Monsanto

Monsanto Employer Reviews

great seasonal job
Crew Member (Former Employee), Thomasboro, ILMay 12, 2014
worked in fields with great people and managers. They made sure we came first before the product
Great place to work and fun people to work with
Entomology & Insect Control Group Intern (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 11, 2014
Great company culture and nice working environment. Fun people and free coffee. Good work and life balances.
Biologist (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MOMay 6, 2014
Running experiments, had a good amount of working by myself, after being trained. Co-workers were great, probably the best part of the job. Wanted there to be more opportunity to advance. Job could get repetitive and a bit monotonous.
Team controlled Business
Contractor, Data Operations Operator (Current Employee), Creve Coeur, MOApril 24, 2014
Monsanto is all about "teaming". I have enjoyed my time with Monsanto and I have learned a lot. The Data Operations team is managed very well by a super nice gentleman. And it shows when you work with the Leads. But unfortunately the business likes the idea of "Contracting" with very little opportunities for full time permanent positions.
Perfect workplce
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MoApril 21, 2014
Very structured workplace. Co-workers are not to friendly. Everyone stays on task and to their selves. The hardest part of the job was to deal with the executives in the company.
Great place to work expecially if you are in it to for the long haul
Technician (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MOApril 2, 2014
The real issue with work at this company as some one with a biology background is it is very hard to get a job for Monsanto you start out doing temp work through contracting agencies(3 months at a time maybe more) until you get to know enough people that you are able to work year round on a more permanent contract(can take 2 or 3 years) then hopefully – more... a job actually for Monsanto opens up (for a total of up to on avg 5 years) – less
keith mcneely
Senior Helpdesk Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee), st louis MoMarch 26, 2014
• Installed maintains and monitors the operation of PC’s/Laptops in support of the business following
• Documented processes
• Work with Active Directory changing password and giving customers five day admin rights
• Provided routine system administration support such as incident, change and configuration management
• Responsible for troubleshooting – more... issues with mobile devices including Androids, iPhones and Apple tablets
• Set up remote routers and using a Remedy ticketing system – less
Productive and fun workplace.
Database developer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 21, 2014
Learned new things and the co-workers are so cool and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting new projects and teamwork
processes, and performance outcomes.
detassler (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILMarch 7, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: weatherwould vary
A typical day is going throughout the corn fields and picking tassels from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
I have learned that no matter what you do as a job, you have to give it your all, even if you hate it
Management is awesome, from what I remember they were awesome
Co-workers can vary but still nice to everyone
Hardest part of the job is we had to work – more... in almost every condition
enjoyable part of the job was getting paid and knowing you worked hard for that pay check – less
Good place to work and get to learn a lot
SAP BASIS Administrator (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 3, 2014
Work politics is something which you find here . But the fellow colleagues are good except for a couple
Very professional environment to work in. I enjoyed it very much.
IT Consultant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 1, 2014
Pros: very professional
Cons: na
Agressive, challenging organization that brings the best out of you and provides the professional experience and interaction that everyone needs.
knowledgeable and friendly co-workers
E&I Maintenance Intern (Current Employee), Luling, LAFebruary 27, 2014
It is a great place to work but being an intern is not real employment.
Great Company to work for
Grower Licensing Specialist (Former Employee), Creve Coeur, MOFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: great work environment
This is a great to work for especially intern. The company culture is great and they appreciate their employees.
OK place to work
Shift Lead Computer Operator (Former Employee), St. LouisFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: health insurance
Cons: lack of loyalty
The company had great benefits but NO loyalty to there hard working employees. If you gave your life to them for 10 years does not matter, they will through you out to benefit themselves. Would not recommend this company at all.
Apps and Core DBA (Current Employee), Irving TXFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: healthcare
good at work, learned more experience
good with co workers

very good review
Good workplace with good people
Seed Evaluator/ Automation Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Waterman, ILFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: great people.
Cons: seasonal work
It was a good place to work. The employees are really the engine that make the place work.
Productive place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: job was close to home, i loved my job, flexible work hours
Monsanto was one of the best jobs I had. This is really a good company work for. The work environment is friendly, with a family feel. Management was always open to help you advance to your full potential with on the job classes and seminars. The employee morale is high because they always try to balance work and funtime for employees by scheduling – more... team outings. – less
Productive and unique experience
Lab Research Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: good benefits, unique experience
Cons: poor pay, no team building
This job was very dependent on time management. We had a quota of product to make and time frame to do it. We also had formulas to guide how we make our different products. If there is a slight miscalculation the entire batch of product is worthless. I was required to be fully focused and on task at all times.
A fun and outgoing place to work.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Marshall, MOJanuary 22, 2014
I love working at Monsanto. We do a lot of outside work such as in corn fields, and I love being outside. I stayed active. I have been working for them since I was 17 and have got raises every summer I came back, this then lead to a temporary position with the company.
Innovative fast paced environment
Biologist I (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MOJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: i enjoy the innovative aspect of this position, in research and development where growth and creativity had no limit.
Cons: repetitiveness would be more tough part of this position as working on a mass scale of things, the repetition of pipetting awhile being conscious of ergonomic and health was less enjoyable.
Provided assistance with plant tissue processing, insect rearing, and conducting insect bioassays. Analyzed crop yields produced from different insects, and chemicals. Worked with several insects including; Colorado potato beetle, fall army worm, corn root worm, diamond back mouth etc...Apart of the Bio-Diet Assay Team, which was a part of the research – more... and discovery chain? I would collect the neonates and embryo from the insects for regulated hatch using temperature as a dependent variable. I would also prepare buffer solutions and reagents for assay. I would proceed by following a standard operating procedure ( sop) to make batches for the insect diet. (Trained in formaldehyde usage) as 37% was used in diet. Although the main process required a lot of team work, my day to day assignments were completed independently. The lab was very diverse and embraced all nationalities. I enjoy the innovative aspect of this position, in research and development where growth and creativity had no limit. Repetitiveness would be more tough part of this position as working on a mass scale of things, the repetition of pipetting awhile being conscious of ergonomic and health was less enjoyable. – less

About Monsanto

Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, – Read more