Monsanto

Monsanto Employer Reviews

Good Place to work for
Co-Op Program (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 1, 2013
Pros: good work, good benefits
Good place to work for if you are starting off your career. Had a good time working when I was there, managers were knowledgeable and co-workers were wiling to help. Culture of the company at the time was good.
Fixed Asset Accountant (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 27, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: difficult to move to new positions
Friendly colleagues. Difficult to get an offer. Great work Environment
Best Company to Work For.
Seed Technician (Former Employee), Jerseyville, ILOctober 27, 2013
Cons: seasonal
I enjoyed every hour that I dedicated to Monsanto. They know how to treat their employees!
Excellent work environment
Field Physiology (Former Employee), Jerseyville, ILOctober 26, 2013
Pros: water and gatorade was provided free to the employees
Cons: seasonal work
Most days were a lot alike, once on task was complete we moved to the next one. I learned a lot about taking samples for research and the whole process of how corn and soybeans grow. Management was excellent. All of the managers were very easy to get a long with. They were always nice and always looked out for their workers. The hardest part of this – more... job were times when we had to sit and wait for a task, such as if a tractor broke down, we couldn't do root digs on the crops for testing. The most enjoyable part of this job were the people I worked with. Everybody got along well and always had fun. – less
Great Company with a beautiful Campus
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), St. LouisOctober 23, 2013
* schedule meetings, book travel, data entry, answer phones, lots of calendaring

* Ive learned to manage my time well and stay organized.

* All the managers are great and fun to be around

* I really enjoy my co-workers

* The hardest part of the job is the high season

* The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the diverse population – more... and meeting new people. – less
It's a good company overall
Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer (Current Employee), Luling, LAOctober 14, 2013
It's an okay work life balance. The hardest thing I hated was being on call 24/7 and not having coverage for when I wanted to travel. Also, I got called out numerous times as an engineer for non engineering issues.
Good Culture
Financial Planning and Analysis Intern (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 12, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: na
Work-life balance
Rotation opportunity
Metrics environment
Activities such as Finance Town Hall
Productive and fun work place
Executive Protection Security Specialist (Current Employee), Saint Louis, MOOctober 3, 2013
Outstanding benefits. Friendly environment. Everyone is there to help each other. All work and a little play.
This Company worked as a team. Communication with each other is important. I enjoyed working here.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), DeKalb, ILSeptember 17, 2013
I worked in Customer Service Department and the co-workers were awesome. Unfortunately this department was transferred to St. Louis, MO.
Great place to work, was employed there for two summers during college
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee), Storm Lake, IASeptember 17, 2013
I worked here for two summers during school. My main responsibilities included ensuring farmers received seed corn on time to meet their farming goals. I was in charge of data entry for products being shipped and received and every summer I was responsible for training and managing 10 new seasonal employees.
sun, date lines, employees, plants GMO
seed technician (Current Employee), juana diaz, PRSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: beneficts, work with nature gmo
Cons: health care- because of the sun and the products that we used there. there is not a clean lab, to work with.
I work with a lot of employees. I learn all the things for cotton, and soy crops. Is always away to do all the things, and that give direction to all the thing that we do. My co-workers are persons that have been studied; sometimes that is great, but sometimes that is difficult to work with. The hardest part of the job is making that the people do the – more... work in the correct way and into the date line. The sun all the day in your head is sometimes difficult. I love working with plants because I think that is food for my soul. Is not a common job. – less
Global Infrastructure Windows Admin Co-op (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 3, 2013
Enjoy the environment of the workplace as well as the knowledge and skills of my colleagues.
Productive workplace.
Pollinating Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, OHAugust 26, 2013
Pros: great work environment.
Cons: small rural town.
The managers are great and know exactly what needs to be done in a given day. The co-workers are all team focused to maximize productivity and results. The hardest part of the job was living in Greenville, Ohio which is not exactly the nicest town.
Good place to work, just not sure about the IP group
IP related (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 23, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: laywers are not necessarily good managers
Overall a good company to work for, but not sure about the IP group. Rare chance to advance, and will work you to no end.

All waiting for DH to retire.

Slight confrontation will take you to the bottom of the boat.

Not sure if anyone do real prosecution work.
TPS R&D organization
Software Engineer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 21, 2013
Pros: scrum/agile workshop, flexible in terms of hours and working from home
Cons: relatively low pay
The TPS organization at Monsanto is really fun to work for in terms of software engineering because the business is very interesting, especially compared to the other big businesses in St. Louis. It's really cool to see how leadership wants to be less like other big companies by embracing innovation and a startup-esque culture. Everyone seems to get – more... along and it feels rather laid back, though everyone works very hard to get things completed with high quality standards. If you work hard, your efforts certainly get noticed, and it's not too difficult to advance or move to a different team if you feel like you're getting bored. – less
Monsanto is a good, ethical, global corporation.
Work at Headquarters (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 13, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits and work environment.
Cons: hiring/advancement practices.
The work is rewarding and the benefits are good.
It has been difficult to advance within the company despite advanced knowledge and experience. Confusing why they would pay for training and schooling, only to deny advancement and hire externally.
General Look
Research Associate (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 12, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere, compensation and benefits
Opportunities to work with a wide range of experienced scientists within a matrix organization and access to new and exciting technologies.
hard work
Field Worker (Former Employee), Sturgis, MIAugust 7, 2013
I would go into the corn fields everyday for a month. I learned to respect those that work in the fields for a living. The management is great they have inspectors at all times.
Paid well
Machine Operator / Inspector (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCJuly 12, 2013
Pros: paid well
Cons: swinging shifts was rough.
Monsanto paid well. We had to swing shifts. We worked 8-4, 4-12, 12-8, within a month. The work was heavy but I was young and I could handle it. We generated yarn for carpet.
Great place to work with any outstanding safety record.
Laboratory Chemist / Lab Specialist (Former Employee), Luling, LAJuly 11, 2013
Pros: safe place to work and great benefits
Cons: cutbacks
Started out working as a rotating shift Lab Tech then moved to Industrial Hygiene Lab Tech. Worked various environmental day positions and also prepared lab solutions. Moved to plant-wide training department. Return to Lab as Lab First-Line supervisor. Promoted to Lab Specialist/Chemist.

About Monsanto

Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, – Read more