Monsanto

Monsanto Employer Reviews

Global Infrastructure Windows Admin Co-op (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 3, 2013
Enjoy the environment of the workplace as well as the knowledge and skills of my colleagues.
Productive workplace.
Pollinating Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, OHAugust 26, 2013
Pros: great work environment.
Cons: small rural town.
The managers are great and know exactly what needs to be done in a given day. The co-workers are all team focused to maximize productivity and results. The hardest part of the job was living in Greenville, Ohio which is not exactly the nicest town.
Good place to work, just not sure about the IP group
IP related (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 23, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: laywers are not necessarily good managers
Overall a good company to work for, but not sure about the IP group. Rare chance to advance, and will work you to no end.

All waiting for DH to retire.

Slight confrontation will take you to the bottom of the boat.

Not sure if anyone do real prosecution work.
TPS R&D organization
Software Engineer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 21, 2013
Pros: scrum/agile workshop, flexible in terms of hours and working from home
Cons: relatively low pay
The TPS organization at Monsanto is really fun to work for in terms of software engineering because the business is very interesting, especially compared to the other big businesses in St. Louis. It's really cool to see how leadership wants to be less like other big companies by embracing innovation and a startup-esque culture. Everyone seems to get – more... along and it feels rather laid back, though everyone works very hard to get things completed with high quality standards. If you work hard, your efforts certainly get noticed, and it's not too difficult to advance or move to a different team if you feel like you're getting bored. – less
Monsanto is a good, ethical, global corporation.
Work at Headquarters (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 13, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits and work environment.
Cons: hiring/advancement practices.
The work is rewarding and the benefits are good.
It has been difficult to advance within the company despite advanced knowledge and experience. Confusing why they would pay for training and schooling, only to deny advancement and hire externally.
General Look
Research Associate (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 12, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere, compensation and benefits
Opportunities to work with a wide range of experienced scientists within a matrix organization and access to new and exciting technologies.
hard work
Field Worker (Former Employee), Sturgis, MIAugust 7, 2013
I would go into the corn fields everyday for a month. I learned to respect those that work in the fields for a living. The management is great they have inspectors at all times.
Paid well
Machine Operator / Inspector (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCJuly 12, 2013
Pros: paid well
Cons: swinging shifts was rough.
Monsanto paid well. We had to swing shifts. We worked 8-4, 4-12, 12-8, within a month. The work was heavy but I was young and I could handle it. We generated yarn for carpet.
Great place to work with any outstanding safety record.
Laboratory Chemist / Lab Specialist (Former Employee), Luling, LAJuly 11, 2013
Pros: safe place to work and great benefits
Cons: cutbacks
Started out working as a rotating shift Lab Tech then moved to Industrial Hygiene Lab Tech. Worked various environmental day positions and also prepared lab solutions. Moved to plant-wide training department. Return to Lab as Lab First-Line supervisor. Promoted to Lab Specialist/Chemist.
Very nice enviroment
Customer Service (Former Employee), st.louis, moJune 28, 2013
Monsanto was a temporary project and i enjoyed it. I talked to farmers and learned a little about the farming industry. I enjoyed talking to monsanto customers and loved to see there participation in helping out local school districts in their area.
Could be a great place
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Creve Coeur, MOJune 27, 2013
Pros: great benefits; beautiful campus
Cons: "corporate values" are a farce
Highly political environment. Management cares more about "playing politics" than actual work performance.

The company purports to encourage values such as “integrity, respect, ethical behavior, perspective and honesty”. The general workforce seems to believe in those values but senior management follows a different code of conduct that makes a mockery – more... of those "values"

I love the concept of this company as a "Great place to work" but in my experience senior management places more value on politics than ethics, transparency or honesty. – less
Sr QA Analyst
Sr. QA Analyst III (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 27, 2013
Work included QA Analyst III.
Worked in Agile environment, worked in different Iterations at the same time.
Performed testing in QAT & UAT environment
Responsible for running the Manual and Automation Test Cases directly from FA’s requirements.
Worked on manual and automation on Work soft Certify 8.4.0 testing tool which is requirement oriented and – more... a script less tool.
Testing techniques performed include Smoke, Functional, System, Regression, Integration, Concurrence, Load and Performance. Used EKG on PM Dashboard for performance
Defects were found, tracked and were resolved on own and or assigned to the appropriate teams through the Team Tract defect management tool.
Wrote automation Java scripts for Requirement driven tests.
Performed validations on various Querying tools such as Toad Used SQL and MIDAS database.
Technologies: Work soft Certify 8.4.0, Toad, QAT& UAT environments, Mercury Quality center 9.2, Team Tract defect tracking tool, Java Platform, Apollo, Midas, PM Dashboard for performance, web based and In house applications. – less
awesome work environment, can do work on the sofa, do not have to stay in cube all day.
Performance Test Lead (Contractor) (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 13, 2013
A really nice place to work, has the feel of a start up company.
Great internship
Internship (Former Employee), Hays, KSMay 5, 2013
I would help do field days and sign fields. Also help collect data on corn root worm. My supervisor was awesome to work with.
Very Educational Work Experience
Research Assistant (Current Employee), United StatesApril 28, 2013
Pros: variation in work duties throughout the year, excellent combination of business, laboratory, and field work responsibilities throughout the year with a great deal of international networking.
Cons: site location (there isn't much around the site in terms of towns or places to live)
My experience with Monsanto has been very educational and has allowed me to develop a wide range of skills and strengthen abilities learned in College. I have had the opportunity to experience and practice laboratory and business management, business finance, deal with federal agriculture regulations, as well as become immersed in a highly international – more... program with opportunities to interact with employees around the world and from diverse cultural backgrounds. – less
Inovative and cutting edge ideas.
Team Coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee), Allentown, PAApril 26, 2013
Pros: people.
Cons: experimental technology that did not pan out.
Great Corporate backing. Attempted to break in to new horizons.
Division closed after funding withdrew.
Great people to work with.
Laboratory Assistant/Media Coordinator (Current Employee), Durham, NCApril 22, 2013
Pros: very friendly peers. very warm.
Cons: manager and hr do not decide raises or promotions, this is done by a team at the site, this system does not provide fair consideration but very weak transparency as well.
The people here are great to work with. My only problem is not being compensated via title and pay for doing the same things my peers are doing. We are a small site at RTP and yet the communication on all levels has not been what it should be for the last seven years. I am glad I have a job but feel undervalued at this time and wish to find employment – more... that has compensation in line with the duties that are being performed. – less
Great Company
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Waterman, ILMarch 25, 2013
I have never seen people like this .Supervisors and workers and management ...
Monsanto
Shoot Bagger (Former Employee), Stonington, ILMarch 21, 2013
Good hours and overtime along with excellent outdoor work and plenty of new knowledge to gain.
over all it was a nice work experience
Field worker (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 19, 2013
Pros: work with nice people
I would get on the bus at around 4:30 every morning and about an hour and a half bus ride we would arrive at the corn fields. I worked anywhere from 6-7 hours a day.

About Monsanto

Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, – Read more