Monsanto Employee Reviews

Stay busy and learn about seed production
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Illiopolis, ILFebruary 15, 2017
Throughout my time with Monsanto I have learned a lot about the competitive seed production industry. This job restored my passion for agriculture after losing sight of it over time.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Hard to get full time
Great company that focused on Diversity.
SharePoint Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 15, 2017
I loved working for Monsanto! It was a great company to work for and I really appreciated it's strong focus on diversity.

I learned a lot from many of my peers, customers, and the experience I gained from the various positions I held while working at Monsanto.

The company was very supportive in career advancement, work/life balance and education.
Pros
Great people, excellent benefits, opportunities for career advancement.
Cons
None that I can think of.
Hard labor
General laborer (Seasonal work) (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHFebruary 15, 2017
Job was basic and very content to be the same thing everyday. Hard manual labor in the hot sun in the summer. Good work environment surrounded by friends and good leaders.
an ok company
Seed Technician (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILFebruary 10, 2017
Managed seasonal employee's, troubleshooting and maintain equipment, maintained safety program, drove forklifts tandum trucks and bucket trucks.
Pros
freedom to operate
Friendly workplace, Great people
Corn Detasseler (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 9, 2017
Simple job task of detasseling corn, good pay with a raise for every year you come back. Seasonal job. They care deeply about safety and concerns of workers.
Extremely rewarding work, spend most time outside with growers, get to set own schedule for work/life balance.
Field Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Hillsdale, MIFebruary 9, 2017
Monsanto Company is one that has made huge waves for agriculture over the last several decades. Their progressive mentality and aggressive research practices are driving the world forward in terms of ensuring no one goes to bed hungry, across the globe. They are great to their people, appreciate the frontline representatives, and always have the producer in mind when making executive decisions.
Pros
Self-set schedule, spend most time outside, very hands-on work.
Cons
Planting season gets very busy, sales goals can be stressful
Challenging, yet rewarding experience
Global Vegetable Production Technology Lead (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAFebruary 8, 2017
Great place to develop, stretch your abilities and get exposure with a global company across many technologies. Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills required.
Very good place of work, strict with your safety and free coffee
Field Worker and sheller (Former Employee) –  Waterman, ILFebruary 6, 2017
It is a very good company they always value your job , they are cautious with what everyone is doing. They make sure nobody is putting their life in danger or putting someone else's life at risk. They also make sure you get your breaks at the right time. If you're feeling sick you may be excused and they will lead you to the infirmary. And best of all, there is always free coffee during your brekfast hour.
Good employer with a good team
Finance Manager/Director (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 5, 2017
Good place to work, with generous compensation structure. The corporate culture is highly collaborative, seeking buy-in from all relevant stakeholders. Senior Management carries themselves in an approachable manner and they lead by example, holding themselves to the same standards they expect from the rest of the employees.
Pros
Good culture, generous compensation structure, high standards
Cons
At times we extend consensus seeking too broadly, delaying decisions and adding to workload.
Productive, and nice co-workers and good management.
Field Crew Lead (Former Employee) –  Hanapēpē, HIFebruary 5, 2017
The day would start out with a short safety meeting, which I thought was a very good practice. Management was good, and my co-workers were very nice. I had a very good experience working for Monsanto.
Pros
Safety is a priority. Decent compensation.
Cons
At times, repetitive work.
In the beginning I enjoyed my position very much.
SOYBEAN SEED LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Redwood Falls, MNFebruary 1, 2017
I enjoyed my job at the Production site. Certain members of management were condescending and did not treat the employees with the respect or recognition they deserved.
The turnover rate has gone up at that site and many people have retired early due to the demanding workload and lack of compensation.
I enjoy my position at the PreFoundation site but am searching for something more.
SOYBEAN SEED LAB TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Redwood Falls, MNFebruary 1, 2017
There is no opportunity for personal advancement within the company. There used to be many perks for a seasonal employee but over the years they have been diminishing. Without an opportunity for advancement I am looking for something that may lead to an opportunity to advance elsewhere.
I enjoy the people I work with and employees are generally laid back which makes it an enjoyable place to work. Compensation is far above average for the surrounding communities.
Good client to work
Net/ UI Developer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 1, 2017
Good client to work I don't have any negative experience with the client and the team was very good. Te work culture is very good
Productive and Hot!
Pollinator (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, GAJanuary 29, 2017
It was so hot! Pollinating hundreds of tall corn stalks. But it was cool meeting people from all over Southwest Georgia. The supervisor is awesome
Pros
The pay is good, and meeting new people
Cons
The Sun
A great place to work
Research Biologist (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJanuary 28, 2017
I worked with a lot of intelligent people while I worked at Monsanto. I loved my job, but had to leave company for job relocation for spouse
Great company
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Manteno, ILJanuary 27, 2017
I enjoyed working for Merisant. The company always had an open door policy and insured safety in every task. Team work is essential at Merisant.
Safe and Good enviorment
Wheat tech (Current Employee) –  Filer, IDJanuary 24, 2017
I enjoy working there because the bosses are very nice and understanding that we all have a personal life outside of work. A typical day at work is usually pretty easy going and have option to sit or stand.
Pros
management, easy labor, breaks
Cons
working with chemicals, pay
Great place
Summer Employee (Former Employee) –  Huxley, IAJanuary 24, 2017
This is a great place for high school and college students to work at during the summer. They are very flexible when it comes to needing days off.
Long days out in corn fields with people who you could chat with.
Detasseler (Former Employee) –  Blair, NEJanuary 23, 2017
A typical day would start by signing in at the main building and waiting till starting time which then we would leave by bus out to the fields and put away our lunch and waited for further instructions. Than we would go out into the fields to cross start working. We took brakes time to time to change locations, jobs, or for lunch and at the end of the day we would get back on the buses to get back to the office so we could check out.
Repetitive
Field Crop Inspector (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAJanuary 21, 2017
Everyday you performed the same work. You went to your fields and collected data every day of the week. I didn't get to learn why we were collecting the data and what the data represented. You worked by yourself seven days a week.
Cons
worked in the rain, slow pace, work seven days of the week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monsanto. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2