understand.When I went to the supervisor all I was told was this man was "old school" and I would have to deal with it. I was thrown into their way of working and programs without any instruction or training. I was only there for 5 months and the supervisor cut my contract short. Very few other drafters were willing to help me with questions that I had. It was pretty much every man for himself.
Pros
cafe on campus
Cons
rude co-workers
First job fresh out of engineer school. Small plant with limited exposure to engineering oportunities
Technical Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 23, 2015
Thankful for my first job. The plant make basic chemicals in a non glamorous segment of the chemical industry.

Basic training from a near retirement senior engineer. Small plant environment.

Dirty work conditions owing to the chemical process.

Used this job as a spring board to a larger organization where I could learn my "engineering trade".
Pros
First job, culture of small plant conducive to learning
Cons
Limited engineering training, chemical process was not sophisticated, limited exposure to operation that used my chemical engineering training.
not repeditive
Full-Time Temp (Former Employee) –  waterman ilJuly 22, 2015
a good work environment, fun people to work with. Management was very kind and supportive. Great safety features. Room to move up in the company that comes with higher pay
Pros
set hours and overtime
Cons
low pay
Pollinating seed corn around other people.
Pollinator (Current Employee) –  Monmouth, ILJuly 21, 2015
A typical day at work is putting shoot bags on the ear of corn, putting a brown paper bag on the tassel of the corn. I learned that it is important to use good communication skills while out in the field. I would say that the hardest part of the job is putting the brown paper bag on the tassel. I say it's the hardest part because it's the most time consuming part of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is being around all the friendly people and taking down the bags from the tassel.
Pros
Exercise
Cons
Heat
Internship Experience
Production Engineer (Current Employee) –  Luling, LAJuly 21, 2015
This was my first internship experience. I learned a lot about the company and was very impressed by the people that worked there. Everyone was very helpful in teaching me things.
great place to work
Greenhouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJuly 20, 2015
I liked being a contractor at monsanto. It was a cool place to work. The people were nice and took time to talk to you and train you on things that you needed to know.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
not much chance of becoming full time
Good company to work
Co-op as Imaging Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJuly 16, 2015
Good company to work and you will have balance in your life. lot of research oriented jobs available. Every one in this company is extremely talented.

4.2