Monster Energy Company Employee Reviews

Productive and fast paced
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 12, 2017
I loved going into work. Everyone was friendly and very helpful when I first started. The only problem was that many days we were told not to go into work due to work shortages.
Great casual environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 11, 2017
I had the opportunity to work at Monster as a temporary employee. The position I held was a position I knew was being eliminated due to the merge of Monster and Coca Cola.
I was the liaison for billing between Walmart 0- third party vendors.
I had an opportunity to learn additional software. Even though the atmosphere was casual all departments were very professional.
Pros
Free products
Cons
The opportunity was not there to stay on
Productive days on site
East coast collegiate marketing manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 19, 2016
The hardest part of my job was trying to keep the peace within the company itself. I love the overall job itself, but I believe that being in the role of manager I should be able to make more managerial decisions.
Pros
Great brand
Cons
Competition within
Monster Energy- LI, NY MAT Team- corrupt & amateur
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMarch 20, 2016
Long Island MAT Team (Farmingdale, NY):
I worked monster for over 5 years and went above and beyond my job role, with wishes of advancement. Learned management to have 0 experience, 0 network, 0 communication skills, 0 relationship building skills, nor are known by any of the market's main influencers. Will demote you before promote you for protection of their own undeserved positions. No hourly rate that hardly gives you hours or advancement opportunities is enough to keep me quiet. Not to mention they're only form of advertising is soliciting, using other peoples events and properties to advertise for free. Dont get involved, dont support this product. Poison product, poision internal structuce. May appear grass roots on outside but opposite on the inside. Take it from someone with over 5 yrs of experience.
Pros
There are none.
Cons
Amateur, highschool, solicitation, awkwardness, disrespect, no advancement opportunities, taken advanraged of, joke
Best job i ever had
Picker, Forklift driver,Palletizing,Inventory (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAOctober 21, 2015
Monster energy is one of the best companies I ever worked for great benefits.All co-workers are respectful and supportive.I always get My 40 hours or O/T the pay rate is good and the environment is great.I learned lots of new skills with all forklifts and picking.The company is huge and growing rapidly.One of the best jobs ever.
Great Company
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  BostonOctober 13, 2015
you learn a lot about sales as the company continues to dominate and grow,
great perks you work hard and get to enjoy a lot of great events,
pay could be a lot better but there's a lot of extras that make up for it like free health insurance for single people,
management are all great people very easy to talk to even at top levels of management and very aggressive sales people with a lot of knowledge to learn from
Collegiate Coordinator (Marketing) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2015
Great company to work for. Extremely fun job! Monster energy is an excellent starting job for the young person. Moving up in the company is very competitive. The company is still growing and very enthusiastic about making new positions. I've worked for the company going on about five years now and I've had a blast. If I could I would make this my only job but like I said moving up is extremely competitive and they're open to inside and outside candidates at the moment. They don't have that many full-time positions available but if you can grab one, the sky is the limit. The people are exciting to be around and wonderful to work with.
Fast moving company.
Director of Packaging (Former Employee) –  Corona, Ca.July 20, 2015
Monster is a fast moving growing company that is a very exciting place to work. Challenges are great but are rewarding as well.
Raw fun culture
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 25, 2015
The best and smallest HR group I have ever worked with. I enjoy the laid back dressed down culture that Monster has created.
Monster Energy
Sales Representative (internship) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 18, 2015
Monster Energy was a productive workplace, opportunity to gain meaningful experience, acqiured sales and business acumen, and enjoyed the people
love this company
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 14, 2014
anyone has a chance to work for this company. take it. great experience, great management, and benefits
Productive and fun
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2014
A typical day is working with distributor salesmen, educating them on the product, and backing them up to increase distribution across the brand.

Learned how to sell and push product, as well develop relationships with key accounts.

Great support from immediate manager. Always on the same page and establishes clear goals.

Co-Workers are great from my experience. You do not always see them as they could be working in a different territory.

Hardest part of the job is getting through to distributor salesmen on goals and objectives.

The most enjoyable part is meeting different types of people and figuring how both of you can help the brand succeed for each other.
productive and ok place to work at
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAOctober 27, 2014
Typical day at work was to unload trucks put merchandise away, pull orders and load trucks. I learned how to be more efficient on unloading, loading and pulling orders. Management was not that good in my opinion cause they wouldn't manage the work flow evenly between shifts. Co-workers were all good to work with. The hardest part of the job were the long hours, 12 hours a day and sometimes more. Just having a job was enjoyable to me.
Productive and fun workplace.
Monster Ambassador Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2014
• Progressive responsibilities culminating in a leadership position. Diverse scope of responsibilities involving strategic planning, budget compliance, human resources, sales and marketing support, customer services support, and customer relations
• Coordinate activities and events in the Southeast Region of the United States, including Georgia, the Florida panhandle, Tennessee, and the Southern area of Kentucky, to develop and grow the Monster Energy market share through the implementation of initiatives to increase brand exposure and customer satisfaction; this resulted in the successful expansion of brand exposure
• Work closely with regional and national sales teams to determine customer needs and wants, to align them with Monster Energy products according to product market segments and demographics
• Recruit and develop a stable and highly productive work force resulting in strong brand exposure
• Manage a group of 30 Ambassadors assembled in teams of four to eight members according to the needs of the events and tasks to accomplish
• Continuous improvement and development of training initiatives
• Implemented a structure to facilitate more timely coordination for events including performance indicators to measure results and foster continuous improvement
• Formulated and instituted a work ethic environment that continuously produces a highly motivated team
• Integral role in contract negotiations for specific events
• Provide timely and accurate weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to enable and maintain clear communication with the Director of Marketing
Great Job!
Field Sales Manager - Off Premise & On Premise (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 11, 2014
Enjoyed working there and the people were great work with. Fun product to sell and they have a good quality of life idea towards the job.
Fun and exciting company to work for
Trade Development Manager/Field Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 19, 2014
I love this company. The brand creates a very exciting atmosphere. This company is a non-traditional company which makes it all the more fun. The only issue is Management training and advancement. The opportunities are very limited and training does not exist. The only way you will advance is if you are willing to relocate which isn't a problem and if you know someone.(sometimes)
Pros
Expenses paid travel, freedom to work alone, traveling
Cons
training, succession planning, advancement
Fun experience for those early in their career
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 8, 2014
Though this company is fun to work for with great benefits, there are a some culture issues to be very weary of.
Pros
Company vehicle with tremendous perks
Cons
Advancement and cultural issues
GREAT brand but not a great company to work for
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  CT/NYMarch 13, 2014
I have been working for Monster for roughly two years now and it has been a up and down experience. To my credit and hard work, I have grown the business tremendously in Connecticut since being hired. I work diligently with my Coca Cola counterparts who distribute Monster. I work with them to gain volume and incremental sales in both on and off premise accounts. Building rapport with store managers/top decision makers to ensure the Monster brand has displays in prime position in every account. I also presented every Tuesday afternoon when Coca Cola has sales meetings. Monster is a very innovative brand. Constantly coming out with new flavors and promotions to increase brand flow. I have capitalized on that the best I could by growing the brand double digits the past two years.

That said now that Monster is a public company. The way it is run has not been the same as it used to be. I do not feel the current work environment is conductive to my abilities to be a salesman and properly accelerate the brand.
Fantastic culture
Collegiate Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 2, 2014
Great company to work for with an outstanding culture. Position provides a sense of purpose and is very gratifying when your presence is appreciated at company events.
Productive and fun working atmosphere
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  oklahoma cityFebruary 18, 2014
typical day included meeting with store owners and store management