Monsanto Employee Reviews in United States

Family style company
production chemical operator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 2, 2015
The company was a great place to work, family closeness through out the company.Teams got along, just didn't think management got involved enough with hearing feed back from the production operators.
Pros
operators were wasn't smothered by supervisors
Cons
operators weren't heard enough by management
"old school"
Drafter (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOJuly 28, 2015
At Monasnto Creve Coeur, I was harassed by one particular man. He would come to my desk and yell at me for things I didn't understand.When I went to the supervisor all I was told was this man was "old school" and I would have to deal with it. I was thrown into their way of working and programs without any instruction or training. I was only there for 5 months and the supervisor cut my contract short. Very few other drafters were willing to help me with questions that I had. It was pretty much every man for himself.
Pros
cafe on campus
Cons
rude co-workers
n/a
Research Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Stonington, ILNovember 5, 2015
Great company to begin my career with. Was able to take on responsibility quickly and made it a point to seek out opportunities. Excellent benefits and vacation plans.
Cons
Work-Life Balance was never a priority
its definetly a learning environment
account data specialist (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOOctober 26, 2015
the working environment is a complete learning experience I've gained even more excel experience and more modern computer knowledge.
Pros
learning computer software
Cons
not a permit job
First job fresh out of engineer school. Small plant with limited exposure to engineering oportunities
Technical Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 23, 2015
Thankful for my first job. The plant make basic chemicals in a non glamorous segment of the chemical industry.

Basic training from a near retirement senior engineer. Small plant environment.

Dirty work conditions owing to the chemical process.

Used this job as a spring board to a larger organization where I could learn my "engineering trade".
Pros
First job, culture of small plant conducive to learning
Cons
Limited engineering training, chemical process was not sophisticated, limited exposure to operation that used my chemical engineering training.
Pollinating seed corn around other people.
Pollinator (Current Employee) –  Monmouth, ILJuly 21, 2015
A typical day at work is putting shoot bags on the ear of corn, putting a brown paper bag on the tassel of the corn. I learned that it is important to use good communication skills while out in the field. I would say that the hardest part of the job is putting the brown paper bag on the tassel. I say it's the hardest part because it's the most time consuming part of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is being around all the friendly people and taking down the bags from the tassel.
Pros
Exercise
Cons
Heat
Agricultural Work
migrant worker (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAOctober 16, 2015
Manually detasseling corn which is a form of pollination control.
I was designated rows of corn to be detasseled so that the ears of corn will be pollinized by tassels of adjacent rows of corn.
Pros
new exprience
Cons
n/a
Monsanto
Detasseler (Former Employee) –  Fulton, ILSeptember 15, 2015
I would start at 5AM to 2PM. My day would be taking a bus to the location we would detassel. There were 4 people who would walk down the corn field, we picked the tassel off the corn to prevent them from fertilizing other corn. It was a fun job, and the people were fun to work with.
Productive and innovative environment
Operations & Manufacturing Manager (Current Employee) –  BUENOS AIRESNovember 2, 2015
Great place to work - innovative company - offering great posibilities of progression -
People leadership applied all over the company
Productive with ping pong and foosball
Storage Admin (Current Employee) –  saint louis, MOOctober 7, 2015
Cooperative manager, team was pretty big, very good knowledge flow between different teams. Effective communication meetings every day to issues and projects.
Gained lot of knowledge.
Work/Life Balance is outstanding
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MONovember 6, 2015
Work/Life Balance is outstanding. Management heavy with very deep organizational structure. PhD preferred for most leadership positions.
Ethanol programs and soybean productions
Lab Analyst (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAOctober 14, 2015
I would put corn into machines to test starch and oils. Get corn ready as a powder to begin process. Soybeans would be dried and tested at a later date for oil processing.
Monsanto
Biochemist (Current Employee) –  St. LouisSeptember 17, 2015
Sometimes good, sometimes bad...and when bad can be very bad!
As we all know, job satisfaction is directly related to the manager. While there are many good managers at Monsanto, there are a few that have risen beyond their level of competency!
Cooperative, well run, innovative environment
Biologist I (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJune 24, 2015
Monsanto is a great company to work for. They encourage collaboration and teamwork and are on the cutting edge of agriculture trait creation. The management listens to their employees and works with you in order to help you succeed. Coworkers are friendly and they strive to create an atmosphere of acceptance and equality. The only downside is the ability to advance from a contract position to direct hire. Job openings for direct hire are few and far between. You have to be at the right place at the right time to get hired on directly. Everything else about the company is excellent.
Pros
Team building, Management/worker relationships, on site amenities, summer hours, flexibility
Cons
Direct hire possibilities
Good people to work with on a daily basis.
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Illiopolis, ILAugust 16, 2015
Challenging and interesting business to be involved with. I learned many new things at Monsanto, that I believe will be a benefit to any future employer. The people at you work with daily are down to earth, and have positive attitudes.
Very harsh long hours
Migrant Internship (Former Employee) –  iowaSeptember 9, 2015
Again hours are very excruciating if you experience working in the outdoors. Cultivating the plants and growing corn.
Pros
You actually get paid
Cons
Terrible weather conditions you still have to work, bugs lots of em'
All business
Crop Physiology Associate (Former Employee) –  Jerseyville, ILOctober 23, 2015
Manage a team of 66 contract workers with daily plans and assisted with HR policy's and payroll. Enter over 250,000 data points in a timely manner.
Agriculture based company
Agricultural Seed Sales and Production Company (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 21, 2015
Work in IT and technical support. Monsanto offered a great balance of working in the office and out in the field. Great campus and close to home for me.
High tech, low relationship
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LEAD (Former Employee) –  St LouisJuly 13, 2015
Great technologies and pipeline, good people, culture on the surface looks great, but underlying currents smell of social agendas. Bench strength is getting weaker.
Pros
Matrix, fast decision making, flexible
Cons
Internal social agenda, pressure, arrogant toward customers
produtive
operater (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSNovember 17, 2015
hard labor fun to work with heavery equitment would love to find something different..........god benits good pay hot and cold condition

4.2